**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Alright everybody, we have another fix for Can't Stop Won't Stop coming. This one is a short term fix that should alleviate the issues presented, and there will be a longer term fix coming in the future:

- Change Damage Reduction from 90% to 50%
    - Change Fury from 100% to 25%
    - Change Power Gain from 10% of a Bar Per second to 2% of a Bar per second

I don't have a specific ETA on this at this time, but we want to get this tested and out as soon as we can!

This is a good change and definitely brings the node to a reasonable level of difficulty, so I don't want to sound too critical here, but I think players will ultimately just use Corvus/Omega/Ghost or any other commonly used top champion instead of using a champion that goes unstoppable. Some of these champions still do more damage even with the damage penalty, plus they will avoid giving the enemy any kind of buff.

The original dev note made it sound like the goal of the node was to use champions that go unstoppable, and play aggressively when you are unstoppable. But it's hard to play aggressively when the enemy is gaining power, even small amounts. I think it would be cool if the enemy gained LESS power when you are unstoppable. Yeah it makes the node easier, which after this change it doesn't need to be, but I think it plays to the theme of the node more and would make people actually want to level up certain champions over the most commonly seen ones.
    Hey Brian,

@Kabam DK isn't able to come to the Forums right now, but he asked me to let you know that this is a valid concern, but please remember that this is a Temporary fix. The Long Term fix (which won't be out for a bit) will have a bigger damage reduction again (probably not as high as before), but will also be re-tuned to focus more on the original intent of the node. You can be pretty sure that Power Gain won't be involved then.
    Pretty sure this node in its original design was flagged as going to be overtuned. Did anyone listen? Nope. Now you realise that the community was right (again).
  • BrianGrantBrianGrant Posts: 167

Alright everybody, we have another fix for Can't Stop Won't Stop coming. This one is a short term fix that should alleviate the issues presented, and there will be a longer term fix coming in the future:

I don't have a specific ETA on this at this time, but we want to get this tested and out as soon as we can!

This is a good change and definitely brings the node to a reasonable level of difficulty, so I don't want to sound too critical here, but I think players will ultimately just use Corvus/Omega/Ghost or any other commonly used top champion instead of using a champion that goes unstoppable. Some of these champions still do more damage even with the damage penalty, plus they will avoid giving the enemy any kind of buff.

The original dev note made it sound like the goal of the node was to use champions that go unstoppable, and play aggressively when you are unstoppable. But it's hard to play aggressively when the enemy is gaining power, even small amounts. I think it would be cool if the enemy gained LESS power when you are unstoppable. Yeah it makes the node easier, which after this change it doesn't need to be, but I think it plays to the theme of the node more and would make people actually want to level up certain champions over the most commonly seen ones.
    Hey Brian,

@Kabam DK isn't able to come to the Forums right now, but he asked me to let you know that this is a valid concern, but please remember that this is a Temporary fix. The Long Term fix (which won't be out for a bit) will have a bigger damage reduction again (probably not as high as before), but will also be re-tuned to focus more on the original intent of the node. You can be pretty sure that Power Gain won't be involved then.
    Ah ok I guess I missed the short term fix part of the update. I hope the long term fix makes champions that go unstoppable truly feel unstoppable. Would make for a fun lane. Appreciate the update.
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Is that any kind of joke @BrianGrant ?
    How many Unstoppable champions people have ? Are we need to recruit 1 unstoppable champions member for per bg to doing map 7 ? Or kabam giving everyone free 6 star thing ? We are talking here from start of the map 7 and you are talkkng about giving back that node again ,

Wow what a great community

Show us live in youtube and take that node down ...
    So we can believe you ,

Hey Brian,

Ah ok I guess I missed the short term fix part of the update. I hope the long term fix makes champions that go unstoppable truly feel unstoppable. Would make for a fun lane. Appreciate the update.
  • Chump said:

It's totally ridiculous how Hyperion gains power while you can't. You have to basically keep baiting him for 20seconds wasting time. On top of that, class advantage people like Dr Strange (the SORCERER SUPREME) and Symbiotie Supreme take 5 times longer to gain power. Utterly ridiculous for a Map 5 mini boss. Thanos the map boss is easier than Hyperion.

Kabam seems constantly oblivious to what players are running map 5. We had issues with Sentinels when they first came out and now a mini boss tougher than the bosses of both seasons.

Hey there.

If you look back in this thread, and on the thread that is about Hyperion on Map 5, you can see that we have a change coming to that node.
    @BrianGrant
    We are tired to fix that node from start of the new map7 and you are talking to get back that node again,

So I am telling you ,i am one of your youtube fan
    Come back live on youtube and you take that node by yourself and show us how easy that is ,
    Than we will going to believe you.

What a great community

Hey Brian,

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Hey Brian,

Increased damage when unstoppable (like 300% not just ordinary damage) plus maybe a power lock or power drain would make using an unstoppable champ realistic.

