Options

Units required for Omega event

I’ve worked through the milestones and the unit cost of the crystals to come up with how many milestones you can achieve in both Alpha and Omega, assuming you only buy the better (300 unit) crystals, and spend all units earned in the Omega track on crystals, given a particular level of spend including zero (F2P).

This presumes most spenders will be targeting milestones in the Omega track and not the Alpha track specifically, although if you want to figure out how many units it will take to reach a particular Alpha milestones it is not hard to interpolate. At zero units spent out of pocket (but spending the units in Omega milestones a player can reach 78 points in Alpha and 44 in Omega. It takes 36900 units to completely max out Omega. (Note: 185 points is the maximum in the Alpha track).

The reason why the units jump around is because it takes a certain number of crystals to reach the next milestone, and sometimes you have help (units or crystals in intervening milestones) and sometimes you don’t and have to spend more to get all the points necessary to reach the next milestone.

Comments

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,298 ★★★★

Does this account for the free crystals in the milestones?

Presuably yes, since the 0 unit spend has what Milestone we can reach.

But is the Net Unit how much we spend out of pocket, or is the free units already subtracted for it? It seems like there is 9600 free units in the Omega Milestones at least.

For me, I would probably go to the 100 point milestone and hopefully get Quicksilver and then stop. Otherwise, might push onto 200. I think 400 points might be too rich for my blood even though I do like QS.
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 219 ★★
    Heard a rumor that paragon+ can collect from both tracks? Is that true
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 166
    Paragon+gets access to the alpha and omega tracks granting more free omega crystals which results in more points.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,124 ★★★★★

Heard a rumor that paragon+ can collect from both tracks? Is that true

Yes
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,714 Guardian
    altavista said:

Does this account for the free crystals in the milestones?

Presuably yes, since the 0 unit spend has what Milestone we can reach.

But is the Net Unit how much we spend out of pocket, or is the free units already subtracted for it? It seems like there is 9600 free units in the Omega Milestones at least.

For me, I would probably go to the 100 point milestone and hopefully get Quicksilver and then stop. Otherwise, might push onto 200. I think 400 points might be too rich for my blood even though I do like QS.
    I describe it as out of pocket, which for clarity means I assume the players burns all the units from Omega on crystals, but that is not counted as a unit cost.

Or to put it another way, that’s how many units you should be down by, after counting all you spent and all you got back. If you started with exactly 36900 units, you’d have exactly zero after reaching the final milestone.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,720 Guardian
    Cvlr said:

Kabam just found a way to counter inflation (for themselves)

Probably counter all the units whales get from the Deadpool event tomorrow since the Deadpool event typically gives units, but doesn't cost units anywhere.
  • Options
    SkalamenkoSkalamenko Posts: 35
    Why does my calculation show so much more (~10k ) units spent to get the 7 Star omega and not 5700, or am i just bad at math lol.
  • Options

Why does my calculation show so much more (~10k ) units spent to get the 7 Star omega and not 5700, or am i just bad at math lol.

Did you start with 44 Omega points and 78 Alpha points for free? That might be it there. The Cavs you get for free from the Delta mission count points towards alpha, but then the Alpha milestones have Omega paragon crystals that will count points towards Omega milestones. And then Omega milestones contain units, which you can use to get crystals without spending out of pocket. This increases the amount of stuff you can get for free, and it means when you’re buying crystals you sometimes get more points that you think, because opening those crystals will cause you to reach a milestone in one of the tracks that earns more crystals.

Incidentally: my calculations presume you can buy paragon or valiant crystals. If those are progression locked, since Cavs don’t score points in the Omega event you’ll be capped out in Omega and it will take more units to climb Alpha alone and using the less efficient crystals.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 797 ★★★
    Good Luck to those spending units on this event.
  • Options
    SkalamenkoSkalamenko Posts: 35
    DNA3000 said:

Did you start with 44 Omega points and 78 Alpha points for free? That might be it there. The Cavs you get for free from the Delta mission count points towards alpha, but then the Alpha milestones have Omega paragon crystals that will count points towards Omega milestones. And then Omega milestones contain units, which you can use to get crystals without spending out of pocket. This increases the amount of stuff you can get for free, and it means when you’re buying crystals you sometimes get more points that you think, because opening those crystals will cause you to reach a milestone in one of the tracks that earns more crystals.

Incidentally: my calculations presume you can buy paragon or valiant crystals. If those are progression locked, since Cavs don’t score points in the Omega event you’ll be capped out in Omega and it will take more units to climb Alpha alone and using the less efficient crystals.
    Yeah, im paragon, a new one, and wondering if spending around 3-4k units is worth it for the 7 star crystal.
    Thanks for clarifying, i think i got it, but we will know for sure when the event drops.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,849 ★★★★★
    I have a main and four Uncollected progression alts. Will there be time to play in more than one account to get max rewards?
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 356 ★★★
    No one seems to have an actual figure that agrees with someone else. I make it: 38,100

The 34 points don't count towards the Premium track and you also get to claim from both tracks so you need to add the omega crystals given there (14). Makes a total of 41 crystals in the tracks so 159 to buy, costing 47,700 units (38,100 net after claims)

Anyone else get the same?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,068 ★★★
    edited April 26

No one seems to have an actual figure that agrees with someone else. I make it: 38,100

The 34 points don't count towards the Premium track and you also get to claim from both tracks so you need to add the omega crystals given there (14). Makes a total of 41 crystals in the tracks so 159 to buy, costing 47,700 units (38,100 net after claims)

Anyone else get the same?

Nah, I got 36,900 like DNA. How I got there was a bit unorthodox, but the numbers came out right.

EDIT:

14 Paragon crystals from Alpha Route and 31 Valiant crystals from Omega Charge = 45 crystals (which count for 2 pts each)

9600 units from milestones (we're assuming here that one's going all the way) = 32 more purchased crystals

77 crystals total.
    200 openings needed - 77= 123 openings left
    123 x 300= 36,900 units needed
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 356 ★★★
    Perfect, yes that checks out. I was missing some of the Valiants in the 2nd track. With those its the same so at least now I know I can buy 355 crystals from the start and im good.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,869 ★★★★★

Perfect, yes that checks out. I was missing some of the Valiants in the 2nd track. With those its the same so at least now I know I can buy 355 crystals from the start and im good.

Wait what?.. u need 200 total why 355?
  • Options

I have a main and four Uncollected progression alts. Will there be time to play in more than one account to get max rewards?

I think so. The delta event awards one Cav per ten points, and you get one point per fight, five points if you use one of the special champs (Mole Man, Quicksilver, Longshot, Corvus Glaive, Omega Red, or Omega Sentinel). If you use those champs it will take
    68 total fights to get the maximum 34 Cav crystals. 68x5=340 fights across five accounts in a week is not a crazy amount of effort. Depending on the specific details of the event (if any) you might even be able to auto fight those fights.