WHY NO Rank Down Tickets for MYSTIC CHAMPIONS???

13

Comments

  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Yeah and the forum is where players come to air their grievances with how the game evolves. Once again they let a broken concept linger for way too long and players were forced to adapt to it and then they pull the rug out. It’s a trashy way to treat people considering how ridiculous the asking price is on rank up materials, AGs and GMCs. You would think eventually the company would entertain a business model that doesn't cause the majority of the player base feeing screwed time and time again, it doesn't have to always be like this.

    Players wouldn't be as upset if there were more in-game opportunities to earn resources like AGs and T2ACs. T5BCs being a bottleneck resource isn't a problem, ranking up 5*s to r5 shouldn't be easy. 6*s have been out for close to a year and we still have 3 sources of earning 5* awakening gems through Act 5.3-5.4 and LOL.

    Again, Kabam Miike said in May that Infinity Dungeons went through the development process for close to a year. The upcoming season of Alliance Quest was mentioned being developed multiple times the past few months before an announcement on its release data was given. More of a heads up about the MD/dexterity beta testing could've helped ease that current situation. See Miike's statement on the MCOC content development process here:

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/406390#Comment_406390
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,531 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    MD should have been balanced over a year ago, not way after guys invested t5b in mystic defenders and counters. The absolute worst part about mcoc is how long they let broken concepts fester and how unapologetic they are to the permanent decisions players have to live with when they flip the script. And for the record Mordo and Dorm have been nerfed and they didn’t get RDTs and now this MD nerf which is a direct nerf to about 6 defenders it was seemingly created for to be elite defenders.

    If they chose to do it a year ago, people would have still reacted to it. They didn't have any plans to do so, until they decided to look at it. The fact is, they're the ones designing the game.

    Yeah and the forum is where players come to air their grievances with how the game evolves. Once again they let a broken concept linger for way too long and players were forced to adapt to it and then they pull the rug out. It’s a trashy way to treat people considering how ridiculous the asking price is on rank up materials, AGs and GMCs. You would think eventually the company would entertain a business model that doesn't cause the majority of the player base feeing screwed time and time again, it doesn't have to always be like this.

    It's been as-is for years. I don't equate that to pulling the rug out from anyone. It also wasn't broken. Nor did they say it was. The game has evolved and shifted. It didn't come out of thin air. People have been asking adamantly, and they gave enough notice. I'm afraid it does have to be like this. The game will have to change to survive and grow.
  • Good
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,182 ★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    If you brought a car for the sole purpose that it can go 100mph and that was the selling point it was sold to you on. But then got it home an the speed was capped at 50 you think thats ok for a company to do?

    Or you buy a dvr recorder because it has 200 hours record space bit get it home to find it only has 100 you wouldnt complain and expect a refund or some sort of compensation?

    Exactly!


    That's what I've been saying, but there are others who keep saying, "This is Kabam's game. They can do with it what they want"....

  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 1,674 ★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its not a tiny percent of her value on defence. Its the thing that makes her get kills really. Same with dorm

    not of her value of defense, of her overall value

    But people ranked her solely for defence mate.

    sure, and people rank blade for defense. Doesn't mean that's where the value is

    Who ranked a blade for defense?

    actually i would say blade is probably a better defender then MS at this point in the game. But both are far better offensive champs then defensive

    He's a good defender... but nobody (or at least 99% of ppl) got blade, duped him, and said "oh man I'm gonna r4/5 him to throw on defense". Yet they have done that with mystics over and over bc of md.

    i'm not talking about mystics, i'm talking about MS. She is an offensive champ (for anyone who knows anything). We have had people 5/65 blade for defense also, more then for MS (i took her up for offense obviously)
  • I have Dormamu among other mystic defenders. I believe that MD was undermining the balance of the battlefield for the same reason that was informed that those who do not like the new MD will be compensated by the expenses with the Mastery. It's not something that involves the Champions themselves.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 995
    ISHLORD wrote: »
    It matters for those who spent T5B to Rank 5 Mystic Defenders

    If people spent the highest Resources in the game and Ranked for War Defense only, that's on them. War is always changing. So is the game. New Champs are introduced each month, and there's no guarantee that a strategy will work indefinitely. Besides, MD was changed. Not the Champs themselves.

