**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Update on the Fight Against Cheaters: May 2nd

Comments

• Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

DL864 said:

Who are you justifying the robbery of an account? A scammer just like him.

Sounds like your account is in the same boat. I can taste the salt
    Rinse your mouth. I have a heightened sense of justice.

Got a burner account taking about justice how ironic
  • Options
    nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    edited May 2023
    Well
  • Options
    akash778899akash778899 Posts: 4
    If the team has banned the modders before launching the event then there were no need to ban innocent players.. or team should have mentioned that before the event that "those who will play with modders will be punished"
  • Options
    SpartanChaosSpartanChaos Posts: 22
    Unfortunately you won't find a mobile game these days that doesn't do that. There's a reason they're banned in some countries labeled as gambling and addictive instead of a game. At the same time they're not just a game they're a company and a business and what business doesn't want max profits. Do they need to fix a ton of things? Absolutely.

I like most am a casual spender and realize I cannot compete with the whales nor should I. If ppl can't handle that fact they should probably stay away from mobile games altogether.
  • Options
    Andrian03 said:

very funny, he tells stories as if everything is under kabam's control, must be reminded that many people are fed up with this game, real fraud, all need money, and it is obvious that kabam is very authoritarian, enjoy the end of the game, and can be seen decrease in players, because many have stopped playing, keep up your way bro, so that everyone will leave this game faster

Many people are leaving the game due to cheaters and terrible inputs. Both things kabam can fix. Banning and getting rid of the cheaters is the easier solution it seems for them as they can't seem to ever fix the inputs so just hammer down on cheaters and fix 50% of the problem
  • Options
    edited May 2023

There is a modder in our alliance with Legend title. He was easily defeating everyone in alliance wars and making us win wars easily. I know he will be banned soon but is there any chance that kabam will ban us too, I mean alliance members ?

Theu won't ban you but if they catch him modding they will strip any AW rewards from everyone in alliance for that season. This is why leaders and officers need to use their brain and kick members they know are cheating.

Any alliance I've been in with any shred of morality in leadership instantly kicks anyone cheating and won't accept any accounts they think are cheating in the first place. No point risking everyone for 1 person.
  • Options
    akash778899akash778899 Posts: 4

If the team has banned the modders before launching the event then there were no need to ban innocent players.. or team should have mentioned that before the event that "those who will play with modders will be punished"

Why would they need to announce that? It's pretty common sense than being carried by a cheater in fact makes you just as guilty if you intentionally have a cheater carry you.

OP himself owned up saying he knew it was not right therefore everyone should know equally and no reason to announce it.
    They should cause I don't which action will lead to ban.. like if we play with cheaters we're getting ban when kabam mess up people get over 100k 6* shards they're fine with it.. isn't it a type of cheating also?
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Why would they need to announce that? It's pretty common sense than being carried by a cheater in fact makes you just as guilty if you intentionally have a cheater carry you.

OP himself owned up saying he knew it was not right therefore everyone should know equally and no reason to announce it.
    They should cause I don't which action will lead to ban.. like if we play with cheaters we're getting ban when kabam mess up people get over 100k 6* shards they're fine with it.. isn't it a type of cheating also?
    Thats a different story, the player base getting a benefit due to kabam error is an accidental benefit to players. Cheating or gaining rewards you weren't due by knowingly playing with a cheater is a violation of ToS and it doesn't matter which facet of the game its in everyone knows there's a risk of ban. It's not about which might get you banned. If you know then you shouldn't be doing it and if a ban comes out then you deserved it if you knowingly did it.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★

It's like the difference between a cashier giving you too much change vs robbing them at gunpoint. It really shouldn't be too hard to see the difference
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    This thread is hilarious.

Nice work Kabam. Keep it up. And do more. BG modders: All elders marks and trophy tokens removed. No season rank rewards.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    This is awesome. The comments are great. Even asking to be told that you can get banned for cheating with a modder....this is awesome stuff.

If you want to mod, go play solo mode Skyrim.

@kabam jax Can we get an update on arena cheaters being banned? Hopefully, there is a big orange announcement next week of arena modders banned and people on here asking why their accounts are locked....or saying they needed to cheat because others cheat. We want more of this!!!
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★

• Options
    Mtmkill_33Mtmkill_33 Posts: 22

There is a modder in our alliance with Legend title. He was easily defeating everyone in alliance wars and making us win wars easily. I know he will be banned soon but is there any chance that kabam will ban us too, I mean alliance members ? Or it's too late, we should've kicked him already ?

All members of the union should be given temporary bans and fines due to the exclusion of 7 * fragments from the reserves following from the announcement of the Kabam team. After all, this is an equivalent violation as playing in a team with a cheater, while you yourself admitted that you knew that he was a cheater and did not report about this in technical support. If they have already taken such a tougher punishment, then it should apply to everyone.
  • Options

There is a modder in our alliance with Legend title. He was easily defeating everyone in alliance wars and making us win wars easily. I know he will be banned soon but is there any chance that kabam will ban us too, I mean alliance members ?

Theu won't ban you but if they catch him modding they will strip any AW rewards from everyone in alliance for that season. This is why leaders and officers need to use their brain and kick members they know are cheating.

