**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Extra node added into AQ, path 7 right side [Under Investigation] [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wanted to clarify for everyone, the additional node on Path 7 of Map 5 was not added intentionally. We are currently looking into why this occurred but we can confirm that this is definitely not intended and is not an unannounced changed made to cost you more energy.

As we've stated in the past, we do not knowingly make changes to the game without communicating them. Doing so would only cause confusion and frustration and that isn't what anyone wants. Also, please keep in mind, it takes a little bit of time to confirm the existence of an error like this and to communicate it with the community. Please be patient and constructive in posting your concerns.

When we have any additional information about this situation to share, we will do so.

And, as always, even when you are frustrated, the forum rules still apply.

So what you’re saying is because this is a “bug” that affects the players it’s gonna take a while to find out why this happened/who put it there, but if it was a bug that affected your profits it would be fixed almost immediately?

Hmm, I don't see where we said that. We're working on a fix right now. These kinds of assumptions don't really help anybody, and really only make this a more hostile and aggressive space, when there really is no need.

Just saying what seems to be the truth. Whenever there is an issue such as underpriced crystals (just an example) it always seems to be fixed within minutes but we have had issues in game such as Captain Marvel’s sp2 for months that still hasn’t been fixed yet.

Fair enough, but you're comparing something that takes a couple minutes to change on the Server, to something that requires time from an Animator to realign and re-examine all of the metrics, then redo the animation to fit that, and then somebody to implement it to the character, and then into the game. It's like comparing an apple and crate of coconuts. It's very different!

We really do try to address every bug as soon as we can.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wanted to clarify for everyone, the additional node on Path 7 of Map 5 was not added intentionally. We are currently looking into why this occurred but we can confirm that this is definitely not intended and is not an unannounced changed made to cost you more energy.

As we've stated in the past, we do not knowingly make changes to the game without communicating them. Doing so would only cause confusion and frustration and that isn't what anyone wants. Also, please keep in mind, it takes a little bit of time to confirm the existence of an error like this and to communicate it with the community. Please be patient and constructive in posting your concerns.

When we have any additional information about this situation to share, we will do so.

And, as always, even when you are frustrated, the forum rules still apply.

So what you’re saying is because this is a “bug” that affects the players it’s gonna take a while to find out why this happened/who put it there, but if it was a bug that affected your profits it would be fixed almost immediately?

Hmm, I don't see where we said that. We're working on a fix right now. These kinds of assumptions don't really help anybody, and really only make this a more hostile and aggressive space, when there really is no need.

Just saying what seems to be the truth. Whenever there is an issue such as underpriced crystals (just an example) it always seems to be fixed within minutes but we have had issues in game such as Captain Marvel’s sp2 for months that still hasn’t been fixed yet.

Fair enough, but you're comparing something that takes a couple minutes to change on the Server, to something that requires time from an Animator to realign and re-examine all of the metrics, then redo the animation to fit that, and then somebody to implement it to the character, and then into the game. It's like comparing an apple and crate of coconuts. It's very different!

We really do try to address every bug as soon as we can.

So wait, by this wouldn't it mean someone had to do all that stuff to put the new node in there on purpose.

It could be part of the next AQ season where they might shorten/lengthen certain paths so that 1 extra node there wouldn't be as big a deal. Now how or why these dev changes always seem to get pushed onto live servers, I have no idea. It has happened plenty of times before though.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    I think with all these mistakes lately and total lack of transparency we were PROMISED we need compensation!

constructive criticism: one mistake is okay but several mistakes is enough to warrant compensation
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★

It definitely can happen. What it looks like happened here was that this was changed when the Sentinels were added to the Map, but only on this iteration (there are 3 iterations, one for each mini boss) of Map 5. So, this could have come up last week, or it could have come up next, but it just happened to come around this time.

Ok, now I'm beginning to think my understanding of the English language is in need of a refresh because I'm very confused.
    If this change was indeed made when the Sentinels were added to the maps, and it's possible "this could have come up last week, or it could have come up next, but it just happened to come around this time".

Hypothetically speaking if it were to have come up last week, where was the announcement about the implemented change?
    And if it were to have come up next week, when exactly was the announcement going to be made?

And lastly, from Kabam Lyras initial address to the forum members earlier, how is it possible that the aforementioned events could even take place since, "I wanted to clarify for everyone, the additional node on Path 7 of Map 5 was not added intentionally. We are currently looking into why this occurred but we can confirm that this is definitely not intended and is not an unannounced changed made to cost you more energy".

"As we've stated in the past, we do not knowingly make changes to the game without communicating them. Doing so would only cause confusion and frustration and that isn't what anyone wants. Also, please keep in mind, it takes a little bit of time to confirm the existence of an error like this and to communicate it with the community".

