**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

[Android] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 20.0 version of the game only. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• IGN Itß Vërüñë
    Blue studio 5+5
    Android version 5.1
    WiFi
    The issues is in the danger rooms when the fight starts the game lags I I instantly loses and I've use over 15 revives team/single and health potions and while I am in a fight the games crashes and cause my phone to over heat and plus the battery is going down in 10 min of the game
    Version 20.0.0
  • Device and Model: Lg G7 thin
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.0
    Game Mode: everything from opening crystals to very choppy fighting.
    Description of the Issue: its just very laggy. It doesnt freeze and it doesnt dc me. Its just very fast pauses that start almost as soon as they finish. Please help. I got a new phone the lg g7 thinQ. I never had problems with my lg g5 n the game and id hate to not be able to play anymore due to technical issues.
  • AkkiiAkkii Posts: 4
    Same issues in my new LG G7. Game is playing just in all slow motion.
    If anyone finds out a solution plz post.
  • AkkiiAkkii Posts: 4
    Device and Model: Lg G7+ thinq
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Everything from opening crystals to fighting in every mode.
    Description of the Issue: The game is like running in slow motion. Everything is like a recap. Can't fight, evade parry or anything.
    The phone is brand new and 6GB RAM. Internet speed is good fights open swiftly but runs in slow mo.
  • ReynoldoReynoldo Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: Reynoldo7
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi (have not tested cellular)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights.
  • Lex34jnLex34jn Posts: 9
    edited September 2018
    Nick - lex34jn
    Moto X Play
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939
    Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53
    Adreno 405
    2GB
    Game locking a lot and closing alone.
    I lost several fights because of the errors, I can not continue in the arenas and other events because I'm losing fights when the game crashes.
  • Same issue here my phone is Xiaomi Mi Redmi 4 overheating and very slow after 20.0 update I can’t play arena and not open the crystal in this condition I will probably damage the phone .
    Also I’m losing 5% to 6% battery for every fight in AQ (around 2 minuets/fight).
    When the phone starts to get really hot none of the phone functions are working ( volume buttons,home button,on and off button) I have to force restart the game to exit to home screen.
    All the other apps are working normal,only MCOC app having this issue after I updated the game.
  • Same issue here my phone is Xiaomi Mi Redmi 4 overheating and very slow after 20.0 update I can’t play arena and not open the crystal in this condition I will probably damage the phone .
    Also I’m losing 5% to 6% battery for every fight in AQ (around 2 minuets/fight).
    When the phone starts to get really hot none of the phone functions are working ( volume buttons,home button,on and off button) I have to force restart the game to exit to home screen.
    All the other apps are working normal,only MCOC app having this issue after I updated the game.
  • Android 9 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab

All the same issues. Danger Room keeps crashing. If anything, it's worse than before 20.0.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    4s1tkzsdnzpm.png
    ZTE Blade Spark, unresponsive controls and horrible lag. Cannot play game. Also horrible lag in the LG Stylo3.
    In game name is Ahitlaw
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Name:Welderofortune
    Phone: LG Fortune
    Wifi
    Issues I've been having is the game slows to a crawl when traveling from fight to fight and lack of contention pop up appears almost all the time.
  • In-Game Name: nastynupe69
    Device and Model: Galaxy S5 Active
    Device Operating System: 5.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Wi-Fi and ATT Wireless
    Game Version Installed: Version 20.0.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. (ALL OF THE ABOVE)
    Description of the Issue: During game play, the game lags. The characters are slow to display. The fighting sequences are slow and choppy. Really bad lag speed.
  • Summoner name - RockHard~1
    Device - nubia z11
    Connection - cellular data
    Game version - 20.0
    Android version - 6
    The game lags a lot after updating to 20.0 also My ally members have same issue.
    I experienced a lot in quickmatch...if the lags come due to network then a loading symbol will appear but the loading icon dosent appear when the game lags for me.
  • Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    In-game Name: Enigma50
    Device and model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
    Game Mode: Story Quest, Event Quest
    Description: Lag is certainly not consistent, but the following occurrences are the most common for me:
    1) When the defender dashes in towards me, the game would stop for a split second, not allowing me to block. This has happened most recently vs Rhino, the boss of the first map quest in the monthly event quest. It happened frequently in story mode act 5.
    2) At the beginning of the fight, right after the attacker and the defender run toward each others, the game would stop for a split second, not allowing me to block or parry.
    I hope you guys are working on it.
  • ClipClip Posts: 7
    edited September 2018
    I have problems on going on the crystal vaults every time I go to it my game freezes and I'm forced to restart it. I've also experienced some sort of freezing during fights

My phone is and android galaxy J3 emerge and I have the latest updated of the game and the phone's up-to-date

In game name (The Clip)
  • Same as the girl above
  • In-Game Name: InsidousReign
    Device and Model:Galaxy S2
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Mostly the game crashes without warning. I am down to half a champion aq because it crashed 4 times. It crashes when selecting champs for questing. It crashes after 4 or arena fights though the screen usually pixelates before crashing
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    IGN : TROY ELRIC
    REDMI NOTE 5
    MIUI 9.6 Stable , Android 7.1.2 N2G47H
    Data and wifi

