Options

F2P Valiant Speedrun

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,647 ★★★★★
    Big congrats OP.

As someone who optimistically would have had fun doing this but will never have the time, how long do you spend each day on this?
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114
    What masteries do you prioritize when you do these speedruns?
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 359 ★★
    Cantona59 said:

But, 7.3 gave me a reward bigger than anything in completion. Thronebreaker! I had been grabbing tech t5cc wherever possible and this formed the catalyst, letting me take guardian to r3. v=05hMjy7kKXk

Congrats
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 54
    @Cantona59 how much time are you spending per day on this?
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 671 ★★★
    Seeing a 1* Steve go through act 7 & most likely act 8, one of the coolest mcoc things I've ever seen. So glad this thread/accomplishment is getting the attention it deserves. @Cantona59 thanks for do this. It's really awesome to be along for the quest...
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,127 ★★★★
    Blown away by your skills. Love these updates too!
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,073 ★★★
    edited April 18
    Hey Cantona,
    How important would you consider a good Sidequest or Special Deals for your speedruns?

Do you consider giving Up / start over a run when you keep pulling **** Champions?
    So no magneto but rhino, black Bolt, cyclops and so on. Or do you Take the Challenge?

Great Work so far. I am following your Accounts.
  • Options
    I found glykhan the easiest of the act 8 bosses, particularly once I realised (in my last run...) that you can block his specials in the final indestructible phase.

7* warlock, oddly, was my go to, although I think the damage scale from the 7* node, must be huge, as R3 warlock was doing substantially more damage, than R2 bishop, or 5/65 ascended champs. So you may need to focus on r2-ing a 7*.

What thoughts at the moment for the necropolis run??
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 186 ★★★

I found glykhan the easiest of the act 8 bosses, particularly once I realised (in my last run...) that you can block his specials in the final indestructible phase.

7* warlock, oddly, was my go to, although I think the damage scale from the 7* node, must be huge, as R3 warlock was doing substantially more damage, than R2 bishop, or 5/65 ascended champs. So you may need to focus on r2-ing a 7*.

I think my best option will be Chavez as she has good crit damage and big specials. I still have 50 ish revives and around 25 team revives so I’m gonna be fine but might eat a lot of resources.

In terms of the necro run so far I have no idea. Realistically I’m still hoping for one of the insane champs for it (Kate, Shuri, Wong, aegon etc), and I’m only gonna think about a different strategy when I’m coming towards the end of act 8 100%.
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

I think my best option will be Chavez as she has good crit damage and big specials. I still have 50 ish revives and around 25 team revives so I’m gonna be fine but might eat a lot of resources.

In terms of the necro run so far I have no idea. Realistically I’m still hoping for one of the insane champs for it (Kate, Shuri, Wong, aegon etc), and I’m only gonna think about a different strategy when I’m coming towards the end of act 8 100%.
    Great point; 100% act 8 gives a lot of chances for a great pull on 7*s, but also to R5 and ascend any 3 six stars and you may have enough revives and units to use almost anyone in necropolis by that point.

(One of my alliance mates used 5* aegon for his first run....👀 )

But actually with chee'lith, you may have a partial solution @BitterSteel has a bunch of awesome content with her marmalising necropolis content.
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 186 ★★★

Cantona59 said:

Great point; 100% act 8 gives a lot of chances for a great pull on 7*s, but also to R5 and ascend any 3 six stars and you may have enough revives and units to use almost anyone in necropolis by that point.

(One of my alliance mates used 5* aegon for his first run....👀 )

But actually with chee'lith, you may have a partial solution @BitterSteel has a bunch of awesome content with her marmalising necropolis content.
    Interesting
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll check those vids out.