**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    It’s a case of believe it when I see it for most. They have made statements similar to this in the past yet it’s at an all time high now.
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    Since the penalties were put in place for moving alliances, some sharing seemed reasonable to balance that. The idea of “I’ll be out of coverage range for two days on vacation” is very different than “our best player will take out all the mini bosses”. The latter seems to fall into “egregious” The former, while a technical TOS violation, does not seem to be out of line with the expectations set by other Kabam actions.
  • Dj_mphDj_mph Posts: 72
    So i can’t log in to my 13 year olds son account ever? Even as a parent @Kabam Miike
    Or because he is a minor the account is actually mine anyways? Correct
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    They need to stop tip-toeing around the topic and have a list that says “this violation = this punishment” and enforce across the board. That gets rid of the “they treat their cashcows differently than the rest of the peasants” concern everyone has.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    I've seen friends share their game info only to have that person sell champs they've worked hard for. I can see where accountt sharing can be a pretty risky behavior.

My concern is how will this be enforced? If I'm on my work wifi the ip will be from outmr corporate headquarters, if I'm on my cellular connection it's different & if I'm on my home wifi it's different. I have a tablet & 2 phones that I use to access my account with.

Perhaps I'll just refrain from participating in AW so I don't get caught up in this mix because i have little faith that steps will be taken to protect players like me that use multiple devices.
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    Sac123_ wrote: »
    Are people actually defending account sharing?! I understand that everyone including me has a life, and that they can't always be online. But this is a game, and if you dont have the skills to play at the top level, you shouldn't play. This is a game as I said, and if you dont have the time, quit or move to a smaller alliance. If this gets all the top players banned, so be it, they must deserve it. I never thought I would see the day so many people defending account sharing

Well, since we can’t move in and out of alliances without strict penalties, I’d say yes, people are defending it. Within reason. It takes >27 people to finish AW, and >24 for AQ map 5.

“I’m on an 12 hour drive today, can someone hop in and move me this afternoon” seems a lot different than “Let the best player clear all the mini bosses on all the accounts” every AW.

• JonpointohJonpointoh Posts: 17
    @Kabam Miike ive been with this group for over 3 years. We all have our own account, and one account that we built together. Took a lot of time and money from all of us. Is this also not allowed? Still the same people playing the same account. Not one person logging in for someone who isnt good at the game. Would really like a little feedback on this. I understand logging in for a player bc they arent good should not be allowed. But the 3 of us are all the same skill level. Not me logging in for him because he will ko. Or vise versa
  • HijackwhoopHijackwhoop Posts: 4
    It happens also for non nefarious reasons like diversified alliances with ppl from many time zones and countries. The lame timers in AQ and AW not being at 30 minutes is a root cause. Talk about segregation and not letting ppl come together from all over to play as a team because of energy recharge times. Seriously think about it.

For the life of me I can't understand why the timers are so long. Would also allow us to play more events when free up teams from the lock out which translated for you money counters, means more opportunity for players to spend. Duh. But who am I to point out the obvious. You're welcome.

• StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    If you can't play every second of AW, too bad. Sharing is cheating. Think of it this way, if Mike Trout were in a minor league team, its common sense that it wouldn't be fair, because he's one of the greatest players ever, playing for a simply "decent" team. That's what piloting consists of, having the #1 player in your ally fighting for everyone. Its unfair & not right.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Hey All,

Account Sharing is against our terms of service, and always has been. We understand that this might come as a shock to some players, but this is something that many players have been discussing since the beginning of Alliance Wars Season 1, if not long before. It is not fair to allow some players to break the Terms of Service, while others that are playing legitimately are at a disadvantage.

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried.

Why dont you just ban the modder alliance sitting on the 7th rank first?

We do not discuss ongoing investigations or actions taken on others accounts.

They have been reported sooooooooo many times. Talk about egregious - they define it.
  • ChaginpChaginp Posts: 4
    Yeah you don’t discuss ongoing investigations or do anything about unnamed alliance that uses 4*r3 champs to take down an 5*r5 Medusa in 4 seconds. Or clear a bleed node with no bleed immune and take no damage. Same with poison nodes. Your doing a great job with banning alliances that have been blatantly modding for months, but you want to focus on account sharing.

