Alliance Quest Season 5 - Kingpin's Conclave: Discussion Thread

123468

Comments

  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 659 ★★★
    I really hoped in the 30 mins timer. This strategy of focusing on full daily quests (especially now with these "stupid" AW Seasons) is ruining every ally and the fun of the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,730 ★★★★★
    I have a question about how prestige rises and falls in this new system.

    Currently, we generally have only two battle groups fill up. Occasionally, a couple people will join BG3, but not always. Because that group doesn’t get cleared, we lose a little bit of prestige.

    In the new system, we have to decide from the get-go whether to open 2 or 3 groups, as a third can’t be opened later. Choosing two automatically excludes members, which isn’t super great for our style of alliance. Say we opened 3, to have the option just in case, but no one ends up joining the third one. Does it count as a lost group that causes a loss in prestige? Or will it only go down if someone joins it?

    I hope this makes sense.

    @Cat_Murdock i think the same rules apply to that situation as they currently apply. If you are only doing 2 now a 3rd is always open and you are losing point etc.. If someone joins but doesn't complete the map. With peak milestones, prestige only increases from day to day and increases difficulty. You are going to lose tiers or anything like that. Just won't gain quicker on the milestones and rank lower. I believe I am answering it right. @Kabam Miike or @kabam Dk might be able to answer better.
  • edited August 2018
    I have a question about how prestige rises and falls in this new system.

    Currently, we generally have only two battle groups fill up. Occasionally, a couple people will join BG3, but not always. Because that group doesn’t get cleared, we lose a little bit of prestige.

    In the new system, we have to decide from the get-go whether to open 2 or 3 groups, as a third can’t be opened later. Choosing two automatically excludes members, which isn’t super great for our style of alliance. Say we opened 3, to have the option just in case, but no one ends up joining the third one. Does it count as a lost group that causes a loss in prestige? Or will it only go down if someone joins it?

    I hope this makes sense.

    Hey @Cat_Murdock

    Okay, so for the sake of giving an example, let's say, right now you run 3 Map 5s, and winning increases your prestige by 150 per BG, and losing decreases it by 100 per BG. This means that currently, you'd see a net change of +200 Prestige if the first 2 BGs win, and the last one participates but loses (150+150-100).

    Under the new system, you'd actually get +300 Prestige if you just didn't field the third BG, because they won't be able to enter and fail (150+150+0).

    You COULD have that third BG be a different Map however, which might give them a better opportunity to beat the boss and still increase your Prestige. Let's say playing Map 1 gives you +75 Prestige for a win, and -50 for a loss. If they entered and lost, you'd still be doing better than in Season 4, because you'd get 250 points (150+150-50), and if they won (which they're more likely to do on map 1) you'd be up an additional 75 Prestige (150+150+75).

    It should be a win-win scenario vs. 19.1, it just offers more options in terms of how you and your Alliance choose to structure it.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,504 ★★★★★
    Lurker wrote: »
    25-75-25 does increase the overall cost of AQ no matter how you calc the donation split (all 30 or just your bg) and worse, map 5 gold return doesn't return as much. The best example to highlight this is a group doing 5x5 currently but wanting to try 1 group of map6.

    The map 5 cost is 75% but returns 66% of what it used to and map 6 returns nothing.

    The cost is still prohibitive of trying map6.

    The total cost is as much prohibitive as it is now. They have just made it more difficult to calculate. You lose 9% of map 5 rewards in exchange of 8% lowered cost on map 6. Evens out. So, if map 6 is too expensive for you at the moment, it will be exactly as expensive to you in season 5.
  • Kabam DK wrote: »

    Hey @Cat_Murdock

    Okay, so for the sake of giving an example, let's say, right now you run 3 Map 5s, and winning increases your prestige by 150 per BG, and losing decreases it by 100 per BG. This means that currently, you'd see a net change of +200 Prestige if the first 2 BGs win, and the last one participates but loses (150+150-100).

    Under the new system, you'd actually get +300 Prestige if you just didn't field the third BG, because they won't be able to enter and fail (150+150+0).

