New "Real Event" BG season 22

Comments

• Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    What’s the average time for a full 3 round matchup these days?

How long from hitting “Find Opponent” to being done and ready to hit it again are people averaging?

I’m curious what the worst case scenario is in terms of time commitment to hit 5k.
  • Dan__4Dan__4 Member Posts: 92
    Roughly 10 minutes unless you’re in celestial matches
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 261 ★★
    edited September 24

I think the comparison should be with Necropolis instead of the crystal popping event though. People were way more invested in the launch of Necropolis because the rewards were good. Will there be people who only hit the milestone for top milestone purposes and do nothing more? Of course. I just believe there are a lot more people who will put in higher effort because of the better rewards.

I don't think we'll hit all of the Titan shard rewards because those rewards seem a bit too high, but I would be surprised if we don't hit the titan. In any event, the event starts October 2nd so we'll see.

You can't compare it to Necropolis, there was an actual exploration reward along with a progression title, scoring was the same for everyone participating, a death was a death. Not half a death, not a % of a death.
    You have a ton of people making sure they say "I will grind the 5k", making all the math of what will require to get the 5k, 73 wins in VT, 50 in GC .. The grind number is pretty much set.
    We are starting a marathon knowing that at 15 miles we will start cramping up...
    I absolutely can compare it to the Necropolis and did. The deathless piece for reaching gladiator circuit is the actual priority for me with this season and the deathless piece for Necropolis was why I pushed my second account through the initial completion and the "proto" realm event rewards was why I did it earlier rather than waiting a few months. The barrier for playing Battlegrounds is way lower than completing even one run of Necropolis. There are people who are cavalier who will contribute to this event that did not contribute at all to the Necropolis event because their roster wasn't up to snuff. Additionally, there'll be people who aren't interested in the deathless piece that will still play because of the Banquet tickets. It's certainly closer to Necropolis in scope of interest and rewards rather than the crystal opening event.

I agree it isn't one to one, but I see more similarities than differences. I think we're ultimately will have to agree to disagree on this one though.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Definitely a grind on a personal level. Will have to see how palatable it is to the player base.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 237 ★★
    edited September 24
    S22 looks very good, the highest rewards are at the 1 bill milestone, and after that just decent rewards (a safety measure), just like the 'road to the crypt' milestones..
    For an average bg player, who reaches GC regularly and has 9k.ish elder marks, will be easy to get to 5k points, but for others who "don't bother" playing BGs, will not be that easy, and that's cool..
    The problem is that ranked rewards could use an upgrade, for the top 100, at least, because hardcore players won't have an incentive to push harder...
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 458 ★★
    Idk about Realm Events, but they feel like it's an in-game survey just to see what kind of time people dedicate to the game. Who knows, the real motive may just be to see the survivability of the game in the future years. I mean, obviously there are loads of content creators out there, just people with normal lives cannot dedicate that kind of time to the game.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    edited September 24
    KLZ said:

S22 looks very good, the highest rewards are at the 1 bill milestone, and after that just decent rewards (a safety measure), just like the 'road to the crypt' milestones..
    For an average bg player, who reaches GC regularly and has 9k.ish elder marks, will be easy to get to 5k points, but for others who don't "bother" with BGs, will not be that easy, and that's cool..
    The problem is that ranked rewards could use an upgrade, for the top 100, at least, because hardcore players won't have an incentive to push harder...

Which is exactly why it will be hard to get to 1B+, hardcore BG players have no incentive to score over 5k individually or as an alliance.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Dan__4 said:

Roughly 10 minutes unless you’re in celestial matches

Not just that, if you make it into GC, the Crit nodes means that fights will take a long time since the defenders will likely be crit resistant. I can totally see Man-Thing fights just being burned into my retinas
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Member Posts: 215 ★★
    I have a question. In the necropolis event, players could theoretically help the death totals by beating the first opponent then dying completely on the second. Then repeat. Generally this practice of dying on purpose is frowned upon in battlegrounds. Point farming accusations and such. Would the community be more inclined to accept this type of behavior in the upcoming season? Since it not only benefits the player but the community as well? Now I'm not talking about the people(you know who you are) that will accept a match then set their phone down til its over and waste everybodies time. I'm talking about the people who will quickly pick their champs and just not fight. Win or lose every fight contributes points to the realm event.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    With the milestones gone however, we get no "free" elders marks. Very convenient.
    Searmenis said:

With the milestones gone however, we get no "free" elders marks. Very convenient.

Except we do...

Searmenis said:

Except we do...
    where? I didn t see them
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Except we do...
    where? I didn t see them
    There is about 400x15 its on the rewards list

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Except we do...
    where? I didn t see them
    There is about 400x15 its on the rewards list
    You re right, I missed them. Thanks!