**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Spring of Sorrow week 1 options

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,139 ★★★★★
    Oh well, I was thinking to rank up my r1 untouched Jessica anyway
    AtzeKrank said:

DawsMan said:

Dharak said:

I swear i am so sick of KABAM screwing up every single time they make a new event just like the winter of woe absorbing man fiasco & know the iron fist burst damage ****! because of this unreasonable node i wasted a lot of revives just to get a win i want compensation for this screw up.

Anybody complaining about this fight needs to stop. Winter of woe summer of pain and spring of sorrow have all been marketed as *challenging* endgame content. It’s not meant to be easy, and not everyone can do it.

Like I said, I had to rank up champions to get the objectives done. But that’s who this content is for, people who want a challenge with good rewards. Countless people have soloed this fight with all types of champions.

You have 2 weeks in which you can practice the fight, grind arena for units for revives, or focus on ranking or acquiring champions that would help you. Absolutely nothing wrong with this event.
    This "get gud" mentality from some has to stop. Last WoE Abs Man was way over the place because of annoying node and champ combinations. After that, nearly every champ was doable. Aegon, Hulking, Nebula and so on. Fun, interactive and you had to plan your fight.

Now with SoS we're kinda starting again with some weird node combinations. Its litterly root+root+dont hit too much. Why cant they come up with some hard and fun fights? IMO the most annoying node its pressure gauge, if they wanna push their root (which feels like is all over the place. Just waiting for it to come to BG).
    When get rooted just use special, if no special then hold block, AI will try to hit twice then heavy, dex it, hit your own punch then block again, AI will hit twice on block again, giving you enough power to use special.
    Keep repeating.

I used captain America relic for more block resistance for Torch and Jessica (took her from r1 to r4)
    For wong, I used staight sp3 to get 3 charges then few sp1 and then sp2 spam.

Very straightforward when you get the hang of it.

• Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 121
    Its more the pressure Gauge node which is more annoying then the root (this time).
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,232 ★★★★★
    AtzeKrank said:

DawsMan said:

Dharak said:

I swear i am so sick of KABAM screwing up every single time they make a new event just like the winter of woe absorbing man fiasco & know the iron fist burst damage ****! because of this unreasonable node i wasted a lot of revives just to get a win i want compensation for this screw up.

Anybody complaining about this fight needs to stop. Winter of woe summer of pain and spring of sorrow have all been marketed as *challenging* endgame content. It’s not meant to be easy, and not everyone can do it.

Like I said, I had to rank up champions to get the objectives done. But that’s who this content is for, people who want a challenge with good rewards. Countless people have soloed this fight with all types of champions.

You have 2 weeks in which you can practice the fight, grind arena for units for revives, or focus on ranking or acquiring champions that would help you. Absolutely nothing wrong with this event.
    This "get gud" mentality from some has to stop. Last WoE Abs Man was way over the place because of annoying node and champ combinations. After that, nearly every champ was doable. Aegon, Hulking, Nebula and so on. Fun, interactive and you had to plan your fight.

Now with SoS we're kinda starting again with some weird node combinations. Its litterly root+root+dont hit too much. Why cant they come up with some hard and fun fights? IMO the most annoying node its pressure gauge, if they wanna push their root (which feels like is all over the place. Just waiting for it to come to BG).
    I would have agreed but this fight is easy . Or I would say it's easiest after Aegon and Dani.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    Great fight. 7r1 Gwen with 2 revives. KM with 5 - his damage isn't as good and sometimes his heavy is dodged after the first hit.

Skipping FF I don't have anyone for it. No HT and a 6r3 Mr F looks like a waste of revives.
  • Options
    RoggamRoggam Posts: 83
    10 tries for an HT solo - abs man took me 20 tries and 20 revives
    This design has a winning strategy and no regen or brute force - different ball parks guys
  • Options
    edited May 17
    Perfectly stated @Rayven5220
  • Options
    HaverTimeHaverTime Posts: 13

Great fight. 7r1 Gwen with 2 revives. KM with 5 - his damage isn't as good and sometimes his heavy is dodged after the first hit.

Skipping FF I don't have anyone for it. No HT and a 6r3 Mr F looks like a waste of revives.

Does KM need duped? Or did you use a 7* R1?
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 121

AtzeKrank said:

DawsMan said:

Dharak said:

You're gonna compare this to absman? Not even close.
    The only thing that even makes this fight a pain is the pressure Guage node. That's it.

Absman was fight wS harder by a landslide, and it's not even close.

I'm by no means saying this fight is easy, because it's not with everything going on but it's not meant to be.
    This is literally end game content.
    Not content meant for everybody.
    I didnt meant to say that this is compareble to Abs Man. Im talking about the its again the first fight which looks just stupid with its nodes (pressure gauge).

"This is literally end game content.
    Not content meant for everybody."

Just an easy excuse for bad node design, IMO.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,374 ★★★★
    edited May 17
    HaverTime said:

Killmonger is doing decently for me now but mine is r3 tbf lol
    Edit: done in 2 revs

Can it be done with him unawakended? Or does he need his Sig for it?
    Late reply but no, dupe doesn’t matter at all
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 593 ★★★
    Wong and Torch
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★
    AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

DawsMan said:

Dharak said:

You're gonna compare this to absman? Not even close.
    The only thing that even makes this fight a pain is the pressure Guage node. That's it.

Absman was fight wS harder by a landslide, and it's not even close.

