**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Added Difficulty - Discussion Thread

13»

Comments

• ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Which comes first? Map 7 or Act 6?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    The big border between map 5 and map 6 is the lack of battlechip and gold reward. If the alliance wants to run map 6, they have to grind arena like hell. There are lots of alliances who might have the skilled players and rosters to run map 6 easily, but the don't have the time to grind for the cost. I really hope with the introduction of map 7, map 6 will be more accessible by giving out battlechip and gold reward like map5 and below does, otherwise those who currently run map6 will shift to map7, and those who currently run map5 will still do, due to the lack of time to grind, and then map 6 will be just an abandoned, dreary place in the battlerealm.
  • Ignore all the negative comments!

We all want hard content, we all want to be entertained....are you not entertained?

I personally thank Kabam for keeping me interesting in a game for 4 years.
    What else would I have done with that time....play pokemon go gross!

Again thank you Kabam keep these great ideas coming.
    One day I would like have have all my champions ranked up to the max and have to use a champion I would never use to beat a boss like Spider Gwen ;)

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Philly3974 wrote: »
    For the all the new content being added, on top of story mode, monthly event quests, special side events, etc, and since it was made clear in previous posts that you have no intention of increasing levels beyond 60, each mode of content should have separate energy (story, monthly EQ, back issues..) or lower costs of energy per move to 1 or 2 energy (max)...

players will have to buy LOADS (probably Kabam intended to make player spend) of energy refills to complete content esp with the energy recharge timer taking as long as it does now.. 70 energy doesn’t go far when last chapter of events take 3-4 energy per move..

I disagree, once Kabam started giving out energy refills in the milestone rewards for the alliance events they said it allow them to bring out extra content.

If you are patient with the monthly content and don't blast through it in the first few days, you should always have 6/7/8 energy refills available to you.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    So to cut the long story short,
    1) Basically, it's all for the sake for the high end players and no room for beginners and semi tier players and
    2) The the veteran players and big spender really runs the game.

Well even though you "upgraded" those story quest progression for beginners.
    No hate for veteran/big spender players of the game. It's just the unjust system.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    RO53TT1 wrote: »
    This new harder difficulty is great for those top tier players that don't feel challenged and I'm happy for them, but I'm not 1 of them, I'm in another tier, I'm in that tier where I haven't become uncollected yet, it's still pretty tough for some of us who are trying not to spend hundreds or thousands of units on revives and potions to complete it, granted I know u have to spend some I get that, so uncollected is to difficult but like act 4 for the most part has been pretty easy, hard difficulty is pretty easy, I can get thru master on the monthly quests with a little difficulty depending on the month, but I really don't feel like I'm getting any better and it's really frustrating at this point and I'm really not sure if it's time to just move on andef find something else or not and I know I can't be the only 1.

Deffo aggree with you.
    The weak gets weaker. The strong ones gets stronger.
  • MoldyFingersMoldyFingers Posts: 112
    edited November 2018
    cant wait
  • Hello for me the best eolution is a hero for week, 1 or more hero random all weekend have 200% bost for all event, like simbiont last month, with that condition the player need all hero for play best.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    This new harder difficulty is great for those top tier players that don't feel challenged and I'm happy for them, but I'm not 1 of them, I'm in another tier, I'm in that tier where I haven't become uncollected yet, it's still pretty tough for some of us who are trying not to spend hundreds or thousands of units on revives and potions to complete it, granted I know u have to spend some I get that, so uncollected is to difficult but like act 4 for the most part has been pretty easy, hard difficulty is pretty easy, I can get thru master on the monthly quests with a little difficulty depending on the month, but I really don't feel like I'm getting any better and it's really frustrating at this point and I'm really not sure if it's time to just move on andef find something else or not and I know I can't be the only 1.

