New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• AysedamzAysedamz Member Posts: 1
    I don’t like it all, just bring the old one back, or make it easier for people who haven’t much 5 and 6 stars
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

The difference between you and me KM??

I have integrity....

No need to attack the kabam members personally. This is just a game. Let's not loose our humanity over a game.
    But you see it's not an attack it is a obvious observation.

The kabam Mike claims that he plays be this game everyday.

He also claims that he and the game team designed the arenas to have the same effort as before.

Then talks out the other side of his Mouth saying something's will require more effort.

So this guy works for kabam but didn't know how this would effect the game???

If he didn't know he isn't a real player.

That is clearly not even close.

It's sad that the guy is just a social media shill. It's whatever just don't pretend to be one of us

So, you don't have actual useful feedback, but just want to rant at someone? The mods in the forums are intermediary between the devs and the players. They just take the feedback and get it back to the people in the back end. He may understand and accept your reasons, but may be he cannot agree with you or say anything that makes the company looks bad because, you know, he works for them and it could be against the policy. It also means he has to take some comments like this from players who have absolutely no idea of nuance and how adult life works.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Member Posts: 166 ★★
    As someone who doesn't have much time to do arena I'm certainly noticing a significant change in what I can achieve...
    Im not a massive arena grinder, my main focus is questing and AQ. But I try do a bit of arena on a evening and what I used to do before was a little bit of each arena to grab a couple milestones on each to gain some units and battlechips. Now I tried the new arena and I'll be lucky if I reach 3mil on one in the timescale. It has become a huge grind. I feel if you have a large roaster of 6* and maybe maxed 5* it may be easier to climb up those milestones. But for me on my main account when I have a life you know, work etc. It's now far too time consuming. And my second account.. Well I only have 2 6* currently so I'm not even going to attempt it. I like the addition on GM shards, and was quite interested to see that addition to the arenas but tbh it's not even benefiting me as I can't do a lot of milestones in the time frame.

Certianly noticing a huge difference in the alliance also as the 3 day arena wins is currently on, and I've noticed in a 30 people alliance we have no where near the amount of points we used to get so far.

The idea was there, the streamlined arena, adding more champs to milestones, GM shards...
    But the execution of it is just off unfortunately.
  • CainDaKnightCainDaKnight Member Posts: 1
    Having just had my only 3 rank one 6 star champions destroyed by 3 rank 3 awakened 6 stars champions I am wondering how I am even getting to the first ranked reward unlock without spending hours grinding for almost no reward. These arenas cater for newer players and end game players but leave middle game players with more grind, grind, grind. Agree with other comment, milestone are massive without lots of 6 star champions and rewards are sub-par.
  • nomad2511nomad2511 Member Posts: 2
    my opinion is that new summoner trials arent so bad....true its longer, and little nerfed rewards for milestones, but ranked rewards are pretty fine....and yeah there are deathmatches but you can use finely maxed out 3 stars and 4 stars and its alright....so for that my opinion is to delete from there 2 and 1 star option because they are pointless - due to amount of points and deathmatches...

and the 6 star arena.... surely repair deathmatches for 4 stars or completely remove them from there and left only 5 and 6 stars....because even i have with 6 stars about 5 full teams and its impossible naturally reach more than 2-3 mil points....

so surely reduce milestone goals and limit them to lets say 10 mil using only 5 and 6 stars.....
    and sum trials let milestones but remowe from there 1 and 2 stars and little buff milestone rewards...and then it will be fine....

and get the feature 3 star to 1.5mil goal from 6 mil because than you are much harder to achieve them than before

so its 6/10 lets say ?? little tuning it and i think it will be fine
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Suggestion:

6* Featured Arena : Allow 5/6* Champs. Adjust milestones back to 12m. 4* Champ in milestone, 5* Champ as ranked rewards.

6* Basic Arena : Change this to 5* Featured arena. Allow 4/5* Champs. Adjust milestones back to 4m. 3* Champ in milestone.

Summoner Trials : 1-4*s. Adjust milestones to 1.5-1.8m.

