**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

July 4th deals, Uncollected vs Cavalier

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Let me make this perfectly clear. This is about the money offers! When it comes to out of pocket expenses, it should be equal across the board.

This is not the credit offers that I have a problem with. That is earned like Hotel Perks.

This is MONEY offers. When you go to McDonalds and BUY a Big Mac, everyone pays the same and gets the same. Why do we treat spending money so carelessly? As a consumer, we all need to be wise when it comes to our spending. This game is no different.

Money offers can be tiered as well.
    As a consumer we need to be wise I agree.
    If you dont want what's offered just dont buy it..

This is true. Many companies have things like Loyalty Programs which include discounts and special offers.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192

So people in act 1 should get a chance to get a 5* right off the bat? Isn’t that basically pay to win?

And why is that a problem?
    Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

You can’t value a product more or less just based off a progress gate, you’re telling me that someone in the top tier can get cheaper T5B and 6* just because they’ve finished an extra few fights? This is really disappointing. Who on earth makes these decisions??

An extra few Fights? If it was that easy, we'd all be Cavalier. It's not. Same can be said for people who are UC versus who aren't. The other side is always going to see it as unfair, but those are the perks that come with putting the work in to get past the Milestone.
    Do you not at all see it as unfair for individuals such as myself for a example who are so very close to being cavaliers (6.1.5) to be grouped up with those who have only just completed 5.2 and thus are receiving lesser rewards?
    No. The goal post is the goal post.
    When did they state that this was the goalposts moron? This has never been mentioned. I am at X bones now without a decent counter. Yet to spend a unit on 6.1 and are more then capable of burning some and pushing through him but thought I’d wait for a decent counter instead of burning units. Have grinded my way to 5k. Becoming cavalier is not hard, if you don’t have the roster it just requires you spend.
    Why should someone who has competed a few extra fights be given deals that are far better value then someone who has not?
    The Title is acquired at a certain point. That is the goal post. The OP asked if I thought it was fair to someone at 6.1.5. Yes. It is. That's the requirement for everyone. The moment you start making exceptions it's no longer a progress marker for everyone.
    I'm not sure why you're focusing on better value. It's literally done all the time. Some Offers are for different demographics. This isn't about "equal value". It's a yearly Sale that really doesn't reflect actual value at all. Some Offers are only available to people that meet the requirement.
    I hate to say it/don’t mean to be rude but I knew it was only a matter of time until you got here and went devils advocate against me haha. I like this debate (I mean all of this in as friendly of a way as possible)
    I'm not really being Devil's Advocate. I actually think it's fair. It's not fair to make exceptions for people close to it. As for the Offer, it's part of the game. Want better Rewards, you need to jump through hoops.
    By devils advocate I mean a sort of opposition to my arguement haha. But to back to your earlier point, kabam has always said that they don’t want to cause a discrepancy in roster power to an unfair extend, for example; if for $50 one person got a 5 star crystal, while for that same $50 someone else got a 6 star crystal due to a bug, kabam would see that as unfair and would fix it. This July 4th fiasco is effectively
    Doing the same thing, save for the fact that it isn’t a glitch. You’re giving one person more resources for the same amount of money someone is getting less resources for
    Yes. That's because they've earned it. You can call it arbitrary or insignificant, or even inconsequential, but I'd suggest you give up your Title perks. It's been a part of the game all the way back to the Level 40 requirement. Then when Uncollected came, that was the whole point. Access to what others don't have yet. We see it in the Unit Store everyday with the Daily Crystal Offer. It's a level of achievement that comes with certain benefits.

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

You can’t value a product more or less just based off a progress gate, you’re telling me that someone in the top tier can get cheaper T5B and 6* just because they’ve finished an extra few fights? This is really disappointing. Who on earth makes these decisions??

