**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I'm not saying I disagree with the majority here, but I can't help but wonder...

Why wasn't there the same level of outrage when the requirements for Variant difficulty were released?

When looking at Act 6 and Variant, both are permanent, both have requirements that would only allow the use of roughly 1/3 of your whole roster, and both inherently contain significant synergy disadvantages (in fact, Variant was possibly MORE restrictive as Act 6's restriction can be overcome with luck).

Not looking to start a debate, but I am curious what people have to say about this.
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    I never called for rank down tickets until now. If I had known 4*s weren’t aloud in Act6 I would not have ranked up 2 of them.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    variant vs act 6 is more like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, it just keeps getting shadyer and shadyer the contant 4 star sells without warning to one week new content restriction feels like a last drop to many
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

I never called for rank down tickets until now. If I had known 4*s weren’t aloud in Act6 I would not have ranked up 2 of them.

Really. You ranked them just for an unreleased chapter?

(Also, I agree. 4* should be more quiet.)
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    edited March 2019

Mags said:

So just to confirm, as of act 6 going forward, you have phased out those champions you refuse to release in 5* or 6* versions?

You know who I'm talking about.. Thor, Scarlett Witch, Wolverine, etc.

I read these forums daily, and have yet to see anything from a mod stating a reason why you won't release them.. it's almost laughable how blatantly the topic is ignored. But that's another topic, for another day, and I'm done holding my breath waiting for a reason.

How about a nod or a wink in reply to this one? Are the original fan favorite gods of old (post nerf obviously) being phased out? Leaving us hanging is much worse than just responding.

We've started slowly rolling out some of these Champions, and are always looking to see if we're in a place where those Champions can safely be released. We don't currently have plans to release these Champions, but as you can see from the release of Black Widow, Electro, etc., this could change.
    Hey @Kabam Miike this is one of my first time commenting on one of these long strings, I never usually do, I have only been playing for a year and have been progressing very well, I don't have my sights on Act 6 at the moment but the move to making 4* completely irrelevant is something that is expected, similarly to how 3* became irrelevant. What really bothers me though is that even though 3* are irrelevant for the most part, all of them are available in higher star forms. Whenever this topic is brought up (regarding 4* that are not released in higher star forms) the mods always speak about "safely" releasing them. It is clear that we are completely moving away from the 4* now, which essentially kills those aforementioned champs.

Many people made use of those champions to become Uncollected and attain Elders Bane, essentially beating everything until now. Now they are utterly useless. Likewise, we will soon see R3 6*, and I don't believe that a maxed SW, going up against an R3 6* on crazy nodes will break the game, and I think many of my fellow summoners would agree (the same goes for the other 4*s not released in higher star forms). If it comes to be that she is still way to too OP even after patch 12.0 (which I was not around for but hear an awful much about), maybe she needs to be revisited and tweaked a bit. I don't know, I just don't like seeing great champions becoming completely irrelevant (particularly OG wolverine which I gain a great amount of usage out of).

The other concern I have, and I wont spend much time on it because others have already, is synergy purposes.

Thank you for reading, I don't do this much, I love this game and am a very, very active and dedicated summoner, I just felt the need to comment and speak my mind and I believe I did so in an appropriate manner.

Thank you.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Got a better idea since everyone seems so adamant about their 4s they should ban 5s and 6s instead.

;)

I have an idea, lets post comments that are actually constructive and on-point with the discussion. ;)
    Like overreacting to losing synergies?
    You mean Kabam destroying a key mechanic when it comes to team building? And don´t underrestimate the power of 4* R5 champions, they can easily one-shot uncollected EQ bosses ;)
    You mean exactly like aw defense where kabam turned synergies off?
    Because using champions as an attacker is the same as placing them as defenders...
    Lol so synergies should only work to benefit you got it. Sorry but turn them on for all events or none. Imo.
    Sorry but synergies are not needed for any chanp to beat content. They make it easier. That's all
    Why are they adding synergies to the game just to tell us we can’t use them? That would be like adding Vision as a 5* but only make him available for hundreds of dollars! (Oh wait...)
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Got a better idea since everyone seems so adamant about their 4s they should ban 5s and 6s instead.

