**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fight Randomized Opponents and Buffs in Sinister Labs!

Comments

• JwneJwne Posts: 1

Em sexta-feira, 16 de agosto de 2019, Muxkitto 10 escreveu:
    Hello,

This is Muxkitto from Kabam Support and I said thank you for contacting us. Answer the following questions to get advance on marvel contest of champions
    What was the original player name of your account? Write this name exactly as it appeared in the game
    What were your first two real money purchases? Include the dates (yyyy-mm-dd) and the amount of real money you spent on Google or iTunes.
    What country, province, state, or city were you in when you created your account?
    What is the creation date of your account? Please estimate the date (yyyy-mm-dd) when you created your account in the game. If you are having trouble remembering when you created the account, we recommend that you check the dates of your earliest achievements on your Google Play or Game Center account(s).
    What is your kabam id and password of your account? Write the exactly email address appeared in your account
    As a reminder, you can access your iTunes and Google Play purchase histories to check for the first two purchases and you can review your Google Play and Game Center accounts to view your first achievements and estimate the account creation date.

Thank you for your cooperation
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Haji_Saab said:

I get the RNG, which u can ask any mathematician out there, there's no such thing as random number generator, there's always a pattern

An actual mathematician knowledgeable would ask you to define what you mean by "random number" because this is not a trivial thing to define in mathematics. The notion that there's "real randomness" and "fake randomness" is extremely slippery. Even the go-to answer of quantum mechanics being random is an unsettled question.

The term of art here is sufficiently random. In any practical application, no one knows what "real randomness" is, so they define a set of tests that the application demands of the random generator; any generator that passes these randomness tests is considered "sufficiently random." And sufficiently random generators exist. For something like a video game, they aren't very difficult to make. I'm pretty sure even Mersenne Twister generates random sequences that no human being could ever predict or detect an imbalance within in the context of a video game's random rewards.

Now, is Particle Protector "random?" Maybe not. I've been watching PP as it comes up in the buff list and I've seen some interesting things. For example I've heard a theory that Particle Protector and Micro Reflect are tied together: you always get one with the other. But that's not the case:

But it might be true in one direction: if Micro Reflect is drawn then Particle Protector gets automatically pulled as well. But that suggests that Particle Protector isn't just pulled randomly: there's logic that says IF X THEN PARTICLE PROTECTOR. And if that's the case, then it is possible that logic is somehow bugged, and PP comes up more often than it ought to. And I have seen instances where PP comes up several times in a row on rerolls. I've never seen eight, but I've seen four. That's possible through random chance, but I'm mildly suspicious, particularly since its likely there's extra logic that could be broken.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The concept of "randomness" is actually quite interesting. As a semi-experienced programmer I have used many different types of built in random number generator functions in many different programming languages. In my experience, people tend to apply human logic to a problem such as generating a random number and sometimes that comes through.

When I took programming classes there is one key point that I took away. That when you are programming you have to think like the computer. A computer cannot apply logic the same way a human can and despite our best efforts you can never fully impart the logic of people into a computer program. Something as simple as overlooking the fact that certain numbers can't be stored precisely in binary can lead to huge problems in a program.

Back to the topic of randomness, I have noticed that on occasion a sort of pattern can be seen in some of the built in RNG functions I have used. Now I'm not saying that they aren't "sufficiently random," but what I am saying is behind every random program is a human mind and human minds apply logic which can sometimes be seen in the "randomness."

Of course none of this is to say that the code being used for labs is not "sufficiently random" it is just a topic that I find interesting and when we see a buff come up many times in a row it does seem to suggest the presence of some form of "logic" behind the program.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I just rolled particle protector 6 times in a row in master.

RNG y'all
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

I get the RNG, which u can ask any mathematician out there, there's no such thing as random number generator, there's always a pattern

An actual mathematician knowledgeable would ask you to define what you mean by "random number" because this is not a trivial thing to define in mathematics. The notion that there's "real randomness" and "fake randomness" is extremely slippery. Even the go-to answer of quantum mechanics being random is an unsettled question.

The term of art here is sufficiently random. In any practical application, no one knows what "real randomness" is, so they define a set of tests that the application demands of the random generator; any generator that passes these randomness tests is considered "sufficiently random." And sufficiently random generators exist. For something like a video game, they aren't very difficult to make. I'm pretty sure even Mersenne Twister generates random sequences that no human being could ever predict or detect an imbalance within in the context of a video game's random rewards.

Now, is Particle Protector "random?" Maybe not. I've been watching PP as it comes up in the buff list and I've seen some interesting things. For example I've heard a theory that Particle Protector and Micro Reflect are tied together: you always get one with the other. But that's not the case:

But it might be true in one direction: if Micro Reflect is drawn then Particle Protector gets automatically pulled as well. But that suggests that Particle Protector isn't just pulled randomly: there's logic that says IF X THEN PARTICLE PROTECTOR. And if that's the case, then it is possible that logic is somehow bugged, and PP comes up more often than it ought to. And I have seen instances where PP comes up several times in a row on rerolls. I've never seen eight, but I've seen four. That's possible through random chance, but I'm mildly suspicious, particularly since its likely there's extra logic that could be broken.
    Lol that's a bug once again, if press X and reclick on the nodes then the particle protector will disappear, this happens with the bottom most node in the nodes section. Decided not report this since there are much more harmful bugs in this game rather than the harmless ones.
    Haji_Saab said:

@DNA3000 I don't even remember my post that you just quoted. Was it from this thread? :smiley: I seriously can't remember the context.

