**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Offseason and the AW Burnout Issue

Comments

• RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    edited January 2019
    atleast 2 weeks.... 1 week is not enough... so much content... so much resources wasted on season... !! or make the rewards better!!!

i mean how we have some gifting event that gives rare 5*, and 2 full t5b etc.... for just wasting money/gifting stuff.... and we play every week, stress, time wasted, resources, and to what? check those rewards... its not worth the pain
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    Vale84 wrote: »
    The only schedule they follow is that of greed.

Oh as a top 10 player i'm DYING to play another season for 25k t2a and 1/3 of t5.

Oh wait, gifting event netted 2 full t5 and 6 t2a. now that's easy, it's like you won season 4-5 times in a row.

10 months to correct the game for players to like it, 2 months to destroy what you built and go back 100 steps.

Noice.

Start whenever you want, half top tier is retiring, thanks to your smart way of dealing with things kabam, gg.

Man im gonna love the penalties for getting players in without time to check on them and performances, finding out later they mod or worse. 10+

you said it all... how we have some gifting event that worth a lot of more then all this AW season rewards... all that stress, time and resources wasted??.... nonsense
  • KaptainKaptain Posts: 48
    I couldn't agree more! A 1 week break is too short. Especially when you have to recruit to replace people that leave after the season ends. Not to leave out the added pressure on officers to organize placement during the season. Give us more than a 1 week to regroup. What is the rush to start the next season?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Remember when Kabam decided to shorten seasons from two months to one, while keeping the off-season 2 weeks, and the same people were on here complaining that in the long term, they'd be screwed out of season rewards? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Bobbylort wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I really don't get the burnout point.

I mean you can easily just switch to a lower alliance for a season or two if the stress is too much. I spent a season in Gold 2 alliance because I was away from holidays. You cannot hold the whole game back to cater to your personal needs.

Clearly not leading any ally i can see..

I was and currently kind of still doing it. the only thing that requires your time is D placement. and if you have fixed placement, this one goes away, and it is expected in top alliances - looks like you won't be satisfied only if you are in plat
  • thakurazytthakurazyt Posts: 7
    We definately need 2 weeks break between season. Building up resources, find new players and balancing the BGs after testing in off season war takes sometime and all of this surely cannot be completed in 1 week!!!!
    Please Kabam, rethink on this!
  • reversereverse Posts: 21
    I think one week is shorter.
    Need to know if there is trade in our player roster, test New player, and be ready in 4 aw ?
    It don't let place to a mistake.
    When we see kabam is hunting cheat, or piloting, we want to know how help with delay so short.
    I think 2 weeks better to have a real break to make better seasons.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    BRJ2002 wrote: »
    Kabam is giving you all the silent treatment. How shocking. No explanations. They just done care about it. Just want their money.

It’s almost as if kabam only listens when you stop spending or playing.

Outside of maybe .008% of players, everyone would do better if they just skipped AW seasons and bought the t5b deals that come 2-3x a month.

Zero stress from seasons with all the t5b rewards from seasons at a lower cost than seasons.
  • BobbylortBobbylort Posts: 18
    Aleor wrote: »

I mean you can easily just switch to a lower alliance for a season or two if the stress is too much. I spent a season in Gold 2 alliance because I was away from holidays. You cannot hold the whole game back to cater to your personal needs.

I was and currently kind of still doing it. the only thing that requires your time is D placement. and if you have fixed placement, this one goes away, and it is expected in top alliances - looks like you won't be satisfied only if you are in plat
    Yeah except of course there’s also:
    -sorting lanes for people (not bad if bg stays the same)
    -recruiting new members to replace all those that decide to take a break/those that just can’t cut it
    -making sure those new members arent useless/assholes/cheaters.
    -actually playing the game yourself.

It’s not an easy job being an officer and it’s certainly made harder by the 1 week offseason.