You have been given tons of videos and screenshots of unnamed alliance and no actions are taken. Clear indisputable evidence.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Well. Actions speak louder than words. Let's see what happens. Glad to see you guys put out a statement.
    Oh, and I have been in the very top alliances. And yes, pretty much all of them account share in wars. I know who they are too and let's see if anything really happens :-)
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Hey All,

Account Sharing is against our terms of service, and always has been. We understand that this might come as a shock to some players, but this is something that many players have been discussing since the beginning of Alliance Wars Season 1, if not long before. It is not fair to allow some players to break the Terms of Service, while others that are playing legitimately are at a disadvantage.

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried.

You guys contradict yourself in the announcement. You use the word "egregiously" which means that you will only target players that abuse it. It is either against your ToS or it is not. I personally don't care either way but your post saying it's only an issue if you abuse it laughable.
    Well. Actions speak louder than words. Let's see what happens. Glad to see you guys put out a statement.
    mdsub wrote: »
    I've seen friends share their game info only to have that person sell champs they've worked hard for. I can see where accountt sharing can be a pretty risky behavior.

My concern is how will this be enforced? If I'm on my work wifi the ip will be from outmr corporate headquarters, if I'm on my cellular connection it's different & if I'm on my home wifi it's different. I have a tablet & 2 phones that I use to access my account with.

Perhaps I'll just refrain from participating in AW so I don't get caught up in this mix because i have little faith that steps will be taken to protect players like me that use multiple devices.

It's easy. You guys always talk IP addresses

Device ID: unique, Kabam Account: unique: Map the 2 when you enter war.

If you try to go in again with the same device ID and different Kabam account....NO GO.

If you lose your phone, get a new one, that would be a unique different ID and that can be now attached to your Kabam Account. If you have multiple Devices, that will work too. It's just the same device that's in the war can't have 2 kabam accounts. The only thing this doesn't address is the person with 30 phones for everyone in their alliance, but that is highly unlikely.

Kabam, can you pay me for this recommendation?

Actions speak louder than words in Alliance War Piloting.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Actions will most definitely speak volumes. We will know soon. Be sure to report those who pilot, the game is on now (if Kabam follows through).

Good luck to all in season 2.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    mdsub wrote: »

This has been discussed repeatedly, but the bottom line is that external IP address doesn't matter to detecting account sharing. Also, it is trivial for a mobile game developer to tell the difference between you playing their game on several of your devices and someone else logging into the game with your account on one of their devices. If you are the only person playing your account(s) on your own devices then no matter how many accounts you have, how many devices you have, or how many times you change location, change ISP, or use VPNs, your activity cannot be mistaken for account sharing.

The people who believe these things can be confused with account sharing to be blunt do not understand how any of this works at all.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I'M SO HAPPY!
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    While I don’t think piloting is right, I don’t look at it as cheating if a guy that is perfectly capable skill wise can’t get on due to a vacation or a really busy day at work. There’s 30 members/accounts that everyone’s counting on & that’s 30 members that typically have a few weeks of vacation each year. Do the math & it’s not difficult to see why occasionally helping is almost necessary to complete everything that’s always going on. If they’re going to be extremely strict on it that’s fine but it better be the ones abusing it the most getting banned 1st.. regardless of how much they spend.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    1776 wrote: »
    This year i plan on taking camping trips twice a month, does this mean im not authorized to have what ever human being either personal friend or ally member use my account which i built with my money and my time

Yes, you are not authorized to do that.
    What so my avcount isnt mine then its yours kabam?

Yes, you do not own your account, you only are allowed to use it while you are a valid player of the game. You are like a renter of a house. You might have spent a lot of time there, you might have spent a lot of your money dressing the place up, you might have put a lot of work into it. But the owner is still the owner, and if the owner says no parties after 9:00pm, then you might think you deserve to have a party, but the owner can still kick you out if you do.

By the comments, it sounds like piloting is more common than thought. By the way Kabam can’t tell if someone moved up for you cause your on vacation or ifntjey are genuine in fighting your fights
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    By the comments, it sounds like piloting is more common than thought. By the way Kabam can’t tell if someone moved up for you cause your on vacation or ifntjey are genuine in fighting your fights

I agree but they can tell a difference between a handful moving an entire alliance or if it’s a random day here & there between 2 players.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    what if your young and your sister has to log in on there phone to buy you an offer is that account sharing