That being said, just do away with “Featured” and “Basic” arenas. It just make things too complicated.
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 431 ★★
    Not worth effort to grind, it seems rewards down 15%
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Member Posts: 643 ★★★
    i don’t even know where to begin. i’m playing just as my casual grind since 2 days and it’s not even close to what i used to get hit. units are not satisfying, 6* timers are so damn long, 4*s are so useless for me now which i could be able to finish 4* basic arena with them in a half of a day. can’t believe i got excited for this but seriously you guys are not even trying to make arenas better. THIS IS TORTURE!!! fix it
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2021
    Watched Karate Mike’s video. Great idea.

This is what I would do:
    Bring back 3* Featured: You just added 3* champ to the final milestone for everyone to get, and took the ability away from anyone not uncollected.
    4* Basic: Put the champ at the final milestone and make it 2 million. It’s time to let people have a guaranteed 4* without wondering if they are in the top 10%.
    6* Basic: make it 4* and 5* only. Milestones of old 4* Featured and put the 4* champ in the final milestone
    6* Featured: Leave as is.
  • RyanCyanoRyanCyano Member Posts: 1
    Please change it back kabam
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Just finished the summoner trials and basic arena. Had some free days so decided to grind a little more to show the difference these make.
    I am a thronebreaker player with 13 teams of 6* champions, 17 teams of 5* champions are rank 4 or higher, and 16 maxed 4* champions.
    These results were from doing the trials with my 4 stars. And in the basic used my 6* champions 4 times, because that was the max I could do within the time limit.

Normally I would have to put up 42+45+60 rounds for 3 arena's and get 405 units and 120000 Battlechips.
    This time I had to put up 56 rounds in the trials and 113 rounds in the basic. This gave me 340 units and 120000 battlechips.
    So I had to do 22 rounds more, for 65 units less. Battlechips stayed equal.
    I will admit the shards are very nice, but they are hardly the reason most people do arena.

I understand I can use 6* champions in the arena and I have calculated I would need to do 85 rounds of 6* fights. This would give me a total of 141 fights, so slightly less than the old way, but still 65 units less.

Normally I would have to spread it out more because of work so these would be my totals over 3 days.
    Considering I have to do 22 more rounds now, I could have done those in another arena in the old system. If I were to estimate using them in the 3* featured WITHOUT boosts. I would get to the 240k milestone and get another 31 units. Which makes a difference of 96 less units, not to consider less Battlechips aswell.

To get the same amount of units for roughly the same amount of time (I am willing to ignore the 13 rounds more) I would have to have 102 6* champs if I was to use them 5 times over 3 days. (old system required 3 rounds max so more QOL and freedom)
    And that is just to get the same as before.

SORRY FOR THE LONG TEXT

If you would want to keep the grind (for units, gold and battlechips) relatively the same you would have to make the following adjustments:

Trials: keep it the same, keep roughly 55 rounds to reach all milestones
    Featured: Keep it the same, at 85 rounds you get all the milestones. Will go down slightly over time with more higher ranked 6 stars.
    Basic: Make 5 stars the maxed usable champions. Make it 85 rounds to reach everything also. This would result in roughly 9000000 milestone at the top.

You could either keep the total units per arena the same or you could make them 180 units equally per arena, for lower level players.

This would mean roughly 225 rounds total which was required before:
    trials: ~37
    3*: ~37
    4* basic: ~42
    4* featured: ~45
    5* featured: ~60
    Total 221 rounds

All the rounds are with suicides.

You can either choose to adjust the basic arena to give a little less shards, but considering the same investments in rounds as now (but with 5* champs) it shouldn`t change TOO much I think.

thank you for considering.
  • rvcubingrvcubing Member Posts: 140
    I think that its fine that there are two 6 star arenas, one ting we can do tho is reduce the milestones and have more units in each milestone, then casual players can just go for milestones in both arenas if they don't have a expansive roster
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Trapavko said:

mdm_mi said:

Watched Karate Mike’s video. Great idea.

This is what I would do:
    Bring back 3* Featured: You just added 3* champ to the final milestone for everyone to get, and took the ability away from anyone not uncollected.
    4* Basic: Put the champ at the final milestone and make it 2 million. It’s time to let people have a guaranteed 4* without wondering if they are in the top 10%.
    6* Basic: make it 4* and 5* only. Milestones of old 4* Featured but a final milestone of 6 million (old champ) or 8 million (new champ) that has the 4* champ.
    6* Featured: Leave as is.