Like I said before, I'm seriously thinking my understanding of the English language needs an emergency refresh, because very important statements that have been made by the moderators appear to completely contradict each other and makes no sense at all.

I'd like to request another "clarification" as to what it is we are being asked to believe.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    As Miike stated, there are 3 iterations of Map 5. So no, technically this Map didn't run last week.
    It's not that uncommon for longstanding games to have ongoing issues. The problem is you'll find that people rarely note when things are resolved, at least as long as when they don't go as planned. Unfortunately, everytime something does come up, people are ready with a laundry list of all problems. We're over a year later, and we still hear about things like 12.0. Which is my whole point. If we reacted to things in proportion to the situation rather than "You broke the game with 12.0, Parry doesn't work, Pure Skill is broke, Captain Marvel has problems with her Speical, AQ is....." etc., things would be much less exaggerated. Instead, there's just a resentment built, and it's almost impossible to live up to any expectation at that point.
    It was a bug, they've acknowledged it, and explained the process. It's not really helping to scrutinize the process. Things come up when it goes live. with something such as AQ that needs to be live to test and analyze, things can happen. The game itself is on the server. From what I gather from comments, they have another server that's offline for testing, but that won't prevent all possible issues when things go live. What I'm trying to say is it can happen. People are free to voice what they want, but it's not logical to expect there to be no problems whatsoever. That's just the nature of the business. No game comes without problems. It makes logical sense that the AQ cycle of Champs can bring something else up.

This response would be valid if this aq map were going live for the first time. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply because this map has been active for months, and even the updated version ran fine last week for the full 5 days. Someone was clearly messing around and screwed something up. It's not that I expect compensation, but as a corporation they made a mistake and are basically asking our patience and forgiveness. Which again, would be totally fine if it were the first time, or even the first time recently. For whatever reason, this game has issues on a very regular basis. To say otherwise would just be antagonistic. We are promised a product that is not always delivered, and there should be a mechanism is place to balance the scale when kabam does not uphold it's end of the bargain. The customer base is certainly keeping up theirs.

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    WOK wrote: »

It definitely can happen. What it looks like happened here was that this was changed when the Sentinels were added to the Map, but only on this iteration (there are 3 iterations, one for each mini boss) of Map 5. So, this could have come up last week, or it could have come up next, but it just happened to come around this time.

Ok, now I'm beginning to think my understanding of the English language is in need of a refresh because I'm very confused.
    If this change was indeed made when the Sentinels were added to the maps, and it's possible "this could have come up last week, or it could have come up next, but it just happened to come around this time".

Hypothetically speaking if it were to have come up last week, where was the announcement about the implemented change?
    And if it were to have come up next week, when exactly was the announcement going to be made?

And lastly, from Kabam Lyras initial address to the forum members earlier, how is it possible that the aforementioned events could even take place since, "I wanted to clarify for everyone, the additional node on Path 7 of Map 5 was not added intentionally. We are currently looking into why this occurred but we can confirm that this is definitely not intended and is not an unannounced changed made to cost you more energy".

"As we've stated in the past, we do not knowingly make changes to the game without communicating them. Doing so would only cause confusion and frustration and that isn't what anyone wants. Also, please keep in mind, it takes a little bit of time to confirm the existence of an error like this and to communicate it with the community".

Like I said before, I'm seriously thinking my understanding of the English language needs an emergency refresh, because very important statements that have been made by the moderators appear to completely contradict each other and makes no sense at all.

I'd like to request another "clarification" as to what it is we are being asked to believe.

So they have 3 separate maps for map 5 with 1 unique mini boss on each. This extra node is only on the map with morning star as mini boss. The maps are semi random on which boss will appear, that's why Miike said it could of been last week or next week if the Morning star map came up then.
    In any case, it seems the Maps themselves rotate as well, not just the Champs. Meaning there are 3 preset iterations that come up. The current one had the mistaken Node.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Wolfe wrote: »
    If you guys are worried that one extra node there is gonna cause y’all not to be able to finish AQ then your alliance has bigger issues. Take a chill pill and let them fix this.

I hope I'm not mistaken, but if memory serves me correct, you're the one spearheading Mcoc knowledge in the Chinese community(I recall reading one of your posts last year asking for some support from Kabam). I'm not part of that community, but I do applaud and respect your efforts but must frown on this comment.

