**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• greyblue42greyblue42 Posts: 117
    edited June 2020
    Ok, we are playing our first Off-Season AW with the new nodes now. The new Map design was really exciting at first.
    We were doing 1BG every time and were kind of neutral til now becaus it was bearable.

We are a Bronze 1 Alliance for intermediate and beginner players. But now after the node changes all of us even the strong players are considering to stop AW all together. With the changes and these insane nodes we have no chance to win any AW at all anymore. I mean - I'm aware that we are not high and probably not that experienced. I really don't want to whine about this... but this isn't fun - AW with the new nodes is more like torture now. And the Rewards are not worth the efforts anymore.

I truly hope that it will be considered that there is a need for easier/lower Tiers for newer less experienced players as well. We all have started with a small roster of champions at one point with not a lot of experience for tactics or knowledge of the game. You can't change everything in the game to an "Expert-Level" from Top to Bottom. New players completely loose the chance to participate in AW that way.

Also keep in mind, that most of the lower players who are new to the game are normaly not that invested into it to go to a forum and give feedback. Most of the people who post here are in it for longer and do it because they invested a lot of time into playing the game - therfore, more experienced! The voices of lower Tier players are not that often voiced.

To ignore Beginner is the best way to loose new players all together and with that kill the future of the game.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    why tier1-3 map has aggression prowess node (the easiest aggression node in the game) on node 23 and Challenger map has aggression Fury (the worst aggression node in the game) ?
    is that a joke?
    and Master- P3 are the one that get the increased reward, right?
    is it because you are trying to please them?

i can't give you "feedback" about the tunnel node if IMIW kill me after 2 seconds with oscillate fury phase + 2 aggression furies.
    i can't give you "feedback" on the other nodes if we get stuck at node 23 after dying 30 times.
    can't even skip this nightmare fight!!!

smh.

great company... "we are nerffing act6 because we finally realize it is too hard" and in the same announcement "here is a new AW. have fun..."
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Will there be any buff to season rewards for gold alliances or are they just tuning nodes and tactics? I've tried to keep up with the information flow but there's a lot going on in multiple threads.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Quick question. It was asked before and no reply was given.
    @Kabam Miike will there be any changes to AW boosts? Before you could use a power start/invul etc boost to last 2 fights easily. Now with the increase in timer and way some fights are made, it won't be possible to use it even for one proper fight if you die beyond 3 minutes. Can we have an extension on them as well?
  • These are the Changes to new Nodes.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

These are the Changes to new Nodes.

Dismiss my last response regardless the node with knock down.
    edited June 2020
    No buffs in rewards for Plat 4 and below? Or is it just to buff rewards for higher tiers and increase the gap? And what about the AW boosts?
    Happy for the changes now. I’m ready to se them in action and se hav ther wil be with new tactics
    edited June 2020
    How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and Invul boost. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and even invul boost won't save you. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

Why can’t u not use void u can. Just a slow fight
    Gamer said:

How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and even invul boost won't save you. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

My bad. Can use, but you might time out. No way of stopping flow using him until you get the Petrify. A lot of counters to Flow champs were just nerfed.

Gamer said:

My bad. Can use, but you might time out. No way of stopping flow using him until you get the Petrify. A lot of counters to Flow champs were just nerfed.
    Well can’t u just quack that node to no sure if quack shut down the node with the concussion
    edited June 2020
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Well can’t u just quack that node to no sure if quack shut down the node with the concussion
    Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration. Can't use CG, not sure if Dusa will shut down the entire node or not. Magik won't work. Can't build G99 on that node for future fights as well. And won't be able to power control using her if I'm right. Can't shock with Warlock or armour break. Basically made it such that only 2-3 champs can deal with it.

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration.
    And we can’t really go in a test it wil like to test this thing out but unfortunately we can’t ofcasse I’m Agerd with u with the node isn’t fair building but when was it even fair
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 96
    I had assigned a member earlier who has now been kicked and I am not getting a list for replacing from alliance members. Do I have to de enlist in AW and start all over again?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration. Can't use CG, not sure if Dusa will shut down the entire node or not. Magik won't work. Can't build G99 on that node for future fights as well. And won't be able to power control using her if I'm right. Can't shock with Warlock or armour break. Basically made it such that only 2-3 champs can deal with it.
    couldn't you also use guilly or xbones, as well as an offensive flow champ that would stop the flow power gain, plus ghost with hood? or am i missing something?
    edited June 2020

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

couldn't you also use guilly or xbones, as well as an offensive flow champ that would stop the flow power gain, plus ghost with hood? or am i missing something?
    Can use G99 but can't keep her built. A lot of the other champs might be able to slow down the power gain, but their inbuilt abilities are directly removed. Magik becomes useless as far as I see. A lot of Warlock's damage is removed unless you keep baiting heavy and intercept with yours to reach a special after a long time. Xbones doesn't have a lot of use vs mystics. Again limits you to G99 and HT. Can't throw any specials with Ghost again if I'm not mistaken. I don't use her, so wouldn't know, but is her damage enough without suicides to use no specials?
    Also you're missing the point. The idea of flow was that you're able to stop the stacks if you party/well timed block. They removed that partially on window of opportunity. Limiting the champs used or changing playstyle. Sucks, but still somewhat okay. Now, they remove that entire possibility of removing flow unless you have a champ that is a flow champ and somehow heavy intercept continuously to stop it or use HT/G99. Makes some of the flow counters useless. Why limit an already limited pool of champs to counter the global?