If you are not uncollected yet, you still have plenty of content to progress. There is RTTL, you can always push for uncollected, and then there is still 100% act5 and monthly uncollected difficulty. I don't see what other content you want to progress...
    (And still, it's permanent, it won't go away in next month)

For endgame players, there is nothing much to do. Of course, new monthly EQ bosses are hard...ish, for first, then when you have the counter....done. I'm usually done with new uncollected by next evening. Yet I don't have the champs to do LOL yet. So it will be good while we wait for act 6.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Ryuichi_01 wrote: »

Deffo aggree with you.
    The weak gets weaker. The strong ones gets stronger.

This is not really true at all. Sure the strong will get a bit stronger, but owing to the fact that this is permanent content, the weak get stronger also. On top of that there is absolutely no reason to complain seeing as we just recently had two super easy events that basically gave weak players multiple 5* crystals along with a bunch of rank up materials and other goodies. These events were Gwenpool Goes to the Movies, and the Symbiote event. The Gwenpool one was just straight up easy, and the Symbiote one they literally gave us the tool that could walk through all difficulties like nobodies business.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I really appreciate what Kabbam is doing for the MCOC community however i do have some concerns for players that's new or only a year in that don't have the cache as players that's been playing for 3 years with 3 or 5 max out 5 star champs, if i'm correct there's more players that's average than players who's skill level are in the masters bracket or players that's 100% in LOL , when you compare rewards for players that's average to players that's the top 10% its just sad, the Gap will always be there, i'm not saying to lower the rewards for the top summoner but an increase in rewards for the average players the 80 % like myself that's a Gold 1 alliance and do 5x5 map 5 weekly but find it hard to get resources without spending to rank up champs or even to awaken my 5 star and most my 5 star pull even from features has been **** like iron patriot and Loki. I feel a reward buff is necessary at this point of the game to allow players like myself to advance and not feel burnt out or feel helpless when a new content is out and without spending its impossible to even attempt.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    The idea of encouraging diversity is nice but what is going to make me bring my 1/25 Spider Gwen over a 5/65 Sabretooth? The only way I could foresee that happening is if you add a node “Any specials that deal zero damage makes the defender laugh so hard, they instantly lose 25% of their max HP. Defenders can only take damage this way.” Also with 120+ champs in the 5* and a really poor featured crystal system it makes it virtually impossible to get those valuable champs you want. Is anything being done to address this? Like I said I’m all for diversity and mixing it up, but obtaining a diverse roster has to be made a lot easier.

This actually made me laugh lol great idea for Spider Gwen because her sp1 is as useless as an pen with no ink.
  • I've been waiting for this. Can't wait to blitz right through it. #SoExcited
  • NcTmackNcTmack Posts: 11
    edited November 2018
    Kabam. You mentioned you wanting to make a fun and challenging map....um, variant difficulty is driven for people who have specific champs. For example, the first map with power gain and facing 30K PI defenders, whoever has a HIGH PI 5/6* Killmonger with a HIGH PI 5/6* awakened Winter Soldier should be fine....to those who don't....have fun..I'm assuming the "have fun" you mention is sarcasm right? There is nothing fun about playing a map that cannot be at least beaten once with a competitive team of champions. A lot of good mutants and skill champions do against magik, emma frost, hyperion, mordo and all the other really tough champions.
  • CryptCrypt Posts: 51
    anyone notice the new quest ultron is half done the classic part when it was just released

• RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    When you wish to “shake up our team” then we need the ability to obtain new teams or to awaken and advance new champions to fill this “shaking up of teams”.

How does a 0.81 or 0.91% chance to obtain a new 5* champion from a $10 crystal allow us to do this? Or infrequent opportunities to get a random class awakening gem? Or get a valuable champion out of more than a hundred champions (and ever increasing) in a 5* basic crystal? And how can we “shake up our team” when takes months of careful resource management to rank up and to level just one champion which can easily be made superfluous by the sudden change of desires by the developers?

That was such a well though out brilliant argument for the drop rates of the inevitable kamala khan 5*, brilliant
  • TornadomanTornadoman Posts: 3
    The Rich get richer an the poor get poorer, what a shame. I need the 5 star rank ups, to become uncollected. This stinks