**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

Comments

• Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Before this gets closed, aside from the decision about future featured crystals, any update on how close they are to finishing up the upcoming pool for announcement?
  • Options
    Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    Hoarding is a way of targeting certain champs. With act 6 restrictions, i don't see how they want ppl to not target certain champs after the gates they put in.

But all of that is pretty irelevant bc not announcing the list is just gonna just push the ppl that are hoarding shards into waiting until the crystal comes out. If they announce the champs there is a more likely chance of them saying no thanks that list sucks, and opening basics. It doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    JRock808 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

It's just a logical thing to me. You can a) use it on something, or b) use it on nothing at all.

If it were just that one something, then this would make sense. If I have to use T4CC however then I have to commit to using other resources as well that are more valuable. Maybe I don’t want to spend my limited T4B, T1A, 500K gold and stacks of ISO, simply so that Hulkbuster can still suck at R3.

If you don’t understand this issue then you don’t have a large enough roster to worry about hoarding anyway.
    What do you define as large enough? I'd say I have enough. That doesn't mean I agree with it. All the Resources aren't worth much at all, really. Not if people are hoarding them out for a very short list. Then you end up creating the very problem you're describing. One Resource or another backs up because it's not being used steadily, and it comes in steadily. Meanwhile, there's a very short list people consider using them on, and you're amplifying that problem by waiting on very narrow RNG, while they continue to back up. Rather than choosing the best option you have in the moment and making more Resources, things are just falling to the waste side and piling up, just because people only Rank the same few Champs.
    I have a Roster, I just don't limit myself to what everyone else agrees is worth Ranking. I have ones I'm working on, and holding out for, sure. I'm just not refusing to touch anything outside of that. Sometimes it's a game balance issue, and sometimes it's a "I'm too limited" issue.
    A roster that is large enough to experience this problem is one where you simply cannot rank up champs fast enough to use the misbalanced amount of resources coming in. Any map 5-7 players in an end game alliance, should be accumulating T4CC at a rate much faster than any other resource. The fact that I would rather let a T4CC expire than waste additional resources doesn’t speak to my dislike of my roster (I have an R3 IP, IF and Ronan) and more to my value I place on the other resources.

I would never for example allow a T2A to expire because it is for more valuable than the full stash of T4CC that I have. When you have 60 fully formed T4CC crystals and 2,000 fragment crystals, and you cannot open them because you are full on all T4CC....this is a game balance issue.
    Actually, that issue stems all the way back to the Prestige Race.
    That’s because it hasn’t gone away. Kabam can’t seem to figure out how to balance end game resources without breaking the progression of the game.
    The Players created that imbalance, not Kabam. They designed the system to award AQ based on Prestige. The Players chose to maximize that by Ranking based on Prestige only, and focusing on AQ so much. The end result is an overflow of T4CC.
    This is a gross understatement and has nothing to do with the prestige issue. The problem with T4CC isn’t the prestige race, it’s the map rewards and weekly rewards focusing on T4CC over others.

You don’t have to be a top 90 placement in AQ to have an overflow of T4CC. Just look at rewards progressions and you will see the problem. As the tiers in AQ go up, more T4CC payout and very tiny amounts of T4B and other resources are added. If gain 3 T4CC in a week (really easy to do) you need 6 T4B to rank up your 5* from R1-R3. Even if grind arena for 2 of those you still don’t have enough to make the difference. And that is just one of the additional resources needed.

Don’t put that on the player. That is Kabam and their game balance.
    We were discussing the Prestige Race. You made the assertion that Kabam can't balance their Resources. That is only half the problem. The Prestige Race was an invention of the Player Base .If you devise a system to maximize one specific Reward and focus highly on that, the end result is too much of it. You're only acknowledging part of the problem, and not the other.
    Let's say they do a redistribution of the AQ Rewards in Crystals. What then becomes the Bottleneck? Most likely something else. Balancing Rewards can only go so far without factoring in how people choose to spend said Rewards.
    This has got to be the craziest thing you’ve said lol. The prestige race was invented by the player base? No it was invented by Kabam. Prestige is what gives you the best rewards. Kabam created it. So you’re saying it’s the players’ fault for playing by the guidelines Kabam created? I usually don’t call you out, but seriously, this is silly.
    No, Kabam did not make people Rank based on Prestige alone, start Allies that made it madatory to Rank based on Prestige, and focus so highly on running the highest Maps every week. Kabam made a system that was designed to award based on Prestige. The rest was added by people.
    Do you even read what you type? Kabam made the system that awarded based on something and then people played the game under that system, but Kabam didn't make them do it? Are you new to gaming? Should we rank up hulkbusters just because it's there, even though it's clearly a terrible use of resources? What do you expect players to do other than play the game in such a way that maximizes the benefit for the cost? This is basic life 101.
    I'm not new to Gaming at all. I didn't say I don't understand why people did it, it was to maximize payoff. What I said is, if you choose to play that way, you can't absolve having a hand in that and wonder why you have too much of it. What you choose to focus on plays an important part in that imbalance. There's a whole misconception that it's all just Kabam's problem, and people don't factor in their own habits.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Ironic that the Blade crystal was announced what? A month or so in advance to allow players to hoard shards for this special champion. Yet now it’s being called unhealthy for the game to have hoarded shards. I don’t want to be the one to say hypocrisy but...
  • Options

