**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Iron man too Overpowered

Comments

• Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Usually i am with u guys but 2 days ago my luck was answerd in contest and i got 5* kill-monger out of 900 units , and let me tell u hes dope

Killmonger is broken against him, punishing a sp1 immediatly after its cast doesn't activate true strike.

AFAIK he did get true strike at IMIW release in the monthly event, now it doesn't at all, meaning either KM is bugged, or his ability to true strike was changed solely against IM, which is, lookey lookey, so convenient with its appearance in wars and GMC release.

@Kabam Miike any answer on this?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    NguyenDau wrote: »
    Any1 tested Thor against him =?
    Elektra
    Mordo /for the stun part.... more armor ups = more dmg if u reach to do sp2 on him
    Voodoo
    Magik

Im sure some will come op with a counter.
    I remember all screamed with GG and node 24 was around.. now.. ú barely see a GG anymore on that node..

That someone will be Kabam. Create problem > sell problem > Create solution > Sell solution ... rinse and repeat

marketing 101
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 67
    edited May 2018
    rwhack wrote: »
    IMIF was created to counter every AW attacker:

Quake: can’t evade...designed to mess her over

Bishop: can’t absorb energy against tech opponents. Absorbs no energy not just less. Parry gives him no charges. Bear in mind other than class disadvantage cosmic heroes get nothing on IMIF. No penalty whatsoever.

Corvus Glaive: too few Glaive charges to do any real damage after a few blocks and hits even though he has armor break.

Proxima Midnight: true accuracy too tricky to use predictably.

Iceman: no coldsnap with armor up

Any bleed champ: no bleed with armor up.

Karnak is a counter but he absolutely sucks and his true strike wears off when you’re probably gonna need it. Killmonger maybe but he can’t bleed him and you’re gonna need that true strike up and running.

I’d like to apply for the newly created position of minister of fun at Kabam. You need one. Nothing about this screams fun and lining up heroes like proxima, corvus, and bishop to be weak against this champ was the opposite of fun.

At some point making the game fun should be a priority. It’s simply is not.

Fantastic post. Thumbs up.
    IMIW is a really cleverly thought through champ, looks awesome, but is his sig ability is zero fun. Awkward, fiddly , irritating, just not fun to play against, not particularly fun to play with.
    If you're going to introduce a hated defender its a shame you did it with a character the gaming populous would actually like to play WITH, not hate.
    I feel MCOC sometimes falls back into routine, has too much effort, not enough fun, can't rely on addiction to run your game forever, please focus on some tweaks to introduce less frustration, more fun, faster fluid combat style, pulling off fun intercepts and takedowns, not waiting out timers.
    Personally I'd love only 1 new character a month but better developed and play-tested but that wont happen in the rush for new content to entice spending.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    Sound like he is a $$$$ champs for kabam i mean... he is a "godtie" defender.
    luckyly i havent faced him yet but doesnt sound fun at all..

Altho as i see it prob Proxima cud be the only true counter.. unless kabam "accidently" put in some bugs
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Usually i am with u guys but 2 days ago my luck was answerd in contest and i got 5* kill-monger out of 900 units , and let me tell u hes dope

Killmonger is broken against him, punishing a sp1 immediatly after its cast doesn't activate true strike.

AFAIK he did get true strike at IMIW release in the monthly event, now it doesn't at all, meaning either KM is bugged, or his ability to true strike was changed solely against IM, which is, lookey lookey, so convenient with its appearance in wars and GMC release.

@Kabam Miike any answer on this?

I believe KM is bugged and started a post recently on it. On many champs where you can get a dash attack in every single time after their special he just does not produce true strike. There's nothing in the ability description that indicates the window for gaining true strike is any different than the window to be able to hit them immediately after a special. It IS different though. It's bugged.
    I'd be curious how a few champs would work against new IM:

Magneto would definately get magnetism I would think
    Dr. Strange counterspell
    Yellowjacket sting
    Modok is a pretty sick attacker actually and can autoblock after being autoblock parried himself

Who are we missing that could stand a better chance or have an advantage?

I recall IMIW on uncollected quest was very difficult but I got to him with a full team and could take him out before I lost everyone. His sp1 and sp2 didn't take long to learn to evade but I did heroic and master quests first to practice.
    That was my B team but included SW, 5* Hawkeye, AA, Hype, and Magik.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I'd be curious how a few champs would work against new IM:

Magneto would definately get magnetism I would think
    Dr. Strange counterspell
    Yellowjacket sting
    Modok is a pretty sick attacker actually and can autoblock after being autoblock parried himself

Who are we missing that could stand a better chance or have an advantage?

I recall IMIW on uncollected quest was very difficult but I got to him with a full team and could take him out before I lost everyone. His sp1 and sp2 didn't take long to learn to evade but I did heroic and master quests first to practice.
    That was my B team but included SW, 5* Hawkeye, AA, Hype, and Magik.