Load screen lags for more than 5 mins. 2) Lags during fights with no observable pattern 3) game lags every time the following occurs : dormamu l2, sentinal l2, iceman l2, whenever modok moves too.much on screen / dashes and stuff. Occasional Dex/dodge Back failure. Occassional speed up of game to insane fps which gets back to normal quickly . But speed up or down it still throws off ur rhythm .
    Version 19.1 . Now it is 20.0. 0.
    Thank you
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    Ign: gino1290
    Samsungs8
    V9.5
    Update 20.0
    Sprint is my carrier
    Every single game mode
    Multiple issues, on the 5th hit of my 5 hit combo i freeze and am instantly getting hit(aq is really bad) my attack pauses mid combo and my opponent gets off a special attack!!! If an opponent throws a special(especially beam attacks) im frozen when i try and charge forward i punch mid air and then get punished!!! I charge and dash backwards or pull back to block and i rush into an attack ( and NO IM NOT FIGHTING EMMA FROST) basically my controls are messed up ,ive submitted these problems with 19.0 and 19.1(which fixed iPhone problems) and have pretty much been ignored like its something ive done wrong!!! If u cant fix these problems just admit it so we can all quit!!
  • NVIDIA K1 TABLET,LATEST ANDROID,LATEST GAME UPDATE. CONSTANT CRASHING,LAGGING ETC.... GAME MENUS ARE THE WORST,NOT EVEN ATTEMPTING UNCOLLECTED UNTIL ITS SORTED. KEEPING MY MONEY FOR XBOX INSTEAD. ;)
  • JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    In-Game Name: JozielPN
    Device and Model: Xperia Z Ultra C6843
    Device Operating System: 5.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: I only use WiFi.
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Crystals vault, Stash.
    Description of the Issue: Since I updated the game to 20.0.0 there has been lags at the start of the fights, when rolling the champions and items at the stash, when opening crystals and when moving on quests. Also sometimes some champions models shows up in the middle of the screen, see the images below.
    ouk6guntm5zu.png
    ttbc2c0vivby.png
    opuu1kprzjfm.png
    fu78rbpy8xv0.png
    s0h4x3e8tq9j.png

• Tag Vampirexlord123 device, Samsung galaxy core prevails with 4.4.4 Android updates latest version 20.1 with WiFi full bars. Game modes affected, all of them. Fighting starts choppy for about 30 seconds or fine, then gets choppy. Makes playing very frustrating when taking damage you can easily avoid & discourages me from playing.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 167
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: DDubbya
    Device and Model: Moto z2 force
    Device Operating System: 8.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both, Verizon
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it not fun to attempt content. Lag/choppiness caused me to inadvertently buy a crystal today, so I'm about ready to stay away as much as possible.
  • RolandasRolandas Posts: 16
    edited September 2018
    Name: rolandas
    Device: xiaomi redmi note 5
    System: 8.1.0
    Game Version: 20.0.1
    Wifi
    Game mode: arena, event quest, war, alliance quest, crystals
    Description of the issue: lagging everywhere
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Moto E4 plus
    Android
    Cellular Data
    Darkstar4387
    Version 20.0

I've been having major issues since 20.0 and some other updates were released, issues like these.

1. Slowdowns.
    2. Lag in the beginning of the fight.
    3. Extreme lag and stalls when trying to open crystals, freezes, champion portrait disappearers so does energy information which persists even after navigating away from the game.
    4. Getting disconnected when moving to other apps.
    5. Crashing
    6. Network connection issues
    7. Slow movement when navigating maps
    8. Long loading times when checking champions, portrait of champions load slow, when checking them and switching between them it has a small spinning circle for a but before they load and slowdowns when scrolling down champions
    9. Slow loading on home screen
    10. Slow start up
    11. Champions refusing to move properly
    12. Getting specials blocked at alarming clip
    13. Other champions still appearing in information screen

And much more since 20.0, was working fine for the most part but since the last updates it's slowed to a crawl and I know it is not my phone since everything else is working perfectly fine including other more demanding gsmes like pubg with almost no issues.

Honestly you guys really need to get it together and actually fix the game and your servers before other players and I just decide that this game just isn't worth it anymore and are getting tired of all these bugs and issues that plague this game that either never get fixed or they take a extremely long time to do so.

I miss the days prior to 12.0 where they game was farily stable and they activily fixed bugs and gave us compansation when there were issues and let's face it the overall gameplay and has declined a lot since then.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    0d95r50eb7h9.png ZTE Blade Spark
    In game name- Ahitlaw
    Horrible Unresponsive controls, horrible lag
    Wife has an LG Stylo 3- extreme lag. Her in game is Mandielou
  • In-Game Name: pooldead1725
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
    Device Operating System: 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: After about 4 or 5 fights the game has a lot of lag during the fighting and it starts to get extremely hot to such an extent that I have to close the application, wait for it to cool down and go back to start the game and so most of the time
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Device: ZTE blade v7
    Android 6.0
    The game lags when opening crystals, moving in quests and viewing my roster and at the start of fights
    Ign: rogue217
This discussion has been closed.