Mlee1829 said:

Mlee1829 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

It's just a logical thing to me. You can a) use it on something, or b) use it on nothing at all.

If it were just that one something, then this would make sense. If I have to use T4CC however then I have to commit to using other resources as well that are more valuable. Maybe I don’t want to spend my limited T4B, T1A, 500K gold and stacks of ISO, simply so that Hulkbuster can still suck at R3.

If you don’t understand this issue then you don’t have a large enough roster to worry about hoarding anyway.
    What do you define as large enough? I'd say I have enough. That doesn't mean I agree with it. All the Resources aren't worth much at all, really. Not if people are hoarding them out for a very short list. Then you end up creating the very problem you're describing. One Resource or another backs up because it's not being used steadily, and it comes in steadily. Meanwhile, there's a very short list people consider using them on, and you're amplifying that problem by waiting on very narrow RNG, while they continue to back up. Rather than choosing the best option you have in the moment and making more Resources, things are just falling to the waste side and piling up, just because people only Rank the same few Champs.
    I have a Roster, I just don't limit myself to what everyone else agrees is worth Ranking. I have ones I'm working on, and holding out for, sure. I'm just not refusing to touch anything outside of that. Sometimes it's a game balance issue, and sometimes it's a "I'm too limited" issue.
    A roster that is large enough to experience this problem is one where you simply cannot rank up champs fast enough to use the misbalanced amount of resources coming in. Any map 5-7 players in an end game alliance, should be accumulating T4CC at a rate much faster than any other resource. The fact that I would rather let a T4CC expire than waste additional resources doesn’t speak to my dislike of my roster (I have an R3 IP, IF and Ronan) and more to my value I place on the other resources.

I would never for example allow a T2A to expire because it is for more valuable than the full stash of T4CC that I have. When you have 60 fully formed T4CC crystals and 2,000 fragment crystals, and you cannot open them because you are full on all T4CC....this is a game balance issue.
    That’s because it hasn’t gone away. Kabam can’t seem to figure out how to balance end game resources without breaking the progression of the game.
    The Players created that imbalance, not Kabam. They designed the system to award AQ based on Prestige. The Players chose to maximize that by Ranking based on Prestige only, and focusing on AQ so much. The end result is an overflow of T4CC.
    Kabam created the system. The players are maximizing it sure, but Kabam put it there. Prestige was how you got the best rewards in the game before seasons. Then seasons came and changed everything and the best rewards were there. Now its back to aq and you see a lot of ppl ranking for prestige again. The players are playing the game that kabam puts in front of them.

Serious question. Do you think hoarding is actually unhealthy for the game? And if so how, and how does not announcing the champs fix that. Ppl are just gonna hoard until the crystal comes out whereas if they had the list they might just open basics and not be hoarding.
    Kabam made the system. Yes. They made the game. Where people take it is their own responsibility.
    Do I think hoarding is unhealthy? Yes.
    Ehhhh, have to disagree with that. When you put the best rewards in one area of the game, you are pretty much forcing the players to maximizing that area. It was aq and ppl ranked for aq, then seasons and had the best rewards and ppl ranked for war. Now aq is holding that spot and ppl are sweating prestige again. The players change with how kabam changes the game.

Why is hoarding unhealthy and how does not announcing the champs stop hoarding?
    It doesn't stop it. They can't, really. They're just not encouraging it.
    How is hoarding unhealthy for the game tho?
  • Options
    To be clear I'm specifically talking about hoarding shards.
  • Options
    KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    hoarding causes sugar diabetes
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

JRock808 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

This is a gross understatement and has nothing to do with the prestige issue. The problem with T4CC isn’t the prestige race, it’s the map rewards and weekly rewards focusing on T4CC over others.

