**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    still happening on my samsung s8plus with latest android os and latest version of mcoc.

its always the WORSE IN AW AND AQ but happens in now dungeons and EQ.

i HOPE all these posts and 6 pages of comments are being SERIOUSLY looked at by kabam and they are working on a fix like for next month (june 2018) because,

and in terms of my constructive criticism, the amount of time its taking to fix these things is unacceptable as a customer when the 1.1.5 revive item "exploit" got fixed in 1 WEEK!

so please for the love of GOD fix the bugs. I DONT WANT NEW CHAMPS OR MODES UNTIL THE GAME WORKs AGAIN WITHOUT BUGS AND LAG. I love this game but the time it takes to fix bugs to help players enjoy a smooth and fair game needs to CHANGE.

thx
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    All three of my champs in AW just stood there and wouldn't do anything. Wouldn't attack, wouldn't block, wouldn't do anything. Y'all once asked someone what resources they used after the game went down in the middle of their AW. I would consider my champs just standing there not doing anything in the same boat as that in the sense of it's an issue with the game. So I used a 1k team revive and 6 3k health potions. So now where's my compensation for YOUR problems kabam??
  • MarvelKeekMarvelKeek Posts: 31
    Device and Model: LG Nexus 5 & LG G6
    Device Operating System: Android 6.0.1 (Nexus 5) Android 7.0 (LG G6)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both T-Mobile LTE and wifi
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.1
    Game Mode: Story/Event Quests. AQ.
    Description of the Issue: This update causes every device I use to heat up- excessively- and quickly. It doesn't matter what mode of gameplay I'm in, though it happens fastest in AQ (after 2 fights on map 5 I have to let my device cool before continuing), the dungeons (I have to let my phone cool between rooms), and difficult content such as act 5 & Expert Thanos Trials. I don't even wanna talk about the lag this causes in the fights. It's discouraging. Additionally, when the temperature gets high enough, the background animations in conjunction with the AI animation causes the devices to completely lock up and reboot themselves.

Nonetheless, something has to be done about the device overheating. It's particularly bad this month- even on devices that are WiFi only and on which mcoc is the only app. Thanks
  • username7312username7312 Posts: 67
    -I am using a Google Pixel 2
    -The OS I'm using is Android v. 8.1.0
    -Both
    -Game version installed 18.0.0
    -It occurs in any game mode
    -Issue with my game is that specials won't connect after a combo. The AI will block too quickly or recover too quickly.
    https://youtu.be/-slDcIaFFFg
    https://youtu.be/TyjUHA3HEjc
    https://youtu.be/_FuuUmr8SZ8
    https://youtu.be/7N8A642hX-E
    https://youtu.be/KbCNOIn3fI8
    https://youtu.be/fKZGfcVK2hY
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    I have had nothing but trouble with dungeons since day 1! it sucks cause I should have been able to earn enough for a 5* or more by now. But I'm constantly plagued by maps not loading, supposed lost connections, etc. And it had really screwed my activity in dungeons up. And cause alliance member to not be willing to do dungeons grins with me lol. But suck big time. And I'm pissed.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    samsung s8+ - latest OS
    mcoc - lastest version
    modes - all
    champs - everyone single one

game lags and as a result blocks and evades and dashes are all affected negatively. cant parry and always taking combos before i can launch my special.

plz fix this
  • Yopapa3344 wrote: »
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon carrier
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Consistent issue in Alliance Quest, Alliance War (just got done playing an hour in arena with no issue, switched to war and 15 seconds into first fight I could not control my champ)
    Description of the Issue: Any champ I use in AQ ir AW same result. Unable to control my champ including holding block, evade, initiate block, dash attack. Game seems to give my champ commands as in dropping block, dashing in.
    Specific chanps I used when error occured...Magik, Voodoo, Ultron, Rogue, X23, Ghost Rider, Stark Enhanced Spiderman. Those are the one I can think of off the top of my head.

