**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is master even worth it anymore?

124»

Comments

• Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Str wrote: »
    Master is doable nornally with 4/40 4* champs. Some poeople do the 3* master mode challenge. But i admit you have to have a lot of different skills that you tend to develop end game.

Its no longer about parrying its about intercepting, baiting, evading and knowing how to play around the different abilities.

I suggest watching you tube videos, practise on easy difficulties so you can nail every evade and intercept. The content can be tough but honestly most of the damage is now avoidable as long as you have a wide roster of utility.

Its now easier than ever to get r4 champs and 5* shards. I suggest you do more of the story to become uncollected as soon as possible so you can get all the resources to rank up a few heavy hitters. The jump from master to uncollected is pretty big though and even though that is the case i do feel they need much better rewards for the energy invested.

Its hard to intercept when the game lags and freezes every time an opponent dashes in they make it impossible to understand the actual timing with that glitch
    scxoxo wrote: »
    funnily enough last month’s master mode was my first time being able to complete master, i used only 4/40s and no revives, only a few potions which were useless anyway... and my team rating was way below the recommended. maybe it was luck, i don’t know, but i’ve been slowly working my way up to completing master. i don’t consider myself a particularly skilled player, i found the nodes a bit frustrating but since only the bosses were buffed it was much easier than i expected...

Wait untill you get your first. R5 4 star in there the pi magically jumps automatically the champion was boss when i got my first r5 and the pi on the boss in the exact mission i was already in jumped from 18k to 26k
    I don’t mind it being harder(not that I’m saying it’s hard) if master could have extra 1000-1500 5* shards

I agree it might be worth it then.. The rewards just dont feel worth it now..
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    The trouble I have with master is the AI is often incredibly passive, and with the recent trend with unavoidable damage, the rewards aren't enough for the difficulty. I've found both The Thing and MODOK to be so much easier on Uncollected difficulty than in Master purely based on the AI actually fighting instead of backing into a corner and blocking. I'm finding master difficulty more about luck than skill, luck that they actually use their special attacks instead of just hiding waiting for the SP3
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Last month was just Darkhawk. This month seemed pretty easy, did most of it with X23.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 wrote: »
    scxoxo wrote: »
    funnily enough last month’s master mode was my first time being able to complete master, i used only 4/40s and no revives, only a few potions which were useless anyway... and my team rating was way below the recommended. maybe it was luck, i don’t know, but i’ve been slowly working my way up to completing master. i don’t consider myself a particularly skilled player, i found the nodes a bit frustrating but since only the bosses were buffed it was much easier than i expected...

Wait untill you get your first. R5 4 star in there the pi magically jumps automatically the champion was boss when i got my first r5 and the pi on the boss in the exact mission i was already in jumped from 18k to 26k

What? lol. You think the PI of champs in EQ is different for different players? And you think it changes if you rank a champ? That's actually the craziest claim I've ever seen on the forum.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    December was the first month since i was first able to do 100% on it that i was not able to do 100% on master. Master should not be this hard. If Kabam wants to gear towards more skilled players then have epic above the uncollected game mode and push master's difficulty back to what it was months ago. This is ridiculous and eventually they will lose more players because of this greed on their part.

Kabam has really shown they don't care about mid level players already so I wouldn't hold my breath (The back issue quest for example....there is only really easy not worth the time or crazy hard)
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    master is great practice for UC.
    if you are at the level of doing UC then master is definately worth it.
    master will be easy for the most part and you will have a great place to practice and learn the new champs.

i cant speak for someone who is at the progression point of finding master hard to do but wat i can say is the rewards are great for helping you progress toward completing UC so IMO you should be pushing to do master always.
    Str wrote: »
    Master is doable nornally with 4/40 4* champs. Some poeople do the 3* master mode challenge. But i admit you have to have a lot of different skills that you tend to develop end game.

Its no longer about parrying its about intercepting, baiting, evading and knowing how to play around the different abilities.

I suggest watching you tube videos, practise on easy difficulties so you can nail every evade and intercept. The content can be tough but honestly most of the damage is now avoidable as long as you have a wide roster of utility.

