Spring of Sorrow week 3

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 935 ★★★★
    edited June 12
    I'm in the minority clearly but I absolutely hated this one. The AI seemed hell bent on waiting every time until the Reverse Controls timer was about to expire before throwing a special attack. Hope you all find more joy with it than I have.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I used Angela, Sauron and Black Cat.

While I liked the concept of the fight, I wasn't a fan of always having to keep an eye on the left side of the screen. 8 seconds between each switch is not a lot of time so you're constantly looking at the timer to see when the next switch happens. I did not find that particularly funny. I would have prefered either a longer timer or the switch being dependent on something other than a timer in the "wrong" corner.

I'm not sure how I would actually fix that without making the fight easier, though. My problem isn't really with the difficulty as such. I think it was a fair fight that doesn't need tuning down in any way.

Maybe just move the timer to Gwenpool instead? That way you could both concentrate on her and watch the timer.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited June 12

Owen519 said:

Cides or nah for this week? I plan on a run with valk, rogue, and kp/mephisto/angela

Go with Suicides. You are not going to get hit most of the time, and if you donget hit, you probably immediately die. But using suicides especially recoils this time would significantly reduce the fight duration.
    I think I’ll end up turning mine on as well. I gave it a try with 6r4 Blade and my 6r5 ascended KP. Obviously the damage difference was there, but I really felt like I wasn’t doing anything with Blade.

Might just suck it up and do the fight 3 times with KP, r2 Black Cat, and r3 Omega Red. At least OR and KP can benefit from the suicides.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    How were there so many people complaining and mad that they couldn't use Juggs, this fight was a piece of cake lmao.
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    Toad, moleman, Angela worked for me. I will agree I think reverse controls is a silly thing to have him game. I’m sure there are people who simply can’t do it.
  • Owen519Owen519 Member Posts: 10
    Angela wouldn’t need sigs for this fight right? I’m assuming not but that would determine 7* r1 or 6* r3
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,759 ★★★★★
    Owen519 said:

Angela wouldn’t need sigs for this fight right? I’m assuming not but that would determine 7* r1 or 6* r3

No as theres nothing u need her sig for as no dots no autoblock no nullify so a unduped will work
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,759 ★★★★★

How were there so many people complaining and mad that they couldn't use Juggs, this fight was a piece of cake lmao.

Who knows i guess they would rather make it easy and cheese than put skill to test
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,226 ★★★★★
    I have a 7* Sauron vs a 6* r3 toad. How is Sauron for this fight?
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    zuffy said:

Saw someone in a livestream & also on karate man's top 10 video saying sauron was good for that objective. Can't say from personal experience, I used toad. Toad wrecks gwen
  • Owen519Owen519 Member Posts: 10
    zuffy said:

toad is much better than sauron for the fight, the rank difference isn’t that big.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    For people who used back cat, what was your rotation?
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    Ok got it done.

Had a really hard time the first time I did it - just couldn’t get the rhythm down and the AI was being super annoying (first hit of SP1 when reverse controls was up/not, second hit when it was down/up). Used an embarrassing number of revives for that one (black cat). But then had two much better runs with Kingpin and Toad. I’m sure some of it was I just had the rhythm down for the fight finally, but also think the AI was being somewhat more reasonable. Probably 3-4 revives for each of those two.

@jdschw I really didn’t do very well on my Black Cat run as mentioned above. I was just building to her SP2 and then triggering it. Was having enough issues with the overall flow on that one that I wasn’t trying to do anything fancy.
    Bendy said:

Who knows i guess they would rather make it easy and cheese than put skill to test
    I guess so lmao I just don't get how anyone could struggle this much with this fight, I haven't played the game that much in three weeks and I soloed on second try with a not too good champ. If they expect fights to be easier than this one then this type of content is not for them, this is as easy as it really gets.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    jdschw said:

For people who used back cat, what was your rotation?

I tried to line up striker/heavy cancel, into sp2 w/ 3 or 4 prowess, but couldn't really get things to line up more than once or twice. Basically, as soon as I got sp2 fire. Not the most ideal, but it took me 2 revives
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

I guess so lmao I just don't get how anyone could struggle this much with this fight, I haven't played the game that much in three weeks and I soloed on second try with a not too good champ. If they expect fights to be easier than this one then this type of content is not for them, this is as easy as it really gets.
    I haven’t complained but my 2 cents.. reverse controls messes with me. Switching every 8 seconds really messes with me. Gonna take a lot more practice for me than it did learning to dex onslaught’s SP1. So in that context, it’s not easier than others for my part.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 237

Another reverse control boss. Idk why kabam thinks adding shifting controls is good by any means. Anyways who are the best options here?

