“just DON’T do modok’s lab” advice kinda misses the problem

13567

Comments

  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

    There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

    If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

    Lol. Thank you, wise one. Your words are incredibly helpful. Except not.
    No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.

    How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

    All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Hard content is hard.....
    Where is the problem???

    Next if they ever release something harder than LOL are people gunna complain its too hard???
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Hard content is hard.....
    Where is the problem???

    Next if they ever release something harder than LOL are people gunna complain its too hard???

    Hard content isn't supposed to be hard... I got nothing I don't grasp the complaints at all
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    I am struggling to understand how the people moaning just keep saying “it’s not that it’s difficult” or “you just don’t understand” or “no stop saying that”

    I mean, your moaning, and when others reply, you tell us your not moaning about so and so.

    It’s pathetic, like your moaning and arguing for the sake of it!

    GROW UP!!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,379 ★★★★★
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

    There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

    If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

    Lol. Thank you, wise one. Your words are incredibly helpful. Except not.
    No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.

    How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

    All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.

    That's not truth. It's a jaded assumption based on arrogance and a personal opinion.
    It is also not helping anyone.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 6,093 ★★★★★
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

    There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

    If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

    Lol. Thank you, wise one. Your words are incredibly helpful. Except not.
    No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.

    How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

    All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.

    That's not truth. It's a jaded assumption based on arrogance and a personal opinion.
    It is also not helping anyone.

    So why is what you say true?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,379 ★★★★★
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

    There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

    If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

    Lol. Thank you, wise one. Your words are incredibly helpful. Except not.
    No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.

    How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

    All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.

    That's not truth. It's a jaded assumption based on arrogance and a personal opinion.
    It is also not helping anyone.

    So why is what you say true?

    People are commenting on their own experience. Explicitly. Their own experience is just as valid as anyone else's.
    Side A: "The Difficulty is increased too much."
    Side B: "You just want things handed to you."
    Side A: "We don't want things handed to us. We're willing to work for it. The Event isn't in proportion."
    Side B: "You're just not ready for it."
    Side A: "You don't know what I can do."
    Side B: "It's supposed to be hard".
    Side A: "We know it's supposed to be hard. It was increased too much."
    Side B: "You need to get better."

    The following conversation is a synopsis of what's going on here. Side A is trying to communicate their own experience and an issue they're having. Side B is forming judgments, discrediting Side A's experience, and presuming to have the answer to their own determined problem.

    TL:DR - Just because people are saying there's a problem with how much the difficulty has increased in proportion to the actual Event itself doesn't mean they're not good enough, or that the problem is them. Stop telling people they're not good enough and disrespecting what they're trying to say. You don't agree, great. You have every right to disagree. You don't have the right to assume people aren't strong enough, put them down based on that judgment, and reduce their comments to mere whinings coming from noobs lacking skill.

    That's about all I have to say on it. My next choice of words aren't exactly appropriate for the Forum.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    As i said earlier..... i cannot do it everytime..... sometimes i can sometimes i cant..... yeah wen i find it hard i dont think rewards are worth spending a revive on.... but you know wat... i exit.... move along and come back and try again next time and hope i get better champs/buffs....
    Its hard.... who cares....
    last time was easier... so what....
    You know what.... i need to get better to be able to do it... not have kabam make it easier for me....

    So @GroundedWisdom wat about side C ???? People like me... who find it hard.... deal with it and agree i need to get better and or get better champs to do
    It...

    All i hear is please give me alot of rewards for a little effort....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,379 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    As i said earlier..... i cannot do it everytime..... sometimes i can sometimes i cant..... yeah wen i find it hard i dont think rewards are worth spending a revive on.... but you know wat... i exit.... move along and come back and try again next time and hope i get better champs/buffs....
    Its hard.... who cares....
    last time was easier... so what....
    You know what.... i need to get better to be able to do it... not have kabam make it easier for me....

    So @GroundedWisdom wat about side C ???? People like me... who find it hard.... deal with it and agree i need to get better and or get better champs to do
    It...

    All i hear is please give me alot of rewards for a little effort....

    That last line is exactly the problem here. Those words are coming from your own mind. Not once did I read someone say that in a comment on the subject. People don't want something for nothing. They want to be able to communicate the fact that they find it went too far without being belittled by people who don't have an issue.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yes, hard content is supposed to be hard. No one is disputing that. I agree that it's supposed to be hard.

    The issue that is missed is that the rewards, effort, and skill are not in line to promote an enjoyable, challenging quest. This is a game and is supposed to be fun.

    Living in a non-US timezone, I only really get the luxury of being able to play one a day. So my available rewards are automatically cut in half compared to those in the US. Then when running AW, I only have full access to my good champs every 2nd day. That leaves me with only about a quarter of the available rewards. The timing alone makes this event suck for me.

    I can beat these events. Usually get through without spending anything but have needed a couple revives if I get a bad pull (Mordo boss whooped my ass after dealing with 2x Mephisto earlier in the path).

    I loved the BP challenges. Regardless of AQ/AW participation, there was always a window you could bring your top champs to play, regardless of your timezone. They had great rewards, the difficulty was in line with what was expected.

    IMO, if the Labs were switched to a 24hr cycle and the rewards bumped by 50%, I'd be happy.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    I have an idea for kabam to make a challenge that will enable people to see just how good they are compared to others. and then we can see who is good enough and who isnt.....

