**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About the refund policy

Comments

• TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Ultimately they don’t want a repeat of last July 4th. People bought all the July 4th deals and then got refunds. They never “lost” the items they got from July 4th deal so they effectively got them for free.

The overheating issue was a valid item to seek refunds but in those instance players should have lost all the items from the deals they purchased. Since it seems Kabam can’t unwind purchases for refunds this seems like next logical step.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Ultimately they don’t want a repeat of last July 4th. People bought all the July 4th deals and then got refunds. They never “lost” the items they got from July 4th deal so they effectively got them for free.

The overheating issue was a valid item to seek refunds but in those instance players should have lost all the items from the deals they purchased. Since it seems Kabam can’t unwind purchases for refunds this seems like next logical step.

So they can identify your account put you in debt essentially but cant take away the items purchased? They've already shown they can rank down champs and take away items so it makes no sense that they cant do it with purchases that are refunded???
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    djr17 said:

Mingo0312 said:

Mingo0312 said:

So

-sixate- said:

This is hilarious. I bought units to get past content in the game in which I couldn't get past without using items. I realize there are bugs causing problems yet decide to power through using items..... 5 hours after finishing content I decide it was unfair that I had to use items so request and get a refund of used units yet got rewards for powering through......

Do you people hear yourselves? If you can't get past something without using items/units nobody is forcing you to do it. Just stop. Wait until the bugs are fixed or wait until you get the proper counter to hard content. I powered through 6.2.2 for completion, but it didn't cost me a dime. I used units I saved up from arena crystals. You have the option of doing that too. If you spend and regret it later you should not get a refund. Just don't spend. Maybe then Kabam will fix all the broken content!

I agree some what with what u say,
    But people that power through the (bugs) don’t know they are bugs as first time it was released, so how do u factor that in, I’m one of them, thought I was doing something wrong after reading again and again trying again and again. To finally give up wasting a lot of my resources and units,
    Then I read a few hours later the champion boss is bugged,
    So I wait till they say it’s fixed,
    I go back in to face him and he’s still bugged, I finally got him down by waiting 5/6 seconds after I removed his charges to throw sp3
    He went down.
    What ur view on what I should get back ?
    As the time it took, my units and resources etc
    I’d like to hear ur view please
    Ps I get that I would need to use items to finish him but the amount I used due to the bug (that at the time I didn’t know was a bug) ??
    Going in repeatedly after getting wrecked right after release was a choice. Continuing to dump resources into it was also a choice. If this had been on a quest with a short finite time window to complete iti would agree but it's permanent. Just back out and wait to see if something comes up.

I finished off initial pass of the champion after they had already said he was bugged but before the fix. I did that by choice as I knew I could at least get to him relatively easily. I was lucky and didn't experience any bugs when I fought him. I won't say I'm not guilty of forcing my way through something on day 1 on occasion but especially for permanent content, there's no reason not to sit back if you hit something difficult and wait to see if some thin NG gets brought up
    Of course it was my choice
    But here is the issue it was released I wanted the rewards, yes it’s permanent, but how the hell can u say I should of backed out and waited,
    If it’s released into the game it shouldn’t have bugs !!
    I thought I was doing something wrong so kept trying, but with no result,
    What ur saying is it’s ok to release end game content with bugs and suck it up it’s my fault

This is the by far the , how to write this , stupidest thing I’ve heard about it.

One - it shouldn’t of been bugged and should of been tested

Two - yes it’s my choice to want to do it on day one but, as we been waiting for this for a while and In sure people that play this game don’t see new content and say il wait to see if it’s bugged!!

Three- Kabam have to look at this massively before they release any more content

etc. ...
    You've played for 5 years, and spent a bunch on the game. As f2p, I thank you for supporting the game monetarily.

1) Of course it shouldn't, but what content has been released for this game that wasn't?

2) You're right, it is on you that you made the choice to push through newly released content, which your history of playing this game should have told you there would be bugs upon release, and to be watching for them while pushing for those rewards.

3) Yes, but there still will be bugs, no matter how much testing they do beforehand.

This is just funny , we should expect bugs and look out for them u must be trolling, then to add no matter how much testing there will always be bugs !!
    Haha really , the word testing is to make sure there are no bugs,
    Other internet games are test and test to make sure there isn’t a single bug and then released
    U have no clue and is pointless having this discussion.
    As it’s a multi million pound company,
    Any company that release content in form of games etc do test and re test to makes sure theee are no bugs

To say we should expect them is just laughable

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    To the above poster saying that games are released with ZERO Bugs.... That's factually incorrect. Every single game releases and has bugs. There are NO bug free games.

