**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★
    Just do a rebalancing of the older champs. Quick easy fix, nothing special. Perform a graph of the least used 5* champs and then add to their stats:

+5 to 7% crit rate and damage
    +8 to 10% attack
    Baeically add close to a level of stats to them. That should at least put them in line with average used champs.

No synergy fixes. Just a straight stat update.
  • There’s a lot of outdated material on Elektra.

For an example, she’s not mid-game active; meaning she doesn’t make the changes when a defender becomes immune to bleeding and cause them to armor break; imiw, emma.

She also needs to be updated when it comes to her abilities because they don’t even work properly. I jus fought a colossus with my 6* Elektra and she made him get “immune” to show up.

It’s jus one word, what’s the big deal? We see it everyday sometimes.

The reason why it’s a big deal is because it should never show up against a primary bleed immune. It shows that the code isn’t up to date and the code was trying to send a bleed instead of an armor break on a bleed immune champ.

Awful.

There’s a lot of great features and creative nodes to this game that make me really appreciate almost every champ more than what I feel the majority does; maybe jus the majority of people who talk? Idk. I try to find what works for champs and not gripe that not every champ is what people say “god-tier”. I enjoy utility and her utility is rare.

But, when I can’t trust her utility because it literally has backward codings, it makes it frustrating

She would be nicer to play if she gets a precision buff when she applies bleed or armor break also. Her ability is to do increase damage so why not gain a precision buff when they activate a special 1 and 2?

Adding a precision buff at the start of a special, and 3-4 furies when a bleed/armor break becomes active and only have the fury active for as long as the bleed and armor break, it would greatly help.

When you add an outdated champ to a 6* newly evolving mcoc world, it is irrational and irresponsible to not update her to the evolving 6* world

Thanks
  • Tod23Tod23 Posts: 18
    edited December 2018
    i post here link about King groot who need updated ! like @Kabam Porthos asked to do it:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109217/king-groot/p1
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    There’s a lot of outdated material on Elektra.

For an example, she’s not mid-game active; meaning she doesn’t make the changes when a defender becomes immune to bleeding and cause them to armor break; imiw, emma.

She also needs to be updated when it comes to her abilities because they don’t even work properly. I jus fought a colossus with my 6* Elektra and she made him get “immune” to show up.

The reason why it’s a big deal is because it should never show up against a primary bleed immune. It shows that the code isn’t up to date and the code was trying to send a bleed instead of an armor break on a bleed immune champ.

Awful.

There’s a lot of great features and creative nodes to this game that make me really appreciate almost every champ more than what I feel the majority does; maybe jus the majority of people who talk? Idk. I try to find what works for champs and not gripe that not every champ is what people say “god-tier”. I enjoy utility and her utility is rare.

But, when I can’t trust her utility because it literally has backward codings, it makes it frustrating

She would be nicer to play if she gets a precision buff when she applies bleed or armor break also. Her ability is to do increase damage so why not gain a precision buff when they activate a special 1 and 2?

Adding a precision buff at the start of a special, and 3-4 furies when a bleed/armor break becomes active and only have the fury active for as long as the bleed and armor break, it would greatly help.

When you add an outdated champ to a 6* newly evolving mcoc world, it is irrational and irresponsible to not update her to the evolving 6* world

Thanks

Dude stop reposting your elektra thread, you didn’t get the best six star, and she can’t take down IMIW as effectively as you like, she’s not bad by any means
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Tod23 wrote: »
    i post here link about King groot who need updated ! like @Kabam Porthos asked to do it:

This isn't a place to continue that black hole of a discussion. This is a place to post suggestions for improvements of Champions. If you want to debate how good or bad a champion is, this is not the thread for you. If you want to post how you would fix King Groot, this is that thread.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    Tod23 wrote: »

This isn't a place to continue that black hole of a discussion. This is a place to post suggestions for improvements of Champions. If you want to debate how good or bad a champion is, this is not the thread for you. If you want to post how you would fix King Groot, this is that thread.

Hmmm.

Challenge.. accepted...
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited December 2018
    There’s a lot of outdated material on Elektra.

Awful.

Thanks

Dude stop reposting your elektra thread, you didn’t get the best six star, and she can’t take down IMIW as effectively as you like, she’s not bad by any means

If you actually read my thread you would see how a moderator closed it, and told me to continue in this other thread.

It’s not a “I want Elektra to be the best”, I jus play with her more often and notice legit issues.

Not everyone feels entitled, jus making observations and Elektra is one that needs not only a precision or furies when activating a special, but to work properly.

She’s in the 6* world, they should fix it.

