Summoners. We are aware of issues with Alliance Wars Enlistment/Matchmaking. We are exploring the cause of this issue and possible solutions.

Huge bug - Parry Timer is not correct vs generic quest NPCs

I was running through Variant 3 with a slightly different mastery setup than normal and was facing off against Colossus in Variant 3.3.1 when I noticed that the parry timer was expiring very quickly it seemed like. I started recording and finished the fight, and reviewed it after... and I was sadly shocked. I have 3/3 in Parry, which should mean a 2 second long stun on parry for this node as there is no limber on the local node or Global node.

I am trying to keep this as simple as possible, so have recorded a 1.6 second long .gif, but have the video if Kabam is going to try and say "working as intended."

I have included a longer gif as well below:

I cannot believe that this bug has gone unnoticed for this long. This would mean that 3/3 Parry does NOT have the extended timer of 2.0 seconds but only the base timer of 1.5 seconds.

Model: Samsung S9+
Version: Latest on both MCoC and Android
Node: Boss of Variant 3.3.1
Defender: Colossus
Attacker: R5* Omega Red, 180 sigs.

Comments

• You can't tag mods, that's why it was deleted.
    That post, as well as your last one, is just to call attention really. You won't get it from youtubers as well
  • Noob_67S55PTNoob_67S55PT Posts: 1
    Interesting, it used to say "up to 2.0 second(s)" and someone tested parry timing extensively before and posted the result on Reddit.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 164 ★★

That’s because it scales to 2 seconds with perfect block chance
    Very bad wording indeed

It doesn’t actually, I have just tried a parry with daredevil (classic), who has a 40% perfect block chance, with max parry and stupefy masteries. Admittedly it wasn’t the most scientific of tests, but I counted ~3 seconds of stun duration against ROL Winter Soldier. It appears that perfect block adds to stun duration.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 164 ★★
    A similar test carried out with a similar rating Ultron (AOU) resulted in ~2.5 seconds stun duration for me. Again, this wasn’t the best method of testing lol. That said, the parry mastery appears to be working with full duration for me.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 169
    I would hope this bug gets fixed. Did you submit an actual ticket?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 1,004 ★★★
    This desperately needs fixed. I've been experiencing this too. Random opponents in EQ's with no nodes (not Rogue or Blade or any champs like that) and I don't even have time to let off a heavy. I have Parry and Stupefy maxed out and it's just feeling like a waste if masteries right now.
  • Would you be able to share the whole video with us? You can post it on youtube and post a link to it if you need.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,130 ★★★
    I can confirm this happens to me as well in questing, felt very strange.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,420 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

Cull Obsidian, no other team members, WS in RoL, 1/3 in Parry, 3/3 in Stupefy:

Cull Obsidian, no other team members, WS in RoL, 3/3 in Parry, 3/3 in Stupefy:

Both gifs are 2.0 seconds long from each of the supplied Youtube hosted videos showing the start and finish of a Parry - this absolutely, 100% shows that at 1/3 points in Parry results in the same Parry length as 3/3 points.

@Kabam Zibiit - see supplied videos. You can see that the Parry damage reduction applies for the same champions and opponents (51 dmg vs 60 dmg), but there is NO increase in stun length when there should be a 0.5 second longer stun time.

Not saying there is no issue here, but the second videos stun is longer, not 1 second longer mind you, but you can see in the first video you stun him. Also you see him charging at you when you parry him at the start.. In the second video he is stunned the entire duration.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,420 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

Do I need to break it down frame by frame? They are within 0.1 seconds of each other because that is the lowest resolution I can achieve with it. They are the same length for all intents and purposes. The point is that one is clearly no where close to 2.5 seconds as it should be. Case in point below - this one has 3/3 in Parry and 0/3 in Stupefy. That means it should be the same length as a stun when you have 1/3 in Parry and 3/3 in Stupefy. It is not. It is 1.5 seconds long.

1/3 Parry, 3/3 Stupefy

no, as I stated I was not trying to say an issue did not exist, just pointing out the difference.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 513 ★★
    The first gif shows more dash but cuts off the last tiniest bit of the stun duration. The second shows less of the opening attack and more of the stun. Dealing with hundredths of a second though so for intents and purposes the stuns are the same.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 449 ★★
    Parry should stun for 2 seconds without anything else. If you put a few points in perfect block, it makes it longer. He may be onto something here.