    EXACTLY
  • Md has so many counters now that is was actually balanced. Minis wouldnt get u kills no more because people prepare for them as they know whats there. So now its main use on defence is to catch people off guard with smart placement.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,182 ★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its a class specific mastery how does it not affect champs? The game is one big tree and one thing usually directly effects another. Same goes for deep wounds with bleed champs. All these things play a major role in peoples decisions on what to use resources on. Back in the day it aint a prob because i buy the game and thats it. What they do is introduce things that cost a hell of alot of money. Some people spend crazy amounts on things specifically for these reasons.
    The worst part is that whenever there is an initial problem with stuff the players loterally point it out within hours with a simple simple fix.when md really affected war the players told them straight away and gave the simple fix of taking off the crit boost from level 1 dex. No other comapny in the workd addresses issues a year or 2 after they are brought up. And im the meantime shove out their deals and watch people use them on sathing that has been questioned a million times. Its a seriously underhanded way of doing business and it really blows my mind when people excuse them like they shouldnt have to act like all companies do.
    They have literally just tried to do it again with diversity. The priblems with scoring and diversity was instantly pointed out kabam done their usual pig headed thing and ignored all these faults people pointed out and continued tweaking and ruining war rather then just say we nade a mistake and will put back and work on something else. Instead they drag it on and on and then after people have accepted their stupid decisions and tried to make the best of it and rank up diverse champs they send out a message saying we are getting rid of diversity because they could address the problems like we told them months and momths ago


    LOL. Just like Pure Skill. How long have people complained about that...

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,531 ★★★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its a class specific mastery how does it not affect champs? The game is one big tree and one thing usually directly effects another. Same goes for deep wounds with bleed champs. All these things play a major role in peoples decisions on what to use resources on. Back in the day it aint a prob because i buy the game and thats it. What they do is introduce things that cost a hell of alot of money. Some people spend crazy amounts on things specifically for these reasons.
    The worst part is that whenever there is an initial problem with stuff the players loterally point it out within hours with a simple simple fix.when md really affected war the players told them straight away and gave the simple fix of taking off the crit boost from level 1 dex. No other comapny in the workd addresses issues a year or 2 after they are brought up. And im the meantime shove out their deals and watch people use them on sathing that has been questioned a million times. Its a seriously underhanded way of doing business and it really blows my mind when people excuse them like they shouldnt have to act like all companies do.
    They have literally just tried to do it again with diversity. The priblems with scoring and diversity was instantly pointed out kabam done their usual pig headed thing and ignored all these faults people pointed out and continued tweaking and ruining war rather then just say we nade a mistake and will put back and work on something else. Instead they drag it on and on and then after people have accepted their stupid decisions and tried to make the best of it and rank up diverse champs they send out a message saying we are getting rid of diversity because they could address the problems like we told them months and momths ago


    LOL. Just like Pure Skill. How long have people complained about that...

    That will be looked at after MD. Inevitably, people will complain then as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,531 ★★★★★
    I honestly wouldn't mind if Kabam gave out Rank Downs, as it seems to be one of the few times Rank Downs could be owed to us. Only problem is, players cry for Rank Downs at EVERYTHING. For example...

    We Need RDTs for Emergency Maintenance
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/80501/rank-down-tickets

    We Need RDTs for Summoner Appreciation
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4427/rank-down-tickets-for-summoner-appreciation-event

    We Need RDTs Every Year Because the Game Changes
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/93716/rank-down-tickets-every-year-with-meta-change

    We Need RDTs Because 6 Stars Are in the Game. (Yes, a post like this actually exists)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/51527/rank-down-tickets/p1

    If Kabam gave out RDTs now, it would throw gas on the RDT Fire. If we didn't have such a whiny player base, it would be a different story. But unfortunately, thats not the case.

    That's the one thing I regret about Christmas.
  • LightZenithLightZenith Posts: 24
    edited September 2018
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its not a tiny percent of her value on defence. Its the thing that makes her get kills really. Same with dorm

    not of her value of defense, of her overall value

    But people ranked her solely for defence mate.

    sure, and people rank blade for defense. Doesn't mean that's where the value is

    Who ranked a blade for defense?

    actually i would say blade is probably a better defender then MS at this point in the game. But both are far better offensive champs then defensive

    He's a good defender... but nobody (or at least 99% of ppl) got blade, duped him, and said "oh man I'm gonna r4/5 him to throw on defense". Yet they have done that with mystics over and over bc of md.

    i'm not talking about mystics, i'm talking about MS. She is an offensive champ (for anyone who knows anything). We have had people 5/65 blade for defense also, more then for MS (i took her up for offense obviously)

    Blade is usually placed on defense for a few reasons... Either you have better attackers or he doesn't work well on a specific lane of attack. He works well on both sides imo, depending on what you're facing.

