**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Map 7, New Milestones, Rank Rewards, Glory Store Update, Reduced cost for Map 4 - 6 Discussion

edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Summoners!

We've just posted a lot of brand new information about Map 7, changes to Maps 1-6, updates to the Glory Store, Ranked Rewards, and MIlestones, and a whole lot more!

There's a lot to take in. Read all about it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/121318/map-7-kings-ransom-new-milestones-rank-rewards-glory-store-update-reduced-cost-for-map-4-6

And you'll definitely have questions, so feel free to ask them in this thread here. We'll be updating our FAQ below as the day goes on.

FAQ

Who is Map 7 for?
It is not designed for the faint of heart. It is meant for those who wish to reach the top Ranks of Alliance Quests only. You will need plenty of skill, a robust roster, and a strong, communicative Alliance to even hope to complete Map 7. It goes without saying but Map 7 is also for people who read the Nodes. If you don’t read the Nodes, well… there’s a meme about not having a good time or something like that.

Why are you making Map 7?
First and foremost, we’re making Map 7 because Map 6 is over 2 years old. Since Map 6 was made at a much different time, the best Summoners have well surpassed its challenge in terms of skill and power. Rather than re-factor Map 6 as a whole and create a more severe difficulty spike from Map 5 to 6, we opted to create Map 7 as a more dynamic, modern challenge for the Summoners of 2019, not the Summoners of 2016.

Will Map 7 take longer than Map 6?
It has roughly the same number of tiles to clear as Map 6 did, however it has more paths, meaning there is much less room for “reserve” Summoners to help out. In our testing of the Map, it took generally the same amount of time to complete as Map 6 as long as all 10 Summoners were bringing their A-Game.

So it’s more intense?
Absolutely. Not only is there less room for error because of the new Buffs and 6-Star Champions, but the base difficulty is higher than Map 6 meaning HP and Attack are also higher. We want to be very clear: Map 7 is only for the most coordinated, prepared, and strongest Alliances. If you are not seeking a top Rank, Map 7 is going to be rough for you. There is a real possibility that you will not be able to 100% explore Map 7 in 3 Battlegroups in all 5 days of Alliance Quests - the choice is yours on whether you want to risk pushing even further as an Alliance.

Why is Map 7 so expensive?
Map 7 is more rewarding than Map 6 - both in points and in Map Crystals. In order to emphasize the degree of difficulty and also to require commitment up front, the map cost has been set intentionally high. Map 7 is an investment, and one that can be lucrative for Alliances who work together those rewards do not come without a significant risk. Luckily, if you’re on the fence about whether the cost will be worth it, Map 7 will be free the week of February 24th alongside all other Alliance Quest Maps.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Hard to understand the tier4cc do rank501 to 800 get a fully formed crystal it hard to nail down without being and do the math but luck cool.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Really trying to burn out officers these days. Can't wait for those nodes to make it to AW.

I don't want to undersell this... If you think that co-ordinating running this Map is going to be too hard or too much work, this Map is not going to be for you. Even if you can handle the fights, a large amount of co-ordination and self sufficiency is going to be needed to complete Map 7.

I'm not trying to be mean... I want to be very realistic with you guys.
    Really trying to burn out officers these days. Can't wait for those nodes to make it to AW.

I don't want to undersell this... If you think that co-ordinating running this Map is going to be too hard or too much work, this Map is not going to be for you. Even if you can handle the fights, a large amount of co-ordination and self sufficiency is going to be needed to complete Map 7.

I'm not trying to be mean... I want to be very realistic with you guys.

When do u get a fully form tier4cc do this stil stay in the old rewards. Hard to nail when it stay Randomizer with the greater glory.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Sounds like Map 6 will have fewer than 10 paths. How many paths are there in map 6 now?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Knocking on wood AQ Piloting gets TOS violation penalties instead of 4,500+ T5BC shards per AQ cycle
  • IKON wrote: »
    Sounds like Map 6 will have fewer than 10 paths. How many paths are there in map 6 now?

Map 6 will still have the same number of paths it currently does, but it will have some nodes removed.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I didn't doubt that for a minute. But the company has to admit with hidden defenders in AW and the new champs that can really only be countered by a select few, along with a map 7 that requires this level of coordination - the game is being pushed to spending more time not playing the game, than actually playing the game. Walking a fine line.

Respectfully, that's your opinion. We'd need to hear thousands to tens of thousands opinions from other players to begin to get an accurate assessment of where MCOC is headed.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Has there been any look at the energy/time demands of map 6 and with this change making them similar to map 5? This is one item that’s stops many from being able to do the map even though it is easily manageable for them on a skill standpoint.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike when you posted the image with the savings costs, if it is down to zero, the savings percentage is how much is saved, but if it isn't, then it's how much is left. Could you correct that, please?

Map 4 Gold = 400k -> 0, 100% savings
    Map 5 Gold = 800k -> 450k, 56.25% left, only 43.65% savings.
  • ClaytonClayton Posts: 43
    Soo still no other way to get BCs and Loyalty? Cuz the slow slow slow rate you get them now your telling us higher tiered allys to go out and find a merc to pay and dump donations for us smh keep upgrading rewards but don’t fix the small issues.
  • Bubba6161Bubba6161 Posts: 156
    @Kabam Miike right now there is cap on the amount of Loyalty players can earn week to week. This is going to have the effect of forcing alliances to choose high performance in AW vs running map 7. And encourage the 3rd party resource economy.

Does Kabam have plans to increase the amount of sources that players can get resources from?

Kind of a big deal.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    edited February 2019
    78810hefnrmx.png
    to confirm, map 7 crystals only contain T5B fragments? nothing else?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    These loyalty costs are getting out of hand. As it is currently, most members in my alliance donate loyalty with units, which can only be done through spending. I think it is actually impossible to achieve 500k loyalty per week if we intend on running 7x5. Will there be more ways of getting loyalty in the future?

I think that’s the point. Just as Map 6 wasn’t intended to run everyday (at least upon its release ) the same is with Map 7. Unless you want to spend.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    Has there been any look at the energy/time demands of map 6 and with this change making them similar to map 5? This is one item that’s stops many from being able to do the map even though it is easily manageable for them on a skill standpoint.

That’s the intention is my guess. You have to be in a highly organized alliances in order to do Map 6 or 7. Skill alone isn’t enough, it takes teamwork and coordination.
  • ArtOfKhaosArtOfKhaos Posts: 59
    We can grind for more BC and Gold.. but that loyalty cost damn. Will you be introducing more ways to earn loyalty as well?
  • Evil_Monkey88Evil_Monkey88 Posts: 125
    Addition of T1-T3 class cats in the glory story is the most exciting change!
  • Ordalca wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike when you posted the image with the savings costs, if it is down to zero, the savings percentage is how much is saved, but if it isn't, then it's how much is left. Could you correct that, please?

Map 4 Gold = 400k -> 0, 100% savings
    Map 5 Gold = 800k -> 450k, 56.25% left, only 43.65% savings.

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    Does anyone have the new, full list of peak milestones, or did I miss it?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Savio444 wrote: »
    2qta7ztwf47m.jpeg
    la5pe1dptj7t.gif

;)

First thing I thought reading that node 🤣
  • when will the map cost reductions be live?