**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the Magneto buff we need to fix the #metal situation

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

TP33 said:

I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
    1. Blade (Swords and guns)
    2. Corvus glaive (Glaive)
    3. Black Panther CW. (Suit)
    4. Domino (guns)
    5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

Not all metal is magnetic. Aluminum, copper, gold silver for example vibranium may not be.
    Dont forget titanium. It is very weak magnetically and is what blades swords are made of.
  • Mayis said:

Deadpool and Masacre carry metal, but they use em only for special attacks. Gambit, Hela, Namor, Electra use metal. Aegons helmet seems to be metal. Bishops, Agent Venoms, Racoons, Elsas, Hit-monkeys, Furys guns are metal. Caps suit/shield is metal. Cyclops eye-thing is metal. Black Bolts crownish thing seems to be metal. His wife uses metal.

U can find metal almost on every champion. Well, even I carry metal on my slippers.

We already have 53 metal champs now. It's almost 30 % of all our roster. If u tag everyone with #metal, who will counter Magneto? U can't parry him, u can't bleed him, u can't shock him and u have AAR. There will left only few options who can beat magneto, and it isn't fair towards players with small roster to make him THAT OP.

This, all of this. I am very against going back and adding in more metal tags to champions that previously did not have them. It’s not fair to reduce our counters to him, especially when players don’t have huge rosters. He’s already going to be a bigger pain to fight. It’s not like Blade where only a handful of champs are Dimensional Beings. It’s not like with Medusa where there’s only a handful of Robots. There are 53 metal champs, and that is a lot already. A lot of the hardest champs to fight are Metal. His new version is incredibly destructive against these as it is. He’s straight steamrolling very difficult opponents. If you add more to that, and he’s crushing most Act 6 bosses in a *single* SP3 that becomes a huge balance issue. What we also don’t want is a repeat of pre 12.0 Scarlet Witch where 1) they had to put in place all sorts of nodes and counter measures against her which of course also in turn hurt other champions that people wanted to use 2) had to be nerfed later. I’m just really wary of this happening again and Miikes comments got me hella nervous.

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    GagoH said:

^
    He'll become too overpowered in a way

Not really seeing as they’ll probably nerf him against non metal champs
    Which is nobody by the above definition

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Donnymeij said:

Not all metals are magnetic thou. So I guess the Metal tag is only if the metal they use if magnetic.
    Maybe adamentium isn`t magnetic and thus BPCW does not have the metal tag.

Magneto is amazing with this new buff if it stays as it is. There is no need to make him even stronger.
    If you look up the metal tag champs there are a lot where magneto might possibly be the best counter for.

This is just like corvus all over again how, in some way. 90% of all champs should have been avengers because of reasons.

The tag is fine, And magneto will shred a lot of content with his new buff.

Adamantium is in the comics a steel alloy with vibranium, hence Magneto could strip Wolverine's adamantium from his bones.

BPCW uses pure vibranium and cannot be magnetised.

Cap's shield used to be adamantium but I think it was retconned to pure vibranium.
    Caps sheild used to be a adamantium vibranium alloy. Since the MCU, I only ever see it refered to as pure vibranium now
    Wolverine called he wants his shield back so he can melt it down for adamantium 🤣
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    The champs op mention yes they have metal but if you think bout it, if they were to fight magneto they would just drop their weapons and fight him hand to hand combat.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

The champs op mention yes they have metal but if you think bout it, if they were to fight magneto they would just drop their weapons and fight him hand to hand combat.

Mags can control iron in a person's bloodstream so I wouldn't recommend hand to hand unless you want to be torn apart from the inside.

That's why the game has to have limits to what it considers metal and who it should apply to or else he could control everyone and everything.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

How is sentinel metal? Weren't they changed to not be affected by magneto

Those are days of future past sentinel. Magneto crush sentinels. Sentinel were weak against magneto even in comics.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

There are plans to update the Metal tag coming with the Magneto reworks as well. We're working on it and will announce them in the release notes as well!