    Ms had her time not very long ago as one of the better defenders. I love using her on offense (outside of her hop. God I hate her hop). But she gave people problems. Needing a blade or a bleed immune or better skills with Magik and the right boosts/masteries and so on made her somewhat tricky. But she also had the best class specific mastery in the game on her side. Blade doesn't have that. The bottom line is specials can kill you fast if you screw up and md helps specials. Simple.

    It's really ridiculous that we've basically come down to arguing about a class specific mastery that almost everyone either uses or wants to use with their mystics.

    The fact is, it was a value add for Champions and because of that, people invested in it. And because they invested in the mastery, they also invested in the champs that went with it. The two are linked. By kabam. Not by players. Players didn't rank md and then choose to apply it to mystics above other classes. They saw the value in md, it influenced their rank decisions as it increased the value of that particular class of champs. That's an undeniable truth despite any player's belief in who is a better defender. Tbh, MD is a complete necessity if you're going to place mystics. Ruining it's abilities on defense also devalues mystic Champions. There's no logical argument to refute that.

    This.

    Some of the comments here suggest that people think the matter is so simple that it's just an issue with the mastery. In reality, mystic dispersion and mystic champs are not isolated at all when people make rank up decisions. My heart really goes out to people who have ranked up mystic defenders such as Dormmamuss, Mephistos, Juggernauts, MorningStars etc
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 533 ★★★
    MD was balanced by champs that countered mystics, there's been a lot of them recently. A year ago people would have liked this change but now it wasn't needed. All it did was weaken champs that had solid counters now. Honestly I wish they would have spent all that time working on MD for fixing real problems like overheating or lag or many other problems. Used to see posts constantly about MD and how it was to powerful on defense but recently we've only seen a few over the past few months... I understand why people are upset because it does affect how good certain champs will be on defense, to what extent I'm not sure yet.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 1,674 ★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its not a tiny percent of her value on defence. Its the thing that makes her get kills really. Same with dorm

    not of her value of defense, of her overall value

    But people ranked her solely for defence mate.

    sure, and people rank blade for defense. Doesn't mean that's where the value is

    Who ranked a blade for defense?

    actually i would say blade is probably a better defender then MS at this point in the game. But both are far better offensive champs then defensive

    He's a good defender... but nobody (or at least 99% of ppl) got blade, duped him, and said "oh man I'm gonna r4/5 him to throw on defense". Yet they have done that with mystics over and over bc of md.

    i'm not talking about mystics, i'm talking about MS. She is an offensive champ (for anyone who knows anything). We have had people 5/65 blade for defense also, more then for MS (i took her up for offense obviously)

    Blade is usually placed on defense for a few reasons... Either you have better attackers or he doesn't work well on a specific lane of attack. He works well on both sides imo, depending on what you're facing.

    Ms had her time not very long ago as one of the better defenders. I love using her on offense (outside of her hop. God I hate her hop). But she gave people problems. Needing a blade or a bleed immune or better skills with Magik and the right boosts/masteries and so on made her somewhat tricky. But she also had the best class specific mastery in the game on her side. Blade doesn't have that. The bottom line is specials can kill you fast if you screw up and md helps specials. Simple.

    It's really ridiculous that we've basically come down to arguing about a class specific mastery that almost everyone either uses or wants to use with their mystics.

    The fact is, it was a value add for Champions and because of that, people invested in it. And because they invested in the mastery, they also invested in the champs that went with it. The two are linked. By kabam. Not by players. Players didn't rank md and then choose to apply it to mystics above other classes. They saw the value in md, it influenced their rank decisions as it increased the value of that particular class of champs. That's an undeniable truth despite any player's belief in who is a better defender. Tbh, MD is a complete necessity if you're going to place mystics. Ruining it's abilities on defense also devalues mystic Champions. There's no logical argument to refute that.

    This.

