Summer of suffering week 4

1235»

Comments

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★

No one's using Viv? She's a good counter, if it wasn't for Toad using special with reverse control while I'm dashing back not leaving time for me to parry to phase.
    My rotation is dex his sp1 on root and when he uses it with reverse control you parry to phase, use sp2, and when his under 1 bar of power, spam sp1 to deal a lot of damage

One sp3 and you'll be immune to reverse controls
    Wait what? I'm so dumb. Thanks
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★

I don't understand why I'm taking burst damage, I don't run Assassin's mastery. Is it Despair, with the amount of debuffs Hulk places I believe it might be it

it for D

Pacify as ur stunning despair doesnt prevent regen from activating aar does
  • BEA5T_FURYBEA5T_FURY Member Posts: 56
    Ai is utter garbage throughout the fight by far the most passive ai I have seen in mcoc it's like he secretly has a 100% bias sp2 node on him and sometimes it just feels like the ai just reads the inputs before the even happen like throwing sp just as iam about dash back which roots and nukes me into oblivion and don't get me started on intercept it was issue already in aw for me but this ai is worse half the time he ends up intercepting you even though I was using g99 who has a great reach on her medium and if u try someone like dust whose medium doesn't has that much range you just never get intercept I tried 1st with dust but never got intercept and has to use g99 overall the nodes are fine and not that much hard to deal with once ur comfortable with reverse controls but the ai just feels like devill from the underworld himself
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,895 ★★★★★
    Used Hulk, G2099 and Scorp. Ok fight, no solos aside from hulk.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 ★★★★★
    Hulk first try, one revive, no boosts

Rest boosted
    Guilly99 several tries, solo
    Deathless Vision 4 revives
    Hulkling r4 9-14 revives. I lost count. Never played him before, but I just couldn't dex his sp1 with him.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,282 ★★★★
    Yes I got the solo no boosts
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 330 ★★
    I wish they would make one piece of content where players enjoyment was the goal.

Why is everything about annoying and frustrating your customers @KabamDORK ?
    Not every fight has to be more difficult than the last. Where does it end?
    Will you be satisfied when no one can do a fight resource free and most people have no hope?
    It’s no longer a fighting game when 99% of people can’t win the fight through skill.
    The AI is shady bs and Kabam isn’t a victim of their own programming.
    They designed the AI, they designed the fight and probably get off on the fact that you have to waste 20 minutes of your life just baiting specials every attempt.
    Why have happy customers when you can make money grabs instead of fun challenging content like the first 2 fights in the event
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 134
    how to be confident to dash back/forward after toad has 2 bars knowing tht if he uses special mid dash , im done?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 482 ★★★
    Cuber2906 said:

how to be confident to dash back/forward after toad has 2 bars knowing tht if he uses special mid dash , im done?

I keep an eye on his HUD bar . If the unblockable icon lights up, I dash forward
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 180

Depends if you’re just going for completion and “skipping” this week or going for the objectives

I'm planning to skip one of the objectives actually.
    Juggs,Hulk, Hulkling, CMM,G2099
    Also when baiting Sp was annoying as always.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 334 ★★
    BeastDad said:

Juggs, hulkling, 2099, and deathless dumpster vision

And of course the 7* pull was utter garbage like all crystals I earn. Money crystals on the other hand, are super fire unsurprisingly.

I used these exact champs. I didn’t think it was too bad. Cost me several revives (mostly because of lack of patience and poor play on my part; AI wasn’t too much of an issue for me in any of my fights), especially with Deathless Vision since it was the first time I’d even used him. He is pretty soft. But just chipped away with him taking off 300-400k health per revive.

And my 7* was a 3rd dupe on Colossus. Not terrible but just don’t use him really. Might give him a go as he’s got good immunities and his armor seems pretty great.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    Dust is good for this. Ppl sleeping on her. Took him down with r2 7* pretty easily. She can tank specials
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    edited September 26
    Ashacekar said:

Shocker is a monster in this fight. Can invalidate prowess, can autoblock specials if you mess up the timing. One heavy at 150 charges and one heavy at 100 charges can easily end the fight.

