**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    A few in my Alliance hate this Hyperion as he is. A few blew right through him without saying a word. It IS possible to do as is. Annoying, yes. For many. For some, not so much. Apparently 6* R1 Dormammu worked well just as an added option. Not to assume all have him, or ranked him. But an option none the less. As it stands, changes are coming so let's simmer down and see how it goes next time he comes around. Honestly, now I'm curious what they did with SW as a Mini Boss for Map 5.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

You’re also in a master retirement alliance that has massive accounts with every counter. This is map 5

Yea and day 1 9100 prestige so ours is harder. Stop making excuses for yourself

Lol I don’t need excuses turd
    You seem to be making enough of them for a relatively easy fight.

Blah blah blah. According to you every fight is easy to the great Ay-hole. Like I said this is map 5 and the map 6 minis are easier. This isn’t a hard fight it’s an unfair fight. If 5/65s are timing out and it’s not even close there’s a problem
    Why not play map 6 then? I'm not going to comment on the map 5 mini as I haven't done any map 5 for awhile. Boring and lame rewards.
    I found all aq boring so (retired to map 5) donations for 7 didnt seem to be my thing
    I'm with you on the map 7 donations. People get burned out grinding for them. Right now 6x5 seems to be the best way to get good rewards in a reasonable way.
  • Options
    slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    Did anyone else see the health pots event was a joke after gaining all resources only to waste them on hyperion day 1-2? Or was that the plan to get players to go hard in revive/health pot event then take them all back in alliance quest and expect us to use units and $$$$$?
  • Options
    this hyperion is really ridiculous
  • Options
    ArrsssArrsss Posts: 41
    edited June 2019
    😒
  • Options
    NastyDoggNastyDogg Posts: 1
    SS does a solid job too, you can easily build your charges at beginning of fight without spite triggering and he doesn’t rely on power gain to control the fight
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited June 2019
    I'm pretty sure when we all read what was up with that Hyperion when they announced that, we knew it'd be a very difficult/overpowered fight with those nodes. How come the people who designed it didn't realize it until after they released it?
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    No. Their mid-year bonus is out. So they decided to tone Hype down. Jk
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Hyperion, “I own you. You can _________, my ______”.

• Options
    FlaminMonkeyPooFlaminMonkeyPoo Posts: 2
    The only map5 mini boss I have ever been able to 1 shot and everyone is **** it’s a hard one?

• Options
    ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    You seem like a dr ock user. I am not, and still learning. Thought to share a viable way that I found is to keep using heavy at the start of the fight. When u land a heavy while hype has an active power lock, you will refresh the power lock. Keep doing so, and eventually you will reach SP3 where you can extend power lock much longer and then it is just a matter of spamming SP1 to refresh this extended duration power lock. Using this technique, I was able to reach SP3 for both 1st and 2nd hype. And my dr ock is only 5*R3
    Cyporg said:

Ya I don't expect to one shot days 4-5 on hyp 2 for sure, I'll see how much I can get off him.

• Options
    ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    If you are that good with magik, you should have been able to one shot green goblin too at least?

The only map5 mini boss I have ever been able to 1 shot and everyone is **** it’s a hard one?

• Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

What do you wanna prove with this photo? Pretty clear Hyperion didn't cross his arms and never used his SP3, which is the point of the discussion. Dormammu is even better than Magik, but my Dormammu miserably failed because of the node. Then I easily did it with Hood just because Hyp didn't cross his arms. Only luck, nothing more, and few choices, which means less help from teammates.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

Luck, not skill, sorry.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

What do you wanna prove with this photo? Pretty clear Hyperion didn't cross his arms and never used his SP3, which is the point of the discussion. Dormammu is even better than Magik, but my Dormammu miserably failed because of the node. Then I easily did it with Hood just because Hyp didn't cross his arms. Only luck, nothing more, and few choices, which means less help from teammates.
    You can still get him to throw a special when he crosses his arms... maybe he didn't throw his SP3 because @FlaminMonkeyPoo is good at getting him to throw SP1 and SP2, which is pertinent to the discussion. Unless the discussion is only for people that can't fight him? Not saying it isn't hard, I'm only playing map 6 atm, but the discussion isn't just a complaint thread for people who can't beat him.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Badrose said:

You can still get him to throw a special when he crosses his arms... maybe he didn't throw his SP3 because @FlaminMonkeyPoo is good at getting him to throw SP1 and SP2, which is pertinent to the discussion. Unless the discussion is only for people that can't fight him? Not saying it isn't hard, I'm only playing map 6 atm, but the discussion isn't just a complaint thread for people who can't beat him.
    I think the main problem was the armor mode in oscillate because it made him go super defend
  • Options
    Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    Ultra8529 said:

For what its worth, Hyperion was the Map 6 mini boss for the longest time.

That he has been moved down to Map 5 alone says a lot. I don't get why we have to keep increasing the difficulty of lower maps. They should stay static and let alliances move up to map 6 or 7 if they want a greater challenge.

I completely agree! I also think you should stop making the maps harder based on what day it is in the AQ. Why is that? Other than to make more money? That is not right especially since the rewarrds don’t go up. So how can you justify it?
    Also, why is it that our champs damage output is lower AQ than it is in say versus? If a rank 4, duped 5 star LC hits at 700-1200 damage per hit, why is it that during the AQ, he can only manage 150-250 damage per hit on a mini boss with the rare critical hit?? It seems like you not only increase the map difficulty but you also limit or lower the ability of our champs. In my book, that is cheating.