**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    edited February 2018
    The milestone rewards are underwhelming to say the least. The only thing worth looking forward to is some 5* shards in rank rewards. The milestone rewards should have had 4* shards not phc's to at least give incentive to grind towards the milestone rewards. nobody playing this arena needs more 2*'s lol!
  • Options
    So you’re using the top 150 method instead of the top 1-10% ? So basically the only possible way to even achieve that top 150 spot is to spend units on refreshing your champs? Once again catering to your very top players with the biggest rosters. Typical. If I played all 3 days straight I wouldn’t be able to hit those rank rewards without spending units. Why are you doing it like this? Pretty unfair
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    One other thing. Even with twenty-something 5 stars and who knows how many 4 stars, I would probably only do this arena for the 5 star shards. But given that there are so many milestones, I could probably only do this arena instead. I suppose it will depend on how the gold situation is, as this costs more gold than you can get from the fight (this requires a spreadsheet).

In any case, don't you think this will make people jump off the pool from the basic and featured 4 star arenas and make the cutoff for those a bit higher?

I obviously do not have official numbers, so I am not sure if this could be a thing, I suppose it could go either way, but the 4 star basic arena should be the "easy-to-grind-for" arena for players expanding their 4 star roster.

Also, can anyone run the numbers about the gold cost to make all these milestones (having the gold in the milestones and the possible rewards from arena crystals)?
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Sick, another way for the rich to get richer. Top 150 get the champ,...that's absurd. You are aware that people just hire mercs to get these kind of ridiculous tasks complete right?

Really hoping that sometime soon a semi-attainable (top 1-10%) basic 5* arena comes out.
  • Options
    My gosh those milestone rewards are trash. Many players just grind the milestones with no hope/time to get the good rank rewards. Why do you guys put PHC's of all things as milestones in a 5* arena. There is no legitimate/logical reason to do that. how about putting some T1A's? You guys are really out of touch. These milestones are indefensible.

If your goal is just to get the Milestones for Units, etc., then I suggest a different Arena. This Arena is meant of those that are ready to compete for the top rewards.

This statement contradicts you comment about limiting this to uncollected players for GM shards. So is it for everyone or just those at the top?

I don't know why everyone assumes all players progress in exactly the same way. Becoming uncollected requires beating the collector. Some players can do that with a small roster of 4* champs. Some players have extreme difficulty doing that with a large roster of 5* champs. But the ability to put up large amounts of points in the arena comes down to size of roster, willingness to spend units on refreshes, and the amount of time you can dedicate to grinding. Those two are not directly linked together.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    All of the rank rewards (exept the top one) seem pretty bad
  • Options
    AtkovAtkov Posts: 7
    The milestone rewards too low!
    For example basic 4* arena give 135 unit at 1.5M
    The PHCs?? No! Maybe better idea 4* shards. 200-200-200 in every mikestones. And if somebody make 12M can collect a fully form 4* Crystal. Its correct! Not PHC..
    The first 150?? No!! Minimum 800! Will be extreme high cutoff. Nobody grinding this arena just only “no life” members.
  • Options
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Is there anyway you could talk to the game team about giving us a peak behind the curtain as to how they come up with these types of rewards? I think it would go a long way for the community in understanding the thought process. As it is they are just so out of whack with what your customer base needs that I believe it will anger people. Why PHS? Why no T1A? Why such trash?

Rank up materials are not the usual rewards for Hero Arenas, so Tier 1 Alphas are out of place here. And as we have already mentioned, this Arena is not one where the focus is the Milestones. This is where you will the most competitive will compete for a chance at the Top Prize a regular Arena has every given. A Featured 5-Star Champion.

What about the rank up gems then? There are rank up gems in other arenas. Why not offer 5* rank up gem crystals that offer a random class rank up gem that takes a 5* from rank 1 to 2?

The Rank Up Gem is available to the Top Player in the other Arenas. I don't think we can really use that as an argument as to why Rank Up Materials should be included in this new Arena.

Doesn't making it the top 150 defeat the purpose of the arena do? Because if you have to use a ton of units to refresh 5* or 6* then what it's the purpose?

Arena should be the non-spender option to get that champ with a big enough roster, but I feel the big spenders will just monopolize the top prizes.

That has never been true. Even now, the featured 4* offers a big advantage to the spenders, and is also limited to 800 so among spenders and non-spenders alike very few will actually win the champ regardless.

In any well designed F2P game, what spending money generally buys you is speed. Patience is rewarded with easier ways to get the same thing the impatient spend money to get. The 4* featured arena requires very large expense in time, resources, and/or roster size, and even so few get the champ. The 4* basic requires far less expense in time and resources, and way more players get the champ. You just have to wait for the champion to appear there.

