Options

Wheres the communication!? I lost 180K poolies!!

Comments

• Options
    Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 160
    For me at least I completed the daily objective the first day but did not claim the rewards cause I wanted to save iso for ranking up champions. I think a good idea for future events like this is to put items like gold that do not expire to avoid this type of confusion and put the iso instead in the solo event milestones . Just to be clear I am not screaming for extra poolies , I am just sharing my experience and giving my criticism for future events like this .
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,175 ★★★★★
    Mhd20034 said:

For me at least I completed the daily objective the first day but did not claim the rewards cause I wanted to save iso for ranking up champions. I think a good idea for future events like this is to put items like gold that do not expire to avoid this type of confusion and put the iso instead in the solo event milestones . Just to be clear I am not screaming for extra poolies , I am just sharing my experience and giving my criticism for future events like this .

There’s so place for that here… just judgement and ridicule that you couldn’t read and understand toddler simple instructions… lol
    You’re in the same position a lot of people are in sadly 🤷🏾‍♂️
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,265 ★★★★

Hey gang,

I'm sorry to see some Summoners managed missed out on dailies. While we can see how there might have been some confusion if Summoners didn't read their in-game messages, we do believe that the information is there and that Summoners were equipped with the information needed to successfully complete these objectives and get their Poolies.

The In-game message mentions how these are daily objectives and how you'll need to log in every day to maximize your rewards. Additionally, the Special Daily objectives tab is in the same line as Daily Objectives and behave the same way - daily objectives don't stack. The timer, while maybe confusing if you haven't been playing this game for long, is in line with other timers. That is how long you have to complete that objective before it expires. It has nothing to do with when new Objectives are added, or any indication that they would stack. Daily Objectives need to be completed daily.

Lastly, we know that Daily objectives ask you to log in daily and complete content to get their rewards, but that is the point of them. They are an incentive to come back daily and play. If you like the rewards for something and want to collect them, you need to be ready to fulfill the criteria that have been set to collect the rewards. These are not meant to just be handed to Players. There were also Poolies that were just given away, including in the Login Calendar, in-game message, and the Summoner's Market free gift.

Why not just make it a 24h timer that refreshes every day? That way it's clear that it's daily but also it's not lost because it just refreshes. Might confuse some players but in the end the negative outcome will be far less than now.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,787 ★★★★★

Hey gang,

I'm sorry to see some Summoners managed missed out on dailies. While we can see how there might have been some confusion if Summoners didn't read their in-game messages, we do believe that the information is there and that Summoners were equipped with the information needed to successfully complete these objectives and get their Poolies.

The In-game message mentions how these are daily objectives and how you'll need to log in every day to maximize your rewards. Additionally, the Special Daily objectives tab is in the same line as Daily Objectives and behave the same way - daily objectives don't stack. The timer, while maybe confusing if you haven't been playing this game for long, is in line with other timers. That is how long you have to complete that objective before it expires. It has nothing to do with when new Objectives are added, or any indication that they would stack. Daily Objectives need to be completed daily.

Lastly, we know that Daily objectives ask you to log in daily and complete content to get their rewards, but that is the point of them. They are an incentive to come back daily and play. If you like the rewards for something and want to collect them, you need to be ready to fulfill the criteria that have been set to collect the rewards. These are not meant to just be handed to Players. There were also Poolies that were just given away, including in the Login Calendar, in-game message, and the Summoner's Market free gift.

Why not just make it a 24h timer that refreshes every day? That way it's clear that it's daily but also it's not lost because it just refreshes. Might confuse some players but in the end the negative outcome will be far less than now.
    It makes more issues of people trying to stack them its why people dont claim also daily objectives will never work this way as they trying to award people for actually playing daily and actually claim the rewards
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,780 ★★★★★
    Mhd20034 said:

It's just ISO man, just claim whatever colour you like if you're so confused on.

ISO doesn't need that much of thought process, it's not T6 CC selector or something
  • Options
    101101 Posts: 1
    "The In-game message mentions how these are daily objectives and how you'll need to log in every day to maximize your rewards. Additionally, the Special Daily objectives tab is in the same line as Daily Objectives and behave the same way - daily objectives don't stack. The timer, while maybe confusing if you haven't been playing this game for long, is in line with other timers. That is how long you have to complete that objective before it expires. It has nothing to do with when new Objectives are added, or any indication that they would stack. Daily Objectives need to be completed daily.