    You COULD have that third BG be a different Map however, which might give them a better opportunity to beat the boss and still increase your Prestige. Let's say playing Map 1 gives you +75 Prestige for a win, and -50 for a loss. If they entered and lost, you'd still be doing better than in Season 4, because you'd get 250 points (150+150-50), and if they won (which they're more likely to do on map 1) you'd be up an additional 75 Prestige (150+150+75).

    It should be a win-win scenario vs. 19.1, it just offers more options in terms of how you and your Alliance choose to structure it.

    Great information, but I don't think it answered the specific question asked here.

    To rephrase: When you start aq now, as long as no one joins a particular bg you don't lose prestige from it. In the new season, if you choose to open 3 bgs will you lose prestige for a bg that no one joins?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    I have a question about how prestige rises and falls in this new system.

    Currently, we generally have only two battle groups fill up. Occasionally, a couple people will join BG3, but not always. Because that group doesn’t get cleared, we lose a little bit of prestige.

    In the new system, we have to decide from the get-go whether to open 2 or 3 groups, as a third can’t be opened later. Choosing two automatically excludes members, which isn’t super great for our style of alliance. Say we opened 3, to have the option just in case, but no one ends up joining the third one. Does it count as a lost group that causes a loss in prestige? Or will it only go down if someone joins it?

    I hope this makes sense.

    Hey @Cat_Murdock

    Okay, so for the sake of giving an example, let's say, right now you run 3 Map 5s, and winning increases your prestige by 150 per BG, and losing decreases it by 100 per BG. This means that currently, you'd see a net change of +200 Prestige if the first 2 BGs win, and the last one participates but loses (150+150-100).

    Under the new system, you'd actually get +300 Prestige if you just didn't field the third BG, because they won't be able to enter and fail (150+150+0).

    You COULD have that third BG be a different Map however, which might give them a better opportunity to beat the boss and still increase your Prestige. Let's say playing Map 1 gives you +75 Prestige for a win, and -50 for a loss. If they entered and lost, you'd still be doing better than in Season 4, because you'd get 250 points (150+150-50), and if they won (which they're more likely to do on map 1) you'd be up an additional 75 Prestige (150+150+75).

    It should be a win-win scenario vs. 19.1, it just offers more options in terms of how you and your Alliance choose to structure it.

    so whats really going to happen is you are increasing difficulty more via the daily prestige boost to make it harder even when all dont clear.
    which is bs because if one bg cant clear they will have no chance the next day with even more of an extra increase
  • Kabam DK wrote: »

    Hey @Cat_Murdock

    Okay, so for the sake of giving an example, let's say, right now you run 3 Map 5s, and winning increases your prestige by 150 per BG, and losing decreases it by 100 per BG. This means that currently, you'd see a net change of +200 Prestige if the first 2 BGs win, and the last one participates but loses (150+150-100).

    Under the new system, you'd actually get +300 Prestige if you just didn't field the third BG, because they won't be able to enter and fail (150+150+0).

    You COULD have that third BG be a different Map however, which might give them a better opportunity to beat the boss and still increase your Prestige. Let's say playing Map 1 gives you +75 Prestige for a win, and -50 for a loss. If they entered and lost, you'd still be doing better than in Season 4, because you'd get 250 points (150+150-50), and if they won (which they're more likely to do on map 1) you'd be up an additional 75 Prestige (150+150+75).

    It should be a win-win scenario vs. 19.1, it just offers more options in terms of how you and your Alliance choose to structure it.

    Great information, but I don't think it answered the specific question asked here.

    To rephrase: When you start aq now, as long as no one joins a particular bg you don't lose prestige from it. In the new season, if you choose to open 3 bgs will you lose prestige for a bg that no one joins?

    Ah, okay - thank you for clarifying the question! Yes you will lose Prestige, since you are choosing to commit to those 3 BGs at the start of each day.
  • Kabam DK wrote: »
    I have a question about how prestige rises and falls in this new system.

    Currently, we generally have only two battle groups fill up. Occasionally, a couple people will join BG3, but not always. Because that group doesn’t get cleared, we lose a little bit of prestige.

    In the new system, we have to decide from the get-go whether to open 2 or 3 groups, as a third can’t be opened later. Choosing two automatically excludes members, which isn’t super great for our style of alliance. Say we opened 3, to have the option just in case, but no one ends up joining the third one. Does it count as a lost group that causes a loss in prestige? Or will it only go down if someone joins it?

