**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Boss Rush: Underdogs Unleashed

12345679»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you are careful with Bane the thorns aren't too bad. I one shot him with Blade. Ran it again and tried with SL. Got him 90% despite the thorns. No potions needed.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    how does one know if they're ready to take on the challenge?
    many players in this thread say this rush was easy, other players cleared the whole thing in under 10 mins, while other's can't get past the first boss. how do i know if i have progressed enough in both skill and roster?

personally, opponents with a power level of over 20.000 still scar me.
    i know the missions have a "recommended team rating", but i don't trust that thing since i did RttL

It's only 6 fights, so just try it out and if you have a poor 1st or 2nd fight, just quit and start again. This game is about practice!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    danielmath wrote: »
    many players in this thread say this rush was easy, other players cleared the whole thing in under 10 mins, while other's can't get past the first boss. how do i know if i have progressed enough in both skill and roster?

i know the missions have a "recommended team rating", but i don't trust that thing since i did RttL

It's only 6 fights, so just try it out and if you have a poor 1st or 2nd fight, just quit and start again. This game is about practice!

Indeed. The way I knew I was ready for Realm of Legends was that when I thought I might be ready I started practicing against Winter Soldier with my X23. When I could bring him down without dying and with X23 basically still at full health several times in a row, I knew I was ready.

It costs basically nothing to try, so I would recommend not spending any potions and just trying. Even if you can't complete the boss rush, you can get a lot of good practice in fighting the bosses in there. I wouldn't practice on Magneto per se unless you're really trying to get good at that specific situation, but practicing on Falcon, She Hulk, and Iron Patriot, for example, would be useful in the long run. I got past those first three fights with barely a scratch. If you can't, that's certainly worth practicing for the next time.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★

One simply doesn’t know they’re ready....
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited January 2018

You know you're ready if you've beaten end-game content before. I mean, this kind of content is not for someone who just started playing the game, or is only a few months to a year into the game. Many of us here that are saying that this content was very easy have beaten every & all end-game content MCOC has released. Every single quest, act, ROL, LOL, monthly, recently Act 5, special quests, etc. Many of us have a R5 5*, with multiple R4 5* champs to follow.

Here's a quick view of the first champ. And, remember, this quest like all other quests are all about having the right champs with the right abilities, to counter the added nodes...

https://streamable.com/3p27l
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Like others have said, it's about practice and having a decent roster. Even if you don't beat it, and these are other wise not great champs, it is still Boss level fights, and good training for taking on harder champs in AW/AQ and more advanced levels in other modes of the game. Best of all the energy required is minimal.
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    And, remember, this quest like all other quests are all about having the right champs with the right abilities, to counter the added nodes...

I know you were just making a general statement here, but I will say for the benefit of less experienced players that this game, like most games like it, is about skill and about building roster. Almost every combat challenge can be beaten with a combination of skill and roster strength. The more skill you have, the less strong champions you need, and conversely the stronger you build your roster the less skill you need to apply to any particular fight. I believe that every single fight except Magneto in the boss rush can be soloed with a player of high but not spectacular skill with a decent team of 4/40s. Magneto either requires extremely high skill, or good skill and extremely strong champion, or a small set of revives (because he doesn't heal and so can be whittled away by anyone).

To progress in this game, you should put effort into practicing your skills to get better, and you should put effort into developing your roster to have better weapons at your disposal. It is the combination of the two of them that ultimately allow you to beat something like the boss rush. Something I suspect most very strong players do that I think most other players tend not to do is practice for the sake of practicing. Sometimes you just have to play the game. If you are 100% focused on just doing the minimum necessary to get the maximum amount of rewards, there's no opportunity to sharpen skills.

Recently I dueled a 4* Iron Man with a 1* champion just to see if I could do it (also, I was making a video for an alliance mate who was having some issues evading Iron Man and I wanted to show him how I fight IM). Its only Iron Man but it was the most fun I had that day. If you want to get better at MCOC, or anything really, you have to practice and you have to find ways to challenge yourself. And you have to find things that are hard for you personally to do, but are still doable. Too easy and there's nothing to learn. Too hard and there's no possibility of learning. For everyone, there's a sweet spot. Find it, and keep at it until it becomes easy. Then move on.

I think any graduate of Dork Lessons skill series of videos will eventually be able to beat content like the boss rush with any reasonable roster. It will just take time.
  • PraffulPrafful Posts: 13
    Got banned from KABAM for Completing Boss rush. Are you kidding, I am at level 50 with 1.4 Total base hero rating.
    Used my Rank 3 5star Arcangel and around a bunch of reviev and bunch of health potion worth of 600 units and got few of them as rewards that you sent us last month.
    Prafful wrote: »
    Got banned from KABAM for Completing Boss rush. Are you kidding, I am at level 50 with 1.4 Total base hero rating.
    Used my Rank 3 5star Arcangel and around a bunch of reviev and bunch of health potion worth of 600 units and got few of them as rewards that you sent us last month.