Lastly, we know that Daily objectives ask you to log in daily and complete content to get their rewards, but that is the point of them. They are an incentive to come back daily and play. If you like the rewards for something and want to collect them, you need to be ready to fulfill the criteria that have been set to collect the rewards. These are not meant to just be handed to Players."

Yes players understood you had to do them daily, and play daily and log in daily etc but it wasnt mentioned anywhere that u had to claim them everyday as well. There have been events where objectives got added while previous ones had to be claimed. That combined with no clear message about needing to claim them right away and a one week timer it is understandable that some players didnt claim it right away. Imo it is rather harsh to punish players for over 20% of the rewards while they have done 99,9% and intended to to 100% but didnt because of unfortunate wording and timers. If the players completed the objectives but didnt claim it imo it suggests that the player believed claiming it wasnt required the same day, which isnt mentioned anywhere tbf, and is not caused by a lack of dedication and therefore shouldnt be punished so harshly imo. Not putting the blame on any one party just saying it is reasonable to say that it could have been a honest mistake made by even the most dedicated players. U agree that there could have been confusion, so i would kindly request you guys consider helping the players that made a minor mistake with big consequences that could be relatively easily solved imo by for example adding just one single grace day to make it possible to reach that final milestone. It wouldnt be something new or gamebreaking to add a graceday and i see no down sides of such a solution imho and would only help people and be a nice gesture from kabam.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

To Moody Mike and the rest of the team. I seen the timer on the quest and like most of you assumed I had that time to pick up the rewards. I assumed that the new daily quests would stack up and I would be able to pick up at my leisure in that time frame. I completed the quests picked up 1 seen it was tier 6 iso and said to myself “well I’m going to wait and see which champs I get between now and the end of the event to rank up.”

Guess you assumed wrong then hehe

Again, It's just ISO, just pick it up, no need to calculate the possibility of which will be PERFECT 10/10.
    It's not T6CC selector or something, just ISO, just claim it
    Honestly peoples concern is iso than an event even though iso has a month even then there be events to get more iso anyway
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,479 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Before claiming as u see nowhere does it say a time limit for next set of objectives

After i finished the set of objective the timer shows hope people understand how the daily stuff works now

This here is a design flaw. Something that can be very easily fixed. It’s very easy to blame the summoners for being lazy/not careful but it can be easily fixed by a slight design adjustment from the developers. Just have a 24hr timer for objectives which refresh daily and which do not stack.
    This is the best solution.

If the existence of these objectives prevents you gaining new objectives, then there is zero benefit to them lasting>24 hours.

And there's the significant disadvantage that (as comments in this thread prove) people won't recognise the risk of missing out because they presume they can stockpile objectives and smash through in a burst at the end.
  • Options
    edited April 30

Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Before claiming as u see nowhere does it say a time limit for next set of objectives

After i finished the set of objective the timer shows hope people understand how the daily stuff works now

This here is a design flaw. Something that can be very easily fixed. It’s very easy to blame the summoners for being lazy/not careful but it can be easily fixed by a slight design adjustment from the developers. Just have a 24hr timer for objectives which refresh daily and which do not stack.

If the existence of these objectives prevents you gaining new objectives, then there is zero benefit to them lasting>24 hours.

And there's the significant disadvantage that (as comments in this thread prove) people won't recognise the risk of missing out because they presume they can stockpile objectives and smash through in a burst at the end.
    Them not lasting 24 hours is because its a daily objective its under the tab special daily u play it and claim it daily no point arguing more of this because people cant do one simple thing of claiming it for it to be the next day to have more i dont get how people still dont understand this
  • Options
    ra_wr said:

Bendy said:

Hey gang,

It makes more issues of people trying to stack them its why people dont claim also daily objectives will never work this way as they trying to award people for actually playing daily and actually claim the rewards
    how does objectives expiring in 24 hours.. make more issues on having them last more than 24 hours???

your comment is based on bigotry. the 24 hour timer creates more FOMO AND alleviates the confusion players like me had.

The timers on special daily is that of just the event really u look at the tab of oh special daily i should do it daily not look at a timer that is for the event that is ur problem of looking at a irrelevant timer
  • Options
    ra_wr said:

Bendy said:

Hey gang,

how does objectives expiring in 24 hours.. make more issues on having them last more than 24 hours???

your comment is based on bigotry. the 24 hour timer creates more FOMO AND alleviates the confusion players like me had.