Former QA Tester for multiple different companies here.

Well if we are wiping the slate clean and making new rules. I want a refund for all the money i've spent up until this point. Thanks in advance!

It's not a new rule though, it's an adjustment on their existing no refund policy which has been part of the ToS for years.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I honestly can't believe people are disagreeing with punishing people who get goods and don't pay.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

To be honest I think in the upcoming future there’s gonna be more regulations on online purchases that will probably protect consumer even more so might make this redundant

The thing is you can get your money back, but you lose the items, I am not sure what regulations would change that, and it is effectively what they are doing.
    I mean in cases like archangels stun being classified as working as intended and then like 6 months later saying it wasn’t is a bit shady
    What money from a free to play game do you expect to have a reasonable refund for in that case?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    I know we all love to hate on Kabam Support - some of it is legitimate and some is just feeding into the meme.

I'm absolutely guilty of this. I rant and rave about them a lot, Kabam as a whole or the mods here or support. I'm quick to fault them for their issues or express aggression due to my issue with their stance.

Now yes, there are many times where it's valid and in these cases, Kabam support absolutely needs to step up their game and not give cookie-cutter responses.

But I won't go into those as I don't want to stray.
    Alternatively, Kabam support has quickly reversed issues I've had. Times where I spent units, times where I've used items. I've had two separate accidental AG usages reversed, items returned and characters wound back. I've had units returned and items removed after pressing the wrong button and buying one of those cata deals that just pops up and doesn't ask you to confirm purchase or offer you an ability to back out.

Kabam support has actually helped me out big time in the past.

I'm not absolving them of all their faults, just saying they have been very on the ball at times.

Again though, my ONLY concern is that if I have to go through support or get a refund or return: Will the item be taken from me, money returned but then I'm stuck with a negative balance? If I used the item, got a refund and nothing was restored, okay... negative balance makes sense. That's something for nothing AND I think Kabam gets dinged for the transaction too.

But if the item is returned to Kabam, I don't benefit from it - because I didn't use it because it was a mistake - and I get my money back. Am I still getting a negative balance and being forced to spend money?
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★

As mentioned within the announcement:

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

Is their any plans for support to step their game up when it comes to helping and not just blowing everyone off in the instances where the game/company is unquestionably at fault ?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    djr17 said:

Mingo0312 said:

Mingo0312 said:

So

-sixate- said:

This is hilarious. I bought units to get past content in the game in which I couldn't get past without using items. I realize there are bugs causing problems yet decide to power through using items..... 5 hours after finishing content I decide it was unfair that I had to use items so request and get a refund of used units yet got rewards for powering through......

Do you people hear yourselves? If you can't get past something without using items/units nobody is forcing you to do it. Just stop. Wait until the bugs are fixed or wait until you get the proper counter to hard content. I powered through 6.2.2 for completion, but it didn't cost me a dime. I used units I saved up from arena crystals. You have the option of doing that too. If you spend and regret it later you should not get a refund. Just don't spend. Maybe then Kabam will fix all the broken content!

But people that power through the (bugs) don’t know they are bugs as first time it was released, so how do u factor that in, I’m one of them, thought I was doing something wrong after reading again and again trying again and again. To finally give up wasting a lot of my resources and units,
    I go back in to face him and he’s still bugged, I finally got him down by waiting 5/6 seconds after I removed his charges to throw sp3
    He went down.
    Ps I get that I would need to use items to finish him but the amount I used due to the bug (that at the time I didn’t know was a bug) ??
    Going in repeatedly after getting wrecked right after release was a choice. Continuing to dump resources into it was also a choice. If this had been on a quest with a short finite time window to complete iti would agree but it's permanent. Just back out and wait to see if something comes up.

I finished off initial pass of the champion after they had already said he was bugged but before the fix. I did that by choice as I knew I could at least get to him relatively easily. I was lucky and didn't experience any bugs when I fought him. I won't say I'm not guilty of forcing my way through something on day 1 on occasion but especially for permanent content, there's no reason not to sit back if you hit something difficult and wait to see if some thin NG gets brought up
    But here is the issue it was released I wanted the rewards, yes it’s permanent, but how the hell can u say I should of backed out and waited,
    What ur saying is it’s ok to release end game content with bugs and suck it up it’s my fault

This is the by far the , how to write this , stupidest thing I’ve heard about it.

Two - yes it’s my choice to want to do it on day one but, as we been waiting for this for a while and In sure people that play this game don’t see new content and say il wait to see if it’s bugged!!

Three- Kabam have to look at this massively before they release any more content

etc. ...
    You've played for 5 years, and spent a bunch on the game. As f2p, I thank you for supporting the game monetarily.