Don’t @ me. I’m not interested

• YawnYawn Posts: 22
    I feel like Raw damage isn’t enough in today’s mcoc meta. Some of the best characters in the game are the best characters because of the utility they are able to bring to the table. I think along with an increase to stats it would be nice to add utility to characters too!
    Just do a rebalancing of the older champs. Quick easy fix, nothing special. Perform a graph of the least used 5* champs and then add to their stats:

+5 to 7% crit rate and damage
    +8 to 10% attack
    Baeically add close to a level of stats to them. That should at least put them in line with average used champs.

No synergy fixes. Just a straight stat update.

• Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    Champion- Deadpool (X-Force)

Why I don't like him- Gimped health, Gimped attack and no utility whatsoever.

What I would change:

* +10% attack against skill champions
    * taunt ability- Deadpool's trash talk increases the opponents chance of activating a special attack by 50%
    * SP1 has a chance to stun
    * SP2 inflicts heal block and bleed (armor breaks bleed immune champs for 12-15 seconds)
    * SP3- buff the bleed damage
    * I would add an ability where for opponents his size or smaller, he has an 5-10% chance to instantly knock them out with a sp3. ( This occurs when they are below 10-20% health)
    * Deadpool gains power in desperate situations, the following count as desperate situations...
    1. When he is below 30% health
    2.Whenever the opponent is under a power gain buff
    3. When he notices that his AA is being reduced
    This causes him to gain 1 bar of power.

I honestly don't know what to do with his sig ability.

leave it blank lool
    It's taken a few days, but : King Groot!

4jehlkq3ddu6.png

King Groot is a huge tanky monster with a massive pool of health, who regenerates like crazy, shrugs off debuffs and hits like a cute little rabbit. He's all about resilience; but despite supposedly being a major interplanetary despot, has the lowest base Attack in the game, and wins fights by wearing his down through sheer exhaustion. This doesn't make him much fun to play!

This is a rework to try and rebalance him, but without losing his unique nature, or his tanky resilience (or requiring new animation coding!). He's got modestly higher attacking stats, and significantly better Special Attack effects; but his overall regeneration capabilities and Health have been trimmed back somewhat in compensation for these offensive improvements.

Base Stats & Abilities

*All stats based on 4 Star, 5/50, Sig 99

Health: 18,517
    Attack: 916
    I know. It's still not great, but it's a bit higher! During his Attack phase, the totals are pretty reasonable.

Passive

King Groot has additional Physical Resistance of 750.

Holding block:
    King Groot roots himself into the ground to draw strength and sustenance. After holding block for 0.5 seconds, King Groot gains +500 block proficiency, and passively regenerates at a rate of 0.3% health/tick. After releasing block, King Groot suffers -20% Attack on Dash Attacks for 0.7 seconds as his persistent roots cause loss of momentum.
    This modest on-demand regeneration is compensation for the fact his Special-3 and his Sig don't heal him up quite as much as they used to.

Passive

King Groot has a cycle of growth/repair and Fury/Attack:
    King Groot begins each fight in his Attack phase, with 2 Fury Buffs; each increasing his Attack by 284 for 10 seconds.
    As you'll see below, King Groot's Special Attacks will be far more effective if used during his Attack phase.

When King Groot loses his last Fury Buff, he enters his Regrowth phase for 14 seconds. While in Regrowth, each attack thrown or suffered by him has a 10% chance to cause King Groot to store 1 Fury charge. Additionally, whilst in his Regrowth, his passive regeneration whilst blocking rises by 40%.
    King Groot's buffs can't be removed as easily as they used to; but if they get stolen or nullified, he'll still be pushed into his Regrowth phase.

When King Groot’s Regrowth phase ends, he immediately gains 2 Fury Buffs, plus any additional stored charges.

Debuff resistance:
    King Groot reduces the duration of all debuffs other than Incinerate by 70%, minus 15% per Fury buff.
    The Regrowth phase (whilst he repairs and builds up his energy for an offense) is now when KG throws off debuffs fastest, rather than his Attack phase. This means you can Parry him more effectively at the start of the fight; but on the other hand, you can't now strip his Fury buffs with frequent debuffs. This makes his offensive phase stronger, for longer.

Lacking blood, King Groot is immune to bleed effects, and being wooden, he has 50% resistance to Shock and Poison damage. He is, however, vulnerable to Incinerate damage; suffering +100% Incinerate damage from all sources, and being unable to reduce their duration.
    As well as reducing duration, KG can reduce the damage of shock and poison, making him highly resistant to them. Being wooden has it's costs though; making him very vulnerable to Incinerate.