Why is everyone quoting Karate Mike's video?? That's a terrible narrow minded idea that caters to Kabam. I wonder if Kabam actually pays youtubers or something to promote some of their own ideas through them.

This new arena system is designed for profit. They have specifically made this very bad. They have specifically said it's gonna stay and wiggle. So instead of very bad they'll change it to slightly less very bad. That's what karate mike and others who agree milestone adjustment are proposing. Give into kabam and push slightly less very bad changes down our throats and profit.
    I don`t really understand how Mike's idea does what you say it does. It will make unit grinding easier for a lot of players, except for people that refuse to become uncollected.
    With mikes Idea you would get the units you would normally have to have done 70+ rounds for in roughly 55 rounds (old 3* and basic arena to trials)
    5* champs have a purpose and you can easily farm a 3 and 4 star basic champion.
    6* featured can stay the same since it is designed with the future in mind.

There are only 2 'bad' things that remain, which could be dealt with. That is no farming the 3* featured, so put that as the final milestone in the trials. Solved.
    And people need to become uncollected, and to be fair, if you already did arena and thus get units, everyone with 2 thumbs can do it with the huge amount of 5 and 6* champs available even for low level players.

If you have 2 extremes you will not solve anything by both repeating the same extra to eachother. You find a middle ground. And I actually think his idea could work very well.
  • Jay777Jay777 Member Posts: 26
    How many points you all think the 6 star falcon will go for? 20 mill or 60 million?
  • 3ugene_Paul_Patilio3ugene_Paul_Patilio Member Posts: 26
    It's simply not worth my time as is, going from an average 70 units per hour to 50 is ridiculous.
    One step forward, two steps back.
  • alegka312alegka312 Member Posts: 67
    Looks like drop from arena crystals is fixed like new arena rewards. True?
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Member Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    alegka312 said:

Looks like drop from arena crystals is fixed like new arena rewards. True?

Nope. Don't think so.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Member Posts: 244
    edited May 2021
    How about increasing the streak multiplier. Large 6* rosters would be able to reach milestones faster thereby decreasing the grind and smaller rosters would lose streaks, but would still have incentive to keep going while probably decreasing grind time as well.
  • The_Patient_OneThe_Patient_One Member Posts: 2
    Here’s an idea. If you are going to make the arenas so unattainable, why not include 5 star versions of the champs as a milestone reward. That might make it worth the grind, but to grind hard and not even get a 5 star because of a limited roster is disappointing.
  • Salguod47Salguod47 Member Posts: 4
    I'm not getting the same amount of unit for the same grind. Pre change I could do 8 rounds total split between 2,3,4 and 5 star arenas and get 40 units (using some 3 star boosts). Now it has taken me 11 round to get the same amount of units. I would also be in a good position to push further in the 4 star arena for more units.
    In the new format my 3 stars will never be used and arena boost crystals will never be opened. Same will happen to 5 stars in 6 stars arena.
    Please consider switching the drop rate in the arena boosts crystals to get 90% 4 star boosts and 10% 3star boosts. Same goes for greater arena boosts 90% 6 star and 10% 5 star drop rates.
    To fix the lower unit gained problem. Put the higher unit amounts in the lower brackets and the lower amounts into the higher brackets that way people grinding all milestones still get same. People like me get what they got before.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    Between death matches, making the 3* featured hero milestone so high and taking away quality of life in this change these new arenas are not fun. I get if you have a large 6* roster that it is easy, but honestly that is not the majority of players. Used to be I could go for 640,000 and get the 3* Featured using only 3*s, but now I've got to grind with my few 6*s (3 of them to be exact) and my decent 5* roster (not a lot of them ranked to 5/65 due to resources) along with my 4*s which need to be ranked up more (once again a resource issue). Do hope Kabam makes some serious changes. I've watched Rich the Man, Contest Champion, and ilackskillz. All of them had good points which I believe Kabam should listen to along with the majority of the community.
This discussion has been closed.