**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

M.O.D.O.K.’S Lab Grand Re-Opening!

Comments

• BRJ2002BRJ2002 Posts: 84
    Modok lab is awful. Used all my dice the first day. Refused to use pots. And the rewards weren’t updated at all. Why repeat old content? Give us something fun and engaging. This is lazy on Kabams part.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    For those acting like this is so easy, I am having a harder time with MODOK on Expert than Uncollected monthly chapter 3 boss. For exploration in Uncollected I get 7500 5* shards. In MODOKs I have to fight 6 boss-like fights with insane nodes for 200 measly 5* shards. After today I'm already deciding to forget it. I just can't believe how much harder they made it than the last MODOK. I didn't have any problem with that. The worst part is having to go in blind and being faced with who knows what? Its so random you don't know what champs to bring. Last fight 4 out of 6 champs were Cosmic. Before that 4 out of 6 champs were Skill. Not worth the time or frustration every 12 hours. You really blew this one guys.
  • KarmacolorsKarmacolors Posts: 3
    Kabam is f****in kidding us. First of all it's the worst quest that they will run for whole month ruining our efforts and time. The expert mode is so difficult that barely any good player can survive without the use of resources. And rest the rewards are so poor that will make you sad even if you win. So there's no use of playing this idiotic event.trials we're good in my opinion. And recently kabam became so laggy and maintenance activities have increased but still they are not compensating. Poor management and strategy. This game is losing all it's lust and slowly moving towards obsoletion. They have converted phc into a 2* crystal and are giving **** in 4 & 5 start crystal. I will leave this **** game and regret that why I wasted my 2 years in it. Earlier it was good but nowadays they are finding the ways to make you pay for playing it. Poor u kabam. Really you are now losing loyal gamers because of your stubborn strategy and crucedness.
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    Expert difficulty is absolute garbage the reward is worth half as many credits as the pots you are going to have to use to clear this. This should have been called uncollected difficulty there has never been a 30k+ enemy for master content before. Waste of time to run this. If you are going to make something that difficult at least make the rewards justify finishing it.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    My 2 cents...

I think that the best way to deal with this version of MODOK's Lab is to play it from the bottom (easy) and collect the randomizers. Then when you get to expert, you have the ones you collected today, and you make a run at it. If you have to use more than 3 randomizers, you either quit, or buy more. Don't spend units to finish, as there is another chance in a few hours.

I personally have no issues beating expert, and I always have randomizers to spare doing it this way. There is no energy cost, and I can auto fight all 3 lower difficulties.
  • Mrmarvel123Mrmarvel123 Posts: 60
    I do not care for this event
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    I think rewards need to be bumped. I mean the final boss of expert is double PI of everyone else and we still get 200 shards. Make it at least 300 so we get at least some incentive to complete it
  • Just for reference - I have completed LOL, fully explored Act 5 and play map 6 in AQ. I got destroyed in my first run of Modok's Lab. I had to use a team revive and power through it. I was really surprised at how much more difficult it was compared to any of the previous months daily quest. I think Kabam should take another look at it, or ramp up the rewards. I certainly want to run the event twice daily, but can't imagine spending a team revive twice daily. Hopefully, I just got bad match ups and next run will be better (yes, I used the randomizer- Kept getting Thorns, poison, bleed and other nodes that no amount of skill can overcome without the right champs (and you can't back out and replace champs))
  • DrFreakyDrFreaky Posts: 30
    Yeah, this event has proved to be worthless and will run for a whole month, really? Why don't you run a gold realm for a whole month?
  • WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    edited March 2018
    I won't even attempt it. The randomizer is very frustrating and you end up wasting gold. I really hate this event and the rewards aren't worth it imo. I stopped playing this event halfway through last time. Lazy kabam. And fix the screen jerk kabam!
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Expert is going to be real fun to do during aq and aw attack phase when all your best champs are tied up. The difficulty level really needs to be adjusted a bit.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I wouldn't call it worthless by any means. You get 500 - 5* shards a day. Over the course of a month it adds up to 1 1/2 5* champs. If you don't finish a few then you still will end up collecting enough for a 5* champ when it is done.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Are rewards increased from the last run of Modoks Lab? Because the difficulty, specifically for the expert boss, has been ramped up like a mofo.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Difficulty is increased but I would think that everyone has a better team now than they wold have had previously as well. Think that the rewards are pretty much the same as before.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    No T1A either. Doubt i'll even play this.
  • Nice game
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Hort4 wrote: »
    Difficulty is increased but I would think that everyone has a better team now than they wold have had previously as well. Think that the rewards are pretty much the same as before.