Signature Ability – Unyielding Might

Whenever King Groot enters his Regrowth phase, he focuses on rapidly repairing his cellular damage, granting him a Regeneration Buff and recovering 1868* Health over the duration of the Cool Down.
    If this buff runs for it's full length uninterrupted (i.e. is not Staggered, Stolen or Nullified), King Groot gains a permanent Might passive at the end, granting him +212* damage (max stacks four).
    *Based on Sig.
    This change to KG's Signature ability is intended to reflect his endurance, and to give him a ramp-up ability that slowly but steadily enables him to wear down his opponents, getting ever stronger as he does so. He'll still benefit from a slow-but-steady approach, but using him will get more rewarding as the fight continues.

Special Attacks:

Special 1: This crushing blow gains up to +684 Attack depending upon how small the opponent is. 90% chance to Armour Break the target, reducing Armour by 350 for 8 seconds. If King Groot has Fury Buffs, he consumes one to make the Armour Break permanent. [Max: 9 Stacks]

Special 2: Poison gas attack: 100% chance to Poison the opponent, dealing 1832 direct damage over 8 seconds.
    • If blocked, this Poison effect has a 20% chance per Fury buff to penetrate the opponent's block.
    • If King Groot has Fury Buffs, he consumes one to apply an additional Poison effect.

Special 3: If triggered during his Regrowth phase, King Groot overloads his floral cells to gain a Regeneration Buff, recovering 1992 Health over 4 seconds.
    If triggered during his Attack phase, the effects build cumulatively with each Fury he has:
    • 2-3: Tendrils tear at the flesh of his opponents: 90% chance to Bleed and Poison opponent, each for 1374 damage over ten seconds
    • 4-5: 90% chance to Armour Break for 750 for ten seconds
    • 6+: 100% chance to Power Drain opponent for 30% of their Max Power
    After a Special-3, any Fury buffs are consumed, and Groot enters his Regrowth phase.

King Groot now has the choice of an offensive or defensive SP3 bonus. Using an SP3 during his Attack phase can lead to impressive DoT effects, and a severely weakened opponent. A fitting punishment from the ruler of planet X! Alternately, he can use his SP3 to heal up; but can no longer extend the regeneration by consuming a Fury, since he won't have any at the time. Not such a problem if he's Awakened, as he'll go straight into his Regrowth phase afterwards. But there's got to be a downside for an offensive upgrade!

Synergies:
    Groot - Ruler of Planet X (Unique Synergy): Both champions gain +10% special damage on SP1. Additionally, Groot's SP1 has a 75% chance to inflict Bleed (500 damage over 4s), and King Groot's SP1 Armour Break potency rises by 50%.

Abomination - Deadly Outcasts: Poison damage rises by 33% for both champions.

Thor/Hulk/Ronan - Enemies: +6% Attack
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★
    CIVIL WARRIOR

Have his permanent armor ups be persistent and carry on from fight to fight up to a certain number that would also make him bleed and poison immune.

That would make him more useful in AW and AQ.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Jane foster Rework

Doesn’t need much work to be just ok champ.
    Need Average base stats like
    180.0 %. Crit damage
    22% Crit Rate

Signature ability
    Stack shock charge per class defeated in one quest and stack those shock in next fight on special attacks.
    Max stack 5.

Make her current awakened ability as her passive . I.e stun or armour broken opponent guarantee critical hits and increased crit damage by x %.

Passive
    If opponent is stun immune she can armoire break shocked opponents for 6 sec.
    Doesn’t stack.

• Hey kabam
    You should really rework the old mutant champs.
    How can it be that magneto is so bad in mcoc. I play this game for long time. Got my mutant 3 to 4 stone from ultron event and can basically throw it into garbage as all of the 5 star mutants from 2015 are just really bad. So you basically gave me something which has currently 0 value not only to me but for all players at my level. I mean I have Ghost, CG and Hyperion 5* at rang 5...
    you did some great work with Luke red hulk or venom (who I actually rang up to rang 4...). Please do the same for mutants such as magneto or storm!
  • I’m really disappointed in Kabam for not enhancing Miles Morales to match his character as depicted in the comics and the new movies. He should have the invisibility following a special be it SP1 orSP2. Yes he has evade but so do all Spidey characters as this is there basic spider sense. In the movie Miles can go invisible on command, they’re given this ability to less known characters like dark hawk and the hood! Yet Miles doesn’t have this ability?!?!

Also he can inflict serious shock damage as a buff, this too isn’t strong enough in accordance with his true character.

