Options

F2P Valiant Speedrun

Comments

• Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 253 ★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,128 ★★★★
    Absolutely bonkers. Well done @Cantona59 ! Your necropolis gameplay was an eye opening display of skill to cap off the 21 days of effort.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,183 ★★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

I'm glad I got Valiant before him 🤣🤣🤣🤣 bro really violated as by saying move your lazy lousy Unskilled ass😂😂

Solid work mate. One of the best thing I ever saw in mcoc history yet. Keep it up. Hope you will bring more content like this. Congratulations .

Oh I plan to do more things like this. When I new progression title drops (and is reasonably achievable) I’ll be doing this again. But in the mean time there’s a few other challenges I’ve got in mind (eg : Cavalier in 24 hours)
    Solid mate. I will wait for it.
    Btw I do have g299 as R3
  • Options
    HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 215 ★★
    Cantona59 said:

Day 21 Recap!
    Nameless Grandmaster has fallen! The Necropolis run went extremely well imo, especially cause I have never played Kate in long form content before.
    I ended up using 18 revives and 6 team revives, which equates to 1320 units if you was to buy them from scratch (I also used some potions, but honestly not many).

Before entering the Necropolis, I decided to take Doom up to r5, as he is very good for air walker and in general great for necro, slow but effective. I also hopped into lower level eq to get a 500 unit deal with 5 30% champion boosts to help a ton.

Team : Kate, Chavez, Crossbones, Doom (Lord and Saviour), Prof X (final 1%)

I decided to take the Titania into Guardian lanes, and there was only some minimal issues tbh.

Titania - Kate, took her down to 5% first try, could have soloed but didn’t want to be spam restarting live on stream. Crossbones finished

Vision arkus - this threw me a bit because my plan with doom didn’t work, I ended up having to essentially team revive through it, but it only cost me 2 team revives as everyone was doing decent chunks

Omega Sentinel - Kate took her down to around 25%, but then the phase 3 necro boon node got me, went back in with doom a couple times and he finished the job

Air walker - 15 mins of doom cycling, thankfully the skip button on sp3 exists for otherwise this would have took close to an hour. Took 2 shots with doom to get him down

Captain Britain - Messed up a couple times here, didn’t know tranquilize turned off the node but a helpful person in the stream informed me. After that it was 2 shots to get her down

Wiccan - Now this, this was scary. My plan for Wiccan was to use Kate like I had seen in guides I watched to prepare. But what I didn’t prepare for was the fact they all used despair, and I didn’t have it. Wiccans heal went crazy, and I had no idea what to do because Kate just couldn’t do it. I tried out doom, and turns out he works very well because with doom cycle they basically don’t throw specials, so he can’t heal. Doom the Saviour, otherwise the run would have been in trouble.

Psycho man - took a couple attempts with Kate, the necro boon is actually really annoying for this fight as you need to do weird rotations and sometimes throw specials into concussions to not take damage.

Guardian - this guy was a slog, but I expected it. Kates coldsnap is massively reduced due to his energy resistance, but it still ticks for around 6k when ramped up. Took me 2 team revives to get him down, but it was frustratingly slow

Valkyrie - very annoying fight, when the root comes around you’re essentially dead because the block damage is insane. I used Kate, but decided not to ramp up and just use normal coldsnap to get the damage going quickly, and then sp3 to try and increase them. It took a couple revives, but wasn’t too horrible, just mechanically tricky.

Red Guardian - this should have been a solo, but he caught me with unblockable sp1 when rooted. Kates coldsnap tick so hard here, and I got him down to 30% in one go then went back in and finished him

Sam Wilson - another pretty simple Kate fight, only took 2 revives and one was because I took an sp2 fully into block on accident. I was getting pretty comfortable with Kate at this point

Dragon man - I thought this fight would be harder than it turned out to be, only took 1 revive, and he was good with throwing specials so no sp3 from power gain. Block damage eventually chipped me down

Cap Infinity War - Finally a Kate solo! Granted he is one of the easiest bosses but I had a lot of health and charges left here, it wasn’t even close

Nova - a bit annoying, but not too bad because of the mystics on my team. I used 1 team revive, and he went down relatively easily, only throwing 1 sp3 from his power gain on dashes

So it was time for the Grandmaster! The stream absolutely peaked at this point, hitting close to 30 viewers so the pressure was on 😅. Thankfully it went really well, crossbones took him down to 31% in one go (ignoring me getting clapped with Chavez because I forgot about the 4th banned thing in phase 1), and then the rest of the team smashed in to take him to 1%. It took me 1 team revive to take him down to 1%, and then r2 professor X finished him off very easily because of the immunity. The Necropolis was over!