I’m going to be taking my 5* Corvus Glaive to rank 4 and my 4* Proxima midnight to rank 5, then run them in war. I’m usually back up so that works for me. Both have true strike.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    all the other iron mans are trash. You should be grateful
    all the other iron mans are trash. You should be grateful

Nobody wants him nerfed offensively, just remove auto block parry. That would not make him trash. Why should I be grateful that kabam are trying to put BS abilities that remove skill
    @linux good suggestions
    Not sure about the modok piece (he doesn't seem to take much damage at all while blocking)
    So none of IMIW armors, power gains, etc are considered buffs that could be counter spelled by Dr. S?

Was thinking about BW also. Does she not shutdown much of his ability as far as auto-parry?
    A few others worth testing are Green Goblin, Loki, and Kingpin

I need a high rank duel target to do some testing.
    I didn't have any of the suggested champs when i beat him in uncollected quest. I remember thinking he was hard but nothing like Thanos at all and not unbeatable. Most people seem concerned about AW.
    I know thhat he wont bleed while he has armor but AA would still work as once you get a couple of neuros on him you should be able to maintain it. So ufnyou get neuros on him earlier in the foght just gotta maintain it.
    Just gunna be hard to get the neuros in the first place
    Anyone wants a duel target duel “fuelish” 4/55 IMIW
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    also just to annoy you ....vfdrof8mt2rj.png
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    The "Can trigger Parry on Autoblock" is the only part that makes him feel cheap.

Just like Medusa.

Remove that, and he's just fine. Challenging without feeling cheap.
    jdyke23 wrote: »
    he’s not OP at all like in the slightest just armour break him same way killmongers reverberation works and it stops him auto blocking ... simple

Most champions to armour break have to hit them. Hit him and you get parried. Simple.
    jdyke23 wrote: »
    he’s not OP at all like in the slightest just armour break him same way killmongers reverberation works and it stops him auto blocking ... simple

I ve tried several times with medusa and the armor passives don't alwais get erased hitting him. Seems to me like it's not coded very well atm.

That said, problem arises on nodes when he gains armor ups every x seconds. Kabam made it so any kind of armor counts towards his auto block, which is the true offender here. Else it's an obnoxious fight, but not impossible
  • AspareAspare Posts: 76
    This is being made into a bigger deal then it really is... he's not that hard to fight. Once you get down how the champion works, hes easy. Destroyed him in UC event and AW with Corvus no problem
    Aspare wrote: »
    This is being made into a bigger deal then it really is... he's not that hard to fight. Once you get down how the champion works, hes easy. Destroyed him in UC event and AW with Corvus no problem

the champ is fine, not even that hard tbh.

the problem i its interaction with certain war nodes making it way exaggerated. literally pray gods to have a lucky start or untouchable no matter what you try. Which is silly. And not a good mechanic. I thought we left luck behind for skills. IMIW requires skills, IMIW on certain nodes is just a bet, and not one you ll likely win.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited May 2018

I am sure maestro can degen him to death as well. The point is not every player going to have a Corvus especially when he is still so new. I do agree no problem because there will be a new champ that will hard counter him in the near future.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★

Yeah see he can’t parry and stun you and isnt debuff immune like he will be in AW. I watched a good fighter die 7 times to him in AW.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    How’s about Iron Fist. Is his armor break able to break IM armor, thus stopping his auto block-parry?
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    edited May 2018
    Kabam really trying to profit on Aw at the moment. Releasing new characters with autoblock that can parry you. There’s no skill that comes from it, 100% chance to parry you if he has one stack of armour which if you wait out the armour he has a 1 in 4 chance to trigger anyway. That’s like if spidey stunned you every time he evaded, and we all know how often it seems like he evades.

Just watch Kabam start releasing more champions with true strike, so they can make money off people trying desperately to counter autoblock.

And the sad thing is that people really do pay for champs to counter autoblock champions.
  • 13_Dub13_Dub Posts: 28
    Lmaooo such babies... FINALLY get a defensive hero champ and everyone runs and cry’s! I don’t hear anyone saying the new Cap is too OP with the 5 parry stack and sp2 wasting u with 50k damage??
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited May 2018
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    And to top it all off, he's not a villain. #silentbladenerf

I hope you're joking about this... lol
    edited May 2018
    The problem is simple.....
    Autoblock parry = BS
    Skilled fighters get punished and you end up not being able to attack....
    Autoblock is annoying but you can deal with it....
    But
    Get IM down to say 10% whilst you are on 100%.... autoblock, parry, combo, repeat once or twice more then cop an sp3....
    so you have suddenly go from showcasing your skill and beating a difficult champ to just straight up being ###### in the ### and demolished for not doing anything other than landing wat shojld have been a sare hit.... your skill is punished...
    Parry is supposed to be a reward for skilled fighting.... not a BS rng thing..... at this point i would rather parry removed from the game.... and that say something as i am a parry based fighter....

Something like cap with his parry stacks and insane damage are totally different cus yes it may waste you in a second but you can avoid it if you have skill.
    To avoid damage autoblock parry requires the right champ (we dont even know who that is atm) and good rng that things work in your favor

Leave the auto block.... leave everything as is.... just remove parry from it....
This discussion has been closed.