Poor show Kabam, I was looking forward to him being enhanced in accordance with his actual comic and movie capability!
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    So with the new Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse, it’d be really cool to see some changes to Miles Morales. Specifically focusing on his abilities displayed in the movie. Some ideas are to trigger invisibility on evade (which would buff his rather small 5 evade charges when compared to other spider evades). Also it’d be really cool to see some shock damage from him even if it’s negligible. Maybe have some abilities trigger on SP3? Invisibility and a period where medium hits cause direct shock damage?
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Starlord
    Ability to cycle between power drain, shock, armor break and healblock similar to WS. As this will allow him to be a true utility champ. I know he’s already powerful but this can be done easily as winter soldier went through the same change and it won’t break the meta of the game by any means
    Thank you
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    Starlord
    Ability to cycle between power drain, shock, armor break and healblock similar to WS. As this will allow him to be a true utility champ. I know he’s already powerful but this can be done easily as winter soldier went through the same change and it won’t break the meta of the game by any means
    Thank you

That is a very interesting idea! Like it!
  • PHOENIX NEED TO BE A GODTIER FOR THE NEXT XMEN MOVIES : THE DARK PHOENIX
    edited December 2018
    Champion Redesign: King Groot (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    king-groot.jpg

King Groot is supposed to be an galactic warlord, but as a Champion, he's often referred to as "Edward Pillowhands". He's not a fantastic defender in war, and he's a pretty terrible attacker since his attack value is so low, and not even the fury that he can gain really makes up for it. Some people think he's just fine; others think that he's a garbage champion. Regardless of which side of the fence you fall on, he doesn't live up to the hype in his bio. It is my hope that this redesign of King Groot will make him a Champion that you'll want to play with a lot more, and one that even has some greater utility both as an Attacker and as a Defender in Alliance War.

Signature Ability - Four Seasons:
    King Groot comes prepared with a special mode for each season. Each time King Groot's opponent uses a Special Attack, King Groot switches to the next season in the order. King Groot can also switch to the next season in the order by dashing back and idling for 1.0 seconds.
    • Winter: King Groot is immune to Cold damage from Coldsnap and Frostbite. Basic Attacks benefit from an additional 350 Block Penetration per Fury buff King Groot has active. Additionally, Special Attack 1 reduces the opponent's Armor Rating by an additional 155.
    • Spring: King Groot passively regenerates 0.65% of his maximum Health per tick per Fury buff King Groot has. Additionally, Special Attack 3 automatically Purifies all active Debuffs on him and King Groot gains an active Fury buff for each unique Debuff Purified.
    • Summer: King Groot is immune to Incinerate damage. King Groot also provides shade to his opponent, reducing their Offensive Ability Accuracy by 33%. Additionally, the Debuffs from Special Attack 2 have their potency increased by 10% per active Fury Buff on King Groot.
    • Autumn: By this point in the seasons, King Groot has had it with his opponent. His Basic Attacks have a 12.0% chance to be Unblockable. Additionally, while in his Cool Down state, the chance to store 1 Fury charge for each attack thrown or suffered is doubled.

ABILITIES
    Flora Colossus Physiology (Passive): King Groot's hide is composed of wood dense enough and durable enough to make him immune to most conventional weapons, including gunfire. King Groot is fully immune to Bleed effects.
    Inner Fury (Passive): King Groot's furor knows no bounds, and as a result, he gains the following benefits:
    • King Groot begins each fight with 2 active Fury Buffs, each increasing his Base Attack by 15% for 12.0 seconds.
    • Every 10 hits of King Groot's combo meter, he gains 1 additional Fury Buff for 6.5 seconds.
    • Each time King Groot receives a Debuff, he shrugs it off after 0.5 seconds at the cost of one active Fury Buff.
    • When King Groot loses his last active Fury Buff, he enters a Cool Down state for 7.5 seconds. While in Cool Down, each attack thrown or suffered has a 12% chance to cause King Groot to store 1 Fury charge.
    • While in his Cool Down state, King Groot grows a thick layer of armor to protect himself, granting him an additional 850 Armor Rating for the duration of the Cool Down state.
    • When King Groot's Cool Down ends, he immediately loses his additional Armor and gains 2 active Fury Buffs, plus 1 active Fury Buff for each additional charge he gained from throwing or receiving attacks during his Cool Down state.
    Potent Rage (Passive): Whenever King Groot suffers from a Power Lock Debuff, he becomes Unstoppable for the duration of the Debuff. Whenever he reaches his Power cap on a Power Lock Node, he becomes Unstoppable for 6.5 seconds.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1: Floral Ferocity – The monarch of Planet X smashes his opponent into the unforgiving Earth with two mighty slams.
    • 90% chance to Armor Break the target, reducing Armor by 272 for 8.0 seconds. If King Groot has an active Fury Buff, he consumes it to make the Armor Break permanent. [Max: 9 Stacks]
    Special 2: Internal Toxicity – King Groot pours forth a toxic wave of plant-based venoms.
    • 100% chance to Poison the opponent, dealing 1666 direct damage over 8.0 seconds. If King Groot has an active Fury Buff, he consumes it to apply an additional Poison effect.
    • Against Poison Immune Champions, this attack has a 100% chance to place a Weakness Debuff on the opponent, reducing their Attack by 499.8 for 8.0 seconds.
    Special 3: Savagery Unleashed – King Groot sends out his plant material to envelope his opponent and crush them.
    • King Groot overloads his floral cells to gain a Regeneration Buff, recovering 1991 Health over 3.0 seconds. If King Groot has an active Fury Buff, this attack consumes it to increase the duration of the Regeneration by 50%.