So it was rewards time! I started with the 2-3 gem again incase, and glad I did because it was tech and I didn’t have a single tech champ. I took 2 tech crystals from the 7 star class selectors, and got lady deathstrike and guilly 99. Not great, but guilly has my heart because I used her a lot for necropolis 100% on my main account at r1. So guilly was going up.

I had to clear out my poolies to sell iso for gold to get her up, but we got it over the line and got the r3 lvl 45 Guilly 99, taking me to Valiant. I restarted the game and there it was, the title and Ingame mail. Challenge over!

I’m going to post a separate comment later about my thoughts on the challenge, what I would do differently, account mvps etc, and even say what I think could be changed to help actual new players progress.

Dude, that is insane data
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★
    This man is a legend!
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,262 ★★★★
    Kate handles that Air walker fights much better. I solo'd it every time with her. I didn't check this thread every day so I'm too late with my advise, sorry!
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★

Kate handles that Air walker fights much better. I solo'd it every time with her. I didn't check this thread every day so I'm too late with my advise, sorry!

Yup AW is an easy fight with Kate. Doom works but I’d rather not use him there
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 191 ★★★

Yeah somebody told me in stream that Kate is better for air walker but sadly I had already started with Doom 🙃. It was ok though, just a bit of a longer fight no real resource loss.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 681 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Official recap and final post coming tomorrow, but it is done 😁

Congrats!!!
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 121
    Congrats, that's actually insane to pull off in this amount of time and limited champions. Now, don't go chatting on global with this account, when the trolls spot a 450k rating valiant ... reports galore 😂😂😂
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,183 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I used max Ascended doom and it was fairly good fight. easily solo'ed him. I was spaming sp3 back to back
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★
    Should get a special title for something like this!
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,627 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I used max Ascended doom and it was fairly good fight. easily solo'ed him. I was spaming sp3 back to back
    Yeah doom is really really safe for the fight
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,194 ★★★★

Trek26 said:

Should get a special title for something like this!

I second this! @Kabam Miike Give my boii a title!!!
    '21 day Valiant', make it a permanent thing which disappears after 21 days of starting an account, but let him be the first to have it.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,563 ★★★★
    Massive congratulations, I'll be going over your videos with great interest because I'm yet to figure out how to use Kate or Chavez
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    You mentioned you're likely going to be doing battleground streams after the challenge. You're super skilled so maybe also consider doing something to showcase champs you feel are good and why. Feel there is a lot to be learned.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,764 ★★★★★
    edited May 2
    Well %$&*%^& done!

Apart from the whole "making the rest of us look like scrubs" thing haha
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 565 ★★★
    Congratulations!! What an achievement. Not going to lie, when you started this I was skeptical if you would be able to achieve it. Very impressed that you knocked this out of the park and has been fun to follow along this journey.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 391 ★★
    Wow man! You did such an amazing job!!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This was an amazing post to follow. Congrats @Cantona59 on your achievement.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,078 ★★★★
    edited May 3
    Huge congratulations man. I’ve been my own new account since you & Lagacy have been doing one and it gave me a newfound appreciation for your speedrun. It already looks impressive on paper, then when I actually tried it myself, it’s still harder than I thought it was. Amazing job man.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 668 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Deder80 said:

@Cantona59 i finally got to variant. Thanks for the encouragement and help fuel the fire to get here.

Wow nice work man!
    Who did you rank up 👀
    I already had gambit at r3. Then Chavez was my valiant token. Then went iron heart.