**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Season 5 - Kingpin's Conclave: Discussion Thread

Comments

• WahyauWahyau Posts: 32
    Are the opponents changed in map 6?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Wahyau wrote: »

looks like a yes ... even though Kabam said nothing about that.

@Kabam Miike any info on why AQ map 5 and 6 hidden opponents changed? I thought the only changes were the boss... and in map5 the exposed opponents that would rotate.
  • Dr_Doob617Dr_Doob617 Posts: 35
    Voluntaris wrote: »

@Kabam Miike any info on why AQ map 5 and 6 hidden opponents changed? I thought the only changes were the boss... and in map5 the exposed opponents that would rotate.

It’s in the notes that there are 17 new encounters in map 6 but the node buffs are the same Vol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Map 5 is all randomized except the Sentinel nodes.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Iceman and electro being random sucks. Several other heroes as well. I like the idea. Dislike the execution
    Dr_Doob617 wrote: »

It’s in the notes that there are 17 new encounters in map 6 but the node buffs are the same Vol

well don't i feel like a dumb dumb ... must've missed that part.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

looks like i should've read the AQ Season 5 announcement more closely ... had so much info i had only skimmed it.

my bad.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Employees in this thread saying we will see no increased difficulty are full of it, I said at the time we would and i was correct
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Employees in this thread saying we will see no increased difficulty are full of it, I said at the time we would and i was correct
    What was harder? We just cleared day 1, and no one used any items? 15mil ally, 6k prestige.
    King pen was easy too, just beefy. Timed out after 116 hits, but still no big deal

• Is the Alliance Quest Completion event broken? It’s not registering any points.
  • vip662009vip662009 Posts: 32
    Does anyone notice on day one 2nd mini gg was on 6.3k attack

But in the earlier thread there was nothing mentioned about it

@Kabam Miike
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The new rewards for completion and exploration seem to show 2 map crystals per bg per day. Is this correct ?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Aren't the maps supposed to be free this week?
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    @Kabam Miike i’ve gone to start AQ this evening for the first time with the new system and i have accidentally only opened one BG and we want all 3 open. please tell me there’s a way to sort ‘‘tis for my allaince for the mistake. had no idea on what to do
  • Employees in this thread saying we will see no increased difficulty are full of it, I said at the time we would and i was correct

So far, except for the adjustment period of changing up champions to deal with the different maps, I'm currently finding Map 5 easier in S4 than S3. That might be because I used to run the hardest paths on the map, but a cursory examination of the other paths doesn't seem to appear any more difficult to me either.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

Link nodes are also not randomized (meaning: the nodes with outgoing buffs).
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    DukeZman wrote: »
    What was harder? We just cleared day 1, and no one used any items? 15mil ally, 6k prestige.
    King pen was easy too, just beefy. Timed out after 116 hits, but still no big deal

If you dont think it was made harder then explain how GG miniboss now has 3x the damage output to what minis had last season? 7k damage output was higher than 2k last time I did mathematics.
    Just face it kabam misled us in this discussion again and now they have gone silent post AQ break
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    For what? They won’t change it this week. If enough people get mad about it they’ll come out afterwards and say “oops, we overcorrected by mistake”. It’s clear they meant for it to be this difficult and it’s clear why.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    The only thing that sucks is having to play Dormammu and having his degen hit you. It is 100% unfair to have a champion drain almost all or most of your health when you are not being hit at all. I know Magik used to do this, however after Blade her draining powers didn't work via limbo. So now there is no bypass unless maybe you have Hulk Ragnarock and maybe it wont proc. Everything else is definitely a step up in challenge and fun. Gone are the days of just swipe and easy play while feeding your baby and changing a toddlers bum.
  • cAncAmO wrote: »
    anyone from kabam could explain us if Gren Goblin damage output change from 2K to 7K is working as intended, please?

@Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Sophia @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

Thanks in advanced

It was explicitly discussed in the Early Access to season five that miniboss node buffs were being changed to make them more consistent across the maps, and the FAQ question regarding this is intended to imply they were doing so. The current Map 5 miniboss buff is +200% champion and +200% health, which is exactly what it was announced as intended in the EA. Whether that is what it should be is a separate question, but it was definitely intended to be what it is now.

Some backstory. Originally all miniboss nodes had some sort of champion buff, anything from +100% to +200% (champion buffs are buffs to attack and health, so a +100% champion buff is +100% attack and +100% health). However, there was a bug in the game that made these buffs not work correctly, and champion buffs were only buffing health in miniboss nodes. A few months ago in season four the devs realized this. Because the buff was weaker than intended, they decided to leave the buff alone on Maps one through four, but change the buff on Map 5 so that instead of a +200% champion boost it became a +450% health boost. This at least made the Map 5 minibosses significantly harder to kill than Map 4 minibosses, and they announced this would be the only change until they updated AQ. However, for reasons I find somewhat inexplicable, it seems that a Kabam developer decided to fix the bug. So at the same time that Map 5 minibosses were at +450% health, Map 4 minibosses were now at +200% attack and +400% health. Pretty much Map 3 and 4 minibosses became harder than Map 5 minibosses as a result.

Kabam decided to let that stand until Season Five (the current season) where they went back and normalized the miniboss buffs to implement a more logical difficulty curve. So now, Map 2 has +100% champion, Map 3 has +125% champion and +200% health, Map 4 has +150% champion and +200% health, and Map 5 has +200% champion and +200% health. It is a sizeable jump upward in Map 5 miniboss difficulty, but it is basically what was originally intended, and more importantly it is what Map 4 players have been facing for months now. In a sense, Map 5 players have been getting much easier minibosses in some respects than even Map 2 players, and now they are more in line with all other maps.
  • Did conqueror rewards get stealth buffed in season five? I don't recall getting map crystals for conqueror rewards in the past, and I have no recollection of this being discussed in the early access preview either.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Did conqueror rewards get stealth buffed in season five? I don't recall getting map crystals for conqueror rewards in the past, and I have no recollection of this being discussed in the early access preview either.

Miike acknowleded its an error but they are letting it ride till this cycle is over.