You don’t have to be a top 90 placement in AQ to have an overflow of T4CC. Just look at rewards progressions and you will see the problem. As the tiers in AQ go up, more T4CC payout and very tiny amounts of T4B and other resources are added. If gain 3 T4CC in a week (really easy to do) you need 6 T4B to rank up your 5* from R1-R3. Even if grind arena for 2 of those you still don’t have enough to make the difference. And that is just one of the additional resources needed.

We were discussing the Prestige Race. You made the assertion that Kabam can't balance their Resources. That is only half the problem. The Prestige Race was an invention of the Player Base .If you devise a system to maximize one specific Reward and focus highly on that, the end result is too much of it. You're only acknowledging part of the problem, and not the other.
    Let's say they do a redistribution of the AQ Rewards in Crystals. What then becomes the Bottleneck? Most likely something else. Balancing Rewards can only go so far without factoring in how people choose to spend said Rewards.
    This has got to be the craziest thing you’ve said lol. The prestige race was invented by the player base? No it was invented by Kabam. Prestige is what gives you the best rewards. Kabam created it. So you’re saying it’s the players’ fault for playing by the guidelines Kabam created? I usually don’t call you out, but seriously, this is silly.
    No, Kabam did not make people Rank based on Prestige alone, start Allies that made it madatory to Rank based on Prestige, and focus so highly on running the highest Maps every week. Kabam made a system that was designed to award based on Prestige. The rest was added by people.
    Do you even read what you type? Kabam made the system that awarded based on something and then people played the game under that system, but Kabam didn't make them do it? Are you new to gaming? Should we rank up hulkbusters just because it's there, even though it's clearly a terrible use of resources? What do you expect players to do other than play the game in such a way that maximizes the benefit for the cost? This is basic life 101.
    I'm not new to Gaming at all. I didn't say I don't understand why people did it, it was to maximize payoff. What I said is, if you choose to play that way, you can't absolve having a hand in that and wonder why you have too much of it. What you choose to focus on plays an important part in that imbalance. There's a whole misconception that it's all just Kabam's problem, and people don't factor in their own habits.
    My habits don't influence the game design. My habits are formed by the game design.

Players choose to focus on the rewarding parts of the game, and those rewards and where they are are decided by one enitity, Kabam. Not the player. So yes, it is their fault. If they don't adapt to players and expect the players to adapt to them then their audience will just shrink away into nothing.

Anyway, I'm done. Terrible decision Kabam. It's not even a huge decision, it's just a pointless one that is poorly justified, just like the act 6 restrictions. Going down a dark path here guys. Look out.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

To be honest, I've never hoarded Shards or Crystals to begin with. I never understood people sitting on massive hoards.

Have you beaten the collector yet?
  • Options
    JRock808 said:

JRock808 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

My habits don't influence the game design. My habits are formed by the game design.

Players choose to focus on the rewarding parts of the game, and those rewards and where they are are decided by one enitity, Kabam. Not the player. So yes, it is their fault. If they don't adapt to players and expect the players to adapt to them then their audience will just shrink away into nothing.

Anyway, I'm done. Terrible decision Kabam. It's not even a huge decision, it's just a pointless one that is poorly justified, just like the act 6 restrictions. Going down a dark path here guys. Look out.
    Our choices and habits have an effect on the overall game balance, and design has to respond to those.
    It's not even a major decision. We just have to wait until the Crystal comes out to know what's in it. Nothing is being changed in it.
  • Options
    For real tho, how is hoarding shards unhealthy?
  • Options

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Of course, Cats are meant to be used as well, so I would also say that some cases, people are too selective with Ranking. They're meant to be used.

It wouldn’t have to be selective if resources in the game scaled appropriately together. As it stands most end game players that don’t spend $$$$ on FGMCs, cannot grinding enough T4B and gold to use all of their T4CC that floods in weekly.
    I'm not talking about people that don't have enough of one Resource. There's always going to be some Bottleneck. I'm talking about people that will let Resources expire before Ranking anything less than "God Tier" or some man-made list. They're meant to be used.
    I guarantee most people in this game will not let valuable resources expire. However what had value to one person may not to another. I will gladly let a T4CC expire rather than burn the full items and gold to rank a champ I won’t use.
    That doesn't make any sense to me at all. I wouldn't let anything expire before Ranking it. We earn more through playing. Plus, we never know what we will or will not need in the future. That's what the game is built on, acquiring Champs and Ranking them. I don't see any logical sense in letting things go to waste, just because they're called "Garbage".
    Assuming you have been playing for 3+ years, haven’t beaten the collector and still run map 3 aq, I could see your point here bc you don’t have enough rankup materials that they ever go to overflow.
  • Options
    Run477 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Of course, Cats are meant to be used as well, so I would also say that some cases, people are too selective with Ranking. They're meant to be used.