An extra few Fights? If it was that easy, we'd all be Cavalier. It's not. Same can be said for people who are UC versus who aren't. The other side is always going to see it as unfair, but those are the perks that come with putting the work in to get past the Milestone.
    Do you not at all see it as unfair for individuals such as myself for a example who are so very close to being cavaliers (6.1.5) to be grouped up with those who have only just completed 5.2 and thus are receiving lesser rewards?
    When did they state that this was the goalposts moron? This has never been mentioned. I am at X bones now without a decent counter. Yet to spend a unit on 6.1 and are more then capable of burning some and pushing through him but thought I’d wait for a decent counter instead of burning units. Have grinded my way to 5k. Becoming cavalier is not hard, if you don’t have the roster it just requires you spend.
    Why should someone who has competed a few extra fights be given deals that are far better value then someone who has not?
    The Title is acquired at a certain point. That is the goal post. The OP asked if I thought it was fair to someone at 6.1.5. Yes. It is. That's the requirement for everyone. The moment you start making exceptions it's no longer a progress marker for everyone.
    I'm not sure why you're focusing on better value. It's literally done all the time. Some Offers are for different demographics. This isn't about "equal value". It's a yearly Sale that really doesn't reflect actual value at all. Some Offers are only available to people that meet the requirement.
    I hate to say it/don’t mean to be rude but I knew it was only a matter of time until you got here and went devils advocate against me haha. I like this debate (I mean all of this in as friendly of a way as possible)
    I'm not really being Devil's Advocate. I actually think it's fair. It's not fair to make exceptions for people close to it. As for the Offer, it's part of the game. Want better Rewards, you need to jump through hoops.
    By devils advocate I mean a sort of opposition to my arguement haha. But to back to your earlier point, kabam has always said that they don’t want to cause a discrepancy in roster power to an unfair extend, for example; if for $50 one person got a 5 star crystal, while for that same $50 someone else got a 6 star crystal due to a bug, kabam would see that as unfair and would fix it. This July 4th fiasco is effectively
    Doing the same thing, save for the fact that it isn’t a glitch. You’re giving one person more resources for the same amount of money someone is getting less resources for
    Yes. That's because they've earned it. You can call it arbitrary or insignificant, or even inconsequential, but I'd suggest you give up your Title perks. It's been a part of the game all the way back to the Level 40 requirement. Then when Uncollected came, that was the whole point. Access to what others don't have yet. We see it in the Unit Store everyday with the Daily Crystal Offer. It's a level of achievement that comes with certain benefits.
    If it was a small difference between the offers, I would be fine but the difference is too huge for these titles to justify the difference
    Honest answer. Would you be arguing against it if you were Cavalier? Lol.
    I am Cavalier and tbh the deals suited my progression point really well. As far as I am concerned, the Cav deals were very good.

I don't agree with the tiered deals for cash even though I benefitted from my Cavalier status. Unit deals, fine, but this was a Step too far.

I see some people commenting that they'd be OK with if the difference wasn't so big. I say NOOOOOO it's not about how big the difference is, but the fact that there's a difference at al. Real money should get you the same as any other player spending the same amount.

So make this right KABAM and send the non-cavaliers who bought any deal the difference with the Cavalier deals.
    They can offer any deal to any level of progression they choose. People are only entitled to the same if they've put the same effort into it. Meaning, they've earned the same Title. They're not just arbitrary points of Rewards. Kabam has decided those points are what warrant a step up. What concerns us is what's offered to us. Not what's offered to others.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

If it was a small difference between the offers, I would be fine but the difference is too huge for these titles to justify the difference
    I am Cavalier and tbh the deals suited my progression point really well. As far as I am concerned, the Cav deals were very good.

I don't agree with the tiered deals for cash even though I benefitted from my Cavalier status. Unit deals, fine, but this was a Step too far.

I see some people commenting that they'd be OK with if the difference wasn't so big. I say NOOOOOO it's not about how big the difference is, but the fact that there's a difference at al. Real money should get you the same as any other player spending the same amount.

So make this right KABAM and send the non-cavaliers who bought any deal the difference with the Cavalier deals.
    How are unit deals any different than the money ones? So honestly, a level 10 player should be able to get resources a level 60 Cavalier player can get?

Do you also think level 20 players should be able to have access to act 5 and 6 plus UC content or Variant difficulty?

No, I don't think they should.

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

How are unit deals any different than the money ones? So honestly, a level 10 player should be able to get resources a level 60 Cavalier player can get?

Do you also think level 20 players should be able to have access to act 5 and 6 plus UC content or Variant difficulty?