Its now easier than ever to get r4 champs and 5* shards. I suggest you do more of the story to become uncollected as soon as possible so you can get all the resources to rank up a few heavy hitters. The jump from master to uncollected is pretty big though and even though that is the case i do feel they need much better rewards for the energy invested.

I agree for the most part there is tons of other content in the game with better rewards i feel my time and energy is better invested elsewhere and that was really the whole point of my post..i can finish act 1 or 2 if i really want another 3 star that badly! i can get more than triple the 5 star shards from the other daily event and it takes 10 minutes at most (not counting the horrible loading times) and with the energy costs im better off using the energy for act 5 or road to labyrinth the rewards just dont match the effort in comparison to other aspects of the game
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Absolutely. The more I’ve progressed, the easier it has become. There is no Master mode that I could not finish at this point. There aren’t even any nodes outside of the bosses. Save your units, farm potions, and restart if you need to. I’m a good player, but not great by any means. Lots of practice, study, good masteries, and thoughtful roster development. Patience.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Master is easier this month and great.
  • I agree that a bit of a rewards increase is overdue. But I don't see why you are complaining about it being difficult I spent a long time in this game building up my roster to be able to do it 100% each month. It's what everyone has to do. You have other game modes to help you progress like alliance quest/war. And if you haven't done it already start going through story completion or exploration.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I can't tell you an end game player that struggles with master...

Only way to get better and able to keep going is to practice. If heroic is done immediately you have two options. To stop spending on refills, and take your time through the month, or keep entering master and retrying the fights. It costs nothing to try the first few fights every day, let energy recharge, and try again tomorrow. Only way to get better

Seatin played the Master of the last EQ, and himself, ON CAMERA, said it was harder then the Uncollected one, not jn terms of difficulty, but by the different nodes Master Mode had

I did a run in Master last EQ with all 4*s and beat Dark Hawk. No items. It was in no way harder than uncollected lol

Here he is again guys, let all give him a round of applause. This guy right here must be the greatest ever, everything is easy for him. He must have not got enough attention when he was a kid, he is always bragging on himself. No one else will brag on him, I have never seen him play but I can tell you from reading his comments. He is the absolute best player in the contest. Move over seatin, lagacy69, Analyzer and every one else. This guy could beat MMXIV in a war by himself. He is like the Ali of the contest, he must be the greatest. Every month if some one says something is difficult, this guy has to tell them how easy it is for him. With everything being so easy, I dont know why he is wasting his time playing. I dont know why he isn't in one of the top alliances.
    It has got more difficult, the rewards have stayed the same.
    I agree that a bit of a rewards increase is overdue. But I don't see why you are complaining about it being difficult I spent a long time in this game building up my roster to be able to do it 100% each month. It's what everyone has to do. You have other game modes to help you progress like alliance quest/war. And if you haven't done it already start going through story completion or exploration.

To get into an alliance that does map 5 they want you to have a roster that has a base hero rating of 300k and now they have removed the cap on that so most alliances that run it daily we will never be able to survive in..and its good that you had time to learn these different crazy nodes individually before having faced them all together.. A new player doesnt get that option and we have a very small window where our top heroes aren't locked into quests or wars so we have to move fast and get it done quick and kabam doesnt want to give us an option to practice these game modes or crazy nodes without it costing us something.. I get that top players get bored because they pretty much already have everything needed already but thats good reason for kabam to make more content for them. It just doesn't feel worth it anymore . A few crazy nodes every now and then is understandable for master but not all at once like it is..when danm near every boss is unblockable and unstoppable and cannot stun immune along with the insane jump in pi And ai difference between heroic and master it quickly makes a new player feel doomed.. Remember we never got the chance to learn like you did we are thrown to the wolves with no chance
    Absolutely. The more I’ve progressed, the easier it has become. There is no Master mode that I could not finish at this point. There aren’t even any nodes outside of the bosses. Save your units, farm potions, and restart if you need to. I’m a good player, but not great by any means. Lots of practice, study, good masteries, and thoughtful roster development. Patience.

there is about a 10 minute window in between one aq and the next because
    MaatMan wrote: »
    master is great practice for UC.
    if you are at the level of doing UC then master is definately worth it.
    master will be easy for the most part and you will have a great place to practice and learn the new champs.

i cant speak for someone who is at the progression point of finding master hard to do but wat i can say is the rewards are great for helping you progress toward completing UC so IMO you should be pushing to do master always.