The problem is, you hardly can do any damage while unstoppable with any of the champs that proc unstoppable (absent of course Corvus with heimdall synergy) and maybe thing. If you really want us to use unstoppable champs, give us a realistic benefit that can allow us to avoid timeouts and unavoidable damage. Like Killmonger l1 followed by unstoppable when he parries is a viable option in a scenario with power lock or power drain (the unstoppable is passive so that needs to be fixed too). But with the node’s increased and passive power gain (which it sounds like you are rightly removing) Killmonger is going to eat l3s.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Hey Brian,

I know you didn't mean this in this way, but ironically I think the thing that would best benefit unstoppable champions on that node would be power gain. If champions that went unstoppable gained power while unstoppable, that would make using any champion that proced unstoppable highly beneficial to use. It is potentially too good. Perhaps increased power gain from attacking would be more balanced.
  • Rake2Rake2 Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike those nodes of the mini boss (Hyperion) AQ are very difficult

IceSnow said:

Is that any kind of joke @BrianGrant ?
    How many Unstoppable champions people have ? Are we need to recruit 1 unstoppable champions member for per bg to doing map 7 ? Or kabam giving everyone free 6 star thing ? We are talking here from start of the map 7 and you are talkkng about giving back that node again ,

Wow what a great community

Show us live in youtube and take that node down ...
    So we can believe you ,

Hey Brian,

Huh? Maybe there's some kind of misunderstanding here. I'm saying I want the node to buff up our champions more when they go unstoppable. This would make the node easier than it is today. Increase the damage you can do greatly when unstoppable while lowering the enemy's power gain, or give your champion a stacking damage increase each time they trigger unstoppable that lasts the duration of the fight, something like this that helps players.

• GOLBGOLB Posts: 57
    Who was map 6 miniboss
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    GOLB said:

Who was map 6 miniboss

Ebony mav. For this week
  • Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    The end of this round of alliance quest is coming soon have you started or come up with any sort of compensation for everyone effected by these mess ups? Not clearing map 7 or iteming out because the nodes weren’t working properly. Not running the normal amount of map 7 due to this problem. I think at the very least everyone effected by this should get last weeks aq rewards plus whatever we earned this week. Plus some alliance pots since almost everyone had to use items to do map 7.
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    Some pots? I would hope all pots I used would be given back based on how bugged cant stop wont stop was in section 1. I drained my stash and my glory to work around a broken node
  • Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★

Some pots? I would hope all pots I used would be given back based on how bugged cant stop wont stop was in section 1. I drained my stash and my glory to work around a broken node

I agree but also have to be mindful of how they typically do compensation it’s never exactly what you used. Do I think every person like myself that itemed out should get all 15 items back yes I do but I know that won’t happen. What I suggest is probably more along the lines of what we should at the very least be given.
    Last weeks aq rank and milestone rewards
    Along with some pots and revives.
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    Any update on compensation?
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Has anything been said about Luke Cage not going indestructable vs Thanos in alliance quests? I dont think I've seen any abilties/nodes that would prevent it from happening? Could but wrong but not sure.
  • VincentblackVincentblack Posts: 14
    These changes have been really tough for the community and I think even if you give out compensation and promise future changes it still isn't enough. How many times as a community do you expect us to suffer through live testing a game that rakes in boatloads of cash at the cost of our own items/units and sanity while not seeing an increase in rewards for possibly one of the hardest AQ ever. Simply fighting hype 1 time revealed he was incredibly OP I don't really see how that's an acceptable "bug" that slips by. I love this game and honestly at this time with these changes it's really not fun to play and the damage is done. Rage quits have come back into style and that should speak volumes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'd like to thank the map 7 bugs for helping us get top 90 with just map 6 lol
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Love the hot new Season 6 Map crystals. :)
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Season 6 with season 5 rewards......difficulty increased but......I mean really come on man!
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    hey guys why am i still getting season 5 crystals? i'm owed a bunch of Season 6 crystals.

I need the resources but i'm afraid you guys won't be able to give me my proper rewards if i open them. when is this going to be fixed? Can i open them and still get some kind of compensation later?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

hey guys why am i still getting season 5 crystals? i'm owed a bunch of Season 6 crystals.

I need the resources but i'm afraid you guys won't be able to give me my proper rewards if i open them. when is this going to be fixed? Can i open them and still get some kind of compensation later?

There is no season 6 crystals yet. They are updating them later
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Yes yes let’s start a new season and give last seasons crystals. This is a great plan nobody will ever know unless they read “season 5” crystals when they open them.
    Mcord117 said:

Buttehrs said:

Starhawk said:

Later like when? In time for season 7?
    They havent said exactly how long but they said they had to gather data and itll probably take a couple series of the new aq
    Buttehrs said:

Mcord117 said:

Buttehrs said:

Starhawk said:

They havent said exactly how long but they said they had to gather data and itll probably take a couple series of the new aq
    The have to gather data in order to release season 6 crystals? That doesn't make sense. Can you post the actual announcement?

Buttehrs said:

Mcord117 said:

Buttehrs said:

Starhawk said:

The have to gather data in order to release season 6 crystals? That doesn't make sense. Can you post the actual announcement?

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Mcord117 said:

Buttehrs said:

Starhawk said:

I see. I didn't interpret that as applying to the map crystals but rather to milestones/rank and possibly the completion of the map rewards. Call me crazy but I assumed that season six would start with season six crystals lol. I guess we will have to wait for @Kabam Miike or someone to confirm if we are getting the wrong crystals or if the crystals fall into the "a little later" category.