Why shouldnt they?
    If they want to pay and can get a buff early what's the issue?

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

They can offer any deal to any level of progression they choose. People are only entitled to the same if they've put the same effort into it. Meaning, they've earned the same Title. They're not just arbitrary points of Rewards. Kabam has decided those points are what warrant a step up. What concerns us is what's offered to us. Not what's offered to others.
    The big difference is that it's real money making the purchase and not in game currency
    KingKiah said:

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Why shouldnt they?
    If they want to pay and can get a buff early what's the issue?
    We've always had to earn our way as summoners. Yes you can progress faster by spending and that's fine, doesnt mean every deal has to apply to everyone the same. You can end up skewing the lower level economy by getting them access to higher rarity star levels, especially when it comes to war defenders. Those resources just arent needed at that level.

I will say I'm surprised they split UC and Cav. But I can also understand they are helping the cavalier players get through act 6 with these deals.
    KingKiah said:

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

The big difference is that it's real money making the purchase and not in game currency
    That doesn't matter.

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

It’s completely different when you're paying with cash though.

I am fine either way, because I am cavalier, but for cash offers, it should be the same across the board.

Unit offers they can tier how they like.
    I don't see it as different at all. It's just the same as any other Sale or Offer that's only available for specific clientel. There are Rewards Programs, Loyalty Programs, Preferred Customer Incentives, all different kinds of things offered by companies. In this case, the Items are offered to people who have completed Cavalier. That's the condition of the Offer. It's not even a fair comparison because it's not our value. It's the Cavalier value.
    It's also availabe to everyone in the sense that you can have the same deal. Just become Cavalier. If not, it's not offered to you. That's their choice.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Solswerd said:

Y'all act like they haven't had two 5 dollar daily deals running all this time. (Uncollected and non-Uncollected) 5 bucks each with different items available....every single day.

While true the massive difference in resources on offer is substantially overblown. In terms of roster most UC guy’s aren’t that far off what a cav player is and their needs in terms of resources are very similar. I was UC this morning and now I’m cav but we should have at least been notified of this pre deal as it would have allowed people to plan better.
    As I said earlier the difference between completing act5 and becoming cav with one run through of 6.1 really isn’t that much, personally I could have done it a lot earlier but decided to wait for a effective counter to x bones rather then push through when it was released
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    What's wrong with Rich getting richer... They are not taking away someone else's 😡.... They earned it by spending time/efforts/money over the years....

And those offers are completely optional... If anyone wants to go for them., No one's stopping...
    SparkAlot said:

So... Kabam strikes again.

Rich get richer, for the same amount of cash.

• Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    If the offers were same across the board within a few weeks we would be Hearing Nower players complaining all this stuff they spent so much money on is expiring and it’s unfair I don’t have the t4c to use my t2a and t5b before they expire.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    The difference between Uncollected and Cavalier is staggering, but my main issue with the Uncollected offer is that it's not much better than what was offered on Cyber Monday (7.5 months ago!), especially given the Act 6 gates. Assuming you spend 15000 units, you are only getting an extra 7500 t5b, 4000 6*, 3 t1a, 0.5 t2a, 1 t4b, 2 t4c, 20 5* sig stones, and 500k gold. You also lose 2500 4* and 4* AG. Really only the t5b, t2a, and 6* shards are notable. Doesn't seem worth it. Guess I saved up units for nothing.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    I'll be interesting to see if this hurts their total earnings for today. They did over 3M on cyber Monday when everyone got the same offers. Wonder what they made today with the tiered offers.
    There's nothing to fix. It's not broken. That's the intended goal. There are different Offers for Uncollected and Cavalier. The only way to fix it is become Cavalier.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    I don't see the issue. If you don't like that you are getting crappier offers keep working to get uncollected and/or cavalier. I became cavalier the first week because I wanted to take advantage of what it offered. It cost me to get through 6-1 because I don't have the skill or the roster others may have. I didn't have the right matchups for some of the bosses or node but I still went ahead and used up a ton of revives and health potions I had saved up from the 4 hour crystals (I had been saving up for a looooong time). There are ways to get there if you really want to (unless all you have is 4* but thats another story)