    I hope this makes sense.

    Hey @Cat_Murdock

    Okay, so for the sake of giving an example, let's say, right now you run 3 Map 5s, and winning increases your prestige by 150 per BG, and losing decreases it by 100 per BG. This means that currently, you'd see a net change of +200 Prestige if the first 2 BGs win, and the last one participates but loses (150+150-100).

    Under the new system, you'd actually get +300 Prestige if you just didn't field the third BG, because they won't be able to enter and fail (150+150+0).

    You COULD have that third BG be a different Map however, which might give them a better opportunity to beat the boss and still increase your Prestige. Let's say playing Map 1 gives you +75 Prestige for a win, and -50 for a loss. If they entered and lost, you'd still be doing better than in Season 4, because you'd get 250 points (150+150-50), and if they won (which they're more likely to do on map 1) you'd be up an additional 75 Prestige (150+150+75).

    It should be a win-win scenario vs. 19.1, it just offers more options in terms of how you and your Alliance choose to structure it.

    so whats really going to happen is you are increasing difficulty more via the daily prestige boost to make it harder even when all dont clear.
    which is bs because if one bg cant clear they will have no chance the next day with even more of an extra increase

    This is no different from how it works now... If one BG doesn't clear, it still goes up if the other 2 DO clear. It'll just go up LESS now if you run Map 1-4. Map 5 and 6 haven't changed their daily prestige modifiers.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,953 Guardian
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Lurker wrote: »
    25-75-25 does increase the overall cost of AQ no matter how you calc the donation split (all 30 or just your bg) and worse, map 5 gold return doesn't return as much. The best example to highlight this is a group doing 5x5 currently but wanting to try 1 group of map6.

    The map 5 cost is 75% but returns 66% of what it used to and map 6 returns nothing.

    The cost is still prohibitive of trying map6.

    The total cost is as much prohibitive as it is now. They have just made it more difficult to calculate. You lose 9% of map 5 rewards in exchange of 8% lowered cost on map 6. Evens out. So, if map 6 is too expensive for you at the moment, it will be exactly as expensive to you in season 5.

    The map costs are exactly the same if the alliance does the same map for all three battlegroups, which is what currently happens now. The only change is that you can theoretically try a higher map in a single battlegroup and only pay for that one BG to run it, and the cost will be slightly lower than if they charged you 1/3rd the cost of that map.
    Nothing about season 5 makes maps cheaper in absolute terms, nor is it intended to.

    I did the calculations earlier, but right now if you run Map 5 it costs you 800k gold, 175k BC, and 75k loyalty (per day). If you decide to try one Map 6 group, your costs for that day would be 1.35 million gold, 256,250 BC and 106,250 loyalty. So you would be paying about 550k gold, 81k BC, and 31k loyalty more for that one Map 6 BG. That's far better than being forced to attempt Map 6 across the board and pay 3 million gold, 500k BC, and 200k loyalty.
  • Hi I’m only new but is 3 Star Old Man Logan , 3 Star Rocket Racoon and 3 Star Winter Soilder a good team for level 7
  • IHATETHOR wrote: »
    Hi I’m only new but is 3 Star Old Man Logan , 3 Star Rocket Racoon and 3 Star Winter Soilder a good team for level 7

    Hey @IHATETHOR, this is a thread for the new Season of Alliance Quests, which you won't be able to see until you are Level 17, but from the sounds of it, you're well on your way to getting there! In case you don't know, Alliances are groups of up to 30 other Summoners who play together and earn rewards as a team! Your roster is looking pretty good for level 7 - way better than mine did! Rocket Raccoon has great damage, especially from his Special 2 Attack, while Old Man Logan can regenerate his health, and Winter Soldier can deal some good bleed damage. Keep on powering through Act 1 and the Monthly Event Quests to earn more Champions and Materials to make them more powerful, and you'll be ready for Alliance Quests in no time!
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    its too much playing back to back AQ with only a 24 hour break, its too time consuming and draining, at least give us 30 minute timers tomorrow as its last one of the season
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 522 ★★★
    This may have been asked already but I don’t feel like reading everything. Will the glory store reset early along with the quick AQ turnaround?
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 92
    Well, I like this a lot, great My only concerns is in regards to timers as the rest mentioned. I think that 30min timers with all these changes to prestige and point scaling, plus diverse map and BG setups, just makes it the next move in favor of making the experience enjoyable and rewarding. Just sharing a great idea, I don't think this would affect the meta a lot to be honest.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,354 ★★★
    This may have been asked already but I don’t feel like reading everything. Will the glory store reset early along with the quick AQ turnaround?