Any alliance I've been in with any shred of morality in leadership instantly kicks anyone cheating and won't accept any accounts they think are cheating in the first place. No point risking everyone for 1 person.
    Wait, that is, the players caught sneaking in the Danger Room got what they deserved, and the players that the cheater carried through the entire season of the alliance war should get off with a simple demotion in rank. Why are you not objective in this matter?
  • Options
    Roxas108Roxas108 Posts: 12
    hats off to you kabam i like what i am hearing.
  • Options

Wait, that is, the players caught sneaking in the Danger Room got what they deserved, and the players that the cheater carried through the entire season of the alliance war should get off with a simple demotion in rank. Why are you not objective in this matter?
    I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that is what happens. I personally think any cheaters and those who actively allow and are happy to benefit from it should receive a perma ban. No need to adjust rewards for an account that doesn't exist. Everyone knows cheating is wrong it doesn't matter the circumstances and if you support and participate in it then you shouldn't be in the game. That is my 100% objective stance on it.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

I didn't expect so many people to try to find a grey area on cheating, so let's recap, together (it'll be fun!):

• Don't cheat.
    • Cheat detection is only getting stronger. If you're cheating and you haven't been caught: count your blessings, it's not going to last long.
    • Frustration is not, nor will it ever be, a justification for cheating.
    • This is an iterative process. We are building out our toolset to combat cheaters in all areas of the game, even if we're only discussing March's Incursions meta in this post. When we provide detailed communication, it's easiest to paint a picture by focusing on one specific area of the game.
    Hello.
    Please answer the question: for what reason did the players of the unions who committed a similar violation of the user agreement as the players whom the cheaters carried in the Danger Room not receive similar bans and fines? The user agreement is the same, the violation is the same.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

There is a modder in our alliance with Legend title. He was easily defeating everyone in alliance wars and making us win wars easily. I know he will be banned soon but is there any chance that kabam will ban us too, I mean alliance members ? Or it's too late, we should've kicked him already ?

All members of the union should be given temporary bans and fines due to the exclusion of 7 * fragments from the reserves following from the announcement of the Kabam team. After all, this is an equivalent violation as playing in a team with a cheater, while you yourself admitted that you knew that he was a cheater and did not report about this in technical support. If they have already taken such a tougher punishment, then it should apply to everyone.
    Seems like Kabam has double standards.
    They banned those that got carried by modders in Incursions for few hours, but they don’t ban allies that get carried throughout a whole season of AW by modders.
    Since Kabam chosen all of a sudden to go with tough punishments, then it should apply to EVERYONE involved with cheating, not only to few scapegoats.
    Because selective punishments, only increase the feeling of injustice within the community.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,648 Guardian
    Incursions as a pair is different from Wars with 30 ppl and 27 paths.

Someone could carry you in incursions, because you can both take the same path, and only the 1 person could do all the fighting, and the rewards would be the same no matter if that tandem took a single path together or took different paths.

In WARS (even within 1 BG), nobody can go and do all 9 paths (defeating all enemies on all 9 paths.
    And while, yes, 1 person could do just 1 path, and the other 9 people could just follow that same path afterwards, that DOES NOT yield enough points (by a long shot) to actually win wars, or put up enough points to have meaningful Rank position.

And if you say in Wars, well a single person could “Pilot” every other account (that is indeed a situation where ALL of those piloted account would also get banned, and is not what is really being talked about as far as 1 bad actor out of a bunch).
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I didn't expect so many people to try to find a grey area on cheating, so let's recap, together (it'll be fun!):

• Don't cheat.
    • Cheat detection is only getting stronger. If you're cheating and you haven't been caught: count your blessings, it's not going to last long.
    • This is an iterative process. We are building out our toolset to combat cheaters in all areas of the game, even if we're only discussing March's Incursions meta in this post. When we provide detailed communication, it's easiest to paint a picture by focusing on one specific area of the game.
    Love it, keep more of this coming. Cheating isn’t a grey issue.
  • Options

Incursions as a pair is different from Wars with 30 ppl and 27 paths.

Someone could carry you in incursions, because you can both take the same path, and only the 1 person could do all the fighting, and the rewards would be the same no matter if that tandem took a single path together or took different paths.

In WARS (even within 1 BG), nobody can go and do all 9 paths (defeating all enemies on all 9 paths.
    And while, yes, 1 person could do just 1 path, and the other 9 people could just follow that same path afterwards, that DOES NOT yield enough points (by a long shot) to actually win wars, or put up enough points to have meaningful Rank position.

And if you say in Wars, well a single person could “Pilot” every other account (that is indeed a situation where ALL of those piloted account would also get banned, and is not what is really being talked about as far as 1 bad actor out of a bunch).

In your opinion, a guaranteed bonus (in the case of playing with a cheater) in the amount of 39 points does not give a clear advantage over the opponent.
    The cheater can go one path, here you are right. But he goes through 13 opponents without losses, while killing the difficult ones and the boss, we get a total of 39 bonus points and the remaining easy opponents. This is a 99% victory in the alliance war.
    And most importantly, this is a violation, no matter what advantage it gives.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

• Don't cheat.
    Why not a permanent ban on first cheat ?