**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Star Release Discussion Thread

11112131416

Comments

  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    Rewards that you won't get til April.

    I doubt they will change the pool or release the Featured 6* before that.

    That's the point. He said that 6* won't factor in for months and you said with the new rewards for war seasons you doubt that but it will be months before those rewards are received so your statement about changing the pool has nothing to do with the fact that it will still be months before 6* are a factor.

    6*s are a factor as of the Update. The pool and the 6* Featured is still unannounced, but the means to start building and developing a 6* Roster are here. I have no doubt that some may wait, but that statement doesn't likely apply to everyone. Are you just debating every comment I make for the sake of it?
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I, for one, will most likely still open my 6* crystals (or at least half my 50k+ shards), as I'm taking the same long view that I had with 5*. At some point, I'll probably have ALL the champs in the pool, so may as well start now, since I'm sure I'll keep accumulating more and more 6* shards along the way and open up featured 6* champs as well. But I'll probably open at least 2 or 3 crystals.

    Agree that this pool of champs kinda sucks (for me and my play style), and logic dictates that I should wait on better champs, but the itch for shiny new toys is a strong one! The logical thing to do would be to continue to max my 5*'s to r5 and sit on the 6* shards until featured crystals are out and I can target champs, but that will also require not only will power, but the envy of watching others open up and play with their 6* champs.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    linux wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    linux wrote: »
    But saying that Thor JF, Deadpool XF, and Iron Fist aren't among the worst current champs ... I disagree with that claim, which Miike specifically made.

    I would disagree with that statement (to clarify, I do not believe Thor JF and Iron Fist are among the worst champs) but that's not what my post discussed. I specifically made a statement about saying something is useless for end game content explicitly.

    I'm not sure what you're arguing. I was explaining my criteria for calling these three champs (in particular) useless

    I thought I was clear. I am not arguing that your criteria is right or wrong, or that your judgment is right or wrong. I'm making the statement that any argument aimed at a game developer that, within this context, mentions end game content anything, is going to be easy to dismiss. There's lots of reasons why, but I'm not attempting to prove that they *must* do so, I'm simply stating what I believe to be a fact that they will. I'm offering the statement in the same way I'd say all game developers hate chocolate (if that were true). I'm not trying to prove that there's a good reason for them to hate chocolate per se, or that I agree with their hatred for chocolate. They just hate chocolate.

    There are reasons why end game based arguments tend to almost always get dismissed by game developers, and we can discuss those, but the why of it isn't important (unless you want to discuss why), the important part I think is that knowing its something easy to dismiss suggests trying to construct arguments that don't rely upon that point would increase the odds of a game developer considering them.
  • Options
    BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Why are half the posts disagreements between tier 1 players and a guy with 23094i3240954 posts who never beat a single master event until it was nerfed. It is 100% true that just reading the forums and understanding the difference between having a 5/65 and a couple 4/55's duped and god tiers makes a HUGE difference compared to a mediocre 6 star. I will admit many of them are not as bad as people are claiming, but there are levels to the game and people who have just read about it and spend 99% of their time on the forums and 1% of the time actually progressing through hard content have different perspectives. None of us chose good or REALLY good champs to 5/65, it is based either on prestige or pure god tier champs only surrounded by other god tier duped 4/55's. The impact even a GOOD 6 star will have on us is not exactly 0 but much closer to it than to a guy who considers master events hard until the huge nerf. The worst 6 star on the list likely a huge upgrade to many casual players who will eventually trickle in enough shards. Very few champs on the list will help me with anything considered difficult at this point, but I actually still feel the list is mostly fair and would be an upgrade to at least 90% of the player base (Anyone who can't 4/55 4-5 guys yet or beaten content for a 5/65).

    But, it still remains completely different how it impacts people at different levels of the game. For most of the advanced players the only hard part left of the game is to clear tier 1 war with the fewest deaths possible to save items and win the tie breaker. If a decent 6 star unduped does not help us do this, it adds next to nothing for us other than perhaps an extra trash quester while our real champs are in war. For the vast majority of players not in the top war rewards brackets working on their 2nd 5/65 soon, most champs on this list will be an upgrade for them, but they just want a god tier instead of a decent champ.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm not going to open right away. I've got about 12k shards so I expect I'll have enough for a featured by the time they release one. If no featured announcement is made for awhile and people are happy with their pulls maybe I'll open.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Ok, I've seen a few threads being shut down by mods but no actual answers.
    What's with the 6* crystal showing 5* champs?
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.

    So your saying that people don't sit on shards now? Isn't that how people have been pulling dupes of featured 5*, by saving shards until they can open multiple crystals? Stands to reason that they will do the same with 6* champs. Just saying.

    Except 6*s are new. People will want their first 6*.

    Probably a few but a lot will wait and save shards just like the 5* shards.