Still same device, using Cellular Data, 4bar connection.
    Time: 10:55am EST
    Could not control Magik vs Iceman.
    Special 2 would not launch, could not dash in, could not evade.
    All periodic glitches that cost me a death in war.

This is post 18.0 update, still getting the glitch.
    Game uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.
    No other apps running.
  • ArminiusArminius Posts: 12
    edited June 2018
    Device and Model: HTC One M9
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 18.1.0
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: Here we go again... Since months you are obviously not able to shut down the lagg-problem, it's even getting worse.
    Just one example: i have been fighting Blackbolt in act 5.4.2 today. the fight went really smooth (60+ hits without any problem) then out of nowhere the framerate drops close to 1(!), meaning you cant even anticipate where your opponent is standing or what the ai is doing. i immediately checked my connection and it was at 5bars (=max).

Sometimes in AQ you click on the next node to move on, the game delivers the sound of moving over the next few tiles/nodes but the avatar won't move. the only solution to get out of this is to restart the app which is realy annoying.

And once again there are buggs which you removed in older versions, e.g. starting a fight with autofight-mode enabled, the fight starts and autofight is disabled.
    I really start questioning myself, if you're using older builds of the game instead of the latest one.

I'm sick of the fact, that you're implementing new content without taking care of the problems which are already there.
    i'm playing mcoc since 3 years and i always loved playing this game, the current performance and the recuring bugs really make me think to do something better with my time.
    I don't think this is intended from your side...
    Please get your **** together!
    Thanks
  • ArminiusArminius Posts: 12
    forgot something: got the overheating issue since the last update too.
    No other apps running not even in background!
  • Device and Model: ZTE Z971
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.0
    Game Mode: Mainly arena, but it can occur anywhere
    Description of the Issue: None of the following issues have any particular set of triggers or a specific situation that causes it to occur.
    1. Random lag spikes causes combos to miss and allow the AI to intercept.
    2. The AI has adopted human-like behavior and tactics such as parrying and intercepting, which interrupts combos.
    3. The AI sometimes immediately blocks specials, even if they are in the middle of recovering.
    4. Some basic attacks fail to land, which interrupts combos.
    5. Sometimes special attacks fail to launch.
    6. Blocks sometimes drop in the middle of blocking an enemy combo.
    7. Generally, the AI has extremely fast recovery times and reaction speeds beyond human perception. Because of this, the AI seemingly "anticipates" my next move and as a result, immediately throws an attack the exact moment I begin my attack, which means the AI intercepts me.
    8. Sometimes, when using a medium attack or a series of light attacks, the character will instead use a heavy attack. Coupled with superhuman AI reaction speeds, the AI intercepts immediately.
    9. Whenever I play Quake and have her charge heavies, well timed blocks against attacking opponents do not parry.
    10. Sometimes when dashing forward, the character instead does light and medium attacks in place. Other times, dashing forward causes the character to dash backwards instead, and vice versa.
    11. The opponent can still hit you even while dashing back.
    12. The game sometimes crashes, stops responding, or otherwise close with no explanation.

