**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Future of the Mystics

Comments

• Enchantress for me.
  • I saw Shuma Gorath listed...that would be very cool!

The problem with characters like that is that it would be difficult to make them playable characters that capture anything remotely resembling what they are like in the comic books. People went berserk when Sentinel didn't live up to his exploding suns description: Shuma Gorath makes Sentinel look like Willie Lumpkin. He could make an interesting NPC boss, but I don't think he'd make a good playable character. That would be like trying to make Eternity a playable character.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I saw Shuma Gorath listed...that would be very cool!

The problem with characters like that is that it would be difficult to make them playable characters that capture anything remotely resembling what they are like in the comic books. People went berserk when Sentinel didn't live up to his exploding suns description: Shuma Gorath makes Sentinel look like Willie Lumpkin. He could make an interesting NPC boss, but I don't think he'd make a good playable character. That would be like trying to make Eternity a playable character.

You mean Sentry?

While true, I think Marvel vs. Capcom was able to integrate Shuma Gorath pretty well. That's another game where the power levels don't make a ton of sense if you think too much about the lore. Phoenix vs. Chris Redfield from Resident Evil? Riiiiiiight.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    As someone that just recently duped a 6* Iron Fist, yes, please make him not suck. Is he the only champ that has 0 armor?

Karnak and Black Panther (Civil War) both have a base armor rating of zero.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Let’s see who we could add

Enchantress
    Capitain Britain (earlier version at least)
    Malekith the Accursed (Thor 2 villain)
    Morbius
    Dracula
    Blackheart
    Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider
    A case could be made for Azazel
    T’CHALLA KING OF THE DEAD!
    Ymir and Surtur (size like Sentinel probably)
    Sister Grimm (runaways)

And I kid you not. THE WRECKER!

We also have Davos aka Steel Serpent/Phoenix or simply Davos. Plus the other immortal weapons like Fat Corba

There are interesting magical users in Marvel they’re just not up front. Like there’s arguments for the Destroyer Armor even
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    edited September 2018
    I like the idea of duel class champs like Karnak , Dr. Doom could definitely be dual class..though I wouldn't put him as TEch and mystic....he is more cosmic and mystic.

Another good dual class Mystic would be Spiral. She is definitely Tech and Mystic. She was a major character in the 90's when I collected comics...though less so now. She was even Sorceror supreme for a little while (took over for Dr. Strange when he was trapped in a parallel universe or something like that) I've always loved her character, plus her visuals within the game would be really cool with her 6 arms and Teleport ability (think Nightcrawler, lots of blades with spells like SW, ). According to her Wiki, she should be able to Teleport, Stun, Nullify, and put herself out of phase with reality to avoid damage, She would also be immune to mind-control (Emma) and be skilled with multiple blades in her 6 arms.

From the WIKI:
    Spiral has powerful mystical abilities. When Spiral was first introduced, she was a powerful sorceress and during her first two encounters with the X-Men, singlehandedly defeated the team. She can cast spells to stun, depower, or immobilize her superhuman opponents, as she did to depower and imprison the Avengers and West Coast Avengers once they were laying still long enough for the spells to catch them. In New Avengers #53, she was revealed by the Eye of Agamotto as one of several magic-users with the potential to be the next Sorcerer Supreme after Doctor Strange.

Spiral can open gateways between dimensions and travel through time, although it has been implied that she sometimes requires Mojo's help to successfully teleport from one dimension to another. At other times, she has independently traversed dimensions and centuries of time, and set herself slightly out of phase with the timestream so as to avoid blows.

Spiral's mind is apparently immune to possession. When Rogue attempted to use her power-and-psyche-stealing ability to steal Spiral's mind and powers, Spiral stole Rogue's instead, laughing that she had danced in many people's souls.

Spiral is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant, acrobat, and sword fighter. Her six arms are fully coordinated, giving her great dexterity and athletic ability.[volume & issue needed] Spiral demonstrated highly developed skills in cybernetics and genetic manipulation which she has used to turn humans into powerful cyborgs at her Body Shoppe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_(comics)
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Man thing would be interesting. Modred. Maybe bring in both versions of the Dire Wraiths, but I don’t see ROM showing up...
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    Namor...53jkomts4g0r.jpg
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    FYI...would love to see ROM Spacenight
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    I saw Shuma Gorath listed...that would be very cool!

You mean Sentry?

Pthhthhh. I had Sentinel on the brain when I typed that, in the middle of testing some things. Edit twice, post once.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    As someone that just recently duped a 6* Iron Fist, yes, please make him not suck. Is he the only champ that has 0 armor?

Karnak and Black Panther (Civil War) both have a base armor rating of zero.

Fair enough.

Karnak sort of make sense, since he is similar to Iron Fist in many ways.

BPCW having 0% base armor is kind of lolwut?!, given that he is tagged as "Defensive: Guard", but oh well.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    Am I the only one who wants Sasquatch?