Just so u know for next time if event objects are under special daily just do them daily that is it they wont change how they work as there supposed to be done and claimed daily
  • Options
    ra_wrra_wr Posts: 57
    Bendy said:

ra_wr said:

Bendy said:

Hey gang,

The timers on special daily is that of just the event really u look at the tab of oh special daily i should do it daily not look at a timer that is for the event that is ur problem of looking at a irrelevant timer
    please tell me, what timer was there that said 24 hours prior to me completing any objective??

you are also implying i am dumb by confusing myself with a 7 day timer. anyone could do this. you arent above us.

• Options
    ra_wr said:

Bendy said:

ra_wr said:

Bendy said:

Hey gang,

please tell me, what timer was there that said 24 hours prior to me completing any objective??

you are also implying i am dumb by confusing myself with a 7 day timer. anyone could do this. you arent above us.

Where its under the special daily means u have to do it daily
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 212 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

Every time I come to check on this thread I feel like someone is slamming me over the head with a frying pan

More of a lead pipe head trauma feeling for me. To each their own.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Them not lasting 24 hours is because its a daily objective its under the tab special daily u play it and claim it daily no point arguing more of this because people cant do one simple thing of claiming it for it to be the next day to have more i dont get how people still dont understand this
    Daily literally means 24hrs. What is your objection for the suggestion to make timer in line with the stated intent? You are doing it and claiming it daily. Now the others can do it too. Are you against it because you dont want others to get the same rewards?
  • Options
    edited April 30
    Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Daily literally means 24hrs. What is your objection for the suggestion to make timer in line with the stated intent? You are doing it and claiming it daily. Now the others can do it too. Are you against it because you dont want others to get the same rewards?
    No but its under the daily tab why does there need to be a timer when the tab means exactly what kabam has said of login daily and playing the game and claiming rewards, i dont even know why this argument is still going as if its under any daily tab it should be done the same day its live and it wont change simple as
  • Options
    rivetrivet Posts: 255
    How does anyone know when is the daily objective starts and ends when the timer is like a week. How do you know you have 1 hour left or 23 hours left. Anyway, a good game design should be self explanatory without needing to read long in game mail and pay attention to every sentence, just like who reads manuals or those terms and conditions
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

No but its under the daily tab why does there need to be a timer when the tab means exactly what kabam has said of login daily and playing the game and claiming rewards, i dont even know why this argument is still going as if its under any daily tab it should be done the same day its live and it wont change simple as
    I am not averse to your idea as well. Just get rid of the timer altogether. If there is no 7 day timer on a daily objective, no one can claim to be confused.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Deacon said:

i honestly see zero wrong with Kabam in this particular case. Considering the history of the game lately and how events have operated ... PLUS reading ... people should know how to complete these things and at worse know to seek information if confused.

Reading is not a strong point of 98% of forum users unfortunately.

They complain that it wasn't clear but to an overwhelming majority it was clear so who is the problem really with? Them or kabam? Like jeez man
    Then kabam clarifies and they still dont understand it
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Do battle ground objectives stack? Can you have more than 3 daily objectives? Can you have more than 3 weekly objectives. Certain things don’t stack
  • Options
    Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 106 ★★
    @Kabam Miike you say this is just like other daily objectives but you only get one of the other daily objectives per day and they do stack. Maybe you can’t get more than 4 but you have 4 days to do 1 and with bg objectives you have 3 days to do 4. With these you have 1 day to do 4 and honestly it’s not even the objective i’m most mad about it’s that now i’m missing out on the last milestone for the solo event. If you wanted to do the objectives like this (which i still think is bad), fine, but you should only have the last milestone be 2400 points or something. I just don’t understand why you want to do this to your players. We’re stretched thin as it is now your taking away a whole r3 because some of us only missed ONE daily objective.. It just feels absolutely terrible and feels like a game that’s not fun and something i don’t want to play.
  • Options
    Smeagz23 said:

@Kabam Miike you say this is just like other daily objectives but you only get one of the other daily objectives per day and they do stack. Maybe you can’t get more than 4 but you have 4 days to do 1 and with bg objectives you have 3 days to do 4. With these you have 1 day to do 4 and honestly it’s not even the objective i’m most mad about it’s that now i’m missing out on the last milestone for the solo event. If you wanted to do the objectives like this (which i still think is bad), fine, but you should only have the last milestone be 2400 points or something. I just don’t understand why you want to do this to your players. We’re stretched thin as it is now your taking away a whole r3 because some of us only missed ONE daily objective.. It just feels absolutely terrible and feels like a game that’s not fun and something i don’t want to play.

Because there trying to award people for playing the game daily
This discussion has been closed.