13. To add on to number 4, it is the fifth hit in a five hit combo that sometimes doesn't land. Usually I do a five combo and launch a special attack. However, whenever the fifth hit doesn't land, the opponent uses this gap to block the special that I launch afterwards.
    14. Sometimes the character will stop moving, regardless of player input. Other times, it will charge a heavy and continue to charge a heavy, regardless of player input.
    15. There is so much lag that often, I have to close and restart the game back up. Even then, this is not a guaranteed fix.
  • SoloDiabloSoloDiablo Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Device and model: Lenovo A6000
    Device operating system: 5.0.2
    Cellular or Wifi: I play on wifi only
    Game version installed: 18.1.0
    Game mode: All game modes
    Description of the issue: first it was game lag when I tried to get into a fight. The music was playing but the screen got lag. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, it still got lag. Later then when I tried again I couldn't even log into the game. It was only black screen, the Marvel logo didn't even appear. Now I'm stuck with only black screen and can't log into the game. It's been half and a day. The game is very awesome and I wish to play more. Please help. Thank you so much
  • NathanparkerNathanparker Posts: 25
    edited June 2018
    I had a moto x play, this phone was from three years ago, so, I thought this might be the problem, it was lagging as hell, a lot of missing hits, so i decided to buy another phone, and to my surprise it got worst, well, it lags a lot less, and the missing hits are almost gone, you might ask how exacly is worst, well, the controls are unresponsive, I lost two of mi champs in AW thanks to this, Can you explain me how it is posible for a new phone to have a bad performance? In another post, one of the moderators said some phones might not get support because of how old they are, so what about the new phones, are they also not getting any support?

Device and model: Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus
    Device operating system: 7.1.2
    Cellular or Wifi: both
    Game version installed: 18.1.0
    Game mode: All game modes

You are killing the fun of this game, while this is still, after months, under investigation, we are the ones paying the consequences
  • Yopapa3344 wrote: »
    Yopapa3344 wrote: »
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon carrier
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Consistent issue in Alliance Quest, Alliance War (just got done playing an hour in arena with no issue, switched to war and 15 seconds into first fight I could not control my champ)
    Description of the Issue: Any champ I use in AQ ir AW same result. Unable to control my champ including holding block, evade, initiate block, dash attack. Game seems to give my champ commands as in dropping block, dashing in.
    Specific chanps I used when error occured...Magik, Voodoo, Ultron, Rogue, X23, Ghost Rider, Stark Enhanced Spiderman. Those are the one I can think of off the top of my head.

Still same device, using Cellular Data, 4bar connection.
    Time: 10:55am EST
    Could not control Magik vs Iceman.
    Special 2 would not launch, could not dash in, could not evade.
    All periodic glitches that cost me a death in war.

This is post 18.0 update, still getting the glitch.
    Game uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.
    No other apps running.

I can't even fight 1 war fight without my champs becoming unresponsive. I'm about to quit entirely because I can't enjoy this game anymore....
    I'm letting down my entire alliance, and it isnt even my fault.....
    Why @Kabam Miike why can't this be fixed....
    I will lose my entire alliance after season 2 if this keeps happening.
    Please....please.... shut the game down for however long it takes to fix this.
    I love playing this game, I have enjoyed it for years.
    It has become unplayable now.
    I cant enjoy it anymore.
    Please get this fixed

• ictict Posts: 40
    Redmi Note 5 Pro
    Android 7.1.1
    Both cellular and wifi
    Latest game version
    Every game mode
    Opponent intercepts like crazy, can't parry on time, can't finish 5 hit combos so opponent blocks my special attacks and what not! I agree with everyone who replied to this thread!
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    Device: Nokia 5, Android 7.1.1
    Game version: 18.1.0
    Game mode: Alliance War (very bad), arena (sometimes bad)
    Description: Lag!
    The screen only turn up 2 to 3 frame a second. The lag was too bad that I can't parry and got a straight hit.
  • AnmaelAnmael Posts: 65
    Device and Model: Google Pixel
    Both Wifi & Cellular data
    Android 8.1.0
    Game version :18.0
    I have often wondered if the issues were with my phone or the game. I am often having similar issues, either with lag, planted feet, or strangely enough, the game not doing what I tell it to.

I will tap/hold to parry or block and instead it will do a medium or a light, or my character will just stand there and take a shot to the face. I will swipe or tap to do a medium or a light and instead it will dash back, or again, just stand there to take a shot to the face.

It is incredibly frustrating, and is the major reason I am no longer part of any alliance. I was not willing to have to keep using resources when the game screwed me over and got tired of explaining that the fight went fine until the game stopped responding properly.