Did you use Cyclops? He is VERY effective. They probably thought you hacked when you completed it with him.
    @Prafful I don't know why you got banned but if you completed Boss Rush legitimately that's not why. The recent bans seem to all be people who purchased units from thieves.
  • PraffulPrafful Posts: 13
    @LeNoirFaineant @Cuteshelf After doing a research on the internet from the morning to till now once thing I got to know that those who have multiple accounts and switching between two KABAM account in the same device also got banned but that's not fair right? we can create as many accounts we want and switch an many time we want.
    The All units I earned by opening Arena Crystals from last 1 months. Now I can do only is wait for a week or play the game from another account.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Would be nice if it included a lower level or 2. I'm over 80k and can't even take Falcon down
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    Would be nice if it included a lower level or 2. I'm over 80k and can't even take Falcon down

Take a power drainer if you can’t avoid the kick of the special and block the bullets.

A bleed immune could help too. Most of the damage taken is from bleed.

The rest of the fights are much easier except magneto.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Ezra7676 wrote: »

Take a power drainer if you can’t avoid the kick of the special and block the bullets.

A bleed immune could help too. Most of the damage taken is from bleed.

The rest of the fights are much easier except magneto.
    You could actually just push Falcon past L1 to L2 since he has increased power gain too, practically any champ will work for him.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    How are we really supposed go judge these guys? The point was made that any jacked up champ can be made unbeatable if the node buffs him up enough. And why do you insist on cramming IP down our throats over and over again like we underestimate him? He has a suck synergy build no one really wants him on thier team...seems like quake is the only champ that will even give a buff with ip...so...we saw him as a 6 star? We still think he sucks!
    Rap wrote: »
    How are we really supposed go judge these guys? The point was made that any jacked up champ can be made unbeatable if the node buffs him up enough. And why do you insist on cramming IP down our throats over and over again like we underestimate him? He has a suck synergy build no one really wants him on thier team...seems like quake is the only champ that will even give a buff with ip...so...we saw him as a 6 star? We still think he sucks!

The fact that these champs aren't good was kind of the point... Bad champs get revenge from the hate by being jacked up. It isn't about convincing anyone that they aren't bad lol.
    actually it is, the descripition (both the in-game mail and this thread) specifically says that these champs are challenging us to prove their strength

The first boss rush had champs like blade and mephisto, and was just as easy as this one. Are you saying those champs also suck because i beat them?
    i am saying that this specific event has champions that are consireded weak, and according to the description given, their purpose (read: the event's "story" ) is for them to "prove themselves"
    so yes, according to the "story" we were told, this event IS about the bad champs convincing us that they aren't bad

so if they failed to prove they aren't bad, then be that logic isn't every champ bad?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Problem really is that these champs are not good and they synergize way better champs who have better partners to choose from than these guys. I'd take Juggs over Jane anyday!
    edited January 2018
    actually it is, the descripition (both the in-game mail and this thread) specifically says that these champs are challenging us to prove their strength

Yes. These champs are unhappy that we hate them so they are challenging us. It's meant to be funny. It doesn't mean Kabam is trying to convince us that they are good champs. If you want to read it as though Mags, Kamala etc., are trying to convince us that's all you lol. The email/this thread also says not to underestimate them because they are on jacked up nodes. It doesn't say because they are better than we think.

Yes. These champs are unhappy that we hate them so they are challenging us. It's meant to be funny. It doesn't mean Kabam is trying to convince us that they are good champs. If you want to read it as though Mags, Kamala etc., are trying to convince us that's all you lol. The email/this thread also says not to underestimate them because they are on jacked up nodes. It doesn't say because they are better than we think.

People hate fun. I love when they put a spider gwen unblockable sp1 or rhino dash vulnerable or any of those, but people can't handle funny things

I think you are confusing the in-game fiction and the game itself. @LeNoirFaineant was responding to @Rap who was clearly commenting on the notion that we, the people playing the game MCOC, were supposed to judge the champions in the Boss Rush game content (which we are not really being asked to do). In the game fiction, those champions are mad at the summoners for giving them the least votes in a popularity contest and are trying to take revenge against the summoners of the Contest of Champions. That has nothing specifically to do with me, the player of the mobile game, being asked by Kabam, the developer of the mobile game, to evaluate the strength of those champions.