    If you don't feel like taking the time to read the posts from anyone, why should anyone take the time to do the work for you? Selfish much?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,133 ★★★
    So @Kabam Miike post said last season 4 round of AQ would start on 8/30/2018.

    It's 8/30/2018, and there's no countdown for this last set of S4 AQ .... did he mean 8/31/2018?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,774 ★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    So @Kabam Miike post said last season 4 round of AQ would start on 8/30/2018.

    It's 8/30/2018, and there's no countdown for this last set of S4 AQ .... did he mean 8/31/2018?

    yeah im wondering about this too. Usually we would have one by now counting down.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 396 ★★★
    Announcement post says AQ starts Aug 30th.....where is it?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    after re-reading everything thats been posted about the new AQ season I have to admit it looks awesome on paper, I cant wait to try it out when it starts
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 15
    Can we get some clarification of when Aq is starting? As others have mentioned above, there is no countdown timer in the Aq section; there usually would be by now.
    Can someone confirm when Aq is starting please? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 396 ★★★
    Countdown is there now
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Lurker wrote: »
    25-75-25 does increase the overall cost of AQ no matter how you calc the donation split (all 30 or just your bg) and worse, map 5 gold return doesn't return as much. The best example to highlight this is a group doing 5x5 currently but wanting to try 1 group of map6.

    The map 5 cost is 75% but returns 66% of what it used to and map 6 returns nothing.

    The cost is still prohibitive of trying map6.

    The total cost is as much prohibitive as it is now. They have just made it more difficult to calculate. You lose 9% of map 5 rewards in exchange of 8% lowered cost on map 6. Evens out. So, if map 6 is too expensive for you at the moment, it will be exactly as expensive to you in season 5.

    The map costs are exactly the same if the alliance does the same map for all three battlegroups, which is what currently happens now. The only change is that you can theoretically try a higher map in a single battlegroup and only pay for that one BG to run it, and the cost will be slightly lower than if they charged you 1/3rd the cost of that map.
    Nothing about season 5 makes maps cheaper in absolute terms, nor is it intended to.

    I did the calculations earlier, but right now if you run Map 5 it costs you 800k gold, 175k BC, and 75k loyalty (per day). If you decide to try one Map 6 group, your costs for that day would be 1.35 million gold, 256,250 BC and 106,250 loyalty. So you would be paying about 550k gold, 81k BC, and 31k loyalty more for that one Map 6 BG. That's far better than being forced to attempt Map 6 across the board and pay 3 million gold, 500k BC, and 200k loyalty.

    But u r counting one bg one day cost versus one day 3 bg cost ... thats apples and oranges ...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,953 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Lurker wrote: »
    25-75-25 does increase the overall cost of AQ no matter how you calc the donation split (all 30 or just your bg) and worse, map 5 gold return doesn't return as much. The best example to highlight this is a group doing 5x5 currently but wanting to try 1 group of map6.

    The map 5 cost is 75% but returns 66% of what it used to and map 6 returns nothing.

    The cost is still prohibitive of trying map6.

    The total cost is as much prohibitive as it is now. They have just made it more difficult to calculate. You lose 9% of map 5 rewards in exchange of 8% lowered cost on map 6. Evens out. So, if map 6 is too expensive for you at the moment, it will be exactly as expensive to you in season 5.

    The map costs are exactly the same if the alliance does the same map for all three battlegroups, which is what currently happens now. The only change is that you can theoretically try a higher map in a single battlegroup and only pay for that one BG to run it, and the cost will be slightly lower than if they charged you 1/3rd the cost of that map.
    Nothing about season 5 makes maps cheaper in absolute terms, nor is it intended to.