Now that's weird. I clearly remember you posting about rerolling particle protector several times in a row and wondering if that suggested a problem with that buff coming up randomly. But I can't see the post anymore.

DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lol that's a bug once again, if press X and reclick on the nodes then the particle protector will disappear, this happens with the bottom most node in the nodes section. Decided not report this since there are much more harmful bugs in this game rather than the harmless ones.
    I've heard of that bug. But I've seen this happen when Particle Protector and Micro Reflect are the first two buffs in the set, which I thought was not characteristic of that bug.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Any tips to fight awakened IMIW with Slashed Tires?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★

Any bleed immune will work
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Any bleed immune will work
    Nope. The only way to avoid damage from slashed tires is to not dash back. You must be thinking caltrops.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

I use CMM to get through most of the BS damage nodes. Those 12 seconds are clutch.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143

I played the Sinister Lab on Master mode and had a roaster that was above the requirement psi, long story short,I end up going through so many randomizers to get a decent “evenly match fight” and at least 200 units 200 complete it as well as a stash of health potions and revives. The rewards payout was not even worth it IMHO. I consider myself an above average player.

So you brought a team with a 9,999,999 for RoL right?

That recommended team rating has never really meant much of anything

I played the Sinister Lab on Master mode and had a roaster that was above the requirement psi, long story short,I end up going through so many randomizers to get a decent “evenly match fight” and at least 200 units 200 complete it as well as a stash of health potions and revives. The rewards payout was not even worth it IMHO. I consider myself an above average player.

So you brought a team with a 9,999,999 for RoL right?

That recommended team rating has never really meant much of anything
    The requirement team rating based on Kabam’s mastery level to engage effectively the difficulty mode level, for master it is roughly 25k, whereas I had a team rating of 32k and got slaughtered even using randomizes dice rolls.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TECHN0ST0RMTECHN0ST0RM Posts: 9
    Kabam, you guys are pathetic with Sinister Lab. The rewards sucks and the buff nodes on Epic is ridiculous! you guys are loosing customers left and right and loosing revenues with such pathetic and frustrating nodes.. Why not just have everything regen, unblockable and unstoppable at all time? ridiculous man! you keep making players hate your company more and more each day! Oh and the health pool is far from being reasonable! time for everyone to stop spending and playing this game altogether!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Kabam, you guys are pathetic with Sinister Lab. The rewards sucks and the buff nodes on Epic is ridiculous! you guys are loosing customers left and right and loosing revenues with such pathetic and frustrating nodes.. Why not just have everything regen, unblockable and unstoppable at all time? ridiculous man! you keep making players hate your company more and more each day! Oh and the health pool is far from being reasonable! time for everyone to stop spending and playing this game altogether!

Yeah, don't think people are quitting over the side quest. Sounds like you aren't ready for Epic. Personally I quit running it because the rewards aren't worth the time, but I don't have any issues with the nodes or the health pool.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Y_T said:

Fun node of the day:

Aspect of Nightmares 50%.
    Heal Reversal.

No randomiser

:'(

Yep, fun times ensue.
  • TECHN0ST0RMTECHN0ST0RM Posts: 9

Yeah, don't think people are quitting over the side quest. Sounds like you aren't ready for Epic. Personally I quit running it because the rewards aren't worth the time, but I don't have any issues with the nodes or the health pool.
    yeah there are always people like you who thinks you are better than others. I never said I couldn't complete it. It just takes too much effort for the measly rewards and totally boring. This game is getting old and people are quitting. Like it or not I don't know you nor do I want to. But there are very skilled players and Legends who agreed that the nodes are ridiculous for the amount of effort and time spent. Don't like my opinion? ignore me instead of telling me I don't have the skills for Epic.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i do Master and call it a day lol ... the randomizers are a pain on Epic

Don't like my opinion? ignore me instead of telling me I don't have the skills for Epic.

I don't think you understand the concept of a discussion forum.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    If the buffs are random, why do micro reflect and particle protector always come together?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

yeah there are always people like you who thinks you are better than others. I never said I couldn't complete it. It just takes too much effort for the measly rewards and totally boring. This game is getting old and people are quitting. Like it or not I don't know you nor do I want to. But there are very skilled players and Legends who agreed that the nodes are ridiculous for the amount of effort and time spent. Don't like my opinion? ignore me instead of telling me I don't have the skills for Epic.
    Never implied I was better then others but whatever. You made a rant in which you called for people to stop playing the game and declared that people were quitting left and right due to the frustrating nodes. You complained about the health pool. I don't think assuming you couldn't do it was much of a leap. Don't really care if you can do it or not, people aren't "quitting left and right" over a side quest. I don't know anyone who thinks the nodes are ridiculous for the time and effort... that doesn't make sense. I know lots of people who think the rewards aren't worth the time, which is why I quit running them lol.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    edited August 2019
    I had went through 8 randomizers on only 3 Sinister Lab defenders on Master mode, but again it’s all in progress of the game where 5* and 6* champs are the future of advancing, whereas 4* older champs are becoming more and obsolete even maxed out with signatures to compete on a Master mode level with one sided buffers up against awaken 5* champs.
  • UfuomahUfuomah Posts: 37
    edited September 2019
    I have to say, I barely noticed this event was even active. Ran it for the first day, rerolled a good ten times to randomize a Buff but got the same node every single time
    That was the last time I played the event. It is one of the worse kabam have ever come up with.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

If you’re spending that many units to clear it you aren’t ready, recommended rating means very little