**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A fair solution for gold issue

Comments

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I don't like doing arena for only 1 reason..the load times..I have to stare at the loading screen for anything between 10 seconds to a minute before I get into a fight...I have 11 teams for the basic 4* arena and it takes close to 50 mins to get through them all...I sometimes do arena but I cannot spend close to 2 hours a day just on arena because I have to do it...there has to be another way to get gold
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

@xNig

Yeah, they definitely do. Search feature seems to be invisible for some people..

Also yeah, I don't know how to make gold available in a more fun and interactive way, but also keeping the balance so more work=more payoff. Eh, it's not a huge bother for me though. I mainly use the same top champs I've had forever, and try to prioritize/limit my next rank ups.

Exactly bro. That’s what I’m saying. Prioritizing rank ups is as important as other aspects of the game. And it’s not as though Kabam didn’t do anything about the “gold problem”, shifting gold to the first 3 arena milestones etc. But still people complain that it isn’t enough.

This is the case of people taking it for granted and keep demanding for more without wanting to put in the effort.

I don't like doing arena for only 1 reason..the load times..I have to stare at the loading screen for anything between 10 seconds to a minute before I get into a fight...I have 11 teams for the basic 4* arena and it takes close to 50 mins to get through them all...I sometimes do arena but I cannot spend close to 2 hours a day just on arena because I have to do it...there has to be another way to get gold

Yes, like doing quests. It’s not like your gold acquisition stop if you don’t do arena. There’s AQ completion rewards that give gold and BC, quests that give you gold per node you walk etc. But I suppose that “isn’t enough” for most people.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    xNig said:

Yes, like doing quests. It’s not like your gold acquisition stop if you don’t do arena. There’s AQ completion rewards that give gold and BC, quests that give you gold per node you walk etc. But I suppose that “isn’t enough” for most people.
    Yea right...spend a month on getting 200 gold per node...rankup a 5* and poof it's gone...so yes it "isn't enough"...u sound like a gym enthusiast saying 'why are people not working on their body' but u fail to conceive that not everybody has the same resources and the dedication as u..and easier access to gold isn't gonna upset the balance of the game...as I said,I do arena when I can but I am not gonna spend 2 hours everyday on it most of which is waiting for the screen to load even if I treat it as a secondary task
  • StubshotStubshot Posts: 43
    Just do whatbi do and grind arena
    edited March 2019

xNig said:

Yea right...spend a month on getting 200 gold per node...rankup a 5* and poof it's gone...so yes it "isn't enough"...u sound like a gym enthusiast saying 'why are people not working on their body' but u fail to conceive that not everybody has the same resources and the dedication as u..and easier access to gold isn't gonna upset the balance of the game...as I said,I do arena when I can but I am not gonna spend 2 hours everyday on it most of which is waiting for the screen to load even if I treat it as a secondary task
    I’m not a gym enthusiast which is why I understand I’ll most probably never be able to bench as much or have that nice washboard abs as some of them do.

What people are asking for with solutions to the “gold issue” is, as per your analogy, not going to the gym but still expect having a nice tone lean body with abs and are able to bench as much as those who do, without putting the time and effort into it.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

Great idea. Don’t really care what anyone else thinks about it,there’s lots of people who do not like arena. Should be other alternatives for gold.

Like doing quests and walking on nodes...

Oh wait..
    I wonder when this trashy troll is going to realize his input is meaningless.. not everybody can no-life arena to get gold. Unfortunately I’ve been hitting all milestones in multiple arenas and still need more gold. There needs to be other alternatives,there’s a reason why the majority struggle with gold.
    Lol still a new player..
    New player? Buddy both of my accounts could hang in your ally. I choose to stay in my gold3/2 ally because we’re a family. Quit actin like ur so much better than people just because you dedicate your entire life to this game. Gold is a huge problem with people who cannot dedicate all of their time. Hitting all milestones should be enough gold wise but it is not. Stop pretending their isn’t an issue just because you and a handful of others do not have the same issue when the majority does have this issue. You’re arguments are trash as are your trolling. You do not spit facts you spit garbage as always. Comparing a game to real life and going to a gym 😂
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Just stop ranking up your champs so fast. I’m always short on gold too since I like ranking up any half decent champion, but I’d probably be fine if I only ranked up the essential ones. I wish there was a way to get gold at a reasonable rate outside of arena, but it works, even if you have to limit your spending if you don’t grind arena
    The only real “gold problem” is that Kabam hasn’t really scaled up gold rewards to account for the larger costs of ranking up 6* champs, but a scaling curve that builds up in higher level gameplay is always going to be a thing in any game.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The solution is better resource management...end of story.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

Great idea. Don’t really care what anyone else thinks about it,there’s lots of people who do not like arena. Should be other alternatives for gold.

Oh wait..
    I wonder when this trashy troll is going to realize his input is meaningless.. not everybody can no-life arena to get gold. Unfortunately I’ve been hitting all milestones in multiple arenas and still need more gold. There needs to be other alternatives,there’s a reason why the majority struggle with gold.
    Lol still a new player..
    New player? Buddy both of my accounts could hang in your ally. I choose to stay in my gold3/2 ally because we’re a family. Quit actin like ur so much better than people just because you dedicate your entire life to this game. Gold is a huge problem with people who cannot dedicate all of their time. Hitting all milestones should be enough gold wise but it is not. Stop pretending their isn’t an issue just because you and a handful of others do not have the same issue when the majority does have this issue. You’re arguments are trash as are your trolling. You do not spit facts you spit garbage as always. Comparing a game to real life and going to a gym 😂
    You think only a handful of players don't have a gold problem? I'd say its more people don't have a gold problem than do. You need to look at what you are doung with your gold. Every new champ you get, do they get leveled right away? Are you only focusing on a priority rank up?