This fight should take 2 mins with ideal AI, but yeah, it is what it is.

Thanks for this, Shocker one was atleast fun.
    My summary:
    Overseer: 6 revives
    Dust: 4 revives
    Shocker: 3 revives
    This is statistically my worst SoS. In all SoS i do find a cheese option but i couldn't in this one. Let me chill and see some MSD solos now.
    Was able to Solo today with Juggs. And this is after completing all objectives in a casual attempt. Someone should have suggested me Juggs or maybe i didn't read. I definitely shouldn't underestimate him at all. He is RC immune as well, fight goes very smooth.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    I figured out how to bait his sp1 more reliably. You have to shallow dex him. So basically dex almost right when he dashes in so that when you dex you are closer to him. Then he’ll throw the special. Don’t dex last minute as a big gap he won’t throw it. You have to get a feel for it but it works.
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 411 ★★
    https://youtu.be/s1H7gWRDJrs?si=bePyh2W8gmWRNO3d
    Just got the solo with viv vision for the size s and control denial objective
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    YodaKaj said:

What are the best options for each objective?
    1. Kree / S-6
    2. XL + Defensive
    3. S + Control:Denial
    4. Vision (D)

I used CMM for Kree/S. We got it done lol

https://youtu.be/GAEqwKFbgkQ?si=-JxoPU3FxSDN2q1o
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,850 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/s1H7gWRDJrs?si=bePyh2W8gmWRNO3d
    Just got the solo with viv vision for the size s and control denial objective

Yeah, she's fantastic for it.

Basically, play like you normally do with her, except go for early SP3, to get the Fury/immunity to reverse controls.
    Then a couple of rounds of SP2-SP1-1-1-1 and it's done.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★
    Does anyone have any tips on knowing when Toad is going to throw a special so you can actually dodge it with reverse controls? That seems to be what consistently gets me, be dexing trying to bait and next thing I know I'm dashing face first into his attack, is making the Kree/sinister 6 objective a bit of a pain in the ass, since they don't really have any good reverse control options.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Does anyone have any tips on knowing when Toad is going to throw a special so you can actually dodge it with reverse controls? That seems to be what consistently gets me, be dexing trying to bait and next thing I know I'm dashing face first into his attack, is making the Kree/sinister 6 objective a bit of a pain in the ass, since they don't really have any good reverse control options.

Always bait sp1 for root and sp2 for reverse controls. It’s much easier to bait his sp2.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★

Ortoun said:

Always bait sp1 for root and sp2 for reverse controls. It’s much easier to bait his sp2.
    x2
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★

Ortoun said:

That's great and all, but doesn't really answer the question. I'm more looking for a visual cue or a technique to let me better know when he is throwing the special so I can be prepared for the reverse controls dex.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 482 ★★★
    Ortoun said:

Ortoun said:

That's great and all, but doesn't really answer the question. I'm more looking for a visual cue or a technique to let me better know when he is throwing the special so I can be prepared for the reverse controls dex.
    @Ortoun i keep an eye on his HUD area. When the unblockable changes colour I swipe forward
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    edited September 27
    Ortoun said:

Ortoun said:

When you rotate baiting his specials,
    majority of the times he throws it when you wants him to. Because you can always leave him with some prowess and his ai tends to not hold specials.

AI is like "dumb summoner, imma launch my unblockable special with all these prowesses either way", yeah AI knows that's it's unblockable.

And Baiting sp2 removes all prowess and resets the cycle. The timing on sp2 is a lot easier.
    And the visual cue is, the screen gets darker.
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 327
    SP1 trigger for Toad is broken. He will not launch an SP1 unless you are next to him. Death trap because of bugged AI.