I'm by no means saying this fight is easy, because it's not with everything going on but it's not meant to be.
    This is literally end game content.
    Not content meant for everybody.
    I didnt meant to say that this is compareble to Abs Man. Im talking about the its again the first fight which looks just stupid with its nodes (pressure gauge).

"This is literally end game content.
    Not content meant for everybody."

Just an easy excuse for bad node design, IMO.
    The node forces you to pay attention to what you're doing, not just blindly smash your way through it.

Gods forbid they make a fight skill based, rather than just making it so you can smash through it.

Do I like the node? Not a chance.
    Do I like the fact they actually made it a challenging fight? Hell yes I do.

After absman everything seemed so damn toned down it was crazy.
    The worst fight was literally Dani and that's only because nobody knew how to dex her sp2 before that fight.

It's about time they upped the challenge, imo.
  • Options
    It’s perfect node design - they are all intertwined and the only unavoidable damage is any basic blocks you take prior to special
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    edited May 17
    So what’s the strayt? Just block and heavy counter? It’s so easy to trigger that burst damage that one taps u
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,232 ★★★★★
    People gonna hate me for this but I will still say

First of all come out of Herc mentality of destroying every fight with 1 or 2 champs and expecting easy time. Be creative.

WOW Abs man BS fight due his regen with limited counter to his unstoppable. That's why robot mission was given Grace point. And I agree it was actually bs fight for that challenge

After that other fights were easy and fun
    But when Gauntlet came many tried to use herc and still complaint when Ronan could have cheesed left side easily. Simple reason is that some people expect good rewards with Easy fights. I agree fights like Abs man was BS but after that it was fairly easy and fun as well. It challenged the roster depth and diversity including our skills.

Now to current IRON FIST fight. I have solo'ed him with HT which is of course easy counter. So I did solo sign Moon dragon as well which is less popular champ. She easily handles this fight.

People just cry and criticize before even getting into fight and give up before trying multiple attempts. This fight looks crazy on paper but when you play it entire node combination helps player to find opening and counter attack. Its just while reading the nodes its too much to grasp at same time. But that doesn't mean it's hard fight or something.

Change the approach, change the style. Try different champ. But don't cry even before trying.

And most importantly, this is kind of Everest content, not par with Necro but still a endgame content. Its not gonna be easy like act 8 or AQ map 4. Obviously it would be hard and challenging both our skill and roster.

Can't believe that I am saying this for 1 time seriously but gotta say after reading entire thread,

Please get gud
  • Options
    MystGMystG Posts: 40
    Simple Mantra That Got Me All Solos:

Watch the Pressure Gauge Count and keep it near 5;
    Reparry until he charges heavy, dex it, quick light whiff, heavy(or direct heavy if you're close enough)
    Block his specials (or dex one or two hits), use the special Root to heavy knockdown him right after;
    Hold Your Specials and throw when the 20-sec Root is active, avoid heavy knockdown when in that Root(if you have multi-hit heavy like torch has);
    Repeat for 2-4 minutes.

I used R2 Ham, R2 Wong, R4a Torch.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,552 ★★★★★
    MystG said:

Reparry until he charges heavy, dex it, quick light whiff, heavy(or direct heavy if you're close enough)
    Block his specials (or dex one or two hits), use the special Root to heavy knockdown him right after;
    Hold Your Specials and throw when the 20-sec Root is active, avoid heavy knockdown when in that Root(if you have multi-hit heavy like torch has);
    Repeat for 2-4 minutes.

Thank you. I'm already done for the event, but I was looking for something like this to explain the strategy. This would have been very helpful.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    OK I'm late to the tread since I was busy with necropolis. How does one deal with pressure gauge node?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,552 ★★★★★
    MystG said:

Repeat for 2-4 minutes.

@Nightheart He says it the best.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Soloed with r3 silk, and I am going to rank up HT and use NF for the other objectives
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 332 ★★
    Itemless solo with 6*R4 fully boosted iron fist and a 7*R2 wong
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    Unnatural fight, but easy with torch and caiw. Found silk to be tough tho.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    MystG said:

Repeat for 2-4 minutes.

Thanks @MystG this will help a lot
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,838 ★★★★★
    I found it to be a horrible fight.
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 442 ★★★
    I had good success with wong and got a solo, used a revive with human torch, but I’m really struggling with the size Small science.

The only size S science I’ve got that’s ranked is S2099 and I don’t really want to rank up Jessica or ham
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★
    Glassback said:

I had good success with wong and got a solo, used a revive with human torch, but I’m really struggling with the size Small science.

The only size S science I’ve got that’s ranked is S2099 and I don’t really want to rank up Jessica or ham

You should think about ranking then up, anyway. Ham and Jessica are both really strong, effective dual-use champions. Jessica at ten investigation has tremendous control over the fight.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★
    Glassback said:

I'm still trying to get the hang of it with wong or KM, haven't gotten a good groove yet.
    Torch I ended up spending a revive because I messed at the very end (IF had 5k health left) and got clipped.

No idea what I'm gonna do for the small science yet, don't have any great options ranked.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 241 ★★
    My trick for this fight: you *want* to be rooted! Root makes it easy to counter IF's heavy with your own! Just dex his heavy while rooted, and you're still in position for your own heavy counter since you haven't moved.

That eliminates his protection, and then you can do a ton of damage. I think i took 15% off him using IMIW with a rooted dex->heavy canceled into sp2.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 241 ★★
    For the same reason, this fight is also easier to do backed up against the wall!