1) Of course it shouldn't, but what content has been released for this game that wasn't?

2) You're right, it is on you that you made the choice to push through newly released content, which your history of playing this game should have told you there would be bugs upon release, and to be watching for them while pushing for those rewards.

3) Yes, but there still will be bugs, no matter how much testing they do beforehand.
    This was my point essentially. If you've played long enough to be in 6.2, you should know that bugs are far from uncommon in new content. If you come across something that is just hammering you, why in the world wouldn't you just back out, do some of the rest of it, and wait to see if anything gets brought up and confirmed?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Mingo0312 said:

I hate to do this, but now I feel compelled. Tell me: if I were to bet you before the content was released that the content would be completely bug free and every element was completable within reasonable difficulty limits and the content would not be getting patched soon afterwards due to critical bugs, would you have taken that bet? In other words: content bug free, you win. Content has critical bugs that make it either impossible to complete or too difficult to complete without patching, I win. Would you take that bet and expect to win it?

In fact, would anyone in this thread have taken that bet?
  • BAMF1980BAMF1980 Posts: 28

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

I contacted Support about a recent issue, and they closed my ticket before anything was resolved. I still don't have an answer as to why some of my content disappeared. I have already submitted a second ticket, and have been waiting 4-5hrs (I understand that this may take up to 24hrs), so far, for a reply.
    Like anyone else, I'd just like to know the issue on my account, how to resolve it, and move past it. However, that's tough to do when the ticket is closed out before the issue is resolved.
    If possible, can you send me a message so I can contact someone directly?
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    Yea your right games do have bug what i wrote was wrong, but for the bug to be as bad as it was should they of not found this out when testing it ! U can’t take down champion boss at all even after removing his charges, !!

But I want to say I don’t agree with people buy items and then getting a refund because they can or want to ! That to me is totally wrong !

But for players that wasted units ect I expect them back as a company they have to see this !

Not like it was a little bug ! It full on stopped u defeating the champion boss !

So where does that leave people, Kabam have said they are working out compensation package and il await that!

I personally wouldn’t get a refund from Apple or google because I don’t know how to do it for starts lol but secondly I have faith in Kabam providing good compensation.

This issues is raised by many players what if the compensation isnt close to what they used ?

Guys and girls on the forums, if ur a troll fair one crack on but if u have actually experienced the bug and play at the end game content not just on act 4 but in act 6.2 then these are the people I want to hear from !

But once again let’s wait and see what Kabam are willing to give us for the “bug” that stopped I completing the level

Peace out peeps
    DNA3000 said:

Mingo0312 said:

I hate to do this, but now I feel compelled. Tell me: if I were to bet you before the content was released that the content would be completely bug free and every element was completable within reasonable difficulty limits and the content would not be getting patched soon afterwards due to critical bugs, would you have taken that bet? In other words: content bug free, you win. Content has critical bugs that make it either impossible to complete or too difficult to complete without patching, I win. Would you take that bet and expect to win it?

In fact, would anyone in this thread have taken that bet?
    As I said, I've worked as a Games Tester for several different companies, and helped other companies do testing on their games, including SEGA, Square Enix, CD Projekt Red, Roxio, Deep Silver, Platinum Games, and many other companies. ALL of the games that I have worked on have shipped with bugs for one reason or another, be it due to time constraints on getting a fix, or because the bug is mostly inconsequential that it wouldn't be worth the time fixing, or the fact that simply some bugs just aren't found during the testing process. The people who test games are human and miss things. For instance, the BIGGEST bug that I missed in my time at SEGA was the infamous double jump pause glitch on Sonic BOOM for the Wii U, and that's simply because no one in the QA team thought to pause after double jumping to see if that reset the double jump animation and allowed you to infinitely jump. That's not something that most people would think of to even try to do, and is normally only found by pure accident.

Honestly, QA Testing is MUCH MUCH harder than people give it credit for, and the amount of **** that Testers get for "not doing their job properly" by non-games testing consumers is crazy, not to mention the amount of **** that they also get from their higher ups for "not finding enough bugs" in a week.