It wouldn’t have to be selective if resources in the game scaled appropriately together. As it stands most end game players that don’t spend $$$$ on FGMCs, cannot grinding enough T4B and gold to use all of their T4CC that floods in weekly.
    I'm not talking about people that don't have enough of one Resource. There's always going to be some Bottleneck. I'm talking about people that will let Resources expire before Ranking anything less than "God Tier" or some man-made list. They're meant to be used.
    I guarantee most people in this game will not let valuable resources expire. However what had value to one person may not to another. I will gladly let a T4CC expire rather than burn the full items and gold to rank a champ I won’t use.
    That doesn't make any sense to me at all. I wouldn't let anything expire before Ranking it. We earn more through playing. Plus, we never know what we will or will not need in the future. That's what the game is built on, acquiring Champs and Ranking them. I don't see any logical sense in letting things go to waste, just because they're called "Garbage".
    Assuming you have been playing for 3+ years, haven’t beaten the collector and still run map 3 aq, I could see your point here bc you don’t have enough rankup materials that they ever go to overflow.
    That literally adds nothing to the conversation.
  • Options

Ironic that the Blade crystal was announced what? A month or so in advance to allow players to hoard shards for this special champion. Yet now it’s being called unhealthy for the game to have hoarded shards. I don’t want to be the one to say hypocrisy but...

Most recent one I could find.. from Miike about that crystal.

This is a celebration of a huge Community Movement. The #SaveForBlade initiative that our players came up with was pretty big, and something that we wanted to celebrate on its anniversary.

Also, Blade was far from the only one to get a Crystal like that.

Just funny.. #SaveForBladeButNotAnyoneElse
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Run477 said:

Mystix13 said:

I don’t know what to say in response to this other than you don’t know what you are talking about. Everyone (outside or apparently you) who has been playing this game for an extended period of time, has way more t4cc than they can handle and nowhere near enough t4bs.

You can’t sell t4cc. You can’t rankup without t4bs. So the only option is hoard or watch them expire. When I see comments like this, it confirms my belief that you probably play map 1 aq only.
    True. I could probably come up with nearly 500 t4cc between the 70ish I have in inventory, the nearly 100 fully formed crystals, and thousands of frag crystals. I think I could scrap up 20-25 t4b right now.
  • Options

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

In other words: Kabam set up a game where you win by having he highest prestige champs win the most rewards. Players ranked high prestige champs to win the most rewards. Therefore it’s the players fault that they get too many rewards.

...um...what?
  • Options
    Run477 said:

Mystix13 said:

I don’t know what to say in response to this other than you don’t know what you are talking about. Everyone (outside or apparently you) who has been playing this game for an extended period of time, has way more t4cc than they can handle and nowhere near enough t4bs.

You can’t sell t4cc. You can’t rankup without t4bs. So the only option is hoard or watch them expire. When I see comments like this, it confirms my belief that you probably play map 1 aq only.
    Making unfounded digs at my level of progress is not going to make your points any more valid.
  • Options
    Let’s be honest—they made this decision today to distract us from the massive amount of bugs in 22.1. They would rather us complain about not getting to see a list of champs than keep pointing out how much they just screwed up this game with the last update and which we have zero clue when it will actually be fixed.

Any bets whether Yondu will be the next map 6 miniboss tomorrow?
  • Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    I started hoarding again just for simple fact of constantly getting trash for every hard 10k earned. It’s more unhealthy for me to open trash and be depressed. Kind of sarcastic but some truth to it. I know it’s rng but with how new content is set up I’ve honestly lost my desire to do arena and grind other for shards just for the simple let down every time. Not trying to whine or say give us awesome champs all the time but as a customer I feel improvements can be made for a product
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited April 2019

I shouldn't have called the devil out.
    Sorry people.

You should be, now it’s going to be 95% a certain poster and everyone who doesn’t know that it’s bad for a thread to engage with them.
    But basically, on topic, these things need to be announced in advance. There’s no reason to suddenly stop what you had been doing, just make the last list and announce the change then, rather than sneaking it on us and getting yelled at until you release the list and announce the change. But it won’t change hoarding either way, just give a narrower window on choosing between current and future featured.
    While we’re here, how about class and/or tag and/or whatever specific crystals? Since content is being regularly gated by this or that now.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Can we just get the list posted and close down this thread? I think we’ve had enough this week. Definitely had enough for today.
  • Options
    UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Just give us this last list
This discussion has been closed.