You may remove some but if you’re planning on adding more #Metal champs he may need a nerf from what was leaked.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

Jestress said:

HI_guys said:

How is sentinel metal? Weren't they changed to not be affected by magneto

I think he's referring to the X-Men movie where Trask made Sentinels without metal so Magneto couldn't manipulate them. Either way, this game doesn't follow Marvel movies to a tee.
    Yo not just movies . Sentinel in general were made to counter mutants. So they are made of a different material tonot be obliterated by magneto
    Magneto has successfully used his powers against Sentinels on many occasions. There have been specific models made to counter Magneto, but the average Sentinel is not equipped this way.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    The main champions I want too see corrected are Star Lord (who has a Metal Mask On His FACE, also Metal Arm Plates and his Element Gun) and Rocket Raccoon (who has tons of Metal ON And INSIDE him, as well all the Metal Gadgets used in his Specials).
    Also there's just so random cases where certain Champions like Gwenpool who's #Metal cause of her Swords but other Champions that use Swords or Guns aren't counted as #Metal, not counting the ones that are canonically know to use Weapons made of Metals that cannot be manipulated by Magneto.

One more thing Magneto himself should be counted as #Metal because we know he has Metal in his Boots he uses to Levitate himself and Fly which clearly he does in-game.
    Shafeeq said:

I agree with all of you above and especially with @mayis he has given a perfect reason but guys there is another thread where @Kerneas only focused on tech champs

Hulk Buster (how could this iron wall not be magnetized screw that)
    starlord
    rocket raccoon
    yondu

these 4 can not be magnetized and are counters for magneto
    well, rocket's gun can be magnetized in some case...

Actually Hulkbuster Is #Metal ingame, that is just an simple error on Auntm.ai that someone forgot to Tag him as #Metal.
    edited August 2020

At least they're still releasing champs with #metal tag
    Unlike with blade where new dimensional beings don't get the tag (looking at you mojo)

Don't forget Vision Aarkus who's Bio in-game specifically mentions He's A Dimensional Being and his Abilities state he Draws His Strength From Another Dimension... 😒
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    domino will be lucky enough to not be a metal champion (if you know her superpower).
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    k
  • BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    We don't really know what Corvus' glaive is actually made of.... maybe it's metal, but maybe not
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited August 2020
    Nor received the buff and are already trying to limit the magneto, in the blood and in the brain it has iron compound ... ready, all metal champions ... I have the magneto of all the stars, let me be happy
    Magneto is an omega-level mutant, he deserves this buff, there are very powerful champions who are nothing in the comics ... We must take into account that damage caused in the RDL does not reflect in other modes, nor in monthly events ...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

Nor received the buff and are already trying to limit the magneto, in the blood and in the brain it has iron compound ... ready, all metal champions ... I have the magneto of all the stars, let me be happy
    Magneto is an omega-level mutant, he deserves this buff, there are very powerful champions who are nothing in the comics ... We must take into account that damage caused in the RDL does not reflect in other modes, nor in monthly events ...

damage done in ROL is a good representation of the other modes, as there are no buffs to the champion there.
    edited August 2020
    damage done in ROL is a good representation of the other modes, as there are no buffs to the champion there.

In other ways like abysm or lol there are damage limits, not to mention that you can't always attack with the heavy one in lol, aw or aq there is no time to get that damage ...
    Just like Namor who has a high chance of damage, but was nerf for his regeneration,
    I support the buff, magneto has to be god, not aegon, guillotine 2099 and these characters that are not even marvels
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Mysterio is immune to ability accuracy reduction. which means Magneto won't be able to mess with his ability acc. unless of course Mysterio is armor broken, then he loses it for x amount of seconds. So in that case, throw a sp2 to break armor Mysterio, that way, Magento passive ability accu reduction should work then???? am i right on this?

in relation to Sentinel, i think it would be nice if Kabam follows a bit what the real movies, comics, etc do. So with that being said, maybe remove #metal tag off Sentinel but keep the #robot tag. which is Medusa will still be one of the best counter to Sentinel, but Magneto won't.

edited August 2020
    Whenever it appears in films and cartoons sentinels of plastic or non-ferrous material, they were manufactured especially to hunt the Magneto, by chance in Mcoc this is the case? And they always show up after Magneto destroys several versions of metal ... are you saying this is the special version?
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    You would either have to reduce his effectiveness or draw the line somewhere. He can’t cover almost every champ in the game while getting highly enhanced abilities against those champs. I’d rather see him be very powerful against a somewhat isolated group of champs. I haven’t done the math, but it is like about 1/4 of the existing champions, a lot of them problem defenders. He isn’t meant to be used as a main. You could do so, but he is much better suited to fill a gap in your team.

Note the term Nimrod used to mean great hunter but Looney Tunes changed that by calling Elmer Fudd a nimrod which implies someone that is useless/idiot

Truly Ninrod is not a term, but a biblical name of the man considered the greatest hunter that ever existed ...