I used to play this game all the time and would spend more than I care to admit on advancement. Now I am casual at best and when the game screws me over I just walk away, because there is nothing I seem to be able to do to make the issues not recur. These issues have been going on for quite some time, but have become insane since like update 15 or so.

If i ever find a good way to film these issues to show what is going on, I will. I think one would have to film their finger movements, or at least have a program that show where the screen recognized contact while the game was being played. I currently have no idea what that program would be, though. I will probably end up rage quitting before that anyway....:)
  • LG stylo2
    Latest version on everything.

This is getting to the point of beyond frustration. After a battle 95% of the time winning the fight the game freezes and have to reboot and I lose half my health and have to redo the fight. While in wars and AQ this causes me to have to waste units and items which is not fair and needs to be resolved. Please address this issue and fix the game.why are we the users that 0lay and spend money being abused with no compensation for game bugs and problems.
  • AlexxキングAlexxキング Posts: 7
    My Redmi Note 3 Pro Never lagged now it's consistent since this new update
  • 54patriots1254patriots12 Posts: 126
    Lag for me was getting better, suddenly it's happening again. It's random at times. But most consistently seen during aq or aw

Galaxy s6, most recent updates for phone and game.
  • Har8Har8 Posts: 31
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+, Android 8.0.0
    Game version: latest
    Game mode: mostly arena, lately very often in AW too.
    Description: I had never got lag or smth like that before But it's already 7-8 days that the game is very laggy, sometimes almost unplayable. I don't know what have changed lately, but now I understand people who where complaining about it. It's awful... please do smth with this.
  • Device and Model: Samsung J7
    Device Operating System: Android Marshmallow
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular, never use wifi
    Game Version Installed: latest version within today
    Game Mode: new event quests

Description of the Issue: this is weird, previously it is not happened when playing with my device, but for this monthly event quest, I always hard to do parry (especially in master and uncollected mode), it needs 4-5 times to get successful parrying, or even worse.
    some of our alliance members also experiencing some lags when doing their quests, may be the lags caused my fail in parrying. I have no problem with the arenas I did, or AQ and AW I played. only the event quest.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited June 2018
    So how much longer is this trash going to go on?!?! This is absolutely insane!!! Did map 5 for YEARS and now can't even fight a mini boss on map3 cause everything just goes to complete trash! Can't block! Can't attack! I can't take it anymore!!! How do y'all not care about your community so much?! Really really wanna know!!! Constant problem since 4/19/2017!!!! And NOTHING!!!! HAS BEEN DONE! Over 1k comments on the last real post about this and y'all can't come up with jack?!
  • I understand forum rules are in place, but at some point we need a resolution.
    I have submitted over 10 tickets to get this resolved.

I have issues with this lag everyday, nearly every evening (5pm-12am EST)
    Could it be server overload?
    When I play early morning, I tend to be able to get a few fights in with no issues, but that isnt always the case.
    (5am-8am EST)

As previously states.
    Samsung S8+
    Data and WiFi
    No other apps active
    Screen wiped
    Power cycled
    Most up-to-date android version
    Most up-to-date game version.
  • ZenismightyZenismighty Posts: 4
    So I tried cleaning my screen, changing my tapping, but I am dropping inputs during fights and in general when using the game ui. This is pretty frustrating. I am not sure if this why I am still having issues with evading after blocking. Or my taps for 5 hit combo stop after 3 or 4 hits. It gimps my abilities in quests and wars and I dont think they should be issues at this point in the game. I am using a Samsung s9 so it's not my device as I never have issues with other apps or games.
  • AnmaelAnmael Posts: 65
    mike867 wrote: »
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Description of the Issue: The controls for special usage is sometimes unresponsive. Tapping it multiple times results in a special but more often than not a single tap or even double tap doesn't fire off the specials.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I am having this issue as well. Sometimes I hit the special button half a dozen times before I just give up and stop trying, because it just won't trigger!
This discussion has been closed.