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Can use G99 but can't keep her built. A lot of the other champs might be able to slow down the power gain, but their inbuilt abilities are directly removed. Magik becomes useless as far as I see. A lot of Warlock's damage is removed unless you keep baiting heavy and intercept with yours to reach a special after a long time. Xbones doesn't have a lot of use vs mystics. Again limits you to G99 and HT. Can't throw any specials with Ghost again if I'm not mistaken. I don't use her, so wouldn't know, but is her damage enough without suicides to use no specials?
    Also you're missing the point. The idea of flow was that you're able to stop the stacks if you party/well timed block. They removed that partially on window of opportunity. Limiting the champs used or changing playstyle. Sucks, but still somewhat okay. Now, they remove that entire possibility of removing flow unless you have a champ that is a flow champ and somehow heavy intercept continuously to stop it or use HT/G99. Makes some of the flow counters useless. Why limit an already limited pool of champs to counter the global?
    Why would anyone use ghost without suicides? and why wouldn't you use specials? A lot of champs can also heavy counter, and i believe all champs can heavy counter in the corner.
    Anyone can literally think of a few champs who have better counters removed by stunning reflection. Adding polka dot power was an unneeded thing.
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 96
    2_Wheeler said:

I had assigned a member earlier who has now been kicked and I am not getting a list for replacing from alliance members. Do I have to de enlist in AW and start all over again?

I found out that another officer had enlisted 3 groups so that was possible reason why no members were available.
    edited July 2020

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Why would anyone use ghost without suicides? and why wouldn't you use specials? A lot of champs can also heavy counter, and i believe all champs can heavy counter in the corner.
    It's polka dot power as well. Isn't that the one where you can't gain any power unless you put DoT on the opponent? How would Ghost use specials? Unless her miss ability counts. And not everyone who isn't at the top runs Suicides whether they use Corvus/Ghost. Stunning Reflection is a direct counter to flow in general. There is no point of part of flow which says you can stop power gain will well timed blocks. So most non flow attackers get screwed on the spot.

If this is the final version and your done tweaking you’ve done such a disservice to the community. This is to radical a change for most players. Please scale back the map to last season @Kabam Miike

this map is WAY easier then last season....it's a massive scale back already
  • Well it's hard to say that these changes will address everyone's concerns with AW. I do like the removal of Tunnel Vision from 23. That's a BIG win. Watching Domino rack up 33 kills today made me feel genuinely horrible for our opponents. They were jammed up for awhile and eventually punched their way through, but ultimately ended up losing to us.

However, that brings me to my next point about the map layout. I feel it's a step backwards from its predecessor. At least when we hit the middle and one of those Mini Bosses was too over the top, you could just skip it and move on. No longer feasible now. That's kind of sad. The freedom we had in the previous iteration has been replaced with forced confrontation.

Which now brings me to my final point. Will these changes be enough to make the map manageable with Stubborn DT in play? I'm not convinced yet. We're probably gonna do a trial run and based on the outcome decide what we're gonna do for the Season. We're starting to consider putting AW on the backburner. What makes me sad is the relief I feel thinking about not running AW. That's sad. I genuinely hope the changes will be enough. Truly I do.

If this is the final version and your done tweaking you’ve done such a disservice to the community. This is to radical a change for most players. Please scale back the map to last season @Kabam Miike

this map is WAY easier then last season....it's a massive scale back already
    Definitely disagree on that aspect. Yes the removal of some nodes that were a pain like debuff immune, reverse controls and AoN is good, but the new nodes added are more roster specific than ever and pose a harder challenge to those who don't have it. Maybe folks at the top may find it easier, but for those at T4 and below, I'm pretty sure that it is not.

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

It's polka dot power as well. Isn't that the one where you can't gain any power unless you put DoT on the opponent? How would Ghost use specials? Unless her miss ability counts. And not everyone who isn't at the top runs Suicides whether they use Corvus/Ghost. Stunning Reflection is a direct counter to flow in general. There is no point of part of flow which says you can stop power gain will well timed blocks. So most non flow attackers get screwed on the spot.
    U can always take of parry. So u don’t tigger stun