**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Bigbowlr said:

This is our first month doing this Double Month side quest thing, and we're still learning. I definitely see why this is frustrating though, and even though we tried to lighten the burden by reducing the number of fights from the last week, it might not have been enough.

I can't spoil anything, but I do think that you'll want to complete at least one of these difficulties all the way through, even if it's just the easiest one so you have access to the October Side Event.

So are you saying that if we complete the easiest level we'll gain access to the best rewards? So we can do Proven objectives and get access to the t5c selector and other stuff, or are the rewards unlocked locked behind the difficulty level you complete this month
    This is also my question. If I decide to phone it in and just do whatever the easiest difficulty is this month (which I hate to do), will I still have access to the highest difficulty next month when something that is hopefully better than this comes around?
    As far as I know, you should. Since the original post says at any level.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

It's really not that bad. One Fight is one Point.

Your forgetting the energy requirements to get this knocked out. It's alot fyi.
    Meh. I have EQ done, and Energy Refills. Not a lot for me.
    Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.
    6.2.3, 3 Energy per Fight. Restart. 150 Energy. Done.
    Yes. People don’t *want* to do that. This is not fun.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

Then people don't *want* the Rewards.
    50 Fights is less monotonous than 7-10 for 30 days.
    50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You can tell that by the mountains of feedback given on this very issue.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Both were addressed. You finish a Fight period, and it's 50, not 100.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Bigbowlr said:

This is our first month doing this Double Month side quest thing, and we're still learning. I definitely see why this is frustrating though, and even though we tried to lighten the burden by reducing the number of fights from the last week, it might not have been enough.

I can't spoil anything, but I do think that you'll want to complete at least one of these difficulties all the way through, even if it's just the easiest one so you have access to the October Side Event.

So are you saying that if we complete the easiest level we'll gain access to the best rewards? So we can do Proven objectives and get access to the t5c selector and other stuff, or are the rewards unlocked locked behind the difficulty level you complete this month
    This is also my question. If I decide to phone it in and just do whatever the easiest difficulty is this month (which I hate to do), will I still have access to the highest difficulty next month when something that is hopefully better than this comes around?
    As far as I know, you should. Since the original post says at any level.
    Very good question and i would love to hear confirmation from the Mods about this. There needs to be a follow up discussing what Miike said.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126

Bigbowlr said:

Yes! If you complete even the Heroic difficulty this month, you'll have access to them all next month.
    That is good to know.

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Wow. You're really grasping at straws here to make this sound like a fun event.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Wow. You're really grasping at straws here to make this sound like a fun event.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.
    Why do you feel the need to disagree with any comment about people asking for fun events?

You admit yourself they are not fun. Why then, is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?
    Did I say it wasn't fun? Why do you feel the need to speak for me? I've already established that I enjoy Objectives. As a complete replacement for SQ? No. As a change now and then, absolutely.
    Fun is also subjective.