**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kabam’s infringement of freedom of speech.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,885 Guardian
    Lol @Cboi69 get your civics brushed up. Only the government has to follow the Constitution, private companies can enforce their own rules on their platforms. You follow Kabam's rules.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    Interesting alias this child has...hiding in plain sight...
  • Options
    RohtagaRohtaga Posts: 51
    Cboi69 said:

Kabam this is an infringement of my rights as a player. You guys push an agenda to make money, make everyone homosexual or bisexual, whatever. And then you guys ban people who don’t agree with you? To an American like me, this just looks like you guys are facists and don’t want us to speak our minds because when we do then you don’t make money, get bad reviews, and users leave your game. Not only do you silence those who speak out against your agenda. But you go into chats telling everyone that I’ve been banned, making them ridicule me even more.

And this is why a civics test should be necessary to vote. “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech.” Here’s what you’re not getting.

Kabam taking a stance (the only morally defensible one btw) does not abridge anyone else’s right to free speech. Because Kabam does not bestow that right upon them. The whole notion of freedom of speech doesn’t mean you have free reign to spew hate filled nonsense. The text actually makes it’s purpose quite plain. The citizens have the right to express their dissatisfaction with their government, and congress will not make any law that diminishes that specific right, along with those enumerated by that amendment.

Now, I understand that basic human decency is a difficult skill to master. But I urge you to try. Because there’s only one way a company like Kabam could be stopped from “censoring” people, and that would be if doing so was made illegal. So let’s say that your interpretation of the first amendment was actually correct. Unfortunately for bigots like you, a number of legal precedents in this country have bestowed individual rights upon corporations. And Kabam’s “censorship” would actually be an extension of THEIR right to free speech. So, congress would have to make a law abridging the company’s freedom of speech, an action expressly forbidden by that amendment y’all love so much.

Which I guess is a long way of saying you might want to restart your education from kindergarten. Hopefully you’ll do better the second time around :)
  • Options
    JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 211 ★★
    Cboi69 said:

Cotzi said:

Cboi69 said:

Cotzi said:

Cboi69 said:

Hate towards any group or person is not tolerated by Kabam whatsoever, and I appreciate how Kabam tries to include everyone, whether that’s during Black History Month, Women’s History Month, or LGBTQ+ history month. It’s idiots like you that can’t handle seeing someone that is different in any way, and can’t help but voice your (incorrect) views on those people. Get better, and get a life.

You know this month is actually men’s mental health awareness month. I’ve never seen a kabam event celebrating men’s mental health. Or any event that even has to do with men.
    Ah yes, men. The most oppressed of all.
    So you’re saying that black men aren’t oppressed. Gay men. Short men. Men with physiological and emotional issues? Men who have fought for the freedom of speech? Oppression is not a competition. We should all be treated with the same lint of respect and courtesy as one another. And with that respect, we should be treated with as much as respect and dignity as Women have.
    Now you're just hacking at a strawman, june being both pride month and men's mental health awareness month does not cancel out the other. If kabam made events about men's mental health month in june instead of celebrating pride. You wouldn't be here using your recycled talking point.
    Why not include men’s mental health into this months event? Bruce banner tried killing himself, Wolverine struggles with his faith as a Christian, Spider-Man lives by himself with nobody to care for him, mental health is a huge concern in the marvel universe.
    If it's not bringing them revenue, they don't give two **** about it!
  • Options
    Cboi69 said:

OldManHop said:

I see some people have decided that they don't want to play this game anymore and wanna go out in a blaze of stupidity.

I want to keep on playing this game. I love Kabam, I love marvel. But according to you guys, speaking your own mind and thinking different than others is apparently an act of stupidity.
    Yeah, they don't like adversity! God forbid you have a difference of opinion!
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,271 ★★★★★
    JimmyB said:

Cboi69 said:

Cboi69 said:

Cboi69 said:

OldManHop said:

I see some people have decided that they don't want to play this game anymore and wanna go out in a blaze of stupidity.

I want to keep on playing this game. I love Kabam, I love marvel. But according to you guys, speaking your own mind and thinking different than others is apparently an act of stupidity.
    thinking different ≠ hating on others
    I have never in the discussion have hated on someone’s ideals. I brought in 3rd party views. I love the idea that humans have the right to speak what they want and not be hated for it
    Yes you have, you just believe the hate you spew isn't hate. That's the fundamental problem people like you have. It's too hard for you just say "I don't hate you, I just don't agree with your lifestyle". You have to spew nonsense like saying no one is born gay but their gay because it's a "left" ideology.

Nothing anyone in the LGBQTIA+ does hurts you. People are people my guy. The only people that should be condemned in life are murderers.
    I never said anything about being gay is a left ideology, sexuality has no ideology, I’m just saying is that the left side of the political spectrum make laws in accordance to sexuality that isn’t normal as it was 40-50 years ago. I think everyone should practice what they want and are entitled to freedom of expression, and freedom of speech.
    Why even reply to this punk? He doesn't know anything! He always trying to act smart, but cant even use the words accept/except correctly in a sentence!
    Dude stop defending as tbh i hope u also now get banned by monday after this nonsense
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 251 ★★★
    Please, just go play the game... or don't... but firing off insults here isn't going to get you anything but a perma-ban.
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

JimmyB said:

Cboi69 said:

OldManHop said:

Jimmy... May I call you Jimmy?

Jimmy,

Even if I agreed with you, this isn't the place to hold a klan rally.
    You're not entitled to be a jerk on a privately owned forum whose terms of service you agreed to.
    Enjoy your ban, Jim Jim.
    No clan rally here! Just staying facts
    OldManHop said:

JimmyB said:

Cboi69 said:

OldManHop said:

Jimmy... May I call you Jimmy?

Jimmy,

Even if I agreed with you, this isn't the place to hold a klan rally.
    You're not entitled to be a jerk on a privately owned forum whose terms of service you agreed to.
    Enjoy your ban, Jim Jim.
    Not doing a clan rally! And if you think me having my own opinion is being a jerk, then you're part of the problem. Ban me for speaking my mind and having my own opinion. It's just a public forum and no one has to agree with anything anyone says Boohoo to you since you're so offended!
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

JimmyB said:

It's just a public forum and no one has to agree with anything anyone says Boohoo to you since you're so offended!

It's literally not a public forum.
    It literally is for the people who play this game!
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

JimmyB said:

OldManHop said:

JimmyB said:

It's just a public forum and no one has to agree with anything anyone says Boohoo to you since you're so offended!

It's literally not a public forum.
    It literally is for the people who play this game!
    Read the terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up to play the game.
    I know what it says!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,442 ★★★★★

Freedom of speech does not mean hate speech, most people learn that basic common sense of human decency at a young age…

The saying is "Freedom of speech, not freedom of consequences".
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 251 ★★★

That's crossing a line.

My bad.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    I know what I'll be reading when I grind Arena in a while 💀
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Being human triggers so many neanderthals
  • Options
    JethuaJethua Posts: 75
    Kabam is a private company. Yes your rights still apply, but they both take on more responsibility and get the freedom to enforce rules around their company. This is true same thing as firing someone from a company for saying x. It can be brought to the government, but at the moment is a private matter and the company is allowed to make educated decisions. I have no idea what you said, but freedom of speech, capitalism, and government has a lot more nuisance than you give it credit for.
This discussion has been closed.