SYNERGIES
    • Friends with Venom or Abomination: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Enemies with Hulk, Hulk (Ragnarok), or Groot: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Flora Colossus with Groot: King Groot: Begins the fight with an additional active Fury buff, and gains one additional active Fury buff after his Cool Down state ends. Groot: Groot has a 20% chance to instantly regain 20% of his HP just before he is knocked out. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Conquerors with Hela, Mephisto, Dormammu, or The Champion: King Groot: King Groot's SP1 consumes one active Fury Buff to place a passive Permanent Fury Buff on King Groot that increases his attack by 10%. Passive Permanent Fury Buffs are not counted when determining whether King Groot enters his Cool Down state. Hela: At the start of the fight each Champion on Hela’s team that is knocked out grants her an additional +15 Spirits. Mephisto: Mephisto gains +10% Base Attack. Dormammu: Medium Combo Attack Finisher depletes an additional 7.5% of the opponent's Max Power. The Champion: Whenever the Champion loses a Fury buff, he has a 5% chance to regain that Fury buff for its full duration. If a Fury buff is Nullified, this chance increases to 25%. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    7. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    10. War Machine
    11. Superior Iron Man
    12. Colossus
    13. Black Panther
    14. Gamora
    If any of your gentlefolk would like to review my Colossus, Black Panther, Gamora, or King Groot rebuilds, I welcome the feedback. Best wishes! @Magrailothos @Whododo872

Also, it would be fantastic if any of the rebuilds in this thread weren't just theorycraft and could actually see implementation from the development team. If you could pass them along, @Kabam Miike, @Kabam Lyra, @Kabam Zibiit, @Kabam Vydious, or @Kabam Wolf, that would be greatly appreciated! I would hope that this isn't just the collection bin for Champion rebuilds so that we don't have a million threads calling for them cluttering up the forums.

Best wishes, all!
    Other Champions that I'm considering a redesign of:
    • Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    • Karnak
    • Daredevil (Netflix)
    • Old Man Logan
    • Iron Patriot
    • Howard the Duck
    • Loki
    • Thor (Jane Foster)

Please feel free to cast your vote for my next Champion to rebuild.

Best wishes, all!
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 111
    Other Champions that I'm considering a redesign of:
    • Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    • Karnak
    • Daredevil (Netflix)
    • Old Man Logan
    • Iron Patriot
    • Howard the Duck
    • Loki
    • Thor (Jane Foster)

Please feel free to cast your vote for my next Champion to rebuild.

Best wishes, all!

Karnak. Just because I liked him before I got gwenpool.
    Iron fist.
    Based on a 5/50 max signature level 4*.

Sig ability: Passed Shao Lao's Trial:
    Start the fight in Iron Fist Mode with a reduced cool down. Down to 15 seconds (scales with sig).

Abilities:
    Raging Tiger (passive):
    Every 3 hits Danny receives activates a Rage Charge that increases his attack by 99.4. This charge is spent when Danny next uses his medium attack, applying a weakness debuff, reducing the opponents ability accuracy by 17% for 13 seconds. Does stack.

Kung-fu Master (passive):
    Rand's extensive training in the martial arts, enables him to take control of a sticky situation with ease.
    Every time Danny suffers from Class disadvantage, he starts the fight with a passive armor buff, increasing his armor rating by 272.7 for 30 seconds. Every time he has Class advantage, he starts the fight with a passive fury buff, increasing his attack rating by 214.3 for 30 seconds.

Shao Lao's Trial:
    Fighting the Eternal Dragon is no mean feat.
    Dashing back and blocking for 3 seconds activates Iron Fist Mode. Every hit is critical, dealing energy damage equivalent to Danny's physical attack damage. Landing a heavy attack nullifies one buff from his opponent, and places a shock debuff that deals 1,889.9 damage over 11 seconds. Each subsequent heavy attack nullifies one buff and refreshes the shock debuff.
    Light attacks apply a concussion debuff that lasts 3 seconds. If the stack of concussion reaches 7, the opponent is stunned for 4 seconds.
    Effect lasts 20 seconds, with 30 second cool down.