I don't do any arena and dont seem to need gold. I only focus on champs I'll rank up. I stopped ranking to 1/25 for 5*'s. I've got like 15 champs that havent been leveled. None of my 3* champs are ranked an I'd I don't take 4*'s to R4/5 anymore. Budget your gold better and you wont run out.
  • XN0nameXXN0nameX Posts: 39
    If you play arena, there isn’t a gold issue
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    That's correct XNOnameX but not being our problem doesn't mean the issue does not exist. Besides turning gained XP to gold at lvl60 would give a reason and a reward for players who are already at. I can't see any serious reason for that not happening other than lazy to design and program it. Some aspects of the game need an update to match the game meta and keep it updated.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Arena isn’t boring when you are going for a champ you want. I would prefer a Sunday gold arena instead of the crystal arena though.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    Kpatrix said:

Arena isn’t boring when you are going for a champ you want. I would prefer a Sunday gold arena instead of the crystal arena though.

Also a good idea that would help
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Why should there be a gold arena? The ones who play arena now have no gold issues, and the ones who don't want anything to do with arena wouldnt do it for gold.
    Kpatrix said:

Isn’t arena already a gold arena?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    IKON said:

Why should there be a gold arena? The ones who play arena now have no gold issues, and the ones who don't want anything to do with arena wouldnt do it for gold.

Then that would be their problem. They can just buy gold crystals instead, Even when I grind out champs I still have s gold shortage, 5* takes a lot of gold to rank up.

The funny thing is when I need gold and cash in my chips I get units instead. When I need units I get gold.
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

Oh wait..
    Lol still a new player..
    Both your accounts? Lol. Oh please. 2 R4s? I wouldn’t even accept a friend request from such an account if they intended to ask for a slot.

As mentioned by many others after your post, most people don’t have a gold problem. Just a handful of you who keep incessantly buzzing around asking for it.

Given that I was amongst the few who did the 6.1 beta, I’d say I spit out a lot more facts than you do. If you can’t see the logic in the analogies presented, then I’d suggest you reassess your understanding capabilities.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Gold seems to be the main bottleneck for me personally when I'm ranking champions, though I freely admit that I don't do as much arena as I could, simply because I find it boring. And that's what my main issue with having the main source of gold be in that content. It's stagnant, repetitive, and as an android user the loading times don't let me get as much done as those who use apple. It's an area of the game that hasn't seen any refresh in ages (besides a minor shuffling of milestone rewards) and since the amount of gold you need for ranking and leveling is increasing with the game switching focus to 5 and 6 stars, it is a little frustrating. Dungeons are a step in the right direction as I like the gold that comes from there, but it's not enough.

I like the idea of the OP here, but I honestly think a rework of how arenas function would be a better way to solve the gold problem, whether you think it exists or not. It clearly does, for some people. That's why there are so many posts about it. Either making it easier to get a more reasonable amount of gold, or just a simple fresh new system that makes arena more enjoyable would be more preferable for me.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Seems nice but it's much better to replace the sunday quest with a gold realm.
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

Oh wait..
    Lol still a new player..
    Both your accounts? Lol. Oh please. 2 R4s? I wouldn’t even accept a friend request from such an account if they intended to ask for a slot.

As mentioned by many others after your post, most people don’t have a gold problem. Just a handful of you who keep incessantly buzzing around asking for it.

Given that I was amongst the few who did the 6.1 beta, I’d say I spit out a lot more facts than you do. If you can’t see the logic in the analogies presented, then I’d suggest you reassess your understanding capabilities.
    Lol 2 r4s I'm in a gold 1 allaince I'd I'd shoot down a two r4 acct without second thought.
    Lol exactly. I’m running a plat 2/3 ally at 9k prestige.. “hang in your ally”? Ridiculous.
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

Oh wait..
    Lol still a new player..

Lol 2 r4s I'm in a gold 1 allaince I'd I'd shoot down a two r4 acct without second thought.
    Lol exactly. I’m running a plat 2/3 ally at 9k prestige.. “hang in your ally”? Ridiculous.
    We dont even aq seriously maps 5 44 or 543 right now with act 6 we kind of let guys relax and quest for a bit on easy aq maps. And rotate them.

But even still think we require like 8k prestige. I'm at 4 r5s and one waiting on half a t2a and I'm nowhere near our top guy

9200 top guy I think is 10300
    Just shows hes delusional if he thinks he qualifies. 😂

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

Oh wait..
    Lol still a new player..

We dont even aq seriously maps 5 44 or 543 right now with act 6 we kind of let guys relax and quest for a bit on easy aq maps. And rotate them.

But even still think we require like 8k prestige. I'm at 4 r5s and one waiting on half a t2a and I'm nowhere near our top guy

9200 top guy I think is 10300
    If that's what you're running, why do they require more than two R4*s? War?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    It’s just different players at different stages of the game. Just like some players are facing T5c/T2a shortage. Sometimes it is meaningless to challenge other players’ issue because “I don’t have such issue”. This kiddy behaviour become more and more popular in this forum.

Anyway, I used to grind 2-3m each for 4* basic/featured arena. Nonetheless the gold issue remains versus the availably of 5*/6*, in particular r3 5* consumes a lot of gold. At the end what I can do is to hold up upgrade and prioritise. It’s resources management issue.