**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Just moments ago, Featured 4* Arena, my 5* r4 Red Hulk vs Rhino.

Had Rhino backed into corner. Hitting into his block, fires off sp1.

Bug? New unavoidable damage mechanic? Bueller?.... Bueller??.....
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    I use Omega Red every day for Map 6 and this "bug" has severely nerfed him IMO. Players have to hit into the opponent's block in order to stay close and keep the spores on and to trigger his unblockable ability. This technique continues to get him punished or Ko'd. If this is not going to be fixed please just let us know so we can adjust or stop using champs that need to use this technique.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

Hi all,

Thank you for the videos. We'll pass them along for review and let you know what we find out.

Been almost 3 months to review? Can we have any sort of update on this? Really impacts Omega and how we play him.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Venom vs miles 5.4.5 special thrown from block.

Wolverine vs ROL WS - special thrown from block
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    I had this happen in AQ using Omega Red versus a Cosmic Drone in Map5.

its crazy that for a while i thought it was me just not hitting fast enough into the opponents block.

after reading all 11 pages of this thread, its definitely not just in my mind.
  • NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61
    edited June 2019
    Just happened again in AQ. I used Omega Red against a skill ultron drone. Was hitting into his block to build up OR’s spores when the AI used a sp2. Are we ever going to get an update on this?
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    edited June 2019
    Had this just happen in AQ using my gwenpool vs science drone. Hit into the block and he let off an sp2 while I was still hitting into him. How has this not been resolved??? This is a major technique for fighting champs and pushing them to the next bar of power or for baiting out specials. This game has had sooo many problems these past few months it’s almost unplayable...
    Today’s specials thrown from block

Masacre vs 5.4.6 gwenpool
    Ghostrider vs 5.4.5 Kang
    Red hulk vs ROL scarlet witch - special throw from block
    Happened again today in UC EQ 3.1 against Corvus Glaive. I was using Void. Corvus threw sp1 while I was hitting into his block.
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    Happened again. 5.2.3 on the path with juggernaut. On the third hit into his block while he's in the corner suddenly special 1.and no I'm not slowing my combo down. Was using arch angel
    Arena fight, 5* Civil Warrior vs X23: X23 against the wall and throws sp1 while I'm hitting block. Latest game update 24.0, WiFi, iPhone 8+ w/ latest OS.

How many more instances of this (some with video proof) need to be reported here before this is acknowledged as either a bug or an intended change in the way the AI functions? This thread has almost 10k views, so I would imagine there are many players other than myself that are looking for some closure on this. As it stands, I feel more discouraged as yet another update is released without this being fixed or confirmed as a permanent AI change.

With all due respect, this is getting old.

Kabam, you need to show a bit more consideration to your customers imo. I understand that you may not have anything new to share, but just showing up to let us know that this is in the pipeline would, you know, be transparent. At least it would give the appearance that this issue along with the various player concerns that are being voiced in other threads are being given proper attention on your end, not being ignored in hopes that we throw our hands up and ignore it too.

Thanks.
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84
    edited July 2019
    Act 6.1.4 just did a few paths last night and this morning. EST. This section (close encounters) requires hitting block to stay close to opponent. Fought Gamora, this issue definitely happened multiple times in that fight. Also happened fighting Yondu, and a few others but not as much.

When striking their block 3-4 times, and when against the wall (so far), they will just attack into me mid my combo. Another strange observation is that when also striking their block, they will let go of block and I will start hitting them. It’s really strange behavior. That happened much less often than them hitting me.

(Separate issue: Also the Rhino on the 1st path taken to the right in 6.1.4 is going unstoppable (not unblockable for clarification) on every one of his dash attacks. His nodes do not specify that. This is not related to the aspect of war node. He is getting unstoppable on both dash and special attacks.)

iPhone 8 Plus.

At this point of the user feedback, and the ease of reproducing this bug, there should be no doubt.
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84
    Act 6.1.4 Loki boss was using Blade against him. Got kod from hitting his block and he launched an sp1.

Need some compensation. This is wrong.
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Today’s specials launched from block...

X23 vs ROL WS (4 times in fight)

X23 vs ROL CM (twice)
    AQ, my OR vs SS in AQ Map 6, tier 2, PS1, SP1 bias. in the middle of combo SS launches sp2. fed up with this ****, and what makes it worse is the apparent lack of concern on your part Kabam. Am I not supposed to attack anymore, or limit my combos to one hit? Or maybe you could communicate with us and let us know wth is going on with this?!?

I've tried my best to take this stuff in stride but you're making it very hard for me to continue my involvement with this game. Look up my account, I've spent plenty over the last 4 years and in the past I never felt like I was wasting money because I enjoyed the game. Things have been broke af since the Human Torch update and it's NOT FUN. You are devaluing your product from this customer's perspective.

Maybe try updating the Known Issues thread? Or making more of an effort to let us know you are listening? Or slow down for a second and get this and the myriad of other bugs that have plagued the game for months under control?

Thanks.
    Just now happened in AQ map 5 vs Loki. I was using Hyperion and between first and second hit into his block he activated sp1.

The fact that no mod has made an effort to update the community on the status of this issue for quite some time makes it seem that Kabam just doesn’t care. Perception is reality.
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178
    I was hitting Loki's block then suddenly he released his SP1?? Was that intended?
    I do not see any bug reports about special attacks while hitting block.
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

hi @Kabam Miike , can you check Red Hulk's Basic Attack against Loki in Act 5.3.6? I just experienced this and it really cost my run.
  • xCristoxCristo Posts: 30
    Venom r4 sig around 120 vs mysterio. Hit him with a fourth light and he sp1 out of nowhere.
    I just ran Master Class Trip with OR and either a special was thrown or they somehow dexed out of me hitting into block or making contact. Run that with OR yourself and you will see it. I don't have time to record every fight and I don't take time to write matchups down. Just run OR in that quest. It'll take you 10 min. Someone there must get paid to test this stuff, right?
This discussion has been closed.