I am at the point and ive been speaking..it doesnt feel worth the loss eventually we run out of items and have wasted all our hard work.. Just 1 sp1 from thing kills my heroes and he can use them mid combo.. I beat him but its more hard and not fun at all for someone at my point on the game in would be very simple for kabam to add. A practice mode right at the beginning of event quests so we didnt have to lose so much basically everything is stun immune or unblockable now and i wont get the chance to learn it between lags and the fact that it always costs something important to even try with the small window i have where my champs arent locked 3 months ago it was doable but now its getting to be too much
  • CazathuulCazathuul Posts: 57
    edited January 2019
    The rewards for master are definitely worth it. Heck, the rewards for all difficulties are worth it - normal and beginner for the units alone.

As far as difficulty goes, this month chapters 1 and 2 can be pulled off with 3* champs pretty easily with sufficient skill. It is unlikely you will 1 shot Thing with a 3*, but you have a roster of 5 champs to work with so use them!

Red Hulk pretty much comes down to either the blade trinity or void "wait out the clock" method (3* blade has no chance btw - damage reflect too punishing). I am anticipating master diablo can be one shot with a 3* domino running a full synergy team, I will give it a try tonight!

Edit - forgot to mention, my self imposed rules for 3* runs are no boosts, no revives, no potions so not throwing any items at the content.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Just 1 sp1 from thing kills my heroes and he can use them mid combo.. I beat him but its more hard and not fun at all for someone at my point on the game

See, that's the problem, 1 sp1 from thing kills you. If can't avoid being hit by it, then it's your skill, not the nodes that are the problem.

There's a way around his unstoppable, and if you don't have any of those champs you can at least predict it, anticipate and finish him.

Some champs I have killed him with on Master, all 4-40 4* or 2-35 5*:
    Duped BW
    Unduped Elektra
    Duped Black Panther
    Unduped Gwenpool (3-30 even)
    Blade (maxed 3*, long fight but never in danger)

Do you see what they have in common? BLEED is your answer. Except BW, she funtions only with AAR. Elektra is best, combines AAR with bleed. And these champs are not rare. If you don't have any of these, you shouldn't be playing Master.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Just 1 sp1 from thing kills my heroes and he can use them mid combo.. I beat him but its more hard and not fun at all for someone at my point on the game

See, that's the problem, 1 sp1 from thing kills you. If can't avoid being hit by it, then it's your skill, not the nodes that are the problem.

There's a way around his unstoppable, and if you don't have any of those champs you can at least predict it, anticipate and finish him.

Some champs I have killed him with on Master, all 4-40 4* or 2-35 5*:
    Duped BW
    Unduped Elektra
    Duped Black Panther
    Unduped Gwenpool (3-30 even)
    Blade (maxed 3*, long fight but never in danger)

Do you see what they have in common? BLEED is your answer. Except BW, she funtions only with AAR. Elektra is best, combines AAR with bleed. And these champs are not rare. If you don't have any of these, you shouldn't be playing Master.

Based on my experience against the Thing, mostly in uncollected although it presumably applies to master as well, there's three options: no bleed, lots of bleed, and Blade.

If you have lots of bleed the strategy is to try to trigger as much bleed as possible to keep his armor counter down. This only works well if you have something with a lot of bleed. BP and Gwenpool for example. If you're using something with infrequent bleed this doesn't work well in my experience for reasons I'll explain below.

If you have no bleed, the strategy becomes push his counter to 15 and then pull a special out of him so he burns all his armor stacks. You need to practice getting his energy and his counter to the right level consistently without pushing him to SP3 and without getting punched in the face too much. Champs like Iceman and Luke Cage that can tank SP3 if you push him too high work.

Blade is a special case. His specials bleed, but more importantly his Parry also bleeds. This means you can use Blade in both modes: you can try to push him to 15 and pull a special, but if his power meter is not cooperating you can use parries to drop his counter and build his power back up so you get the right combination of one or two bars (two is better). Played correctly Blade is the best of both worlds: you can use parry to inflict bleed and lower the counter at will, all the way down to zero if you have enough space, and you can use normal attacks that don't bleed and raise the counter to get to 15 and use a bait of special to drop it back to zero. A champ that might work in a comparable way but I didn't have as much success with is Korg. Korg has bleed with special two which is not as useful as Blade's parry, but Korg can tank special three if you make a mistake. Maybe a better Korg driver than me can make this work.

