**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    So stil not 4 star that bad meantime’s can’t get it dont thx for the node need spiked hige as champions
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    edited March 2019
    DarthHaas said:

Can i have some 4* rank down tickets?

who would you rank down?

All of them, and use my t4b on 5*
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Honestly, a couple 4* rank downs would be great. Know it probably won't happen though and I also know everyone here hates when people bring up RDT's too. But, I would love to rank down my 4* R5 Sparky that I can't use in Act 6 and use the resources to rank up my 5* Sparky that I can use.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Great.
    Indomitable nodes everywhere
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Hang on, that's two different things. You said "The official 'answer' is that 4* champions would not be able to take on Act 6 because they are too weak." That's false: they didn't say that. They did say that allowing 4* champs in Act 6 could lead to frustration, but that doesn't mean there's anything explicitly wrong with 4* champs. Rather, that means all players are different, and for many players attempting to use 4* champs could lead to frustration.

That's not debatable, that's undeniably true. We already see this now: there's lots of players who have expressed frustration over the difficulty of Uncollected monthly events, and the logic is often words to the effect of "they are uncollected, so uncollected should be something they should be able to do." Becoming uncollected is the prerequisite for doing uncollected difficulty, but many players who can't do uncollected difficulty believe that the problem is with the content if they are uncollected, because the prerequisite was met to do it.

They may have never actually said 4* were too weak but it definitely was implied. What other reason could you have to say they would cause frustration ?
    Don't quote my posts if you're not going to read them.
    Bidzy7 said:

Also you are saying that using 4* "COULD" lead to frustration and then saying that it is "UNDENIABLY TRUE".
    Sorry but you can't really say something like that is true because you can't speak on behalf of everyone. You yourself say it "COULD"

It is undeniably true that allowing players into high difficulty content above their skill level relative to their roster strength could lead to frustration, because we have multiple examples of this already happening, which I stated in the post you quoted but did not read. I don't have to speak for everyone to say something could happen: a single example of it actually happening is enough to prove that it could happen. Which is the normal, ordinary meaning of these words.
    I read your post what did i misunderstand

someone said that kabam said that 4* will be too weak. Then you said that was false and all kabam said was using 4* could be frustrating.

I said they may not have actually said they are too weak for the content but it was implied. Do you disagree with this?
    What could cause 4* to be frustrating if not they are too weak to take it on ?

Also this response has shifted now from 4* in act 6 to skilled and roster strength in taking on difficult content, which i would say is not impaired by 4*. The game has been designed that roster strength is affected by RNG and as such people have strengthened their roster with 4* where they are not lucky enough to pull champions to counter certain game mechanics.
    Your original statement said that "MANY" players attempting act 6 with 4* "COULD" have frustrations and that was "UNDENIABLY" true. This is not a matter of fact and is simply your opinion. Act 6 is not out so this is all hypothetical.
    Also there are many reasons for players frustrations such as
    1) Having to use champions that isn't as easy as other champions due to bad pulls
    2) Not being able to get past a certain mechanic /challenge without a suitable counter e.g. iceman's first introduction no one was happy about having to take that unavoidable cold snap damage. Very limited options at the time.
    3) having bugs when taking on the content e.g. lag for dark hawk, the fatigue debuff in variant
    4) having a sense of entitlement that just because they are uncollected they should be able to do UC EQ
    5) not having the skill to consistently avoid specials or certain damage
    6) frustrations to changes to AI or AI speed or AI interaction e.g. not throwing specials

all of these equally apply to 5 & 6*.

the only reason i can think of which would cause frustration in using 4* is they are too weak for the content, which to be honest I can't really see people stating I can't do act 6 with all 4*. Do we see the same with all the content now in regards to 3* ? No we don't because players know their is a higher rarity of champions to look to.

Also your example that i allegedly didn't read talks more about peoples sense of entitlement to completing content just because they meet the requirement for it. I find it hard to believe people complain about not being able to do the monthly UC EQ with only 4* and the actual reasons for peoples frustrations I have mentioned above, which equally apply to 5 & 6*.
    DNA3000 said:

This thought process is completely wrong, but that doesn't mean it doesn't cause problems for the game that would be magically solved if the players who aren't ready for Uncollected were somehow barred from even attempting it. Of course, that's not practical: there's no way to know in advance if someone can or can't do it.