Mantis Strike:
    All medium attacks apply armor break, reducing the opponents armor rating by 131 for 9 seconds. If in Iron Fist Mode, the hit does both physical damage (applying an armor break) and energy damage (degen debuff of 123 damage every second for 4 seconds). Once armor break stacks reaches 8, the opponent receives armor shatter, reducing ability accuracy to 0%, power gain by 60%, and armor rating by 1,237 for 15 seconds.

Special 1:
    A series of flying kicks.
    Applies 1 armor break, reducing armor rating by 131 for 9 seconds on the opponent and activates a fury buff, increasing attack rating by 321 for 9 seconds. If in Iron Fist Mode, apply 3 armor breaks for 9 seconds each, and 2 fury buff increasing attack rating by 642 for 9 seconds each.

Special 2:
    Applies a concussion debuff, reducing offensive ability accuracy by 40% for 10 seconds, and a precision buff increasing critical rating by 240 for 10 seconds. If in Iron Fist Mode, apply a concussion debuff for 15 seconds, reducing offensive ability accuracy by 60%; gain 1 cruelty buff, increasing critical damage rating by 456 for 15 seconds.

Special 3:
    (If not in Iron Fist Mode)
    Activate Iron Fist Mode and use up all available Chi to activate a degen debuff for 567 damage every second for 6 seconds, and a regen buff for 579 health twice a second for 6 seconds.
    Immediately get out of Iron Fist Mode and reset the cooldown after using 3rd special.
    (If in Iron Fist Mode)
    Activate a shock debuff for 1,134 every second for 4 seconds.
    Heavy attack (regardless of mode) refreshes the shock debuff. Immediately get out of Iron Fist Mode and reset cooldown.

Synergies:
    Friends with Black Panther:
    Iron fist gains +5 seconds on armor up or fury at the start of the fight, depending on Class advantage or disadvantage. Black Panther inflicts a 9 second bleed with every heavy attack. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.

Masters of Magic with Doctor Strange:
    Iron Fist's Iron Fist Mode cooldown decreases by 3 seconds and its active duration lasts 3 seconds longer. Doctor Strange activates power gain twice as much with 10% increased duration and potency. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.

Friends with Wolverine:
    Iron Fist's regen buff is doubled in duration and potency. Wolverine's regen buffs are doubled in duration. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.

Defenders with Daredevil, Luke Cage, and She-Hulk: Iron Fist's Iron Fist Mode deflects bullets back to the opponent when blocking at a 10% chance, causing bleed at 20% of the opponents base bleed damage. Daredevil can now evade basic attacks at 7% chance. Luke Cage's indestructible charge cooldown is decreased by 30%. She-Hulk's heavy attack now causes armor break for 4 seconds, reducing the opponents armor rating by 279 for 4 seconds when the opponent is stunned. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.
  • BayPirAteBayPirAte Posts: 23
    I pulled Bishop 6* yesterday. I was really happy until I played with him. His damage needs to be improved.. I mean no critical hit on sp attacks. It’s really hard to get parry with, the game is flawed, Defenders just won’t attack right into him.
    If is damage is little bit improved & regeneration decreased, than he is playable I guess.
    Review coming, as requested.
    Nairvehl wrote: »
    Iron fist.