What you don't want is something with a medium amount of inconsistent bleed. That's because the key to defeating Thing is, in my opinion, having control over his armor stacks. Being able to deliberately move it up or down and either keep it pegged down or raise it up to 15 and let a baited special drain it out are both useful tactics. But if you lose control because you can't reliably bleed and you don't know if your attacks are going to raise or lower the armor counter, it becomes very difficult in my experience to prevent getting pummelled by Thing.
  • MultiManagerMultiManager Posts: 30
    Agree with OP, I have 4 accounts, don't ask me why, I just started them over the course of the inception of the game with my last account started a few months before xmas. Whilst I can clear all EQ on my main account due to the caliber of the roster, my two middle accounts that have R4 5* hard a very difficult time completing the last EQ with Dark Thrasher and Night Hawk, this months one doesn't seem as bad but it all comes to the luck of the RNG. My only suggestion which may have already been mentioned is to go as far as you can then possibly do some arena to stock up on BCs for units and/or have a practice on Act 5. Good Luck
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    yes, units, health potions, revives, t4b, 1k 5* shards, ect. it all adds up
  • Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    I was discussing the SAME problem with my alliance
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Belfigor wrote: »
    Lormif wrote: »
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Well my account's probably around a year old and I'm still running 4*s with a R3 5* Sabretooth. With that in mind, I explore master every month, just beat the Collector last month, and I did a completion of uncollected.

And I don't believe the whole "You need this ONE counter bs." I can't recall a single time that was necessary the past few months.. It really just comes down to skill. You have to accept that this is a skill based game.

Really? Please take Miles Morales and go fight Diablo in Master (Uncollected, in my case). Tell me how that goes.

But now youre moving the goal posts. You need better champs, or to learn how to use th champs ou have better. You dont need this <ONE> counter you needs one of these <10> counter. For instance to beat modok in UC you need any champ that can remove armor buffs, just a short list is hood, CG, medusa.

no, it is you who move them...
    do you think all new players are a cowhale?
    not everyone have 50+ 5stars
    and when people finally get something decent they rank that champ up, b0t then kabam make a challenge where you must use an evade counter or a healblocker.....
    You should be able to use colossus and not void fighting a wolverine boss...the problem lies in where kabam create challenges for the top players who can pick and use whatever champion they want.
    i get the idea of some being better to use against others , b0t ut should not be a must have or 100% fail demand...
    just imho
    No, he understood my point exactly. I said one specific champ is never the make or break. That doesn't mean I'm saying you can take in any champ and win..

You will need good champs or specific counters for certain fights but I've never seen the options being limited to one. I beat Darkhawk on my uncollected run last month using a 5* R2 DD Netflix..
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    The difficulty of the monthly EQs, especially UC and Master, has been incrementally creeping up for 13 months now, with zero changes to rewards.

To the OP, if you are struggling, it probably isn't worth it at this point. You don't get anything from Master that will significantly improve your game experience.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    This month's is not even that hard. Last months wasn't hard either, except for DH. I didn't bother finishing last months. This month is no problem, I just poped a boost and got it done. Keep in mind that you don't have to finish it in a week, you got all month to do it, so if you're spending on energy refills its on you.
  • TakingAllDownTakingAllDown Posts: 30
    I dont see why some of u complain so much. Its simple,if u dont practise you wont get better. If u cant do full mastery diff then do chapter 1 only. Its all about practise. Next time try to do more. Simple and master diff do not need 5* champions.
    Dont need practice, if the game works right anything is manageable. The biggest complaint is they make things harder with out any reason. Darkhawk was the only eq I never finished, not because of difficulty because of bugs. He is still bugged my game stops everytime he enters a new mode. Things like this make the game 2 times as hard for some while it stays easy for some. I started beating master with 4 40s, 3 30s and sometimes a 3 star. Last few months 4 55s and 5 50s. The difficulty has got worse, I wouldn't have a problem with it it the game worked right.