Kabam isn't saying you personally won't be able to do Act 6 with 4* champs. They are saying that the percentage of people who can among all players who will try is low enough to be a problem. In and of itself that isn't the justification for the progress gate, but it is a legitimate factor in favor of it.

Here you say on the one hand you can't know in advance if players can do content or not and its impractical to do that and then on the other hand you're saying kabam know that only a small percentage of players can do the content with 4* and thus that's one of the factors for this gating. Well unless you work for kabam then you don't know what they are "saying" by this gate anymore then the rest of the community. Also you are contradicting yourself here.

If i have misunderstood or misread what you have put in your post, then please elaborate and point me in the right direction.

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    There really is no reason to banning 4* at all.

Every great 4* (other than witch, thor, wolverine) is available as a 5*/6*.

They are not trying to tailor gameplay experiences to give you unique challenges. Variant did an okay job with that. You had to break up your trinities and synergies and deal with enemies head to head. But you could bring a 2*/3* of something to make a new helpful synergy or boost your stronger champs of a certain class.

This is just flat out an "have you opened enough crystals and/or gotten super lucky" gate. That's it.

Heimdall will still heal you, revive you. etc. Nick Fury will still give you attack. Trinities will still synergies.. All on the condition you have them at 5* or higher, which can be an expensive, if not impossible task for players.

I'd much rather see synergy suppression and allow all champs in. This would truly make it a skill based challenge, not a 'did you get ghost wasp antman hood or blade spark g' in the highest rarity' challenge.

But this is going live and people are going to either deal with it or not. I suspect many will, and many will not..

• Drat32Drat32 Posts: 34
    @Kabam Miike any update on who the 6* champ awarded to top 20 legends will be?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    About the T2 alpha fragments in the paths, can these be farmable?
    Or is there a limit on the amount we can get on each quest?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    DarthHaas said:

Can i have some 4* rank down tickets?

who would you rank down?

I would probably rank down some of the 4*s I maxed before pulling 5* versions, so I can rank up the 5*s.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Your Beta testers were [removed]. Were they given advanced rosters with synergy?
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    edited March 2019
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

Drat32 said:

We're not quite ready to reveal that just yet. We have a pretty good idea, but need to make sure it's 100% doable before we can announce anything.
    Not tested? Can’t say I’m surprised
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

Drat32 said:

We're not quite ready to reveal that just yet. We have a pretty good idea, but need to make sure it's 100% doable before we can announce anything.
    Not tested? Can’t say I’m surprised
    To be honest, Maestro was confirmed to be a playable champion in the future. It might be that champion
  • redm4nredm4n Posts: 48
    edited March 2019
    so @Kabam Miike. Are you actually saying that you all rolled out code that was not fully tested and the plan not fully developed? And that’s ok?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Long Distance Relationship - While close to the Defender, the Attacker gains a Weakness Debuff every 3 seconds, reducing their attack by 10% permanently. Staying far away from the Defender causes these Weakness effects to fall off.

Am I reading this wrong says permanently then tells me how to remove them

No worries. It’s permanent as long as the Weakness stays on. There’s a slight language error but no biggie lol
    edited March 2019
    NikoBravo said:

Your Beta testers were [removed]. Were they given advanced rosters with synergy?

As Miike mentioned, us beta testers weren’t given rosters. We used our existing rosters to clear the act. Most of the BS were removed making it significantly easy, esp for 6.1.1. 😂
  • Fast2Fast2 Posts: 62
    These buffs won’t apply until we become cavalier? Because if I read it correctly it should be applied now not later
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Fast2 said:

These buffs won’t apply until we become cavalier? Because if I read it correctly it should be applied now not later

I’m not sure why it appears after 6.1.1 but that’s just the uncollected stuff. Pretty silly to show anyone working on act 6 that grandmaster crystals are now unlocked.
  • Fast2Fast2 Posts: 62
    Vincew80 said:

Fast2 said:

I’m not sure why it appears after 6.1.1 but that’s just the uncollected stuff. Pretty silly to show anyone working on act 6 that grandmaster crystals are now unlocked.
    Yeah I know but then you look at progression and it says this

redm4n said:

It’s because they put out an untested product plain and simple. Theses are errors that should be caught in unit testing and never make it out to the public

Beta testers didn’t know the rewards nor had these new interface alerts etc when the test was on going. Didn’t even know that there’ll be a new title for 6.1 😂
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Yeah I saw that too. I can’t explain other than as others have said & they don’t test jack before releasing it.
  • redm4nredm4n Posts: 48
    xNig thanks for confirming