Champion skins

Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 707 ★★★★
Have I just horribly misread this, or are champion skins a thing now?

Comments

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,352 ★★★★
    Who on earth would click on that suspicious link?

And about "skins".

Captain Marvel we have 3=Movie, Moican Hair and Long hair with mask and S(not Kamala)

Hulk we have OG, Red, gray, Maestro

Ronin, Hawkeye

Thor OG, Thor Ragnarok

And a lot of other champs/skins
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,224 ★★★★★

And about "skins".

Captain Marvel we have 3=Movie, Moican Hair and Long hair with mask and S(not Kamala)

Hulk we have OG, Red, gray, Maestro

Ronin, Hawkeye

Thor OG, Thor Ragnarok

And a lot of other champs/skins

it's not an S, it's a frickin' lightning bolt!
  • FrostBiteChampFrostBiteChamp Member Posts: 23
    I demand compensation! 🤣🤣
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★

I don't know where that came from, but there are definitely not Skins in the Game. *at this moment.* I've fixed it.

I’ve boxed that for you.
    Nah they wouldn't do skins. If their goal is to keep the game running for as long as possible or "forever" like the sentiment they've shared in streams it would not be smart to start hemorrhaging potential new champions with skins to put on existing ones. (A close but not exact example could be iron man and how it was great for us but bad for them monetarily. They could have made that a new champion and sold it instead of reskinning the already existing ironman )
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I don't know where that came from, but there are definitely not Skins in the Game. *at this moment.* I've fixed it.

I’ve boxed that for you.
    Nah they wouldn't do skins. If their goal is to keep the game running for as long as possible or "forever" like the sentiment they've shared in streams it would not be smart to start hemorrhaging potential new champions with skins to put on existing ones. (A close but not exact example could be iron man and how it was great for us but bad for them monetarily. They could have made that a new champion and sold it instead of reskinning the already existing ironman )
    I completely agree, but I could see skins being used in other ways. For example, I think Gorr’s comic design is a million times better than the MCU one used in game, and I highly doubt they’ll release another version of him. It’d be cool for a few champs to toggle between designs that aren’t going to make it in as new champs
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I’ve always thought skins (purely cosmetic) would be an excellent monetising opportunity, especially with battlegrounds in the game.

But it does create potential problems, like fortnite has had reduced visibility skins or something.
  • ThePharcideThePharcide Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    Skins could be a precursor to Mystique? Maybe???
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 237 ★★
    edited December 2023
    Would like updated skins for the OG champions, Thor, Juggs, Scarlet Witch, Rhino etc... Like they did OG Black Panther..
    edited December 2023

It's.. from the official MCOC Twitter.. so... uh...
    Understood 👍
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 361 ★★★

Coming soon - 2024 Mystery Skins 🤣

Oh, so more Skrulls are coming.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    KLZ said:

Would like updated skins for the OG champions, Thor, Juggs, Scarlet Witch, Rhino etc... Like they did OG Black Panther..

Technically that was a visual update and not a skin because skin would imply that you have an option to switch back and forth
  • NosrepNosrep Member Posts: 85
    Skins would be such a fun addition
    o_o said:

You can have that already - just pretend any one of your champs is secretly shapeshifted Mystique

Epic answer

Someone gives a trophy to this guy

Mystique is everywhere on Mcoc
    🤣
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    Nosrep said:

Skins would be such a fun addition

All I know is that Realm of Champions had customizable skins, and that couldn't save the game.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    There's an Invisibility Skin in the game.
    Just ask those ppl here who have shown their champs disappearing during a fight.