Start the fight in Iron Fist Mode with a reduced cool down. Down to 15 seconds (scales with sig).
    That's a mighty long cool down mode.
    Abilities:
    Raging Tiger (passive):
    Every 3 hits Danny receives activates a Rage Charge that increases his attack by 99.4. This charge is spent when Danny next uses his medium attack, applying a weakness debuff, reducing the opponents ability accuracy by 17% for 13 seconds. Does stack.
    This feels like it's going to yo-yo a lot. Plus, it's way too powerful. I can easily stack 3 of these in 13 seconds to cut my opponent's Ability Accuracy in half, which isn't what Weakness debuffs do anyway.
    Rand's extensive training in the martial arts, enables him to take control of a sticky situation with ease.
    Every time Danny suffers from Class disadvantage, he starts the fight with a passive armor buff, increasing his armor rating by 272.7 for 30 seconds. Every time he has Class advantage, he starts the fight with a passive fury buff, increasing his attack rating by 214.3 for 30 seconds.
    The buffs aren't horrendously powerful, but they are very long. They also feel awkward. If I'm at a disadvantage, I get something good. If I'm at an advantage, I also get something good. Disadvantage shouldn't grant you a bonus.
    Shao Lao's Trial:
    Dashing back and blocking for 3 seconds activates Iron Fist Mode. Every hit is critical, dealing energy damage equivalent to Danny's physical attack damage. Landing a heavy attack nullifies one buff from his opponent, and places a shock debuff that deals 1,889.9 damage over 11 seconds. Each subsequent heavy attack nullifies one buff and refreshes the shock debuff.
    Light attacks apply a concussion debuff that lasts 3 seconds. If the stack of concussion reaches 7, the opponent is stunned for 4 seconds.
    Blocking for 3 whole seconds? You'll almost never activate this. Even if you did, it's grossly overpowered. Every hit is critical, you Nullify, you throw Shock, you Concuss, then you Stun. Plus Rage and the Weakness/Ability Accuracy reduction on Medium attacks... And this lasts longer than a lot of fights. This is not a balanced ability set.
    Mantis Strike:
    All medium attacks apply armor break, reducing the opponents armor rating by 131 for 9 seconds. If in Iron Fist Mode, the hit does both physical damage (applying an armor break) and energy damage (degen debuff of 123 damage every second for 4 seconds). Once armor break stacks reaches 8, the opponent receives armor shatter, reducing ability accuracy to 0%, power gain by 60%, and armor rating by 1,237 for 15 seconds.
    Overpowered, and on top of everything else, it's overkill. There's not even a way to shut any of this down.
    Special 1:
    Applies 1 armor break, reducing armor rating by 131 for 9 seconds on the opponent and activates a fury buff, increasing attack rating by 321 for 9 seconds. If in Iron Fist Mode, apply 3 armor breaks for 9 seconds each, and 2 fury buff increasing attack rating by 642 for 9 seconds each.
    This is overpowered. Your average maxed out 4-star has around 273 Armor Rating and between 1000 to 1300 Attack rating. You're going to Armor Break on SP1 for 50%-150% of their armor rating PLUS double your attack rating. For 9 seconds.
    Special 2:
    Applies a concussion debuff, reducing offensive ability accuracy by 40% for 10 seconds, and a precision buff increasing critical rating by 240 for 10 seconds. If in Iron Fist Mode, apply a concussion debuff for 15 seconds, reducing offensive ability accuracy by 60%; gain 1 cruelty buff, increasing critical damage rating by 456 for 15 seconds.
    This is also overpowered. There's no reason to play anyone else except for the challenge of the game.
    Special 3:
    Activate Iron Fist Mode and use up all available Chi to activate a degen debuff for 567 damage every second for 6 seconds, and a regen buff for 579 health twice a second for 6 seconds.
    Immediately get out of Iron Fist Mode and reset the cooldown after using 3rd special.
    (If in Iron Fist Mode)
    Heavy attack (regardless of mode) refreshes the shock debuff. Immediately get out of Iron Fist Mode and reset cooldown.
    What available Chi? There's not even a mechanic for Chi in this build. This special is overpowered. Since a maxed out 4-star has somewhere between 12K and 18K health, the shock damage alone is in the neighborhood of 25% to 38% of your opponent's health (if you're fighting a roughly equal opponent), and that doesn't count the damage from the Special itself. The degeneration is somewhat more reasonable (not really) at 19% to 28% of your opponent's total health, while you regain somewhere in the neighborhood of 38% to 56% of your own with no way to shut that down.
    Synergies:
    Iron fist gains +5 seconds on armor up or fury at the start of the fight, depending on Class advantage or disadvantage. Black Panther inflicts a 9 second bleed with every heavy attack. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.

Iron Fist's Iron Fist Mode cooldown decreases by 3 seconds and its active duration lasts 3 seconds longer. Doctor Strange activates power gain twice as much with 10% increased duration and potency. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.

Friends with Wolverine:
    Iron Fist's regen buff is doubled in duration and potency. Wolverine's regen buffs are doubled in duration. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.

Defenders with Daredevil, Luke Cage, and She-Hulk: Iron Fist's Iron Fist Mode deflects bullets back to the opponent when blocking at a 10% chance, causing bleed at 20% of the opponents base bleed damage. Daredevil can now evade basic attacks at 7% chance. Luke Cage's indestructible charge cooldown is decreased by 30%. She-Hulk's heavy attack now causes armor break for 4 seconds, reducing the opponents armor rating by 279 for 4 seconds when the opponent is stunned. Unique synergy, does not stack with multiple synergies.
    More overpowered material that doesn't necessarily work with the established mechanics of some of the Champs (Like Dr. Strange - is he going to go into Armor mode, Fury mode, then Power Gain mode, then Power Gain mode again?).

