**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    So before we even have a single war with the global nodes active, despite all the feedback offered with basically no responses from a Dev, you are already making it an official change for Season 5? No data gathered on what impact the globals have in a live environment, no mention of ‘if this really sucks, we’ll change it before Season 5 begins’, nothing to indicate this thread is anything other than a dump of ‘Here’s what’s what, now suck it up’ info?

Hey There,

I think you missed the part that we said "Now, this is the first time we’re doing this, and we’ll be monitoring their performance during the Preseason to ensure that they are not overzealous. If we find that they are having too large of an effect, we will act accordingly."

We're going to keep an eye on this, and if we need to act between the preseason and the start of the season, we will.

I don’t have a ton of confidence a reaction will be that quick, but I am willing (and unable to stop it anyway), to give you a shot. But already announcing it as the official global when we have an extended preseason does not fill me with hope. It would have been better to wait a week out of the 3 preseason ones, and then see if needs changing. Then the second week to see about that. And the third to really figure it out.
    And yes, the preseason is not the best indicator of how real wars go, but it is what we will have for data.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    @mostlyharmlessn thats a valid point but you gotta expect to use different champs every now and then. If this was permanent it would be a completely different story
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    @RogerRabs so are you not going to do AQ or literally any other form of fighting? Just cause you cant use it in AW doesnt make it useless
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Repto23 wrote: »
    @mostlyharmlessn thats a valid point but you gotta expect to use different champs every now and then. If this was permanent it would be a completely different story

I would agree, but it's for an entire season, not just an AW.... or even just a weeks worth of AW....
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    The murdering of Blade continues
    Buff 2 - Bleed Immunity:
    - Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    - Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

Can you please expand on this. A R5 killmonger on node 29 will now be impposible to beat unless you have a corvius. People would use blade because that was the only other counter. Node 29 is a problem and you are not hellping this out at all, just making it a lot more difficult

I take it you haven't heard of Magik.

Magik works 47% of the time. A high sig KM murders magik very easy from reverb

pack a IMIW and he should take him out.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Sooo how do I test these nodes in the time we have from today to 31st October when the whole map is empty?

Hint hint: tanking is a thing
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    @RogerRabs so are you not going to do AQ or literally any other form of fighting? Just cause you cant use it in AW doesnt make it useless

It's not useless, but it's definitely lost a huge amount of value. Masteries come into play the most in AW.

I'm done with story and run AQ/EQ fairly easily. The most difficult and high stakes fights come in AW. That's where the right mastery set up can make the difference between a death or full attack bonus. They also save you potions and boosts by ending fights faster.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I haven’t read through this but my arguments are as follows.

AA is completely gimped for half the season. Absolutely useless.(after stun immune debacle)
    Deep wounds mastery was freaking expensive.
    Re-doing mastery because of losing the points in dw on days that the global node is active. This is going to result in 100s of units a week when before it could cost 0 and you could be effective.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Everyone complaining about this but its not a permanent buff, its just for 1 season so just deal with it. And i use Blade and AA on offense so its not like this doesnt affect me.

well it could be because you rank up a champ now to be useful this season, but then find they are useless the next season

I wish I knew which game people were playing that "useful" and "useless" are completely binary, so I can avoid playing it in the future. It seems awful.
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    Can we get free mastery changes for 6 weeks? We will need to turn off deepwounds and turn it back on when switching modes.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about this but its not a permanent buff, its just for 1 season so just deal with it. And i use Blade and AA on offense so its not like this doesnt affect me.

well it could be because you rank up a champ now to be useful this season, but then find they are useless the next season

I wish I knew which game people were playing that "useful" and "useless" are completely binary, so I can avoid playing it in the future. It seems awful.

Would you rather significantly reduced usefulness to the point of being nearly useless?

My previous comment would stand.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Ankalagonn wrote: »
    So all my bleeders are useless for a whole season? Nice "discussion" kabam

Rotating global buff so they will be useless for half a season assuming the rotation is 50/50... Also bleed champs still work as a defender no?
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Rotating global buff so they will be useless for half a season assuming the rotation is 50/50... Also bleed champs still work as a defender no?

from the notes it sounds like it's the entire season.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

from the notes it sounds like it's the entire season.

It would be a lot easier to swallow if it was one AW this was the buff, the next AW it is that buff... ect...
    edited October 2018
    Rotation kinda implies it will come back later..I originally thought that's within season... Guess not... Lol but yeah haven't look at this 700 + comment threads for awhile and seems like your are right. Both buffs will be activated for the whole season. Awesome!!!!! ... Not.
    Anyone knows if the global bleed immune node can be removed after all minis are down? Introducing this to war without fixing Medusa's bug is money grab .... Almost guarantee that's the default AW boss for my tier throughout the season
  • Erunnu_87Erunnu_87 Posts: 34
    This is pure bs! I like the female node but nerfing all bleed attackers is a pile of fuming BS! I solo r5 medusa boss in tier2 with my r5 KM, thanks to his sp3, and I barely make it within the 3 minutes timer (with boosts and everything). Why no one even thought of extending the damn timer?! With 5* r5 and 6* r2, timing out on some nodes was already happening and will become the norm if you also take away bleed.
    Not to mention the resources we spent to maximise deep wounds mastery.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    great job on finally cracking down on the cheaters you guys got that one right!!!

Can't highlight this enough
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Can we have defense synergies work? That would be a great way to improve AW... it could create unique defenders around diversity and to unlock the synergy bonuses.
  • snwwsnww Posts: 4
    Make global champion boost stronger. AW nodes should be like LoL!!!
This discussion has been closed.