It's my belief that the underlying issue isn't so much about 1 added node to the map. Personally, kabam could revamp the entire game, make every quest have a fee charged in order to enter, nerf every champ on my roster, and I would accept it graciously as I could....... As long as they did it honestly and ethically and made no excuses and contradicting statements that appear to deflect responsibility for mistakes and I would hope that is the same for the majority of the players. Intentional or not, however insignificant it may seem to some, an error is an error and the paying/playing consumer base has every right to express their grievances.
    This is the same consumer base that patronize your youtube channel and seek your advice and expertise. "Your alliance has bigger issues" and "Take a chill pill" is IMO a very poor choice of words in a situation like this.
    juST4fUN wrote: »

1. Problem was noticed.
    2. Problem was voiced.
    3. Problem was acknowledged.
    4. Problem was explained.
    5. Problem is in the process of being worked on.

I find no useful validity in reinforcing the fact that there is a problem with a delitany of everything that goes wrong under the sun, other than serving as a vent.

1. Problem was noticed.
    2. Problem was voiced.
    3. Problem was acknowledged.
    4. Problem was explained.
    5. Problem is in the process of being worked on.
    6. Problem is resolved

The real problem here is 90% of the time kabam stops at point no 5.

Some things aren't resolved. No question. The problem comes when an expectation is added. It's hard for people to believe that some issues take longer when they expect the game to have no problems at all.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    Kabam says the extra node wasn’t added on purpose. They also said they would announce any changes made in the game.
    My question for
    @Kabam Miike - If a change like ml
  • Jesus. Kabam makes the mistake and yet we argue with each other day in and day out. Is it stupid and messed up?Yes. Is it inconvenient? Kinda. Is it going to make you lose AQ? It shouldn't. Do we deserve compensation? No, that doesn't seem to be a logical resolution.

That said, it is getting frustrating to tolerate the amount of mistakes we have to deal with. If this was me in my job, I'd have been fired a long time ago. Not sure why QA doesn't catch these things.
  • RiboladaRibolada Posts: 4
    Omg, so many angry kids on here crying about a node, we barely noticed it happened, while kids here want compensations and refunds xD this has made my day, especially the kid going like "Mike, you're a messenger, take my message to your superiors, cuz I'm the HOLY CUSTOMER and I'm not to be messed with", bahahaha! :'D
  • RiboladaRibolada Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    I've never seen a player base more angry about a more trivial thing, everyone usually has 4 players go right side cuz it's an hour longer than the rest of the paths when you send only 3 players, now the fourth player ate two nodes instead of one and went to sleep, I'm so amused at how much rage this has created, and majority of the posts sound like written by a 3yo "I have 1 Skittle less in my Skittles pack, this doesn't just happen, it's a conspiracy! SOMEBODY STOLE MY SKITTLE! Somebody in YOUR company! Off with his head" lol
  • @Rupta what makes you think I'm arguing with angry players/veterans? I was merely pointing out that we are arguing with each other. I am just as baffled how an extra node just shows up out of the blue. That's not my path in AQ but in my alliance that path is the last path to complete so it does hold us up. This only adds to it. But demanding compensation just doesn't seem logical. It's not like an extra fight where might die and need to use revives/pots. Its a blank node.
  • CleverNameHereCleverNameHere Posts: 34
    edited April 2018
    @Rupta Most of my posts (while not many) have been pretty critical of kabam. I too am frustrated with the never ending parade of bs and "bugs" we seem to encounter on a daily basis. Don't misunderstand, I get the main point. Belittling me when you do not seem to understand me doesn't reflect poorly on me. Your targeting of my post is amusing.

BTW, you and I are just proving my initial point that we as a community are just arguing with each other when the clear issue is kabam's lack of quality control.
  • Stephen_LynchStephen_Lynch Posts: 3
    It may only be an extra hour but if you normally take that path and stay up until you finish that line and now you have to stay up an extra hour it really sucks. Plus alliance’s members have to wait that extra hour for you to finish that line. It may not affect you because you are in a different time zone and it’s hard to sympathize when you are doing AQ at noon not late night.
  • WalshyBWalshyB Posts: 14
    why are you wasting resources on duplicating map layouts which are the same minus the miniboss? instead of just alternating those miniboss tiles on one map layout?

if you haven't noticed.. then this is the exact reason why you should do that. Bad practice.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I can confirm that no extra nodes were added to Map 6.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    How does an extra tile just get added all by itself? Does this game have a mind of its own and just does whatever it wants?

None of this is Kabam's fault.

The AI has clearly gone rogue. Fight's smarter, designs it's own content. Mods keep saying difficulty hasn't changed and I believe them. AI's become sentient.

No use arguing with Kabam anymore.

/sarcasm
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    30 minute timers please
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Next week it should be fixed if it’s a different tier boss. Guessing maybe GG. Last season tho we seen multiple weeks of the same tier boss