Expert boss PI is 2x higher than when it was previously run. Is your top team 2x stronger?
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Hort4 wrote: »

you forgot 2 thing:

-A: you mostly need to bring iceman or one of the robot now, thanks to the new node in 5.4.
    -B: 2 month since the last MODOK isn't enough to overhaul the whole team and even if you get new r5 4* or r4 5* most of them will stuck in war and you have to fight with what left. And I doubt that average player has 2 set of Iceman, Blade, AA
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    If you've noticed, since these Events have begun, Daily-type Events, they've become more difficult over time.

Actually, I haven't noticed that. As far as I can tell, difficulty for most difficulty tiers has been only slightly increased over time, and not consistently. The highest difficulty levels have wobbled up and down in difficulty, but they as they are intended to be the highest difficulty level its reasonable to assume that they will be the tier where higher difficulty elements will be added to the game first. But while this MODOK is slightly more difficult than the previous monthly event that had a daily repeating component, I found the Trials event to be easier than the previous MODOK. And I found that previous MODOK to be somewhat harder than the previous event. I don't see a continuous trend to increase difficulty.

I find that to be true in general, with a few exceptions over very long intervals of time (like a year or more). The lower difficulty levels stay pretty constant. The highest difficulty level aims for a very high (relatively) level of difficulty and the perceived difficulty by the players varies as a result, rather randomly up and down.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I did notice one weird oddity this morning. On my second account I was fighting a Kilmonger with both Special 1 bias and Surging Vengeance ("Uses Special Attacks in consecutive order from 1 to 3, restarting from the beginning after Special 3"). He did not behave that way: the AI operated as if he was in All or Nothing mode. Just to be sure, I didn't reroll and sent all five of my champions against him, trying to bait specials right to the part where he eventually got to three bars and special three-ed me to death. Once could be a glitch or bad luck, but five times in a row felt more like All or Nothing than just bad luck with baiting. I'm wondering if these two buffs somehow interact weirdly with each other. I don't recall that happening during the previous iteration of MODOK. Could something have changed?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Between modoks, trials, and the valor quests I think modoks is the most challenging, but also gives the best rewards, while trials were the most enjoyable. The valor quests were great as well, and of all I think they were executed the best, as you could run it multiple times even if you didn't receive rewards, just for fun.
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    edited March 2018
    Modoks lab is **** this go around. It goes from 8k team level to 20k team level for hard that's a huge difference. Fighting a thanos with 55k HP in hard mode is stupid they made it harder for the same **** rewards. He says its more yeah in expert mode. What about the others. Oh and my entries still say 1/1 I can replay them all so a bug exists. Its just more work more resources for the same rewards. Plus two great champs that were ruined by kabam a sabertooth with no bleed effect now come on guys. When you can auto fight the entire heroic mode its sad. This update was a huge disappointment. Oh and did I mention they declawed sabertooth smh.
  • KevinBolewareKevinBoleware Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    I loved this event. I was actually upset that the timer was reduced to 12 hours from 8. Then I played the new version. The difficulty was increased beyond belief. You can keep this event. If I can’t beat the hard tier, it isn’t worth playing. Requiring a 20K team for a few pitiful shards is a joke.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    edited March 2018
    First, the addition of 6star boss was unneccessary.
    Second, randomizers always gives same or worse nodes to fight on. Not worth buying any of those randomizers.
    Third, some of the fights are harder than even boss rush challenge.
    Fourth, its not worth spending units to get a single run through modok's lab. Saving units for something else is probably a better decision
    Fifth, overall experience of this modok's lab is frustrating and disappointing for most the players.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I tried 6 rolls on Expert today. Five times I got combinations of unavoidable bleeds or degens that would have killed my champs with 0 hits taken. The other time I got 3 different power gains. This is horrible. This design is unbelievably bad.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I like it but I seem to be in the minority. I've used one randomizer so far. Anyone else out there enjoying MODOK Lab?
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    The labs have demoralized me. Three labs in a row all champs in the expert lab have something to kill me without hitting me. No way to counter and not enough respins even with purchasing and doing easier labs. I feel like I am the experiment.

edit: spelling.