Is actually not that hard and super fun , I used kingpin , bullseye and toad
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 237

Another week another fight plagued by dogwater AI. You better hope you have a perfect fight because if you get clipped by a sp1 by the shifting controls right as she launches, best believe she is going to just back off and block til you drop dead from instadeath.

I did solo with Kingpin, Sauron and Crossbones, but it was unnecessary the amount of times I had to reset because of passive AI or downright seizuring AI that will just flail rather than dash you and fight. Excuse me for thinking it was a fighting game.

The A.I. is pretty good right now very easy to bait specials no dumb intercepts and I got hit several times by the special 1 and she never held her block actually very aggressive A.I. in all my fights just keep an eye on the reversed controls and is a pretty normal fight all the way

Bendy said:

I haven’t complained but my 2 cents.. reverse controls messes with me. Switching every 8 seconds really messes with me. Gonna take a lot more practice for me than it did learning to dex onslaught’s SP1. So in that context, it’s not easier than others for my part.
    You just gotta keep an eye on the timer, I'm not that good with reversed controls either I used Juggs for all my Necro runs just because of reversed controls.
    I just don't agree with the people complaining that they can't use Juggs, this is supposed to be hard endgame content imagine how easy the fight would be with 7* Juggs. Where's the challenge there?
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 804 ★★★★
    This was the easiest fight ever. I went it with Blackcat, 2min solo on first try.
    Then Angela took me 3 tries for the solo. Then I went through a couple mutants until I settled on Sauron. All objectives took like 20minutes.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Kingpin r5a took me 4 revives.

Toad, having never used before, I took up to r3 and boosted. He solo'd the fight. He regens (somehow). All I read about him was that someone said r3 was enough and to spam sp1. I went in without studying his kit. He truly was great and easy. I just had to remember that on reverse controls to end with his m (whereas normally I do mlll on reverse controls). I'm sure I didn't do it optimally, but he was much better than my r2 Sauron. Spent 70 energy and got nowhere, but Toad solo'd on 3rd attempt.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    I was able to do this with Angela, Toad, and Moleman.

To all those folks out there reading these stories of first-try solos with bewilderment: don't get discouraged. I used up an energy refill just learning to deal with the reversed controls, never cracking 99% health on gwenpool. But after that practice, I rapidly got better, and i was quickly able to beat her with all 3 champs in rapid succession. Each one took me 2 revives.

Once you can train your hand to handle the reverse controls, the fight becomes very winnable. Even if it feels like broken glass while you train up.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,389 ★★★★★
    Sauron, Monkey and almost one shot with Iceman.

Initially, I found this fight to be a pain, but it actually wasn't that bad. Just need to get into a rhythm and keep your eye on the reverse timer.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,389 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

I was able to do this with Angela, Toad, and Moleman.

To all those folks out there reading these stories of first-try solos with bewilderment: don't get discouraged. I used up an energy refill just learning to deal with the reversed controls, never cracking 99% health on gwenpool. But after that practice, I rapidly got better, and i was quickly able to beat her with all 3 champs in rapid succession. Each one took me 2 revives.

Once you can train your hand to handle the reverse controls, the fight becomes very winnable. Even if it feels like broken glass while you train up.

This is my strategy for each fight. Use a full energy refill to just get used to the fight before making a real attempt. I'm never one to try to finish right out the gates.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Got a solo for each objective ... SaurGod, Angela and the wonderful wonderful Cat ... really enjoyed the fight .. but then I'm sort of an expert at fighting with reverse control so it was right up my alley.

I think it was a well balanced fight .. proper use of nodes and a little spice with objectives.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    edited June 13
    Anyone using white mags? Is he better than toad for this?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    edited June 13
    3 revives with chee'ilth. Very soloable but had expiring revives so didn't care.

Tried a refill and a half with aegon but it kinda sucked.

I'll give kingpin a go for 2017.

I guess I'll be using 6r4 toad but also have 7* sauron for the finale.

Not a horrible fight at all. I'd love the reverse controls callout to stay on screen instead of watching the timer but whatever.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    Has anyone tried archangel for 2017?
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    edited June 13
    Took toad up for Level up , he might just be the best option for this fight lmao

Sp1 spam for the win