    Some of the comments here suggest that people think the matter is so simple that it's just an issue with the mastery. In reality, the mystic dispersion and mystic champs are not isolated at all when people make rank up decisions. My heart really goes out to people who have ranked up mystic defenders such as Dormmamuss, Mephistos, Juggernauts, MorningStars etc

    I have a 5/65 MS. You know who the last champ on my roster that i'd rank down? My 5/65 MS
  • LightZenithLightZenith Posts: 24
    edited September 2018
    danielmath wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its not a tiny percent of her value on defence. Its the thing that makes her get kills really. Same with dorm

    not of her value of defense, of her overall value

    But people ranked her solely for defence mate.

    sure, and people rank blade for defense. Doesn't mean that's where the value is

    Who ranked a blade for defense?

    actually i would say blade is probably a better defender then MS at this point in the game. But both are far better offensive champs then defensive

    He's a good defender... but nobody (or at least 99% of ppl) got blade, duped him, and said "oh man I'm gonna r4/5 him to throw on defense". Yet they have done that with mystics over and over bc of md.

    i'm not talking about mystics, i'm talking about MS. She is an offensive champ (for anyone who knows anything). We have had people 5/65 blade for defense also, more then for MS (i took her up for offense obviously)

    Blade is usually placed on defense for a few reasons... Either you have better attackers or he doesn't work well on a specific lane of attack. He works well on both sides imo, depending on what you're facing.

    Ms had her time not very long ago as one of the better defenders. I love using her on offense (outside of her hop. God I hate her hop). But she gave people problems. Needing a blade or a bleed immune or better skills with Magik and the right boosts/masteries and so on made her somewhat tricky. But she also had the best class specific mastery in the game on her side. Blade doesn't have that. The bottom line is specials can kill you fast if you screw up and md helps specials. Simple.

    It's really ridiculous that we've basically come down to arguing about a class specific mastery that almost everyone either uses or wants to use with their mystics.

    The fact is, it was a value add for Champions and because of that, people invested in it. And because they invested in the mastery, they also invested in the champs that went with it. The two are linked. By kabam. Not by players. Players didn't rank md and then choose to apply it to mystics above other classes. They saw the value in md, it influenced their rank decisions as it increased the value of that particular class of champs. That's an undeniable truth despite any player's belief in who is a better defender. Tbh, MD is a complete necessity if you're going to place mystics. Ruining it's abilities on defense also devalues mystic Champions. There's no logical argument to refute that.

    This.

    Some of the comments here suggest that people think the matter is so simple that it's just an issue with the mastery. In reality, the mystic dispersion and mystic champs are not isolated at all when people make rank up decisions. My heart really goes out to people who have ranked up mystic defenders such as Dormmamuss, Mephistos, Juggernauts, MorningStars etc

    I have a 5/65 MS. You know who the last champ on my roster that i'd rank down? My 5/65 MS

    That's up to you really.

    In fact I think that if they were to provide mystic-rank down tickets, because of people like you, they should make a "sign me up" list to get these tickets. After which Kabam will populate the list and provide the tickets to people who have signed up, with an expiry date.

    There, you won't need to worry about getting the rank down tickets anymore since you will not be signing up.
  • danielmath wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Its not a tiny percent of her value on defence. Its the thing that makes her get kills really. Same with dorm

    not of her value of defense, of her overall value

    But people ranked her solely for defence mate.

    sure, and people rank blade for defense. Doesn't mean that's where the value is

    Who ranked a blade for defense?

    actually i would say blade is probably a better defender then MS at this point in the game. But both are far better offensive champs then defensive

    He's a good defender... but nobody (or at least 99% of ppl) got blade, duped him, and said "oh man I'm gonna r4/5 him to throw on defense". Yet they have done that with mystics over and over bc of md.

    i'm not talking about mystics, i'm talking about MS. She is an offensive champ (for anyone who knows anything). We have had people 5/65 blade for defense also, more then for MS (i took her up for offense obviously)

    Blade is usually placed on defense for a few reasons... Either you have better attackers or he doesn't work well on a specific lane of attack. He works well on both sides imo, depending on what you're facing.

    Ms had her time not very long ago as one of the better defenders. I love using her on offense (outside of her hop. God I hate her hop). But she gave people problems. Needing a blade or a bleed immune or better skills with Magik and the right boosts/masteries and so on made her somewhat tricky. But she also had the best class specific mastery in the game on her side. Blade doesn't have that. The bottom line is specials can kill you fast if you screw up and md helps specials. Simple.

    It's really ridiculous that we've basically come down to arguing about a class specific mastery that almost everyone either uses or wants to use with their mystics.