    I did the calculations earlier, but right now if you run Map 5 it costs you 800k gold, 175k BC, and 75k loyalty (per day). If you decide to try one Map 6 group, your costs for that day would be 1.35 million gold, 256,250 BC and 106,250 loyalty. So you would be paying about 550k gold, 81k BC, and 31k loyalty more for that one Map 6 BG. That's far better than being forced to attempt Map 6 across the board and pay 3 million gold, 500k BC, and 200k loyalty.

    But u r counting one bg one day cost versus one day 3 bg cost ... thats apples and oranges ...

    The actual stated developer intent of the variable cost percentage ratios is to allow alliances to try out map 5 or map 6 in a single battlegroup rather than being forced to try the map out in every group or nothing. So I'm not comparing apples to oranges, I'm comparing the choice you have now with the choice you're getting in the future, which is a relevant comparison.
  • Apologies if this has already been said but after 3 pages of reading I got bored and need to get back to the arena :smiley:
    Ok so the new series
    Firstly I wonder where the people asking for different maps for different bg’s are, personally I’ve never seen anyone ask that question, if I had a £1 for every post asking for 30 minute timers I would be the biggest whale in the game oh and as for making it less mundane please listen to the people” THE SENTINALS ARE BORING, THEY WERE ON THE DAY THEY WERE RELEASED” as for the 30 min timer the only reason you have it is so we have to keep visiting the game as often as you can make us therefore increasing the chances of us spending, that’s the only reason.
    So let’s address the new bg format
    The reasons you have given are ok I can’t really fault them BUT if you do that to Aq for those reasons then you have to do the same to aw as they are both alliance events and when you say “ alliances with different skill levels” your saying aw is tough ****! Why can’t we have each bg with a war rating based on the people in it?
    Yes I know this won’t work but you can’t make out your doing this for us when clearly your not and clearly your still not listening to what the people say.
    Lower costs
    Better rewards
    30 min timers
    Less sentinals as they are as boring as symbiods
    And more honesty from you and not these stupid reasons which everyone can see straight through.
  • edited September 2018
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »

    Hey @Cat_Murdock

    Okay, so for the sake of giving an example, let's say, right now you run 3 Map 5s, and winning increases your prestige by 150 per BG, and losing decreases it by 100 per BG. This means that currently, you'd see a net change of +200 Prestige if the first 2 BGs win, and the last one participates but loses (150+150-100).

    Under the new system, you'd actually get +300 Prestige if you just didn't field the third BG, because they won't be able to enter and fail (150+150+0).

    You COULD have that third BG be a different Map however, which might give them a better opportunity to beat the boss and still increase your Prestige. Let's say playing Map 1 gives you +75 Prestige for a win, and -50 for a loss. If they entered and lost, you'd still be doing better than in Season 4, because you'd get 250 points (150+150-50), and if they won (which they're more likely to do on map 1) you'd be up an additional 75 Prestige (150+150+75).

    It should be a win-win scenario vs. 19.1, it just offers more options in terms of how you and your Alliance choose to structure it.

    Great information, but I don't think it answered the specific question asked here.

    To rephrase: When you start aq now, as long as no one joins a particular bg you don't lose prestige from it. In the new season, if you choose to open 3 bgs will you lose prestige for a bg that no one joins?

    Ah, okay - thank you for clarifying the question! Yes you will lose Prestige, since you are choosing to commit to those 3 BGs at the start of each day.

    Yes, this is what I meant with my question. That is very disappointing news indeed.. That hurts more casually organized alliances
  • @kabam Mike
    Kabam keeps on introducing new contents/features and claims that these are being inserted into the game to make the game more enjoyable. How are we supposed to enjoy the game if there is no way to earn valuable game commodities, such as gold, other than breaking our banks??? What happened to the gold quest events? Is there going to be one held in the near future?
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 40
    I got bored of same map.
    plz randomize map.

    Are player doing the same map permanently?
  • Please replace t2 alpha frags with basic cat frags in map5 crystal, only high tier alliances are getting map6 crystals, do some good things for low tiers
  • zeustarzeustar Posts: 67
    Can we get the new maps! Map 5 to be precise.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,398 ★★★★★
    ifi163 wrote: »
    Please replace t2 alpha frags with basic cat frags in map5 crystal, only high tier alliances are getting map6 crystals, do some good things for low tiers

    Map 5 crystals don't have t2 alpha frags.
Sign In or Register to comment.