RNG on War Season Crystals is not good

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,845 ★★★★★
Why do we need it? It's not like I will gamble units on it to get more. We all fought season, one guy gets 5k t2a, the other gets 50k.

The season 11 crystals have a huge swing built into it as well. Why? just why?
«1

Comments

  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Yup 5 crystals with like 15k t2a not the worst but just not great for the effort
  • CharnutzCharnutz Posts: 74
    I hate those crystals. They are always a disappointment.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Main (5 crystals) - 28k T2A / 6k T5B

    Alt 1 (5 crystals) - 9k T2A / 5k T5B

    Alt 2 (5 crystals) - 11k T2A / 5k T5B

    An ex alliance mate (2 crystals) - 44k T2A / 2k T5B

    Yeah. A little too much variance. 😂

    Yup 1 season I got a full t2a from 2 crystals this season I had 5 and got less then half of that
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,195 Guardian
    Yet another opening of the absolute minimum from these crystals... It just isn't any fun. Meanwhile others in my alliance pull enough to form a full t2a. There really is such a thing as too much RNG.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,525 ★★★★
    Higher floor, lower ceiling please.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,604 ★★★★
    We get these threads at the end of every war season, the same thing will happen with this one as the previous 9.

    Absolutely sweet FA
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,769 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Main (5 crystals) - 28k T2A / 6k T5B

    Alt 1 (5 crystals) - 9k T2A / 5k T5B

    Alt 2 (5 crystals) - 11k T2A / 5k T5B

    An ex alliance mate (2 crystals) - 44k T2A / 2k T5B

    Yeah. A little too much variance. 😂

    New record for me:


  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,195 Guardian

    xNig said:

    Main (5 crystals) - 28k T2A / 6k T5B

    Alt 1 (5 crystals) - 9k T2A / 5k T5B

    Alt 2 (5 crystals) - 11k T2A / 5k T5B

    An ex alliance mate (2 crystals) - 44k T2A / 2k T5B

    Yeah. A little too much variance. 😂

    New record for me:


    That's just sad...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,525 ★★★★

    xNig said:

    Main (5 crystals) - 28k T2A / 6k T5B

    Alt 1 (5 crystals) - 9k T2A / 5k T5B

    Alt 2 (5 crystals) - 11k T2A / 5k T5B

    An ex alliance mate (2 crystals) - 44k T2A / 2k T5B

    Yeah. A little too much variance. 😂

    New record for me:


    I feel you bro DT.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Especially as season 10 was much harder then previous seasons it’s annoying at least we get to see the new individual rewards today
  • Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 16
    Kabam should explain whats reason for random reward. Its only pissed of people and they dont have profit from it
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,845 ★★★★★

    Its only pissed of people and they dont have profit from it

    This is the thing I do not get ... there is no profit to be made from this randomness ...
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,845 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Haji_Saab said:

    Why do we need it? It's not like I will gamble units on it to get more. We all fought season, one guy gets 5k t2a, the other gets 50k.

    The season 11 crystals have a huge swing built into it as well. Why? just why?

    Would love to understand why someone disagrees with your questions @Haji_Saab

    Maybe they think it’s the wrong question? Or that you actually will gamble?!? Or the assertion that a huge swing is built in? Hmmm...

    Dr. Zola

    It's the internet.... see button, click button .. :smiley:
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    This RNG system must go. I don't see any place for such a huge swing in rewards after a MONTH of hard work. The argument that RNG balances out in the long run is simply untenable in this context where the sample size for any individual player will never be large enough. This is different from say Map 7 crystals where a player who does map 7 consistently can conceivably build up a stash of 500 crystals over some time, and at that sort of sample size, we would expect rewards to somewhat even out.

    When you are getting 5 or so AW season crystals every 6 weeks, the law of averages just won't apply.

    There is no reason why a Gold tier player should be able to score more rewards than a Platinum tier player just because he got lucky on an opening.
  • LainuaLainua Posts: 670 ★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

    This RNG system must go. I don't see any place for such a huge swing in rewards after a MONTH of hard work. The argument that RNG balances out in the long run is simply untenable in this context where the sample size for any individual player will never be large enough. This is different from say Map 7 crystals where a player who does map 7 consistently can conceivably build up a stash of 500 crystals over some time, and at that sort of sample size, we would expect rewards to somewhat even out.