    The fact is, it was a value add for Champions and because of that, people invested in it. And because they invested in the mastery, they also invested in the champs that went with it. The two are linked. By kabam. Not by players. Players didn't rank md and then choose to apply it to mystics above other classes. They saw the value in md, it influenced their rank decisions as it increased the value of that particular class of champs. That's an undeniable truth despite any player's belief in who is a better defender. Tbh, MD is a complete necessity if you're going to place mystics. Ruining it's abilities on defense also devalues mystic Champions. There's no logical argument to refute that.

    This.

    Some of the comments here suggest that people think the matter is so simple that it's just an issue with the mastery. In reality, the mystic dispersion and mystic champs are not isolated at all when people make rank up decisions. My heart really goes out to people who have ranked up mystic defenders such as Dormmamuss, Mephistos, Juggernauts, MorningStars etc

    I have a 5/65 MS. You know who the last champ on my roster that i'd rank down? My 5/65 MS

    And that proves what exactly?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »

    And that proves what exactly?

    This comment being flagged is why players don’t get taken seriously. Ask a question and someone gets triggered smh.

    @chunkyb thanks for explaining many players’ position on the MD nerf
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    edited September 2018
    I agree about rank down tickets tbh but some sort of compensation as a gesture really has to be thought of when making huge changes.
  • Sweatlip wrote: »
    If you brought a car for the sole purpose that it can go 100mph and that was the selling point it was sold to you on. But then got it home an the speed was capped at 50 you think thats ok for a company to do?

    Or you buy a dvr recorder because it has 200 hours record space bit get it home to find it only has 100 you wouldnt complain and expect a refund or some sort of compensation?

    Excellent analogies
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,531 ★★★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    If you brought a car for the sole purpose that it can go 100mph and that was the selling point it was sold to you on. But then got it home an the speed was capped at 50 you think thats ok for a company to do?

    Or you buy a dvr recorder because it has 200 hours record space bit get it home to find it only has 100 you wouldnt complain and expect a refund or some sort of compensation?

    Excellent analogies

    Except the car isn't designed to reach that speed. It has to use Nitro to get there.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 399 ★★★
    Im sorry but at the end of the day.. YOU are the person who decided to r5 a champ for war defence, the game changes over time, Most people chose to r5 an offensive champ, some chose defensive, but there shouldnt be RDT issued because of this! it was a bug that people got used to and they then fixed, similar to when you could do a heavy attack into a special but you can't anymore! RDT should never have been issued into the game! It causes imbalance and it isn't right! You chose to r5 that champ for defence.... if everyone could just undo their mistakes it would be pointless upgrading...
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 651 ★★★
    I’m sorry this doesn’t deserve rank down tickets. Mystic wars have been dead for a while. I have md at 4 will probably keep it as it has more value for me offensively then defensively. With the release of so many counters for mystic champs I don’t know why anybody would have r5 a mystic champ strictly for war defense. Had this change happened a year ago I could see rdt as being a option. IMO I don’t see this as being a very significant change at all. So far offensively I really can’t tell the difference.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Are you saying Dormammu & Mephisto will no longer be good defenders? I beg to differ.

    There is a difference between really good and just good

    Dormammu auto Degenerates & Mephisto Auto Incinerates, as well as a **** ton of Power Gain. I'd still classify that as really good. Maybe not at IMIW, Domino's or Medusa's Level... but still worth the cats for defense, especially since diversity is a thing.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    That just brings up the point of this change being 1-ridiculously late and 2-completely unnecessary.

    Mystic wars died when blade arrived. Even the constant forum cries about md pretty much stopped after that. Nevertheless, it became good strategy to place strong mystics (but only those with high md) on non-blade-able lanes. So your one or two useful mystic defenders became even more valuable because of needing a wild card thrown onto a lane, and ofc... Diversity. This is the strategy roller coaster we all go thru.

    As far as r5s go... Many players have 3 or 4 and some even have 5. When people were getting their 2nd, the common strategy was to make that one a defender. Some of those were mystics. But everybody plays at diff progression levels... So I can def see where it's worked out well for people with less r5s. They had the benefit of more time to find out the md change was coming.

    Saying I agree with this comment would be an understatement.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,182 ★★★
    If it’s a bug how do we know what’s a bug and not since there are a few thousand oddities in the game that don’t work the way they are suppose to
This discussion has been closed.