Redesigning champions can be a lot of fun, but I was loathe to even review this because it's ridiculously overpowered. It just wouldn't make the game fun to play at all. However, you did ask for feedback... Tone this WAY down and look at creating a harmonious balance of abilities. This felt like the kitchen sink was strapped to it, and there was no theme to it other than a very Tim Allen-esque "MORE POWER". 😔 Try keeping it more in line with other champions in the game, because this one puts God-tier to shame.

Best wishes!
    Review coming, as requested.
    Iron fist.

That's a mighty long cool down mode.
    Abilities:
    Raging Tiger (passive):
    This feels like it's going to yo-yo a lot. Plus, it's way too powerful. I can easily stack 3 of these in 13 seconds to cut my opponent's Ability Accuracy in half, which isn't what Weakness debuffs do anyway.
    The buffs aren't horrendously powerful, but they are very long. They also feel awkward. If I'm at a disadvantage, I get something good. If I'm at an advantage, I also get something good. Disadvantage shouldn't grant you a bonus.
    Shao Lao's Trial:
    Blocking for 3 whole seconds? You'll almost never activate this. Even if you did, it's grossly overpowered. Every hit is critical, you Nullify, you throw Shock, you Concuss, then you Stun. Plus Rage and the Weakness/Ability Accuracy reduction on Medium attacks... And this lasts longer than a lot of fights. This is not a balanced ability set.
    Mantis Strike:
    Overpowered, and on top of everything else, it's overkill. There's not even a way to shut any of this down.
    Special 1:
    This is overpowered. Your average maxed out 4-star has around 273 Armor Rating and between 1000 to 1300 Attack rating. You're going to Armor Break on SP1 for 50%-150% of their armor rating PLUS double your attack rating. For 9 seconds.
    Special 2:
    This is also overpowered. There's no reason to play anyone else except for the challenge of the game.
    Special 3:
    (If in Iron Fist Mode)
    What available Chi? There's not even a mechanic for Chi in this build. This special is overpowered. Since a maxed out 4-star has somewhere between 12K and 18K health, the shock damage alone is in the neighborhood of 25% to 38% of your opponent's health (if you're fighting a roughly equal opponent), and that doesn't count the damage from the Special itself. The degeneration is somewhat more reasonable (not really) at 19% to 28% of your opponent's total health, while you regain somewhere in the neighborhood of 38% to 56% of your own with no way to shut that down.
    Synergies:

Friends with Wolverine:

More overpowered material that doesn't necessarily work with the established mechanics of some of the Champs (Like Dr. Strange - is he going to go into Armor mode, Fury mode, then Power Gain mode, then Power Gain mode again?).

Redesigning champions can be a lot of fun, but I was loathe to even review this because it's ridiculously overpowered. It just wouldn't make the game fun to play at all. However, you did ask for feedback... Tone this WAY down and look at creating a harmonious balance of abilities. This felt like the kitchen sink was strapped to it, and there was no theme to it other than a very Tim Allen-esque "MORE POWER". 😔 Try keeping it more in line with other champions in the game, because this one puts God-tier to shame.

Best wishes!

Got it. WAY too overpowered. I'll edit it down a bit later today. Thanks for your input. Btw, I didn't think it was overpowered when I was writing this (drained of sleep and @ 2 A.M.).
    Also, what does the weakness debuff do?
    edited December 2018
    This was overpowered, @Nairvehl; but some nice ideas:

King-fu master is a little too powerful; but how about if at class disadvantage, Danny either gains block proficiency or a small evade/Autoblock chance?

I like Raging Tiger, but it sounds like the sort of ability that should trigger on a well-timed block rather than on being struck. Should either increase damage or inflict weakness or reduce ability accuracy; probably not all three.

Special attacks: I think it's reasonable to have access to some kind of DoT; but again, you should probably pick one of Degeneration, Energy damage or Shock; not all three.

Iron Fist mode sounds like a mystic mash-up of Corvus and Red Hulk; making IF offensively superior to either of them! Why not have a shorter, less-powerful attack mode; but one that's a bit easier to trigger? As noted, a three-second block hold is pretty difficult. Or keep it powerful; but shorter, and access it via SP2 or 3?

Just for your chance to do your own feedback, here are the reworks that @Bodhizen and I did earlier in this thread!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/620498#Comment_620498

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/647637/#Comment_647637

As usual, mine is a fairly simple design, and Bodhizen's is a more full-on redesign that could, like yours, be accused of being overpowered; with access to Blade's regeneration, Karnak's True Strike and Poison Resistance, Magik's Power Lock and Loki's SP2 health drain (except better as it's accessed based on % health rather than actual health, so will be far more accessible in end-game content). Feel free to let us know what you think.