    When you are getting 5 or so AW season crystals every 6 weeks, the law of averages just won't apply.

    There is no reason why a Gold tier player should be able to score more rewards than a Platinum tier player just because he got lucky on an opening.

    Definitely they should give crystal based on tier. For example Masters alliance will get better crystal than Platinum even if between those masters there are differences in rewards.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 722 ★★★
    Yeah these crystals are the biggest piece of trash kabam May have lol.

    P3 and pulled 12k t2a and 5k t5b. Not worth the 20-25 potions I used in war. Moved down to a g2 alliance less effort prolly yield same result, no potions used and can get more t2a with that saved glory.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Lainua said:

    Ultra8529 said:

    This RNG system must go. I don't see any place for such a huge swing in rewards after a MONTH of hard work. The argument that RNG balances out in the long run is simply untenable in this context where the sample size for any individual player will never be large enough. This is different from say Map 7 crystals where a player who does map 7 consistently can conceivably build up a stash of 500 crystals over some time, and at that sort of sample size, we would expect rewards to somewhat even out.

    When you are getting 5 or so AW season crystals every 6 weeks, the law of averages just won't apply.

    There is no reason why a Gold tier player should be able to score more rewards than a Platinum tier player just because he got lucky on an opening.

    Definitely they should give crystal based on tier. For example Masters alliance will get better crystal than Platinum even if between those masters there are differences in rewards.
    This makes sense too, as long as the floor from a master crystal is higher than the ceiling from a plat crystal, for instance.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,845 ★★★★★
    It only took 8 or 9 seasons of constant posts about tanking, for them to implement the war rating freeze ... this will also change soon™
  • LormifLormif Posts: 3,201 ★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

    Lainua said:

    Ultra8529 said:

    This RNG system must go. I don't see any place for such a huge swing in rewards after a MONTH of hard work. The argument that RNG balances out in the long run is simply untenable in this context where the sample size for any individual player will never be large enough. This is different from say Map 7 crystals where a player who does map 7 consistently can conceivably build up a stash of 500 crystals over some time, and at that sort of sample size, we would expect rewards to somewhat even out.

    When you are getting 5 or so AW season crystals every 6 weeks, the law of averages just won't apply.

    There is no reason why a Gold tier player should be able to score more rewards than a Platinum tier player just because he got lucky on an opening.

    Definitely they should give crystal based on tier. For example Masters alliance will get better crystal than Platinum even if between those masters there are differences in rewards.
    This makes sense too, as long as the floor from a master crystal is higher than the ceiling from a plat crystal, for instance.
    I disagree, you are already getting more of them, I mean unless they give the exact same number of crystals, but even then their purpose of helping the lower tier people is completely lost.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 967 ★★★
    Those crystals are the main reason we stopped spending in aw. It's all based on luck so 3 crystals can beat 5.....doesn't make sense why theres random rewards.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 3,201 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

    Those crystals are the main reason we stopped spending in aw. It's all based on luck so 3 crystals can beat 5.....doesn't make sense why theres random rewards.

    So that little bit of rewards, over the massive amount of other fixed rewards is the reason you stopped spending?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

    Zuko_ILC said:

    Those crystals are the main reason we stopped spending in aw. It's all based on luck so 3 crystals can beat 5.....doesn't make sense why theres random rewards.

    So that little bit of rewards, over the massive amount of other fixed rewards is the reason you stopped spending?
    It’s not really a massive amount of fixed rewards though is it
  • LormifLormif Posts: 3,201 ★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

    Lormif said:

    Zuko_ILC said:

    Those crystals are the main reason we stopped spending in aw. It's all based on luck so 3 crystals can beat 5.....doesn't make sense why theres random rewards.

    So that little bit of rewards, over the massive amount of other fixed rewards is the reason you stopped spending?
    It’s not really a massive amount of fixed rewards though is it
    relative to what you get out of those crystals, yes it is a massive amount. The lower in the tiers you getplat/gold1 ish the more valuable they are, but at the upper levels the random crystals are rally not that important in the totality of the rewards. Most of the issues around them come from jealousy.
Sign In or Register to comment.