It is almost certainly the case that Kabam wants to have just the featured 5* arena out first, to reward the big spenders in time and money to have the first shot at these champions. Down the road, maybe six months, maybe a year, a basic arena will likely come out where everyone else will have a somewhat better shot at the same thing. The reward for the spenders is to get there first. The reward for the patient is to get there cheaper.
  • Options
    MattMan wrote: »
    Why can’t being uncollected unlock the ability to get grandmaster crystal shards from the milestones? So everyone over level 40 can do this arena,but those who are uncollected get 1500 grandmaster shards where non-uncollected get premium etc etc

Unfortunately, that is not possible to do.
    Sure it is, you just don’t know how or don’t want to. Big difference.

That's not how game development works.
  • Options
    Jaburah wrote: »
    Another bad idea, those rewards are not all that the milestones are underwhelming as always. Then you put some titles in there to make it seem better.

EDIT: I totally misread your post. My apologies. I will take your feedback to the team regarding the Milestones, but the real reward in this Arena is not the Milestone Rewards, but the Rank rewards, especially the top Rewards.

The major problem with this is that the average Joe has almost no chance at all to compete for the featured champ - except if he's able to spend resources to use in refreshes.
    And when the same Joe looks at the milestones he has nothing that makes him want to go through the grind to achieve them. Premium hero crystals? For a grind of 12 million points, we should be able to at the very least get a basic 4 star champion/crystal or whatever.

I don't see this as a problem.
  • Options
    SeanFlik wrote: »
    This is a bunch of whale milkin' shiz! 150 people get the champ? cut off probably gonna be like 30 million

You know, I feel the same about the 4 star featured arena, and people seem to be able to get the champ without spending money. It is hard to guess the cutoff for this, but it will probably change all the expected cutoffs for all the arenas with players dedicating more and more to this one. Could be either bad or good for the others.
  • Options
    vd016 wrote: »
    Phcs as milestone?? Comeon couldve atleast added gmc shards or 4* shards. And 135 units as milestone rewards for score of 12million is ridiculous

It seems ridiculous to us now. But the four million milestone in the 4* featured arena seemed ridiculous once. This arena is being introduced right at the start of the introduction of 6* champions and at a time when 5* champions are starting to become very common. The points players will be able to put up in this arena is going to accelerate upward, and I'm sure the milestones were chosen in part to make sure we don't outgrow them too quickly.
  • Options
    master88master88 Posts: 22
    12 mil is way too much and the milestones rewards are the same. they should be better then that.
  • Options
    AlphaKratosAlphaKratos Posts: 18
    Bug fixes = Meh what are those
    Whale milking = on point
    Good luck to the guys who 'll be grinding their life out for an extra star champ.
  • Options
    SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
    edited February 2018
    This is a bunch of whale milkin' shiz! 150 people get the champ? cut off probably gonna be like 30 million

You know, I feel the same about the 4 star featured arena, and people seem to be able to get the champ without spending money. It is hard to guess the cutoff for this, but it will probably change all the expected cutoffs for all the arenas with players dedicating more and more to this one. Could be either bad or good for the others.

I think the problem with arena is that it simply requires too much darn time. Either you grind for three days straight or you are an elite that has enough high champs and units to get into the top 800 or now 150. I think there should be a cutoff of say, 4 mil for basic 4*, 10 mil for featured 4*, etc (just as an example) and that guarantees the champion, but you could go higher for say, an awakened version, a 4* crystal, etc.
  • Options
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Pe3k wrote: »
    30+ Million is Just absurd for me ...but Basic would be possible

Lol... 30 is low... Think 50 mil or more...

There are guys with 6-9 6 stars already. Refreshing those with triple the 5 star points?

u wrong big spenders dont waste their time to grinding arena, they just spend on GMC , cut off are made by players, if u all say 30m then will be 30, if u said 50m then will be 50m, i think cutt will not really change for now because to do 20m need a lot of time grinding... i doubt cut will be so high and prevent to score , kabam should increase the Unit cost for everytime u refresh the same Champs per day, and have a limit to use, ,
    @Kabam Miike ur team always said to find a way to players to play LESS TIME IN ARENA and get good rewards..but it isnt the case, scores are insane now in my case i dont use 4* anymore on arena , waste my time, if i play them ..well i can breath or going to toilet, or no holidays , always need to stay at home , put my wife away and my kids too ..etc... top150 are for nolife, i ve got the roaster to compete but time to spend to "hope" to win...

do something about Bots players..... thats why i ve quit arenas ..Zeabot still rules, or check nickname

June0xx and July0xx (xx are numers) damn high bot farming still on !

How can you know they are using bots? (just curious).
  • Options

I think the problem with arena is that it simply requires too much darn time. Either you grind for three days straight or you are an elite that has enough high champs and units to get into the top 800 or now 150. I think there should be a cutoff of say, 4 mil for basic 4*, 10 mil for featured 4*, etc (just as an example) and that guarantees the champion, but you could go higher for say, an awakened version, a 4* crystal, etc.

Or you can wait for the champion to show up in the basic arena, and often get the champ for less than four million.