    MOST will open. have a better shot at one of the decent champs.

    When the 5* first came out it was a couple of months before new ones were added to the pool.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Hugoo wrote: »
    The list could of been a little better but oh well.

    The important thing to remember here is that any one of these Champions has the ability to be the Strength of a 4/55 5-Star Champion with no Rank Up Materials whatsoever. Also, some of these Champions may not be the best, but they are far from being underwhelming.

    I want that 6-Star Angela!

    EDIT: Originally said 5/65 5-Star. This was incorrect.

    you think 6 * Angela is good? no thanks,,,,, i got her as a 5* she's just another version of KAmala Khan lol

    Sh'es very good, even unduped.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Yes 1000% There will be folks save shards, including myself.
    I am currently at 13k. How many do you have?

    Why is this so hard for you to believe?

    A unduped R1 6* will do absolutely nothing for my account.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Stewman wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Yes 1000% There will be folks save shards, including myself.
    I am currently at 13k. How many do you have?

    Why is this so hard for you to believe?

    A unduped R1 6* will do absolutely nothing for my account.

    i believe it as i was thinking about it since i have over 15k shards.
  • Options
    Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    H
    The cheaters who bought units from illegal site’s have now 75k 6* star shards ,awesome 4j9ym8cpowkv.png
    chek it out pls

    If he is one of the ones who did the unit fraud then this disgusts me. 7 of the most powerful champions in the game (based on their PI at base rank) gained by illegal means. Those are dirty champions and should be removed from their accounts.

    I personally know a guy in who is just incredibly wealthy and spends about 2k per month on this game and he's got about that many 6 star shards just from opening fgmc and gmc. So let's not completely jump the gun and say this guy uses unit fraud.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    H
    The cheaters who bought units from illegal site’s have now 75k 6* star shards ,awesome 4j9ym8cpowkv.png
    chek it out pls

    If he is one of the ones who did the unit fraud then this disgusts me. 7 of the most powerful champions in the game (based on their PI at base rank) gained by illegal means. Those are dirty champions and should be removed from their accounts.

    I personally know a guy in who is just incredibly wealthy and spends about 2k per month on this game and he's got about that many 6 star shards just from opening fgmc and gmc. So let's not completely jump the gun and say this guy uses unit fraud.

    Agreed, that’s why I said ‘If’.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    H
    The cheaters who bought units from illegal site’s have now 75k 6* star shards ,awesome 4j9ym8cpowkv.png
    chek it out pls

    If he is one of the ones who did the unit fraud then this disgusts me. 7 of the most powerful champions in the game (based on their PI at base rank) gained by illegal means. Those are dirty champions and should be removed from their accounts.

    I personally know a guy in who is just incredibly wealthy and spends about 2k per month on this game and he's got about that many 6 star shards just from opening fgmc and gmc. So let's not completely jump the gun and say this guy uses unit fraud.

    Is your friend in core an did he get a ban ? No well these clowns are an did
  • Options
    OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    No 6* crystals in the update...smh
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Thanks for making sure that no one opens your 6* crystals!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Restart the game, you’ll see them. Don’t worry
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, super awesome, another update with a major bug: the dissappearance of the 6* shards. 1of the most anticipated features of this update, and once again you manage to screw it up......just.....how?????
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, super awesome, another update with a major bug: the dissappearance of the 6* shards. 1of the most anticipated features of this update, and once again you manage to screw it up......just.....how?????

    It wasn't broken. It appeared at 10 am PT, with all of the new content. If you can't see it, you need to make sure you're updated to the latest build and maybe restart your game.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Now that 6* are here can we please get some news on when either the pool is expanded or who will be in the featured 6* pool. Or even when the news will be given, I’m waiting to open my crystal until I hear this news so the sooner the better please.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Stewman wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Yes 1000% There will be folks save shards, including myself.
    I am currently at 13k. How many do you have?

    Why is this so hard for you to believe?

    A unduped R1 6* will do absolutely nothing for my account.

    I never said that no one will save them. That's not very logical. I said that won't apply to all Players.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.

    You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. Post a pic of your champs and let’s prove this right now. Tired of GW taking over every post and injecting his illogical thoughts. I’ve stopped coming to the forums cause of him.

    Please tell me more about how I'm a problem when you make an effort to take shots at me whenever you comment. In fact, the only time I see you comment is against me. I will not post a pic of my Champs because that has nothing to do with the conversation. If you want to claim to be a victim, you might want to look at the fact that you seek me out. No one says you have to reply to me, or read my comments. It's very simple. If you don't like me and you don't like my comments, don't respond. Better yet, go to my Profile and select Ignore. I'm about done with people petitioning and calling me a problem when they are the ones that seek me out and spread negativity.
Sign In or Register to comment.