**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War placement bug

Comments

• Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    So far I have two guys who can't place. We'll see if they can place as soon as today's War ends.
    If not, we'll be missing out on 10 defenders for the week.
  • Options
    edited March 19
    Working as intended, right @Kabam Miike?

Can’t place defenders or join War AGAIN because of “Super Lame” Raids week. Really proved me right on that one, considering you STILL haven’t owned up to this bug. Code the game correctly already.
  • Options
    edited March 19
    Need this fixed ASAP
  • Options
    All of a sudden my teammates were able to place. Thank you. Hope the rest of you are free from issues this week.
  • Options
    Nicoya24Nicoya24 Posts: 38
    Well it looks like 2 other alliances are having the same issue :)

Glad Kabam was proactive on fixing this…
  • Options
    JellykaanJellykaan Posts: 17
    It happened again. A member of my alliance went to the alliance my other account is in. Neither of us is able to place now.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    We've just had this happen to us - we are an alliance that is aiming to compete for a podium finish in Masters and had to replace a member who needed to retire immediately.

We are trying different things to see what could be causing the bug but honestly it's pretty poor that there's been no fix since it was raised last season with the really unfortunate thing to happen to SGA nor has there been any communication around it either.

It affects alliances very badly no matter where the alliance is at or its goals. An update on this is needed urgently.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 158 ★★
    @Valmez @Jellykaan its pretty pathetic.. it messed with sga last season and have still yet to hear a peep from kabam. I have refused to let this post get swept under the rug so I’ve been bumping it every few days along with tagging @Kabam Miike all I’ve gotten is a warning to show for it
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 55

It's obviously not going to get fixed for this season. None of us will likely get a solution/resolution that we are happy with.
    What really sucks for everyone else is if it is raids related, it will fix itself for next war which will be during the off-season. At that point since kabam haven't acknowledged the bug it will go unresolved until raids start again and a new set of alliances are affected.

So this is happening. I can't believe we all called it. We already accept the fact we're your testers. Can you at least acknowledge us and attempt to fix things when we tell you the symptoms and exactly when the bug will show up again?
  • Options
    It’s just so crazy that they are so quick to ban and warn people on forums but not a post that originated a month ago and RUINS whole entire war seasons. Who is gonna spam and cuss to get more attention to the thread? Lolol
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 48
    COMBINE THIS BUG and the IMPACTS OF NEW TACTIC: KILLS COMPETITIVENESS

So this is still not fixed and penalizing players who can place defenders, attack to help win, using resources, and kill the fair start between alliance vs alliance. This is absurd - Kabam.

There is a mile long thread addressing this CRAZY tactic which needs to be NERFED IMO. All of the suggestions and actual feedback to consider are there and yet nothing but silence much like this current in-game issue.

So combine the tactic causing players to quit for whatever reason or leadership to replace players. All done before matchmaking - not our first rodeo. The Kabam Support Team can’t seem to help resolve these issues - developers - social media & other platform voices just aren’t delivering any actual meaningful change to fix these issues.

Handicapping an alliance for new players before matchmaking and to compete when round starts is absurd. Leadership asking other players to stay - support - try harder with 9 or less to win is outrageous. We aren’t competing anymore - this is completely out of the players and Leadership (Officers control).

My alliance is in this boat right now and despite tickets are in - we are living on a MCOC prayer. Our Masters run may just be gone now. Every round - every player - every defender - every attacker is needed to start the round 100% vs another alliance. Otherwise the efforts are extremely difficult to ask all not penalized to push - stay positive - etc.

I feel the stress and how powerless of others now - because it has happened to my alliance. Super pissed how this impacts the odds to favor an unknown opponent before the round starts - and hear suck it up.
  • Options
    Hey Summoners,

This issue is something the gameteam has been working on, behind the scenes. Apologies for not being transparent about that sooner.

It appears they have a good idea what's causing the issue and are on the road to fixing it.

A temporary, less-than-ideal workaround is as follows:
    Have new Alliance members wait for the next matchmaking period, afterwards they should be able to join any future wars.

More news as we receive it.
  • Options
    Also Jax, the wording to the solution is throwing me off a little bit. If you already made changes you are out of luck for this war in a few hours. Are you saying after this matchmaking it’ll be fixed? Raids will still be going on so how does that change anything?
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

This issue is something the gameteam has been working on, behind the scenes. Apologies for not being transparent about that sooner.

It appears they have a good idea what's causing the issue and are on the road to fixing it.

Have new Alliance members wait for the next matchmaking period, afterwards they should be able to join any future wars.

How is this being posted as a workaround? The next Matchmaking is hours away. So are stating the developers have a fix that will go out any minute to prevent alliances from again being penalized to play handicapped before Round 4 starts?

Or are you providing an assumption something unknown may be ready after Round 4 to fix future Round 5 and so on? Which means all alliances with this BUG from low to high tier will still be penalized to play handicapped for Round 4 likely resulting a guaranteed loss.

The message versus intent received is causing concerns for players who are just trying to play for an alliance to achieve Team goal. This bug is putting a risk to it and potentially causing a collapse in alliances in which players decide to leave for things outside of their control. A domino effect.

Trying to prepare for the worst if this bug doesn’t have an actual fix before Matchmaking starts in a few hours for Round 4.
  • Options
    JaaibothaJaaibotha Posts: 140
    edited March 20
    Had a new member join hours before before the last war ended. He still isn’t able to place.

