**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please EXPLAIN!How Can Quake's Aftershock Effect Floating Heroes?

Aftershock...an earth based attack,ground attack you may say...Effecting floating heroes?Huh?

Comments

• DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    How does caltrops effect floating heros?

exactly,they shouldnt

this is just an idea to talk about,almost ever hero has a counter,Quake hasn't...Have a 4/55 or higher Quake and go all the way...Thats a bit weird
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Earthquakes dont just affect the ground but the atmosphere as well. The closer to the ground you are the more it would affect you. The reason for this is that earthquakes generate multiple types of waves, shear waves which is what you are thinking about, but also pressure waves. So yes it is possible she can affect flying npcs.
  • As others have said, shockwaves go above the surface and can cause turbulence. If you were in a plane at 30000 feet, you wouldn't feel it, but you would feel it floating just above the surface.

Clearly, Quake's "earthquake" attacks aren't just simple shockwaves since "aftershock" is something that hits the target ten seconds later, even if Quake is just standing around. So Quake doesn't have to hit the target with a significantly powerful real shockwave to set up aftershock, because real shockwaves don't have aftershocks. So it is entirely possible that just being anywhere close to the ground is close enough for Quake's special powers to set up the aftershock vibrations in the target's body. These things are only called earthquakes and aftershocks, but they don't really behave like them. So anything goes, really.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It's not part of the game, but I think it should be. easily tag floating champs as such and make them immune to Quake's Richter scale.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    It's not part of the game, but I think it should be. easily tag floating champs as such and make them immune to Quake's Richter scale.

Why would you break the way those champions work, when in reality they would be affected as well with a real earthquake.
  • The game doesn’t really follow any kind of laws. I mean look at Angela for instance. She hits people with what I’m assuming is a NERF foam sword because it doesn’t cause any bleed at all. There are a bunch of things they could do to make the game more realistic however I just don’t see it happening. Just gotta deal with it.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    It’s a game not real
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    So floating champions are well within her sphere of influence.
  • The game doesn’t really follow any kind of laws. I mean look at Angela for instance. She hits people with what I’m assuming is a NERF foam sword because it doesn’t cause any bleed at all. There are a bunch of things they could do to make the game more realistic however I just don’t see it happening. Just gotta deal with it.

Yeah, they could destroy the game completely. It is completely arbitrary to go after swords that don't cause bleed, and then stop at Ghost Rider not being impossible to kill or Void having enough power to rip all of Battleworld to shreds. You can't use any weapons at all against the telekinetic Phoenix.

It is the very rare comic book author that makes any sense at all, so this is an incredibly weird knock against a game based on those same properties. I was especially amused when people tried to claim that Sentry doesn't actually have the power of "a million exploding suns" when that is word salad that doesn't mean anything in actual physics terms.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    It simply isn't a game mechanic. The model or animations doesn't matter to their abilities, and are simply a visual thing

Well maybe it should be ?
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 733 ★★★
    The same way Iceman can be frozen, Ghostrider and Dormamu can be lit on fire and so much more
  • Quakes ability could potentially be percussive, disorienting the opponent and hence causing a concussion rebuff. It’s a video game. If we went through all of the various physics it would be insane. How come magento can’t crush juggernaut helmet ? Or turn colossus into a ball of metal.... because it doesn’t make sense
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    why can hulk bleed?
    why can hulk not regen?
    why can hulk even be hurt by anything?
    only mystical powers should even be able to affect hulk.

so many things just are the way they are and we just need to accept it