I think the problem with the arena is you aren't doing the arena right. I got so many valuable champs in the arena by either waiting for them to show up in basic or shooting for them in featured when they have been a repeat champ. The amount of effort I expend on average is lower than the levels of effort many people suggest should guarantee you the champ in the featured arena.

The arena works on a lot of levels for different players, and you can extract a lot of valuable rewards with a wide range of effort if you expend that effort efficiently.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Refresh times are way too high. Please consider setting the 6* refresh time at 7h and lower it for 5*'s at 4hours.
  • Options
    Crys23 wrote: »
    Refresh times are way too high. Please consider setting the 6* refresh time at 7h and lower it for 5*'s at 4hours.

This would make the cutoff go higher.
  • Options
    My gosh those milestone rewards are trash. Many players just grind the milestones with no hope/time to get the good rank rewards. Why do you guys put PHC's of all things as milestones in a 5* arena. There is no legitimate/logical reason to do that. how about putting some T1A's? You guys are really out of touch. These milestones are indefensible.

If your goal is just to get the Milestones for Units, etc., then I suggest a different Arena. This Arena is meant of those that are ready to compete for the top rewards.

This statement contradicts you comment about limiting this to uncollected players for GM shards. So is it for everyone or just those at the top?

It is for everyone that wants to compete. You don't have to be Uncollected to be Competitive.

Considering being Uncollected gets another way to aquire to 5* heroes (normally restricted to crystals), as well as access to the uncollected difficulty of the monthly contest which is the only consistent way to get t5 basic and really the only good way of 6* shards. How can you say with a straight face that you dont have to be uncollected to be competitive?
  • Options
    The rewards for everyone except the crazy spenders are trash.
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Since you won’t have time to do both arenas 4&5* featured maybe make the top 10% get the featured 4* along with the shards. That way if you scored 30 million at least you got 4* featured and lessens the horrible feeling of only getting 2k shards @Kabam Miike
    Please pass this along to the “team”
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    Crys23 wrote: »

This would make the cutoff go higher.

Haha, you think cut-offs will be influenced by this? They will be dictated by the spenders who will refresh like crazy.You could make the refresh time 24h for them, they wont care.
    At least like this, normal players have a chance to put up a decent score.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Is there anyway you could talk to the game team about giving us a peak behind the curtain as to how they come up with these types of rewards? I think it would go a long way for the community in understanding the thought process. As it is they are just so out of whack with what your customer base needs that I believe it will anger people. Why PHS? Why no T1A? Why such trash?

Rank up materials are not the usual rewards for Hero Arenas, so Tier 1 Alphas are out of place here. And as we have already mentioned, this Arena is not one where the focus is the Milestones. This is where you will the most competitive will compete for a chance at the Top Prize a regular Arena has every given. A Featured 5-Star Champion.

What about the rank up gems then? There are rank up gems in other arenas. Why not offer 5* rank up gem crystals that offer a random class rank up gem that takes a 5* from rank 1 to 2?

The Rank Up Gem is available to the Top Player in the other Arenas. I don't think we can really use that as an argument as to why Rank Up Materials should be included in this new Arena.

Doesn't making it the top 150 defeat the purpose of the arena do? Because if you have to use a ton of units to refresh 5* or 6* then what it's the purpose?

Arena should be the non-spender option to get that champ with a big enough roster, but I feel the big spenders will just monopolize the top prizes.

That has never been true. Even now, the featured 4* offers a big advantage to the spenders, and is also limited to 800 so among spenders and non-spenders alike very few will actually win the champ regardless.

In any well designed F2P game, what spending money generally buys you is speed. Patience is rewarded with easier ways to get the same thing the impatient spend money to get. The 4* featured arena requires very large expense in time, resources, and/or roster size, and even so few get the champ. The 4* basic requires far less expense in time and resources, and way more players get the champ. You just have to wait for the champion to appear there.

It is almost certainly the case that Kabam wants to have just the featured 5* arena out first, to reward the big spenders in time and money to have the first shot at these champions. Down the road, maybe six months, maybe a year, a basic arena will likely come out where everyone else will have a somewhat better shot at the same thing. The reward for the spenders is to get there first. The reward for the patient is to get there cheaper.

Don't quote me.

I'm afraid I cannot honor that request so long as you post in a public forum.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Don't quote me.

Is there a quota?
  • Options
    Notsileous wrote: »

It is for everyone that wants to compete. You don't have to be Uncollected to be Competitive.

Considering being Uncollected gets another way to aquire to 5* heroes (normally restricted to crystals), as well as access to the uncollected difficulty of the monthly contest which is the only consistent way to get t5 basic and really the only good way of 6* shards. How can you say with a straight face that you dont have to be uncollected to be competitive?

Technically speaking if you are spending units on refreshes, as a lot of people in the thread are saying is the only way to be competitive, then you don't also need a large roster. Being uncollected in that situation would have only a small benefit.