Squatch's powers are gamma radiation based, so he would be science.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Clea would be a cool addition.

v0jzkg1ufl06.jpg

Also Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)

0rv0bzcxee8s.jpg

• Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Just gonna drop Capt Britain, Morbius, Robbie Reyes, and Enchantress again because let’s face it

A mystic RAW damage champ, a true life stealer, a more offensive based GR, and the ENCHANTRESS need to be in the game.

Heck I’ll even settle for the Destroyer and Uru Armor Iron Man (yes that’s a thing, a spiky, wonderful thing)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    33mtmjomjgtz.jpeg

Morlun, the most powerful Spider-Man villain
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    OzFearUs wrote: »

Agreed! But I don’t know who has the rights? Like transformers and GI joe, I think marvel licensed the comic rights?
    Am I the only one who wants Sasquatch?

Squatch's powers are gamma radiation based, so he would be science.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Walter_Langkowski_(Earth-616)

“Unknown to Langkowski, however, his original experiment had instead opened a portal to the Realm of Great Beasts rather than empower Langkowski. He was linked to the beast known as Tanaraq. The more he transformed, the more Tanaraq was beginning to overtake him, especially when he grew angry or felt pain.”

Sasquatch is basically a Canadian version of Ghost Rider.

I'm going off Immortal Hulk last week in which Hulk drains the gamma radiation out of Langkowski and depowers him. So, I think that's more correct than the wiki.
    Lovejoy72 wrote: »

Agreed! But I don’t know who has the rights? Like transformers and GI joe, I think marvel licensed the comic rights?

Marvel has the rights to a load of the supporting characters, they created. Rom himself was licensed and I think is now at IDW like Transformers, GI Joe, Action Man and most of Hasbro's other toy-lines.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Namor...53jkomts4g0r.jpg

I would love to see Namor. I've done a character design in the wishlist. However, he isn't mystic. He is - quite categorically - Marvel's First Mutant.

Just had a thought: Bushmaster - from Luke Cage season 2 - would be a mystic.
    Mystic champs I'd like to see added:

Kraven (super strength and durability from mystic potions, as well as super senses)
    White Tiger
    Shang Chi (can manipulate chi to regenerate)
    Colleen Wing (can manipulate chi to heal, resist temperature extremes, burn out poisons)
    Puma
    Tigra
    Captain Britain
    Black Knight
    Nico Minoru
    Shaman of Alpha Flight
    Wiccan
    Davos
    Fat Cobra

and super-obscure never happening: Dark Angel from Marvel UK and White Fox
  • There's a myriad of great choices listed here. Hope some are listening. But we do have to remember, getting the licensing for these characters isn't always a walk in the park. Hence why no F4 yet. If the game continues to thrive through Disney buying out Fox Ent, we may see them yet. Among others.
  • Oh, and an old favorite of mine, Vengeance :wink:
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I think the answer is new versions. Netflix Ironfist/Danny Rand with the glowing fist. Deadpool Juggs, etc.

Maybe He-Man
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Stormbreaker Thor? That weapon sure seems Mystic.
  • Why would IW Thor be considered a Mystic?? @MizaiYoka238 @KinkyWizard1 His new weapon (Stormbreaker) is made in the same forge that created Mjolnir. Granted Stormbreaker is more powerful, but at the end of the day, he's still essentially the same. Now one COULD make the argument that Jane Foster is Mystic and is in possession of Mjolnir. However, seeing as how Odinson isn't of Earth and Jane was, that's likely why she's considered Mystic vs being considered Cosmic. The champ is classified by their status as a whole it would seem. I.e. Quake being an Inhuman, but is classified as a Science champ due to her being not pure blooded Inhuman, and her gauntlets that help dampen the strain her power puts on her bones. Also, Karnak. Now IS a pure blooded Inhuman, but his power increases his fighting skills (hence Skill class), but is also given the nod that he is a Cosmic at heart by the fact he needs a cosmic class catalyst along side a skill to rank up. In short, Kabam will do as Kabam does and we'll do our best to find the logic in the decisions made :wink:
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Let’s see who we could add

Enchantress
    Capitain Britain (earlier version at least)
    Malekith the Accursed (Thor 2 villain)
    Morbius
    Dracula
    Blackheart
    Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider
    A case could be made for Azazel
    T’CHALLA KING OF THE DEAD!
    Ymir and Surtur (size like Sentinel probably)
    Sister Grimm (runaways)

And I kid you not. THE WRECKER!

We also have Davos aka Steel Serpent/Phoenix or simply Davos. Plus the other immortal weapons like Fat Corba

There are interesting magical users in Marvel they’re just not up front. Like there’s arguments for the Destroyer Armor even

Morbius = science as he was a vampire created by a genetic experiment gone wrong.

Enchantress would probably end up being a mix between Loki, SW and DS. Might be interesting.

Steel Serpent? No, buff IF first.

Surtur? No, I hate the Sentinel zoom-out in fights, and that's enough for me.

Malekith, though cool, is passé.

Blackheart: YES!!!

Azazel: Who cares about a minor character from a franchise that still has so much that should be added first? Not me!

Rest I don't know too well, so reserving judgment there.
This discussion has been closed.