**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

A l p h a said:

Just make sure since this is a new chapter....

Remove the 5 or 6 star requirement!! Let us use our whole Roster again! Please?!

Why would you be using 4*s in a mode harder than Act 6?
    Why not? You don’t think there are skillful players who don’t have the 5 or 6* version of a champion they need for a counter?
    Skill also builds a Roster over time, and you can't depend on 4*s forever.
  • Options
    It's like taking an underdeveloped Account into End-Game material.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

And if someone is capeable of doing the content with an underdeveloped roster why should they be stopped?
    The game is designed to give access to Rewards based on levels of progress. It's bypassing the whole process of progression. Same reason there are Gates in Act 6. You don't want people who barely have a 5 and 6* Roster to jump to Cavalier Rewards.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

And if someone is capeable of doing the content with an underdeveloped roster why should they be stopped?
    The game is designed to give access to Rewards based on levels of progress. It's bypassing the whole process of progression. Same reason there are Gates in Act 6. You don't want people who barely have a 5 and 6* Roster to jump to Cavalier Rewards.
    If someone can do something they shouldn’t be stopped by a gate, simple as, if a player is extremely skilled they should be able to progress really quickly
    I'm going to have to disagree with that. There are large scale and acute problems that come from that.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The thing is, to get to this we have to have finished act 6, which means we must have a solid 5 star roster, so why block out 4 stars? We’ve already proven we have progressed past the point of reliance on them, so just let us bring them in for synergy purposes or maybe that 1 fight we don’t have the right 5* for like if there’s another acid wash mysterio type fight
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

The thing is, to get to this we have to have finished act 6, which means we must have a solid 5 star roster, so why block out 4 stars? We’ve already proven we have progressed past the point of reliance on them, so just let us bring them in for synergy purposes or maybe that 1 fight we don’t have the right 5* for like if there’s another acid wash mysterio type fight

I'm not sure what the team has decided, but we have been pretty clear in the past that we didn't plan on letting lower-level Champions past Act 6. I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to use 4-Stars again.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I'm not sure what the team has decided, but we have been pretty clear in the past that we didn't plan on letting lower-level Champions past Act 6. I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to use 4-Stars again.
    I’m excited either way I’m really likede 6.4 a few part just hard without prower champions at all but that’s do’s not meant it is bad that just means I’m Hav to expanding my roster.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    At the beginning of this year I completed and fully explored Act 4 as I only had the quest with Maestro left. I've barely started Act 5, but hearing Act 7 (Book 2 Act 1) has certainly motivated me to work toward finishing my completion of Act 5 for this year. I look forward to any video content YouTubers post when Book 2 Act 1 debuts!
  • Options

Siliyo said:

A l p h a said:

Remove the 5 or 6 star requirement!! Let us use our whole Roster again! Please?!

Why not? You don’t think there are skillful players who don’t have the 5 or 6* version of a champion they need for a counter?
    Skill does not build a roster, luck does. It doesn't matter how skilled you are when you're opening a six star. You could be as good as MSD and pull a Groot or you can be a total scrub and pull a Domino. The only way to try to get the champs you need is to open as many crystals as possible and that comes from spending units not progressing.
    So far, the Gates have been based on progress. Not luck. "X Amount of..." for example. Fights like The Champion aren't a Gate.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

A l p h a said:

Skill does not build a roster, luck does. It doesn't matter how skilled you are when you're opening a six star. You could be as good as MSD and pull a Groot or you can be a total scrub and pull a Domino. The only way to try to get the champs you need is to open as many crystals as possible and that comes from spending units not progressing.
    So far, the Gates have been based on progress. Not luck. "X Amount of..." for example. Fights like The Champion aren't a Gate.
    Can we please stick to the topic? You've never played the Champion, you have no idea how little counters he has especially for full exploration. We would like to talk to Kabam about how they can continue to make the game fun. You saying the Champion isn't a gate is so false and so wrong that this will go down a deep rabbit hole and take us out of constructive feedback.
    That's not a Gate. That's a Fight which requires a very specific counter. Is it limiting. Sure. It's not a Progress Gate.
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

Siliyo said:

A l p h a said:

Can we please stick to the topic? You've never played the Champion, you have no idea how little counters he has especially for full exploration. We would like to talk to Kabam about how they can continue to make the game fun. You saying the Champion isn't a gate is so false and so wrong that this will go down a deep rabbit hole and take us out of constructive feedback.
    That's not a Gate. That's a Fight which requires a very specific counter. Is it limiting. Sure. It's not a Progress Gate.
    Very specific counter plus gates plus linked nodes...
    The Gates are the Gates. That's my point.
This discussion has been closed.