He did say 'kind of" so I figured I wouldn't bother explaining, but Thx for doing it nonetheless haha
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    People in low tiers or playing well below their skill level don't care. People in competitive allys care a lot. Kabam only cares about making as much money as possible.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

-recruiting new members to replace all those that decide to take a break/those that just can’t cut it

It’s not an easy job being an officer and it’s certainly made harder by the 1 week offseason.

He did say 'kind of" so I figured I wouldn't bother explaining, but Thx for doing it nonetheless haha

Spent 2 years as an officer so annoys me when people claim it’s easy 😂
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Spent 2 years as an officer so annoys me when people claim it’s easy 😂

spent more than a year managing a bg, now only do placement. you can devide all things you have to do among different people in your aly. delegate stuff. wich is basically what I was doing
    It's nice to the bg officers aren't affected.. Be glad you don't have to deal with building a stable team after 3-5 players across bgs go for upping their game/quitting the game/taking breaks in smaller allies due to the aw rush..

Nice to see you guys got everything under control when you gotta sort defense.. Sounds like sorting defense is actully very much harder than anything else in running an ally.. I'll man up and get a promotion from leader to bg aw defense sorter.. That's where the real stuff goes down
    Going away from the actual topic a little, I don't like the season structure at all. I think all these prizes should just be added to the normal war rewards.

But 1 week or 2 week or no week break doesn't make a difference.

It doesn't to you, which is fine, but plenty of us get stressed over it cause we now have the same amount of work to do in less time.. That's why we're here to hopefully be heard and make a change that'll benifit the majority
  • Totally agree with the burnout. I’m an active player but don’t want to only do war.
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    I want to open crystals only.
  • AkumaAkuma Posts: 8
    It would be good for the community to have 10 days to 2 weeks off to recoup.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Well here's the thing, now that we many have voiced their desire for a longer break, the data needs to back that up. One way would be to encourage your alliance to not partake in the first of week of AW and give yourselves a break. If the data doesn't show that players need to take a break, then Kabam has little to go on when it comes to actually giving the player base a break.

I had to reset my thinking when it came to AW and just decide not to do it anymore and find an alliance which allows for that.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    My suggestion to make war more enjoyable and less stressful would be simple. Make it similar to AQ. Every week include milestones for points earned that provide war crystals/other rewards and give rank rewards based on your point total. The points will be reset every week. It gives alliances the choice week to week to decide how much resources they should put into AW. Also, seasons put a psychological strain on alliances. Get rid of titles and advertised tiers. If god forbid an alliance drops down to gold 1, the alliance can't recruit anyone of value. People leave after the season is over causing chaos to replace quality members before the next season. This system would put an end to that.
  • @mostlyharmlessn - that's nice in theory. But here's the reality. It's simply not gonna happen. No one wants to go into the season 1 week behind points wise. You skip even 1 war, you might as well skip the whole of it because you just shot yourself in the foot points wise.

@ContestOfNoobs - I wish i had seen this post you spoke of. Cuz I had a sinking feeling this was coming too. I had hoped for the best, but always expect the worst. Like you said, here we are. I don't frequent the forum too often. Only recently have I started posting again in the hopes the many outweigh the few. The half baked thinking in this thread by the few is real. The many are pretty clear.

Simply stated, we were told when they cut the Season times in half it would be, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. There's no logic behind what was said. Until it gets explained in logical detail, many are left with questions. This comes with a sour taste of nonsense coupled with the smell of bull. I cannot fathom how cutting our off time in half has ANYTHING to do with optimizing ANYTHING.

Until we get more than, the 'We don't have anymore information for now, but stay tuned' cover show.... many will be left with questions. Saying you 'don't have' more information is tantamount to an admission of not knowing. Not knowing why you're doing something is rather foolish if you ask me. Seems to me, some aren't given the whole truth. We certainly aren't. But maybe it's not limited to us. Which I would be pretty mad if I were the mods and I didn't know why I was telling everyone what I was. Perhaps the team should have an open discussion on this sooner than later. I think that much is only fair at this point.