;)

I have an idea, lets post comments that are actually constructive and on-point with the discussion. ;)
    You mean Kabam destroying a key mechanic when it comes to team building? And don´t underrestimate the power of 4* R5 champions, they can easily one-shot uncollected EQ bosses ;)
    Because using champions as an attacker is the same as placing them as defenders...
    Lol so synergies should only work to benefit you got it. Sorry but turn them on for all events or none. Imo.
    Sorry but synergies are not needed for any chanp to beat content. They make it easier. That's all
    Tell me which champion gets a benefit from a synergy as a defender that´s better than the same synergy as an attacker. I´ll wait
    Ant Man with Doc Oc
    AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

;)

Tell me which champion gets a benefit from a synergy as a defender that´s better than the same synergy as an attacker. I´ll wait
    Heimdall synergies would be everywhere in AW if synergies worked for defense. Indestructible and unstoppable on every champ in the map?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    As someone who relies on 4*s like AA, Medusa, and a few others for specific encounters, even in the highest end content as of today, this move is just nonsense.

Either make champions more available or rethink this change.

You created all these champions and all the synergies yet the players are the one punished for it. It just comes of as greedy. Spend enough for a 5* heimdall and you are okay.. grind for a 4* or waste a slot on a 3* and you can't even play, despite it being inherently more difficult for you already.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

I'm not saying I disagree with the majority here, but I can't help but wonder...

Why wasn't there the same level of outrage when the requirements for Variant difficulty were released?

When looking at Act 6 and Variant, both are permanent, both have requirements that would only allow the use of roughly 1/3 of your whole roster, and both inherently contain significant synergy disadvantages (in fact, Variant was possibly MORE restrictive as Act 6's restriction can be overcome with luck).

Not looking to start a debate, but I am curious what people have to say about this.

To me the big difference is the number of options available with class restrictions and the ability to obtain the champs in lower values for those class restrictions. Yes they both have restrictions that limit synergies but the restrictions on act 6 go beyond limiting you to a class where you may have lower level options that require more skill to reducing your account to what am I willing to spend to gain that champ ability I need in 5 or 6*. Remember all champs are available in phc which can be obtained reasonably by grinding arena or from content rewards. 5 and 6*a are only obtained from specific * crystals or grand master crystals with a lot of rng luck.
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

;)

Heimdall synergies would be everywhere in AW if synergies worked for defense. Indestructible and unstoppable on every champ in the map?
    Still, the synergy does make more sense as an attacker as it can save you countless of units. But whether synergies for AW defence should be enabled or not is not the topic here
    I agree, I’m just saying that wasn’t the best argument.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Letting the synergies work if you have the right star chanp is just a cheap move.

Why is someone with a 5* heimdall better than someone who can't pull him or pay for him?

If this truly is about the synergies, it's not balancing content, it's creating a barrier.. one that is most easily overcome with cash.
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Rewards look like ****.
    -No awakening gems? Class or generic
    -Not enough 5 or 6 shards
    -No one needs 2-3 rank gems. Only 3-4 or 4-5 make any sense to work for.
    -540 units...... nuff said lol. Wow
    -add on the items it’s going to take for some of the paths.

Just does not add up. I think I speak for many..... We were expecting much more from the game team.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Csutton said:

Rewards look like ****.
    -No awakening gems? Class or generic
    -Not enough 5 or 6 shards
    -No one needs 2-3 rank gems. Only 3-4 or 4-5 make any sense to work for.
    -540 units...... nuff said lol. Wow
    -add on the items it’s going to take for some of the paths.

Just does not add up. I think I speak for many..... We were expecting much more from the game team.

Bro this is chapter 1, relax lol. Compare Act 6 Ch1 rewards to Act 5 Ch1, it’s much better. Then compare Act 5 Ch1 rewards to Act 4 Ch1, much better.
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    CFree said:

I did not rank them specifically for Act 6. But if I had known they could not be used in Act 6 I would have made a different choice.

CFree said:

I did not rank them specifically for Act 6. But if I had known they could not be used in Act 6 I would have made a different choice.
    That makes little sense to me, but to each his own.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    CFree said:

CFree said:

That makes little sense to me, but to each his own.
    Makes to me, would have kept the resources instead of flushing them down the toilet
    You just said you didn’t rank them specifically for Act 6, so it’s not flushed down the toilet. You ranked them for a non-Act 6 purpose. How are Act 6 restrictions affecting that rationale?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    CFree said:

You just said you didn’t rank them specifically for Act 6, so it’s not flushed down the toilet. You ranked them for a non-Act 6 purpose. How are Act 6 restrictions affecting that rationale?

Your not getting it if he had known act 6 had the restrictions he wouldn’t have ranked them it’s quite simple
    Kobster84 said:

CFree said:

Your not getting it if he had known act 6 had the restrictions he wouldn’t have ranked them it’s quite simple
    You’re not getting it. He ranked them for a purpose that can still be served regardless of Act 6.