Kind of nuts considering the about of time between war ending and the next war match.
  • Options
    @TheExit27 yeah I’m not sure I buy that they’ve been silently working on it for a month and didn’t say a word about it while we all continuously commented, got warned, and were getting the short end of the stick for this long. We’ve been pointing the issue finger at raids since the beginning lol. But glad they finally decided to do something nonetheless.
  • Options
    So essentially every alliance that made changes during this raid week gets the 3 war treatment where you deal with missing players and defenders until raids ends?
  • Options
    Nicoya24Nicoya24 Posts: 38
    Kabam Jax said:

Man2th said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

How is this being posted as a workaround? The next Matchmaking is hours away. So are stating the developers have a fix that will go out any minute to prevent alliances from again being penalized to play handicapped before Round 4 starts?

Or are you providing an assumption something unknown may be ready after Round 4 to fix future Round 5 and so on? Which means all alliances with this BUG from low to high tier will still be penalized to play handicapped for Round 4 likely resulting a guaranteed loss.

The message versus intent received is causing concerns for players who are just trying to play for an alliance to achieve Team goal. This bug is putting a risk to it and potentially causing a collapse in alliances in which players decide to leave for things outside of their control. A domino effect.

Trying to prepare for the worst if this bug doesn’t have an actual fix before Matchmaking starts in a few hours for Round 4.
    The timeline for the resolution to this issue is not targeting the next round of matchmaking. This is a larger issue that will require a larger solution. We don't have a timeline established right now.
    Thank you for finally reaching out. We want to make sure others don't get impacted anymore. We definitely lost out in rewards in SGA-1 since the last season's lose took us out of top10.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,655 Guardian
    Kabam Jax said:

(RE: 1 War Delay Workaround)

This is basically what had been recommended “prior to Raids” ever since Persistent Defense was added.
    And that had already been mentioned at the start of this newer Raids-Specific issue. (although some contend that it only first started with the beginning of Raids).

But apparently, the Raids factor seemed to compound that “already existing” problem of new people joining Defense. And Raids somehow interferes with those new people for the entire duration of Raids Weeks (all 3 wars)
  • Options
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Kabam Jax

If this is the case - it only seems fair to CANCEL the season. Alliances that can’t play with a full alliance shouldn’t be penalized or just forced to deal with this bug. If this is not reasonable - then what is Kabam’s proposal knowing of this issue prior to Season 48 starting and a new tactic.

Alliances efforts to recruit and players efforts in prep on resources plus both sides making decisions on playing together is tremendous. A BUG like this which is now known that is “a larger issue that will require a larger solution” sends a STRONG message and warning to all alliances.

If players who experience a life changing event and needs to walk away from the game and does this with the time windows to replace that player as we have prior to this BUG, puts the entire alliance efforts and AW finish at risk.

Thank you for communicating this BUG is problem that requires more time for a quality solution. I ask so now that this known - what course of action will Kabam take on this BUG?

I’m looking for a positive/ optimistic answer to provide my guys. Hell - I’m preparing to watch our alliance collapse and also hope to keep 29 committed based on the responses we have to go by as of now.
  • Options
    I agree 100% @SummonerNR
  • Options
    @Man2th it ruined my ally season rewards last season(and many others), and it’s about to ruin even more. Canceling the season helps people now but where was this sentiment last season?
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 55
    edited March 20
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I'm not sure this is correct as a workaround. If you read this entire thread you'll see we had members locked out of placement for 3 total matchmaking periods when we first pointed this out. That means the workaround is "after raids, have them join" which isn't a workaround. Just making sure the dev team knows this bug persists the whole raid week. Not just 1 war.
  • Options

@Man2th it ruined my ally season rewards last season(and many others), and it’s about to ruin even more. Canceling the season helps people now but where was this sentiment last season?

I’m sorry to hear that, truly. Its pretty clear the right thing to do now is prevent another season having the exact issues. Especially now that we know this is going to impact alliances finish and there is no solution with any timeline.

Pretty simple to me - CANCEL this season. I can’t even figure out a reasonable solution fir last season alliances being impacted.

Compensations are frowned on but this sure seems like a valid reason to step up and do the right thing by Kabam.
  • Options
    Winning AW rounds for a BUG that handicaps an opponent isn’t something to celebrate. I want to know we started 30 and the opposing alliance did as well.

Let the planners, players skills, strategy, and those infamous in round adjustments deliver a WIN or a LOSS. Either way it the result is because one alliance did all the things it takes to WIN with no excuses or factors outside of their control.

In this case - a BUG that cripples for multiple rounds. I’m not supporting to tell, joke, troll players you picked the wrong alliance - shouldn’t have left etc.
  • Options
    Yeah I’m not disagreeing that canceling seems accurate considering we are only a few wars in at this point. I was just saying that helps now but either way we get the short end of the stick if they just move on from last season. We dropped a whole masters bracket from top 10 to top 20 which is lame. If they would have just acknowledged the issue a month ago when I made the post and didn’t start a new season and tactic(zero excuse for this) then we wouldn’t be here. Did they think it would just fix itself? It almost makes it obvious they weren’t silently working behind the scenes and barely noticed or else you wouldn’t start up a new season without fixing the problem from the last one. @Man2th
  • Options
    JaaibothaJaaibotha Posts: 140
    So if an ally loses due to diversity points they/we are just supposed to take it on the chin and acknowledge that this is the state of this game. Yay!