    Make and impossible to beat boss..... literally impossible.... ie keeps regenong and there is no way to stop it.... so eventually everyone will die....
    You come into the challenge where everyone has to use the same average level champion with a predetermined set of masteries same for everyone.
    You get 10 chances with your longest survival time & most amount of hits sent to kabam. Once everyone has done it a leaderboard will be realease showing exactly where you stand ranked agaist other players.
    Rewards will then be given out accordingly.
    Great idea. Noone will be able to win the fight....
    Therefore there will 100% be a clear distinction between everyone even #1 and #2....
    Noone can blame the champs they have
    Or the masteries they have
    It will be a perfectly even playing field for everyone
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    For future reference, your TLDR should be shorter than your original comment.

    And there’s nothing else to really add. They changed the difficulty of only the last fight of each map. They reduced the grind by making it 12 hours instead of 8. Rewards were not increased, but 500 available 5* shards each day is still a pretty big number. You’re acting like our comments are the problem, but there is really nothing to comment on. @GroundedWisdom are you suggesting that Kabam messed up and either increased difficulty too much or should have increased the rewards?

    The basis is that Kabam set a precedent but that doesn’t always mean the next version will be equal. This is a different event occurring months later.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i'd like to see an event like that

    I think it is a fantastic idea....
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    As i said earlier..... i cannot do it everytime..... sometimes i can sometimes i cant..... yeah wen i find it hard i dont think rewards are worth spending a revive on.... but you know wat... i exit.... move along and come back and try again next time and hope i get better champs/buffs....
    Its hard.... who cares....
    last time was easier... so what....
    You know what.... i need to get better to be able to do it... not have kabam make it easier for me....

    So @GroundedWisdom wat about side C ???? People like me... who find it hard.... deal with it and agree i need to get better and or get better champs to do
    It...

    All i hear is please give me alot of rewards for a little effort....

    That last line is exactly the problem here. Those words are coming from your own mind. Not once did I read someone say that in a comment on the subject. People don't want something for nothing. They want to be able to communicate the fact that they find it went too far without being belittled by people who don't have an issue.


    U did not read wat i said.... i never said “something for nothing”.... you misread and therefore mis replied to my statement.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    All i hear is please give me alot of rewards for a little effort....
    the problem is you and others are hearing wrong.
    i admit i also missed the point at first, but i pointed it out later:
    what you should be hearing is "please give me a lot of rewards for a lot of effort"

    since later on i realized the OP was saying the difficulty went up but the rewards didn't, and was asking for BOTH of them to increase.

    I can see where you are coming from....
    But i still also fail to see the problem....
    It is what it is in my opinion...

    I see it as if i can do it with no revives then great the rewards are worth the effort.
    If i cant and need a revive the rewards are not worth it and i will not yse a revive....
    Sometimes it is really easy ie i can solo it with one champ.....
    Othertimes it is hard and i cant get past 2 ir 3 fights....
    rewards are worth it on the easy times... not worth it on the hard times... so if its easy i do it... if its hard i dont...
    And i am fine with that...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,379 ★★★★★
    I literally give up. You can't get through to people who think they have it all figured out already.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    I literally give up. You can't get through to people who think they have it all figured out already.

    Ditto
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,379 ★★★★★
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    I literally give up. You can't get through to people who think they have it all figured out already.

    Pot meet kettle, kettle meet the burned out pot.

    Jumping in to make comments about me isn't really new, or effective. It gets old after the first few times of you doing it. Either way, I could care less.
  • SteelheadSteelhead Posts: 52
    edited March 2018
    Post deleted.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,379 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    I literally give up. You can't get through to people who think they have it all figured out already.

    Ditto

    It wasn't directed at you or anyone specific, really. I'm just out of patience. This is the problem. Communication is going around in circles because people are trying to bring up an issue, and others keep trying to shut their experience down. If others don't have a problem with it, great. Step aside and let people communicate their own issues. It just turns into razzing people who have valid concerns, and it's not cool.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I am merely trying to put my point of view across amd how i feel about it just as the op did with theirs.... yes mine differs from theirs.... but i still have he right to voice my opinion and suggest that others follow suit and attmept to see it and deal with it as i do.... if only those who saw things from one side of the fence commented then there would bever be any discussion. Things would never happen in the best way... things would only happen in the way that someone originally voiced their opinion as there would be no counter, noone to offer better suggestions.
    This is an open forum where everyone has a right to voice thier own opinion not just the select few that have a shared opinion.

    And my comment ditto was merley showing that just as you are frustrated about how people see it different to you others feel the same from the otherside of the fence....
    It is a matter of opinion and open to intepreation not a black and white fact.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah dunno what’s hard to grasp about not everyone is good enough or has a good enough roster to handle all content. I’m not really ready to explore LOL but I have no problem with the master modok quests but I’m not crying that guys have ran LOL and benefited. Personally I would love to see a higher level of difficulty on modok as that’s where I’m at in the game and want content that pushes me to my limit, if I wasn’t good enough for that it would be something to work towards. I also made a concerted effort to get exploration on act5 so having a r5 champ definitely helps so maybe that’s what players who “aren’t there yet” should focus on.
This discussion has been closed.