I truly have some ABSOLUTE horror stories from working in Games Development as a tester.
    BAMF1980 said:

I contacted Support about a recent issue, and they closed my ticket before anything was resolved. I still don't have an answer as to why some of my content disappeared. I have already submitted a second ticket, and have been waiting 4-5hrs (I understand that this may take up to 24hrs), so far, for a reply.
    Like anyone else, I'd just like to know the issue on my account, how to resolve it, and move past it. However, that's tough to do when the ticket is closed out before the issue is resolved.
    If possible, can you send me a message so I can contact someone directly?
    About three years ago I suggested that Kabam investigate a customer advocacy channel. In some of the online games I've played, there have been community coordinators, developers, and sometimes even players who volunteered to review customer support issues and escalate the ones that had sufficient credibility and documentation to warrant a second look. Since customer support for MCOC is ... occasionally suboptimal and since it is almost impossible to discuss issues with customer support with anyone other than customer support, that's problematic. Having an escalation path when a problem with the support channel seems obvious would serve to provide for an impartial appeal process when customer support isn't operating as it should, or when the problem is beyond customer support's normal resolution process to address.
    ItsDamien said:

I truly have some ABSOLUTE horror stories from working in Games Development as a tester.

All my game development stories are mostly boring. All my game testing stories are epic. Whenever I criticize QA in MCOC, I am in fact grading on a curve. Some stuff shouldn't happen but I know it does happen. Some stuff shouldn't happen, and I think even grizzled game dev veterans would go "whoa." I even believe I know why it happens. Release patches.

For reasons skippable here, game devs sometimes just plain lose their minds just before release. They design for three years, beta test for six months, and then three days before release they decide to "fix" a bunch of stuff. This always does exactly what you'd expect it to do: every game that has ever done the "release patch" has seen it blow up in their faces. Because it is a bunch of interwoven untested stuff.

<<soapbox>
    It should go "patch, test, release." Not "test, patch, release." I see the signature signs of the latter in a lot of content and testing. 6.2 seems to have been an obvious instance of test, patch, release.

The purpose of testing is not to find bugs. The purpose of testing is to validate you don't have any critical ones. If you do find bugs big enough to change anything to fix, you're supposed to test again. Because you can't release until you have one clean test.
    <</soapbox>
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Should really read the tos

Also should watch the south park episode about TOS conditions its amazing

Just because it's in a ToS doesn't mean it's legal.

Example: Company A creates and runs some mobile games. Their ToS explicitly states that players agree to let Company A come into their home and murder them for any reason at any time. So Company A starts murdering players whenever it feels like it.

Do you think their ToS will keep them out of jail? I don't.

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

Drooped2 said:

Example: Company A creates and runs some mobile games. Their ToS explicitly states that players agree to let Company A come into their home and murder them for any reason at any time. So Company A starts murdering players whenever it feels like it.

Appeal to extremes. It does not mean it is illegal either. If it was illegal then you can sue them.
    Lormif said:

Mingo0312 said:

Mingo0312 said:

So

-sixate- said:

He went down.

Four - I value your view as I value everyone’s views , but if it’s real we to me that means it’s ready to take on. Now it’s hard don’t get me wrong and I failed a few times before I got his charges down items I would of used no matter bugged or not but after that point, items and units I used what I shouldn’t have if it wasn’t bugged,
    This are what I want back.

My over view on this

Kabam are at fault and wasted time and resources on a bug,

As a player how am I meant to know it’s bugged ??
    A lot of players in the game buy things some don’t that’s up to us,
    But to have content bugged isn’t fair !

I want Kabam to hold there hands up and go over and beyond on this compensation to show players that they matter to them,
    As I’m getting feed up with all these issue starts to take the fun out of the game,

Regards the refunds people that just scam it then fair Kabam take action against them I’m all for that

Players that receive rubbish compensation compared to what it actually cost them, then I believe they have the right to claim it back if it’s fault (bug) in the game

Yea it’s hard to see who is honest and who is not,
    But personally il wait and see what the compensation is like if it’s no where close to what I used or if they give a say reward type compensation if I’m not happy I will contact the support team to say how I feel and see what they say

What Kabam need to keep in mind players are what pays the bills and upsetting players isn’t good for business
    If the compensation is not what you paid you can contact support for individual compensation... Not really an argument.
    And what recourse is left to that player when support cuts and pastes some tangentially relevant canned response and then closes the ticket?

None. And that's the problem with the new policy.
    IKON said:

I honestly can't believe people are disagreeing with punishing people who get goods and don't pay.

No one is disagreeing with that.

This new policy will impact more than those committing fraud. I can't speak for everyone but that's my main concern.
    Lormif said:

Hulk_77 said:

Drooped2 said:

Appeal to extremes. It does not mean it is illegal either. If it was illegal then you can sue them.
    Just pointing out that a ToS isn't a gospel and most don't hold up under a lot of legal scruinty.

And you CAN sue them, even though the ToS says you can't and you have to go to mandatory arbitration.

However, let's be real, this is a video game, they're a business... If someone put enough money into the game to make a law suit worthwhile, I bet Kabam would rather find a way to solve the problem and retain that business. I would, were I in those shoes.